IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 98.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sounds like a flipper opto board problem to me.

I should have just added it to my cart. Damn...

#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sounds like a flipper opto board problem to me.

Just ordered. Thanks Brother!

#4053 2 years ago

Last time I had double flipping on my fish tales it was merely loose wires from the coil itself just barely crossing. Hard to spot, but I separated those wires and no issue for a while. The double flipping Came back, I looked and the wires were touching again. Replaced coil...never had issue since.

#4054 2 years ago

Dear Dredd Owners!

I have some questions about this game, because I found some weird things about my machine that I have just bought now.
First of all, the DMD has been replaced to color one, it is nice. But. Is it a normal solution to connect the dmd board with the display via this bandcable solution? Because I have to correct the connection many times, to see the dmd normal (otherwise there are wrong lines, colors etc). (see pic 1)

The other one is the flipper button switch. As you see, the left side is different to the right side. There is a metal plate that has a resistance, so pushing the button is more stable, than the other one.

The third weird thing is a cable and a connector, see pic 3. As you see, no connections in there...

Otherwise, the machine working fine (except some bad bulbs).

IMG_20210613_154902 (resized).jpgIMG_20210613_154902 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210620_142129 (resized).jpgIMG_20210620_142129 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210620_145735 (resized).jpgIMG_20210620_145735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210620_145709 (resized).jpgIMG_20210620_145709 (resized).jpg

#4055 2 years ago

Everything is normal except for that ribbon cable on your dmd, that looks hokey. There is some spring metal you can put to give more resistance to the right flipper button.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-14348.1

#4056 2 years ago

Ah, okay, thanks.
Is there a proper ribbon cable to replace this "solution"? Can I change it to a simple 16pin cable?
For example this one:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/electronics-parts/cable/10649/ribbon-cable-16pin-16cm-6.25-2-connector?c=2192
(I am in the EU, so a european shop is preferable)

And the two cutted wire on the last pic? A machine released in this way?

#4057 2 years ago

Oh i thought it was the plug that was pictured, blue orange wire should be for right ramp flasher according to the manual.
I’d see if pirategames.hu can recommend a ribbon cable.

#4058 2 years ago

Supergame not started. The button is flashing fine, but nothing happen when I press it. Is there a special setting to work it or something wrong?

#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from denzo:

Supergame not started. The button is flashing fine, but nothing happen when I press it. Is there a special setting to work it or something wrong?

As a starting point it would be worth checking the switch in the switch test to see if the switch is operating.

#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

So... my Dredd has started acting up. The right flipper is double flipping and not staying up to cradle the ball. I cleaned everything, checked for broken wires, resoldered the coil wires and it still hasn't resolved. Just ordered a new fliptronics board from Pinball Life to see if that fixes the problem. Am I missing anything? If the new board doesn't work it might be time to call in a professional.

Well, it wasnt the fliptronics board. Waiting on the opto board, and last I guess Its a coil replacement.

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

Well, it wasnt the fliptronics board. Waiting on the opto board, and last I guess Its a coil replacement.

I had the exact issue you described in the upper left flipper. It ended up being the coil. I replaced the coil and rebuilt the flipper and it has worked great since.

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I had the exact issue you described in the upper left flipper. It ended up being the coil. I replaced the coil and rebuilt the flipper and it has worked great since.

Coils are ordered. Hopefully it works for me!

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

Replaced the coil and double flipping problem resolved! Wish I had just done this first. Thanks everyone!

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

As a starting point it would be worth checking the switch in the switch test to see if the switch is operating.

Baah... So bagatell was the problem... Only the microswitch moved out from its position. (Probably during the transportation process)

But. I have just recognized that sometimes the ball kicker shooting is weak. The ball is reach the playfield but not as fast and strong as it should be.
Could it be a dying coil? Or a bad soldering on the coil?

Added over 3 years ago:

Also, an other question:

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/judge-dredd-cpu-game-rom-with-planet-lock.html

I want the Deadworld mod.
But this item says it will not work on all machines. How can I know that it will be work on mine?

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from denzo: Added today: Also, an other question:
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/judge-dredd-cpu-game-rom-with-planet-lock.html
I want the Deadworld mod.
But this item says it will not work on all machines. How can I know that it will be work on mine?

The text on that site is a bit confusing.
The game rom is called L1AT, which means that it's the correct rom for the deadworld mod.
But it also says that this rom only works on early production games, which means that it is the L-1 rom, which will NOT work with the deadworld mod.
I would send them an e-mail.

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

The text on that site is a bit confusing.
The game rom is called L1AT, which means that it's the correct rom for the deadworld mod.
But it also says that this rom only works on early production games, which means that it is the L-1 rom, which will NOT work with the deadworld mod.
I would send them an e-mail.

There are a lot of people using L1AT with the Deadworld mod. The L1AT code is early code. The Deadworld Physical lock option was removed with later code revisions. Looking through the code revision details there are a few minor fixes with the later releases.

#4067 2 years ago

Hey guys , do you know where to download the L1AT file ? it seems that ipdb provide only L1
thanks

2 weeks later
#4068 2 years ago

Dear JD Deadworld Mod users,

I have just a quick question;
I got the L1AT rom. To use that mod, is it enough to replace that rom chip? Nothing any special setting, jumpers change etcetc?
(okay, I know the Deadworld ring, at the moment I dont have the modded ring but I will DIY change the opened ring somehow until I get the nice hole-cutted ring)

1 week later
#4069 2 years ago

denzo replace the ROM, replace the ring, and you are good to go!

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from flipkidflip:

denzo replace the ROM, replace the ring, and you are good to go!

Thanks!

1 week later
#4071 2 years ago

I wanted to switch it up a bit. I did blue flipper rubbers and yellow post sleeves, but kept all other rubber rings black. Loving how it looks. Makes the post sleeves stand out in a good way I think.

20210802_120506 (resized).jpg20210802_120506 (resized).jpg
#4072 2 years ago

Does anyone need the heavy metal L bracket that holds the topper on JD? I have an extra used one that I can mail to you for $10 (basically what it will cost to ship to most spots in the ConUS).

#4073 2 years ago

My jd has recently started to fail in keeping count on the number of balls in the game. Sometimes an extra ball shows up and sometimes it switches over from super game to normal game when there is two balls still on the playfield. My first thing to do will be to clean the optos in the ball through. Could it be another issue? Read somewhere that the ball through on JD is problematic and prone to failure

#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from Preacher:

My jd has recently started to fail in keeping count on the number of balls in the game. Sometimes an extra ball shows up and sometimes it switches over from super game to normal game when there is two balls still on the playfield. My first thing to do will be to clean the optos in the ball through. Could it be another issue? Read somewhere that the ball through on JD is problematic and prone to failure

Before you clean them, I'd suggest using the diagnostics and seeing if the ball trough is recognizing them balls correctly. This way you know something was wrong before changing anything. However, just cleaning the optos isn't a bad approach.

JD is know for balls getting stuck in the ball trough (aka, not rolling all the way down). Look for divots in the trough. You can try to file them out, if you see them. There was also a plastic liner you could put down there.

I'd also verify your pinballs aren't magnetized. That will cause grief.

Are you running the deadworld rom? If so, the optos related to deadworld can cause weird behavior.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

There was also a plastic liner you could put down there.

Definitely try a plastic trough liner. I had similar issues with my judge dredd when I first got it. Sometimes two balls would get kicked out at once for a regular game, or the machine would report a missing ball. Once I put in the plastic liner the issues completely went away. They're pretty cheap and easy to install...you just slide them into the ball trough from under the playfeild. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#4076 2 years ago

Might also just be the plugs at the trough boards. Had similar issues with mine and one of them had come a little loose.

#4077 2 years ago

Having a similar problem on my JD with the Deadworld mod. First time through locking the balls on the planet all works well. Second time through it loses track of the balls. Does this EVERY time in gameplay and testing. All switches in trough are activating properly. I have the plastic sleeve installed. The opto up by the planet eject is functioning properly. Anybody else have this? Wondering if it could be a software issue and needs a newly burned ROM maybe? My buddy and I are both stumped.

Tks

#4078 2 years ago

thanks for the tips guys! ordered a plastic though liner. results pending!

#4079 2 years ago

Just picked up this game. Mine came without a topper and I’m going to be ordering soon. My only question is, what type of hardware do I need to connect the eagle to the bracket and the bracket to the backbox? Thanks

#4080 2 years ago

If you can't get the original bracket, just buy a flat aluminium bar at the hardware store and bend/drill/cut 2 angle brackets yourself. The backbox does have mounting holes in it, use bolts, washers and locknuts to tighten them. Use smallish self-tapping screws to fixate the eagle to the brackets, but be very careful when tightening these, the mounting pegs are not sturdy at all..

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Just picked up this game. Mine came without a topper and I’m going to be ordering soon. My only question is, what type of hardware do I need to connect the eagle to the bracket and the bracket to the backbox? Thanks

Eagle to the bracket:
4106-01115-12 (4) sheet metal screw #6 x 3/4 pl-hwh
4700-00023-00 (4) washer .203 x .625 x .059

Bracket to the backbox:
4700-00033-00 (3) washer .265 x .750 x .067
4320-01123-24B (3) carriage bolt 1/4-20 x 1-1/2 inch
4420-01141-00 (3) flange nut 1/4-20

#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I know I am in another country although I used this make a bracket strip.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/carinya-20-x-600-x-1mm-flat-make-a-bracket_p3975874

#4083 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I documented my simple approach on my site (and I think I posted it here years ago). Check out

https://www.aaarpinball.com/JudgeDredd/JD.htm

About 1/2 way through.

#4084 2 years ago

Hi All,
I'm nearing the end of my Judge Dredd restoration and while servicing the deadworld motor I found that the big cog that normally comes free of the shaft has some damaged teeth.
Is PBresource the only option to get a replacement cog (if they'll sell one individually) or can you buy them elsewhere? I'm in Australia so unfortunately buying from them isn't the easiest process.
Thanks,
Andy

20210816_100326 (resized).jpg20210816_100326 (resized).jpg20210816_100336 (resized).jpg20210816_100336 (resized).jpg
#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

Having a similar problem on my JD with the Deadworld mod. First time through locking the balls on the planet all works well. Second time through it loses track of the balls. Does this EVERY time in gameplay and testing. All switches in trough are activating properly. I have the plastic sleeve installed. The opto up by the planet eject is functioning properly. Anybody else have this? Wondering if it could be a software issue and needs a newly burned ROM maybe? My buddy and I are both stumped.
Tks

Magnetized balls for the win! Had the plastic sleeve already installed so assumed it wouldn't make a difference. Apparently it did. I replaced the balls and it's working the way it should. Thanks for the help

#4086 2 years ago

I am having an issue with my crane. The crane doesn’t move the ball over far enough to trigger the exit opto and it looses track of the ball. The crane has full movement when in test mode but when it picks up the ball it loses some of its movement. Game doesn’t have any errors when booting up the game and all optos register in test mode. I am new to diagnosing issues so I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The pic shows the spot the ball is dropped just short of the opto.

10B168BF-5D99-4090-98A9-B23F5E65A165 (resized).jpeg10B168BF-5D99-4090-98A9-B23F5E65A165 (resized).jpeg
#4087 2 years ago

I’m also curious, what color is the planet originally and is there a place to get different colors of it? Mine is red but I’ve seen a few different colors and don’t see anywhere to get any.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I’m also curious, what color is the planet originally and is there a place to get different colors of it? Mine is red but I’ve seen a few different colors and don’t see anywhere to get any.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld

#4089 2 years ago

Thanks for the post!

Quoted from Jmckune:

We can make them pretty much any color you want but the normally stocked ones (including Made To Order) are the popular ones. No orders on Florescent Yellow yet but I just got the acrylic in and it's now made to order (quicker and cheaper) rather than preorder. The clear is way more popular than I ever imagined it would be. The other colors seem to be an even mix.

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

We can make them pretty much any color you want but the normally stocked ones (including Made To Order) are the popular ones. No orders on Florescent Yellow yet but I just got the acrylic in and it's now made to order (quicker and cheaper) rather than preorder. The clear is way more popular than I ever imagined it would be. The other colors seem to be an even mix.

If i read the post correctly i'm pretty sure he was referring to the planet colour not the ball lock ring. I've only seen the one colour of those and it's like a smoked clear which you can alter the look of by adding different coloured leds inside. Mine is purple

#4091 2 years ago

I was but now that I see deadworld mod still achievable I’m probably gonna buy one! I see now that my globe is also the smoked clear. I assume red is just the most common choice of led because of the plastic base plate inside the planet. Nice to know it can be whatever color I feel like!

#4092 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If i read the post correctly i'm pretty sure he was referring to the planet colour not the ball lock ring. I've only seen the one colour of those and it's like a smoked clear which you can alter the look of by adding different coloured leds inside. Mine is purple

I missed that! You are right. This one is green... Usually Red!

#4093 2 years ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone who owns the prototype version of Dredd has replaced the right ramp before with a replacement ramp. The optos and the holes for the optos for the original prototype ramp are further down the ramp closer to the entrance of the ramp and the normal production game has the holes and optos further up. Is it possible to replace? I have a new old stock replacement ramp that I was hoping to use.

Thanks!

#4094 2 years ago

What’s a prototype look like?

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What’s a prototype look like?

The differences that I know of are my boards are red, the sticker on the scoop says pick a part instead of subway entrance, the sniper tower plastic has a guy holding a gun and not just cross hairs, there are no cut outs on the top of the back box for the talons for the eagle topper and the placement of the optos for the right ramp are in a different spot.

Check out the picture - you can see the optos are in a different spot, hoping someone has replaced a right ramp for a prototype as mine is currently held together by tape.

dredd ramp opto (resized).jpgdredd ramp opto (resized).jpg
#4096 2 years ago

But it has the eagle? You just can’t fold it down without hitting the feet? Does it look like there was any way to get to the subway stuff under the deadworld? My ramp has metal protectors around your entrance optos.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

But it has the eagle? You just can’t fold it down without hitting the feet? Does it look like there was any way to get to the subway stuff under the deadworld? My ramp has metal protectors around your entrance optos.
[quoted image]

Yeah I have a topper on mine when you lift the playfeild up it just hits the feet. I believe I can get at the subway stuff under deadworld, I would just have to take the rings off.

#4098 2 years ago

I’m just curious, it seems like they planned to drop balls in there at some point to do all that subway plastic.

#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:Hi I was wondering if anyone who owns the prototype version of Dredd has replaced the right ramp before with a replacement ramp. The optos and the holes for the optos for the original prototype ramp are further down the ramp closer to the entrance of the ramp and the normal production game has the holes and optos further up. Is it possible to replace? I have a new old stock replacement ramp that I was hoping to use.
Thanks!

Saturday bump

#4100 2 years ago

I mean worst case scenario just add wire onto the existing wires so they reach the new location. I don’t see why that wouldn’t work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/82?hl=riefepeters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.