IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
There are 4,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 98.
#4151 2 years ago

L-1D (resized).jpgL-1D (resized).jpg

This one seems best one if you ask me....

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I am final done shopping this beast out. It was filthy when I got it but I'm happy with how it turned out. I have one molex connector to add and then I'm ready to play some games and really get everything fine tuned.
[quoted image]

Very nice!

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

[quoted image]

I agree! I'd love a PM from anyone who knows how I can get a hold of this. I have access to a chip burner.

It'll look nicer with an awesome crane mod!

#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

[quoted image]

Where did you get this? First I have heard of or seen this version.

#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Where did you get this? First I have heard of or seen this version.

It was installed when I Bought the pin. I'll check if the previous owner knows the origin or where to buy...

#4156 2 years ago

Hello: I’m looking for a bally judge dredd planet motor Assembly. PM me if you have a working motor for Sale Or you rebuild these. My gears locked up. Thanks a lot!

#4157 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Hello: I’m looking for a bally judge dredd planet motor Assembly. PM me if you have a working motor for Sale Or you rebuild these. My gears locked up. Thanks a lot!

Steve at The Pinball Resource rebuilds them. Said he usually has one ready to go if you send in a decent core.

#4158 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

It was installed when I Bought the pin. I'll check if the previous owner knows the origin or where to buy...

Someone get this person a chip reader, stat!

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Someone get this person a chip reader, stat!

Happy to share it (Rom L-1D) but don't have a chip reader so if somebody lives in Belgium...

#4160 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Happy to share it (Rom L-1D) but don't have a chip reader so if somebody lives in Belgium...

It looks like it was originally from KoP

In this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/11#post-6293784

#4161 2 years ago

Now you point it out i do remember seeing that post. It would be good if soren could look into this particular version and get it released as an official rom option. It sounds like it was worked out pretty well already so may not need any more tweaking.

#4163 2 years ago

Yeah i saw that too but nothing has come out of it as yet.

#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah i saw that too but nothing has come out of it as yet.

I really hope Judge Dredd is potential title for him. In his thread we listed many "to be improved" points.

#4165 2 years ago

Here my new JD pin.
- deadworld mod;
- pin2dmd;
- lighted cooling towers;
- lighted dredd toy;
- lighted planet lithophane with x2 rgb slow fade led by comet pinball;
- slingshot chrome gold plastic protector;
- custom vynil targets with all judges;
- full led comet pinball + spotlights;

20210928_225621.jpg20210928_225621.jpg20210928_230738.jpg20210928_230738.jpg20210928_230757.jpg20210928_230757.jpg20210928_230807.jpg20210928_230807.jpg20210928_230836.jpg20210928_230836.jpg

#4166 2 years ago

Nice touch on the Judge targets. I think this is the first I've seen anyone try that.

#4167 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

I’d toss you $20 to get a eprom programmer, If there’s few more out there willing to chip in you could get a gq-4x (~$100) I’ve seen some cheaper stuff but dunno if they’ll actually work.

#4168 2 years ago

My Dredd has developed a case of gremlins. If the coin door is shut (high power on), the shooter coil energizes as soon as the machine is turned on, and stays on until the F105 fuse blows. I thought maybe the coil was shorted against the bracket, but I took it apart and moved it away from everything and I still get the same behavior.

Also the deadworld motor and crane just run constantly even when in the test menus. If I unplug J130 from the driver board, it no longer blows the fuse, so I know it's something on that power line. I've traced the wires and don't see anything obvious that would be causing a short. I'm tempted to pull the driver board out and start testing everything on that, but not sure where to start.

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I’d toss you $20 to get a eprom programmer, If there’s few more out there willing to chip in you could get a gq-4x (~$100) I’ve seen some cheaper stuff but dunno if they’ll actually work.

If we can get them one I’d be down for $20.

#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm arranging to send rvermeire a programmer as I really want to see this mod. its going to take some time however postage from Australia to Belgium wont be quick.

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

My Dredd has developed a case of gremlins. If the coin door is shut (high power on), the shooter coil energizes as soon as the machine is turned on, and stays on until the F105 fuse blows. I thought maybe the coil was shorted against the bracket, but I took it apart and moved it away from everything and I still get the same behavior.
Also the deadworld motor and crane just run constantly even when in the test menus. If I unplug J130 from the driver board, it no longer blows the fuse, so I know it's something on that power line. I've traced the wires and don't see anything obvious that would be causing a short. I'm tempted to pull the driver board out and start testing everything on that, but not sure where to start.

i would disconnect J130 and see if the pins are being held to ground on the PCB header and on the loom plug, then you know if the problem is in the loom or the board,

if its the board then you need to have a close look at those transistors for those outputs, sometimes you can see a visual indication that the magic smoke has been let out

image_2021-10-02_123240 (resized).pngimage_2021-10-02_123240 (resized).png
#4172 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

i would disconnect J130 and see if the pins are being held to ground on the PCB header and on the loom plug, then you know if the problem is in the loom or the board,
if its the board then you need to have a close look at those transistors for those outputs, sometimes you can see a visual indication that the magic smoke has been let out[quoted image]

Looks like Q70 is the culprit. the wires on the plug all test fine, but one pin is buzzing on my meter when I connect to ground. It's the number 9 pin (violet-grey). Touching the metal tab on Q70 with meter also buzzes.

#4173 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'd be down for paying for this mod as well. I dearly hope Soren does push out an official rom, but until then....

#4174 2 years ago

I’ll throw a twenty into the mix to have a shot at that update as well…

1 week later
#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

Looks like Q70 is the culprit. the wires on the plug all test fine, but one pin is buzzing on my meter when I connect to ground. It's the number 9 pin (violet-grey). Touching the metal tab on Q70 with meter also buzzes.

Thanks for the help. Q70 replaced and everything is working as expected.

PXL_20211009_012428925 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_012428925 (resized).jpg
#4176 2 years ago

Had to post a couple more pictures of my Dredd now that my crane mod from Davi is installed.
This is an amazingly professional mod. It fits like a glove and is just gorgeous. Install was a breeze and it emulates what is on the original plastic perfectly. On top of that Davi was extremely patient with my impatience to get my crane in the post. Can’t recommend highly enough.

33826FE5-2CCD-4C7F-B695-F72CB8AC786F (resized).jpeg33826FE5-2CCD-4C7F-B695-F72CB8AC786F (resized).jpegA6C476CB-65D4-497D-8658-0D0634E567DB (resized).jpegA6C476CB-65D4-497D-8658-0D0634E567DB (resized).jpeg
#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Had to post a couple more pictures of my Dredd now that my crane mod from Davi is installed.

where did you get the clear deadworld disc?

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I made it. I’m trying out one with engraved meteors to orbit along with the locked balls but I’m not sold yet.

#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I have them available in my store or you want to just buy one. I have a clear physical lock in stock and I can make a clear virtual lock in just a couple minutes. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld

#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I made it. I’m trying out one with engraved meteors to orbit along with the locked balls but I’m not sold yet.

Cool, it looks nice in the photo!

#4181 2 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

I have them available in my store or you want to just buy one. I have a clear physical lock in stock and I can make a clear virtual lock in just a couple minutes. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld

Just looked at your store, quick question... You list "MTO" rings as an option and state that you wait to cut until order. What does MTO mean and what difference is that from the others? Also, you have orange and green photos up, but no photos of any of the other options. Just curious what everything looks like before I buy anything. I have an orange physical, but am leaning towards the green based on the photos. But would like to see the other options as well.

Thanks!

#4182 2 years ago

I’ll take a stab…

Made To Order.

#4183 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I’ll take a stab…
Made To Order.

Ah, okay... that makes sense. Thanks! The rest of the post still stands regarding photos of the various color options besides the 2 that are up. Leaning on green, but curious to see the Yellow and the difference between the Orange and Pink/Red... The video description says that it is the pink/red shown, but it looks identical to the orange ones in the photos...

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Also, you have orange and green photos up, but no photos of any of the other options. Just curious what everything looks like before I buy anything. I have an orange physical, but am leaning towards the green based on the photos. But would like to see the other options as well.

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the game to get photos of the other colors in the game. I'm wondering if some of the folks on this thread that have the orange and yellow might post a photo of it in the game... The orange looks just like the original orange found on some games except the outer ring and the cutout for the balls glow. I'll see if I can get decent photos of the different options and put them next to each other. I'll try to have a photo sometime between now and Sunday night. It'll be just a couple chunks of plastic next to each other since it'll be easier to get a photo of them close together.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

Made To Order.

Correct!

#4185 2 years ago

Just uploaded some stock photos which are a pretty good representation of what the florescent colors look like. I was going to post them here but I don't want to little this thread with them. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

Just uploaded some stock photos which are a pretty good representation of what the florescent colors look like. I was going to post them here but I don't want to little this thread with them. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld

Awesome, thank you! Order placed...

#4187 2 years ago

So with COVID and all, it took quite a while to make it to me (delivery from out of country), but I have a set of reproduction plastics for JD.
I haven't opened the box to inspect it, but I will. I've gotten plastics from this gentleman before and his work is excellent and spot-on and will have It's protective peel away coating, so it will truly be first time use.
Wanted to put this in this JD thread first, but will likely take pictures of the pieces and post it on the marketplace if I don't hear from anyone from this thread in the interim. So if interested, please feel free to send me a PM.
Thx

EDIT: plastics are up on the marketplace with pictures. Please feel free to PM me with any interest in the set. Thanks!

1 week later
#4188 2 years ago

I give up. No luck with DW mod.
I have a production machine, L1AT rom, DW ring.
All optos are working in test (okay, there was a problem in the trough, but now it is fine, shooting only 3 balls in multi, before it shots 5).

If I think right, after the five drop targets down, the ring start to turn, right? So, if I put my finger at the upper left ramp opto, the diverter should activate, to move the ball into the ring, right?
But nothing happen. Seems like the opto is out of order.
Back to test mode, working.
Is there any "secret" opto that gives errors?
Ah, by the way; test report says "switch 28 ball on magnet", which as far as I know, not relevant.

#4189 2 years ago

So if Opto 28 is not working (should be at the very left where the crane drops the ball) then the game thinks there is a magentized ball stuck on the crane and of course won't direct any other balls to the DW.. Fix that opto, check that all of the optos sitting well and don't wiggle (receiver and sender side) and you should be good.

#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from denzo:

I give up. No luck with DW mod.
I have a production machine, L1AT rom, DW ring.
All optos are working in test (okay, there was a problem in the trough, but now it is fine, shooting only 3 balls in multi, before it shots 5).
If I think right, after the five drop targets down, the ring start to turn, right? So, if I put my finger at the upper left ramp opto, the diverter should activate, to move the ball into the ring, right?
But nothing happen. Seems like the opto is out of order.
Back to test mode, working.
Is there any "secret" opto that gives errors?
Ah, by the way; test report says "switch 28 ball on magnet", which as far as I know, not relevant.

That's an unusual switch error on a normal production machine.
In switch test, if you test the left ramp entry switch, what switch name/number is displayed on the DMD?
Does the diverter work in coil test?

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

That's an unusual switch error on a normal production machine.
In switch test, if you test the left ramp entry switch, what switch name/number is displayed on the DMD?
Does the diverter work in coil test?

Switch 67
As you see on my photos, it says "not used". But switch 32 is the left ramp enter.
Which switch is not exists on my machine...
The diverter is working fine.
So, it seems that the software is "not compatible" with my machine.
The switch 32/67 dilemma...
The software is waiting to switch 32 to activate the diverter but there is no switch 32, instead there is 67. Which is activate the diverter in later roms. Catch 22.
IMG_20211029_170511 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_170511 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211029_170539 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_170539 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211029_170733 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_170733 (resized).jpg

#4192 2 years ago
Quoted from denzo:

Switch 67
As you see on my photos, it says "not used". But switch 32 is the left ramp enter.
Which switch is not exists on my machine...
The diverter is working fine.
So, it seems that the software is "not compatible" with my machine.
The switch 32/67 dilemma...
The software is waiting to switch 32 to activate the diverter but there is no switch 32, instead there is 67. Which is activate the diverter in later roms. Catch 22.

“Not used” is just text, it doen’t matter. It looks you might have L1 and not L1AT.

#4193 2 years ago

What text displayed at the boot on a L1At rom machine?
Mine is L1. I thought there is no difference in the text L1 and L1AT.

#4194 2 years ago

L1AT boot up

PXL_20211029_203713334 (resized).jpgPXL_20211029_203713334 (resized).jpg
#4195 2 years ago

Thanks guys.
Now everything cleared.
I got the wrong rom, even it is ordered and labeled L1AT.

#4196 2 years ago

Anyone have a great lakes opto board that they can tell me what size capacitor it has?

I've already replaced it, but I'd like to repair the old one. I hate throwing stuff out that's repairable.

PXL_20211029_220108721 (resized).jpgPXL_20211029_220108721 (resized).jpg
#4197 2 years ago
Quoted from denzo:

Thanks guys.
Now everything cleared.
I got the wrong rom, even it is ordered and labeled L1AT.

There is just one catch; on some non-US country settings, L1AT will display "L-1" when booting......

#4198 2 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

There is just one catch; on some non-US country settings, L1AT will display "L-1" when booting......

Oh noo... Daaamn...
In this case, how to go on?
Totally lost.

#4199 2 years ago
Quoted from denzo:

Oh noo... Daaamn...
In this case, how to go on?
Totally lost.

L1AT is always on free play, even if adjustment A3 17 (Free play? Y/N) is set to "No". So you can check that.

Of course you can also set the dipswitches on the cpu (W14 - W18) to "on". These are the settings for the USA and the correct rom version will then be displayed at boot time. This however will trigger a factory reset, so your settings and highscores will be gone.

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

L1AT is always on free play, even if adjustment A3 17 (Free play? Y/N) is set to "No". So you can check that.
Of course you can also set the dipswitches on the cpu (W14 - W18) to "on". These are the settings for the USA and the correct rom version will then be displayed at boot time. This however will trigger a factory reset, so your settings and highscores will be gone.

If I set it to "no", it wont let me to play (yu wanna play? Yu gotta pay!)....
So...

Does it matter if I put it to US region?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/84?hl=trolldownstairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.