Topic Stats

• 3,718 posts
  • 421 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Davi
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,064 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200705_145548 (resized).jpg
20200705_145354 (resized).jpg
20200705_153126 (resized).jpg
20200705_153100 (resized).jpg
parts (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_192459_9 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_144257_1CS (resized).jpg
IMG_20200606_135955_8 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200605_171706 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200605_171659 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200605_171654 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200527_181545 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200527_181620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200527_181654 (resized).jpg
20200503_132228 (resized).jpg
20200503_124356 (resized).jpg

There are 3718 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 75.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It sounds worse than it is. If the game is working correctly, the mod can be installed in a matter of minutes and will work just fine. The key is that with the mod, the optos on the planet must sense one ball out for every ball in. I installed mine almost two years ago, and have had absolutely zero problems since. And for the price, it is a very cool upgrade.

Most of the problems I have had have been in just adjusting the crane so that it consistantly drops the balls through teh opto. After I got that dialed in, I haven't had problems.

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangelovePhD:

Most of the problems I have had have been in just adjusting the crane so that it consistantly drops the balls through teh opto. After I got that dialed in, I haven't had problems.

Exactly! And I slightly bent the metal ball guide that leads into the planet ring so that no balls would drop off. I found that to be a necessary step. I like to see those balls circling the planet and the crane unloading them one at a time. It makes it one of if not the coolest ball lock in all of pinball.

#403 6 years ago

I installed the Deadworld mod and had great difficulty getting the crane to move consistently. Then I installed teflon tape (see link below) and the crane became 100% reliable. After I made this mod and dialed in the crane, it never missed a ball in approximately 4 months of play. Personally, I like the Deadworld mod because there is nothing else like it and I personally hate virtual locks.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-mod-to-make-crane-lift-much-smoother-and-consistent

#404 6 years ago

I always just do a buy in on my last game of the evening to get the multiball and clear the balls off the deadworld before shutting it down.. Little added fun at the end of the night and don't have to worry about ball search when I turn it back on

#405 6 years ago

Recently joined the club. Converted all lamps to led's using the pinballbulbs Judge Dredd kit. Came out great, I love it. Came with the two spotlights you see attached to the slingshots and three led strips. One strip is under the cabinet in the back, and one is down in the trough area. I had to decide where to put the third one, so I stuck it up under the clear ramp all the way to the right. I like it there because it lights that whole area which is otherwise dark, and you can see the ball come out of the small loop a lot better. The blue led's really make the red fluorescent deadworld disc stand out nicely.

image.jpg

#406 6 years ago

Anyone have any links to how to dial in the JD Crane, have done a search nothing came up

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Anyone have any links to how to dial in the JD Crane, have done a search nothing came up

Go in test mode. There is a feature for adjust the crane. It is a bit trial and error but LEAVE IT ALONE ONCE IT IS WORKING.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangelovePhD:

Go in test mode. There is a feature for adjust the crane. It is a bit trial and error but LEAVE IT ALONE ONCE IT IS WORKING.

thanks champ hear your LOUD & Clear

#409 6 years ago

Well the Dredd deal thought I had in place fell apart so now may be searching for one still.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

thanks champ hear your LOUD & Clear

It is just easy to come out of tune. I keep mthe card board cover off the crane to prevent it from it getting bumped when I lift the playfield.

#411 6 years ago

Have been in this club a long time and never see myself leaving. Picked up my first JD at the start of 2011. Decent shape, but a faded cab. Sold it with the intention of getting a nicer shape one and that happened a year later. Had no prior experience with the Dredd comic when I got the pin, I just liked the look of it and it was a really cheap game (at the time, I think I got my first one for $1100). Picked up a lot of comics from craigslist and loved it, went back and have bought and read all the case files (collections). Themed the majority of my game room after Dredd, with comics lining it. Got Karl Urban to sign my two theatrical posters at a con this year.temporary-35.jpg

temporary-34.jpgtemporary-33.jpgtemporary-32.jpgtemporary-31.jpgtemporary-30.jpgtemporary-29.jpg

#412 6 years ago

nice toppers. im jealous. i have to go topless cause my ceiling it too low!

#413 6 years ago

Nice, I had the same experience. I got my Dredd by chance for $900, players condition. I was in college, and it was my first WPC pin. I grew to like the theme, and then really enjoyed the newer Dredd movie. I sold it to buy my first motorcycle. It wasn't until 5 years later when I could but another pin that I realized how much I liked the game. It has its quirks but in the end it's a very unique game that I'd be happy to have again one day.

Quoted from Taygeta:

Have been in this club a long time and never see myself leaving. Picked up my first JD at the start of 2011. Decent shape, but a faded cab. Sold it with the intention of getting a nicer shape one and that happened a year later. Had no prior experience with the Dredd comic when I got the pin, I just liked the look of it and it was a really cheap game (at the time, I think I got my first one for $1100). Picked up a lot of comics from craigslist and loved it, went back and have bought and read all the case files (collections). Themed the majority of my game room after Dredd, with comics lining it. Got Karl Urban to sign my two theatrical posters at a con this year.

#414 6 years ago

Looks like mine will live in a new Arcade area of a Comic shop in Jax FL later this year.
It'll be the only one in the WORLD on route in a Comic shop to my knowledge.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

looks like mine will live in a new Arcade area of a Comic shop in Jax FL later this year.
It'll be the only one in the WORLD on route in a Comic shop to my knowledge.

My buddy actually has his in a comic shop in MO, been there for a few months.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My buddy actually has his in a comic shop in MO, been there for a few months.

Well....almost. It is in a boardgame/miniatures/CCG store where a lot of comic book readers hang out........so it is like one degree removed from being in a comic book shop

#417 6 years ago

Little update on the towers. Had a few other projects come up (I know over a year). This is what they will look like.
20140525_151452.jpg

Been having issues with lights, bright or not so bright? Thinking of going with the "glowing" effect. Will try to get some photos of that. Mounting is not going to be on the plastic but from the post just by the #2 tower and other side of shooter lane by the steel ramp guard (reversible). The lights could clip the "meltdown" light to flash or I might just hook to gi.

Post edited by Soapman: Rudy likes them

#418 6 years ago

Ironic, I'm working on towers just like that as well!

#419 6 years ago

Those are great. Any idea if you'll make these available to us or not?

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Those are great. Any idea if you'll make these available to us or not?

It could happen. Depends on the bracket and lights. The decal should not be a problem.

#421 6 years ago

An option without lights would be cool.

1 week later
#422 6 years ago

I just finished my new Dredd ramps. I took my old busted plastic ramps and decided to make molds of them and make them out of fiberglass. Also installed in some LED lighting I wanted to try out. Since the pin is so dark in the back the lighted ramps really give it a nice touch.

DSC03075.JPG DSC03076.JPG DSC03077.JPG
#423 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Little update on the towers. Had a few other projects come up (I know over a year). This is what they will look like.
Been having issues with lights, bright or not so bright? Thinking of going with the "glowing" effect. Will try to get some photos of that. Mounting is not going to be on the plastic but from the post just by the #2 tower and other side of shooter lane by the steel ramp guard (reversible). The lights could clip the "meltdown" light to flash or I might just hook to gi.
Post edited by Soapman: Rudy likes them

20140525_151452.jpg 346 KB

I love how Rudy is peeking into the Dredd....great pic!

1 week later
#424 6 years ago

Another JD fan here. Arrived last week (thanks to Martin, the best delivery man in the UK). My first pin after getting hooked on my brothers TOM and TOTAN and my dads WW.

No fade on either side or front but it was really dusty as it had been in a house that was being renovated as you can see.

IMG_4807.JPG
IMG_4813.JPG
IMG_4839.JPG

I stripped it down as soon as it arrived without even playing it so I could clean everything and replace any problem parts. Everything is fairly standard at the moment although I plan to get the metal crane and the dead world mod in the near future.

IMG_4826.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG
IMG_4871.JPG
IMG_4872.JPG
IMG_4873.JPG

I have a few questions regarding how it plays which I might post here later. Not having played a JD before I'm not sure if some of the things are meant to happen or not.

#425 6 years ago

That is a very fine example!

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Lid:

Another JD fan here. Arrived last week (thanks to Martin, the best delivery man in the UK). My first pin after getting hooked on my brothers TOM and TOTAN and my dads WW.
No fade on either side or front but it was really dusty as it had been in a house that was being renovated as you can see.

I stripped it down as soon as it arrived without even playing it so I could clean everything and replace any problem parts. Everything is fairly standard at the moment although I plan to get the metal crane and the dead world mod in the near future.

I have a few questions regarding how it plays which I might post here later. Not having played a JD before I'm not sure if some of the things are meant to happen or not.

IMG_4807.JPG 205 KB

IMG_4813.JPG 189 KB

IMG_4826.JPG 205 KB

IMG_4839.JPG 145 KB

IMG_4871.JPG 220 KB

IMG_4872.JPG 246 KB

IMG_4873.JPG 229 KB

IMG_4870.JPG 318 KB

Nice game looks like mine with no fade or anything I was beginning to wonder if there were many left without any fade definitely get the deadworld and leds

20140617_213034.jpg
#427 6 years ago

Another new JD club member here, see pic attached.shed 22.6 003.JPG

#428 6 years ago

Finally get around to posting some pics of my JD machine. The playfield is excellent but the cab decals are faded (as per normal for most). I have a set of new decals but dont have the time to get them sorted as yet. I've attached a "few" mods (target decals, crane, shooter lane led strips, deadworld mod, leds and lit star posts all round), and i've also added the flipper toppers and changed the rubbers to superbands. OH and also attached a Flipper Fidelity speaker system (awesome sound). My machine was missing the eagle (like a lot are) and the bracket as well. I just wasnt keen on the "Blingy" eagle so i went for the other, which to be honest, is more a mustard colour than gold. Making a bracket for the eagle was easy and in the process, decided to add leds for the eyes (tried most colours but settled with red in the end)

DSC00608.JPG DSC00610.JPG DSC00613.JPG DSC00612.JPG
1 week later
#429 6 years ago

Finally got the JD that I have been looking for! Ty Mike (fellow pinsider). Honeymoon rocks! Has anyone tried the Proc codes from Gerry ("Multimorphic+fastpinball.com ")? Is it worth it? Ty

2 weeks later
#430 5 years ago

After playing JD for about a month I have some questions about how things should work and thought this might be the best place to ask.

1. When kicking the ball out of the far left lane (not in air raid mode) is it meant to kick out with varying strength? Mine seems to do it randomly with about 3 different strengths of kick, it can make it up to the top right flipper, other times it goes a bit below near the advance crime scene target and other times even lower. I guess it is meant to as the strength of the kick out when in air raid mode is always consistent.

2. If you hit a slow ball up the left ramp and it ends up on the dead world when the crane picks it up does it drop it automatically or do you have to press a flipper button? When I perform the unload test from the menu it works perfectly and as far as I can see it also works when multi ball is activated but it seems to need a flipper button press if it ends up on there during normal play.

3. Does your machine ignore some of the adjustments you set? For example I thought I would set the feature adjustment A.2 04 Count to Start Mode to 2 which from my understanding would need me to hit the ramp or sniper tower twice to activate a mode instead of once but this never applies. I think there is another setting that doesn't apply but I can't think what it is.

I'm sure I had another few questions but can't think of them at the moment. If anyone else can let me know how their machine plays or how it is meant to play that would be great.

Thank you

#431 5 years ago

Q1. That's the way mine is
Q2. Mine just works, no flips needed.
Q3. All changes I've made worked. Running L7 ROM

#432 5 years ago

Mine is the same for Q1 (I often have wondered if the coil was a bit sad or the arm was catching on something but apparently it's most likely normal). For Q2, do you have the deadworld mod on your machine? (not sure it makes a difference) but mine auto unloads and i have the deadworld mod. Q3 >same as mrofnoc, all my changes stick !!

#433 5 years ago

Does anyone have a spare plastic the one above the judge drop targets below the dead world?
I am also missing the metal wire that protects the top of it?
The balls keep jumping up on top of the plastic.
Cheers

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from gapmaster:

Does anyone have a spare plastic the one above the judge drop targets below the dead world?
I am also missing the metal wire that protects the top of it?
The balls keep jumping up on top of the plastic.
Cheers

I got curious and did some checking around the more likely suspects (marcospecialties, pinballspareparts, etc) but no luck on the the wire above the drop targets. To be honest, it's something that could be reasonably easy to make, if not yourself, then wouldn't be too expensive to get made for you. I can supply pics of mine and dimensions if that helps!!
As for the plastic, no dice on that one, still looking for one myself Although mines not badly busted up it's the only plastic on my machine that's got any bit's missing.

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Q1. That's the way mine is
Q2. Mine just works, no flips needed.
Q3. All changes I've made worked. Running L7 ROM

Same for me except for question 3. I've never changed that setting so I don't know for sure that it changes and saves it but there are a couple goofy things that it never changes. The attract sounds and game restart settings don't really do anything from what I have heard.

Another question: When you are hitting up the left ramp repeatedly, my machine will divert the ball after you hit it 6 times in a row. I thought you could just spam that shot as long as you wanted and it would add 500k each time. That was the main reason I heard for why JD isn't used in the big tournaments. Is that right?

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

The attract sounds and game restart settings don't really do anything from what I have heard.

This is correct. It is a bug in all SW revisions of the game.

Quoted from ReallifePin:

That was the main reason I heard for why JD isn't used in the big tournaments. Is that right?

There are many different exploits of the left ramp possible. For example in Blackout mode, if you trap one ball on the left flipper, you can repeatedly hit the left ramp with the other ball for 2 million a shot. If you start Manhunt Millions from the left ramp, each shot to this ramp will yield 6 million a shot for 20 seconds, which can add up quickly if you are on a roll.

PAPA's comments on JD:

http://papa.org/learning-center/director-resources/directors/game-notes/#J

Quoted from Lid:

slow ball up the left ramp and it ends up on the dead world

This is another reason not to use JD in a tournament. Mode timers do not stop if you are in the middle of a mode and make this shot.

viperrwk

#438 5 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the knocker assembly (in situ) please. I knew mine wasn't working but only just got the spare time to check it out. The coil does fire in test, but the plunger only moves about quarter of an inch and thats it. It's got the correct coil for the machine, so i'm not quite sure whats going on with it. What i'm interested in (and it's probably not the real issue) is the amount of gap between the top of the knocker assembly and the knocker plate, it's like an inch or more which seems bloody excessive (hence the request for a pic). I've checked the plunger for binding but it's smooth and trouble free and all the connections seem fine, i've even re-soldered the leads, etc. Seems a bit odd all round. I get a feeling that the previous owner did some fiddling here and there

#439 5 years ago

Hey guys, is there any way to "disable" the crane in the software? Didn't see anything in the manual. Would simply disconnecting the motor power and connections do the trick if not? I'd assume the ball would just fall off the dead world in that case. Just curious to know for long term reasons in case the crane ever goes kaput.

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Hey guys, is there any way to "disable" the crane in the software? Didn't see anything in the manual. Would simply disconnecting the motor power and connections do the trick if not? I'd assume the ball would just fall off the dead world in that case. Just curious to know for long term reasons in case the crane ever goes kaput.

If you disable the crane by disconnecting it, the machine will still load a ball into the lock (deadworld), which will mean that the ball will never be extracted from the deadworld ring. It is an integral part of the game.

#441 5 years ago

If you have a production machine and you don't want the ball to go to Deadworld the best thing to do is disconnect the diverter (done by some for tournament play). When you make the third shot to start multiball, the ball will simply be returned to the right inlane and multiball will proceed as normal. If at any time you make a weak shot and the ball winds up in Deadworld, eventually the machine will perform a ball search, rotate the planet and dump the ball back to the playfield. In either case the operational state of the crane doesn't matter.

However, if you have the Deadworld mod, the crane has to work. And in either case Deadworld has to spin or you do run the risk of a ball getting stuck there.

viperrwk

#442 5 years ago

Good thinking. One option if neither the dead world or crane motors worked, disconnect the diverter and improvise a smooth way to block the deadworld entrance to prevent that scenario. Thanks for humoring my question, these are the paranoid thing I think about when contemplating a game purchase haha.

#443 5 years ago

Can someone just confirm how the Deadworld diverter should work under normal default conditions (without the Deadworld mod). Mine works during test but I have never seen it "divert" a ball during game play and assumed it was disabled in code after the original Deadworld design was replaced.

Whenever I do a weak shot into the Deadworld area my machine knows it is there and the crane and Deadworld cycle kicks in right away.

Cheers

#444 5 years ago

The diverter should divert the third ball shot through the ramp.

#446 5 years ago

I'm guessing limited availability, transport costs and legal fees warranted a 75% price increase on these.

viperrwk

#447 5 years ago

I thought 140 was a good price? I been
Offered 200 for my original?

#448 5 years ago

Gene was selling the repros for $80 before Rick bought them out.

Originals are different and more valuable if in good shape.

viperrwk

#449 5 years ago

O ok I figured there was a difference I kind of like the shine but ill keep my mint original lol

#450 5 years ago

The only other option is $200 with Mad so the $140 price made me jump.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 25.00
$ 399.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3718 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside