IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 97.
#3901 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Loving my Dredd, but one part of the playfield that always bothered me was the mechanics of the Deadworld always staring you in the face, not very pretty (left orbit shot, right where the balls are picked up/magnetized). Can anyone point me in the direction of a cool MOD to place in front of those mechanics? I thought a MEGACITY ONE sign would be amazing right there. Anyone have something else blocking that stuff? Thanks![quoted image]

Got those deadworld drop optos moved out far enough? LOL

#3902 3 years ago

Anyone got a used Air Raid ramp for sale?

Also: apart from new decals, what could I do to make this look better and prevent more damage?
Is it a good idea to get small metal leg protectors and put plastic ones over them?
20201231_103415 (resized).jpg20201231_103415 (resized).jpg

#3903 3 years ago

I just got a my upgrade earlier then expected and my Run DMD came in as well. Great way to start the new year off.

690396DD-B673-48D3-9E76-8F1AA51ED079 (resized).jpeg690396DD-B673-48D3-9E76-8F1AA51ED079 (resized).jpeg9B3A475D-3A9F-4B07-8ABB-0DD96B0F8AF6 (resized).jpeg9B3A475D-3A9F-4B07-8ABB-0DD96B0F8AF6 (resized).jpeg
#3904 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Anyone got a used Air Raid ramp for sale?
Also: apart from new decals, what could I do to make this look better and prevent more damage?
Is it a good idea to get small metal leg protectors and put plastic ones over them?
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that’s a silk screened cabinet so all you really need is the PinGuard protectors with properly tightened leg bolts.

#3905 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Pretty sure that’s a silk screened cabinet so all you really need is the PinGuard protectors with properly tightened leg bolts.

If anything it’s the white vinyl coated plywood cabinet that is silk screened. But not direct to wood. Nonetheless it’s peeled up and faded so should be addressed.

#3906 3 years ago

Calling all Dredd with Pinsound owners! I'm looking for beta testers for my next Cap'n Mix utilizing Dredd. As of right now the mix is near complete - I need feedback from people who are use to either the original or another mix that is available. I just need to make sure there isn't any anomalies and make sure that Dredd fans will sign off on it as "good to go". Please PM me if you are willing to help. Thanks.

1 week later
#3907 3 years ago

Changed all incandescent bulbs to leds, but I've got ghosting on a few.
Most noticeable at the crime scenes, so leds are on while they shouldn't be.
I've read something about a rom patch but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
My game is running L5, would updating it to L7 make the ghosting less? (No right? )

Or do I need a led ocd board?

#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Changed all incandescent bulbs to leds, but I've got ghosting on a few.
Most noticeable at the crime scenes, so leds are on while they shouldn't be.
I've read something about a rom patch but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
My game is running L5, would updating it to L7 make the ghosting less? (No right? )
Or do I need a led ocd board?

The rom patch helps, but led ocd is the only absolute fix.

#3909 3 years ago

LED OCD and GI OCD work wonders on Dredd.

#3910 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The rom patch helps, but led ocd is the only absolute fix.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thank you both for the advice
Shame they're not available in Europe though..
Would like to try the patch first before ordering something in the USA haha. (Anyone know where I can get it?)

#3911 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Thank you both for the advice
Shame they're not available in Europe though..
Would like to try the patch first before ordering something in the USA haha. (Anyone know where I can get it?)

Talk to Marco at pinballcenter in Germany. https://www.pinball.center/en/

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Talk to Marco at pinballcenter in Germany. https://www.pinball.center/en/

Thanks, I will.
Bought my Dredd leds there so he knows me haha

#3913 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just installed both on mine yesterday. I have the ocd boards on multiple games. Agreed it is a subtle but great addition and I love having the GI fade back.

#3914 3 years ago

SOLVED: It was a diode wired incorrectly

Okay my problem is not that they're ghosting, but bulbs are just turning on together!
When I do a single lamp test, lets say "Lock 1", the mode start insert goes on too. No shorts in the wiring or on the board, so guess it would be a diode somewhere? It is multiple lamps that do this, but only 2 are on almost all the time: mystery and meltdown.

Also put the patched rom in, which does not change anything. Something else is going on here..

#3915 3 years ago

New issue with my Dredd. Upper opto (right ramp exit) registers when the ball is being kicked up by the sniper tower. I tried to wiggle the wires but it didn't register, pretty sure wiring is okay. I did wiggle the opto's themselves and that made it register.

I don't know what to do.. I have cleaned the o
20210121_140256 (resized).jpg20210121_140256 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3916 3 years ago

Just ordered from planetary pinball. I hope they can resolve this issue. I'm shocked it came like this given the packaging.

20210201_111520 (resized).jpg20210201_111520 (resized).jpg
#3917 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Just ordered from planetary pinball. I hope they can resolve this issue. I'm shocked it came like this given the packaging.
[quoted image]

Good news is I got a response and they're going to replace this one.

#3918 3 years ago

Working on custom decals...

2FEF1A66-49CC-4B33-B726-142CB5D15F21 (resized).jpeg2FEF1A66-49CC-4B33-B726-142CB5D15F21 (resized).jpeg
#3919 3 years ago

So apparently Great Lakes Modular is not answering emails? Or not sure what is going on there, but I am pretty sure I have a bad Receiver Trough board and was looking to buy one but they are not responding and all the usual suspects-parts suppliers are out(last I looked). Anyone ever repaired one before? It seems most of the parts look available like the IC chips, diodes, etc.

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

So apparently Great Lakes Modular is not answering emails? Or not sure what is going on there, but I am pretty sure I have a bad Receiver Trough board and was looking to buy one but they are not responding and all the usual suspects-parts suppliers are out(last I looked). Anyone ever repaired one before? It seems most of the parts look available like the IC chips, diodes, etc.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-lakes-modular-still-in-business

#3921 3 years ago

I must have been under a rock....well that sucks! Any other source for the trough opto boards?

#3922 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

I must have been under a rock....well that sucks! Any other source for the trough opto boards?

I bought mine from Pinball Life this past December.

https://www.pinballlife.com/7-opto-trough-board-set-for-williamsbally-widebody-pinball-machines.html

#3923 3 years ago

Perfect, thanks!

1 week later
#3925 3 years ago

Can someone scan this plastic or take a really quality picture of it? Much appreciated

79D220EF-2685-40D0-BF47-61372F9E5CEB (resized).jpeg79D220EF-2685-40D0-BF47-61372F9E5CEB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3927 3 years ago

For those that haven't seen it yet, a new mirrored backglass is now available for JD. I haven't gotten this one (yet) but bought their mirrored Scared Stiff backglass a while back and it was a HUGE upgrade over the stock translight.

This JD backglass will find a home in my machine in the near future too.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/judgedredd/

#3928 3 years ago

Bringing a JD back from the dead. I got a couple of issues and its been a few years since working on a WPC.....

Lower half of the back box lights are out -

No playfield coils work, but flips do -

Any help where to look first would be appreciated.

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Bringing a JD back from the dead. I got a couple of issues and its been a few years since working on a WPC.....
Lower half of the back box lights are out -
No playfield coils work, but flips do -
Any help where to look first would be appreciated.

Backbox lights probably a crispy connector on the driver board for general illumination. Did you go over all the fuses in the backbox?

#3930 3 years ago

Inspected the connectors and they all look OK but that doesn't mean theres a cracked joint at the pins on the back. I'll pull the board this weekend and look. All the fuses look ok but I will pull them too and check them out and report back.

#3931 3 years ago

H!

I wrote a question in a new thread but got very little response. So I’m bluntly posting it again here, hoping that the other post just drown .
I should of course post it here from the start.

Hi!
When I position the playfield against the backbox it rests directly against the Caution, Emergency Vehicle Exit plastics. Its looks like there is just a matter of time until it snaps. Is it supposed to do that?
The plastic itself looks weird. Its positioned much higher up then the left counterpart (missile launch) which sits snug againts the playfield. The right Vehicle exit is elevated on longer screws for some reason. Anyone knows why? this elevated position is what cause it to rest on the backbox when the playfield is upright.
Anyone who has a solution for this? Im at a point when I am prone to remove the plastics everytime I lift the playfield.
/J

#3932 3 years ago

Can you post a picture of yours? I don't have my JD at home right now as its out for restoration, but I don't recall it sitting THAT much higher than the other side. I could be wrong. But pictures might help a little. I do know that when I rested my playfield up, it would hit the plastics, but I thought it rested on both sides, not just one. Again, its been a while, but pictures could help jog my memory. Plus others can chime in and see if they see something different about how your plastic is mounted.

#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from Preacher:

H!
I wrote a question in a new thread but got very little response. So I’m bluntly posting it again here, hoping that the other post just drown .
Hi!
When I position the playfield against the backbox it rests directly against the Caution, Emergency Vehicle Exit plastics. Its looks like there is just a matter of time until it snaps. Is it supposed to do that?
The plastic itself looks weird. Its positioned much higher up then the left counterpart (missile launch) which sits snug againts the playfield. The right Vehicle exit is elevated on longer screws for some reason. Anyone knows why? this elevated position is what cause it to rest on the backbox when the playfield is upright.
Anyone who has a solution for this? Im at a point when I am prone to remove the plastics everytime I lift the playfield.
/J

Preacher that is exactly the way my machine has been since day one. Yes just be careful when you lift the playfeild up and very slowly , carefully let it come to rest on the head. The plastic will bend a bit from the weight but after owning this machine for nearly 27 years , I have never broken that plastic

#3934 3 years ago

I’ll try

Edit: yup, it worked. First pic is from the left side, second from the right (the elevated) side.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Can you post a picture of yours? I don't have my JD at home right now as its out for restoration, but I don't recall it sitting THAT much higher than the other side. I could be wrong. But pictures might help a little. I do know that when I rested my playfield up, it would hit the plastics, but I thought it rested on both sides, not just one. Again, its been a while, but pictures could help jog my memory. Plus others can chime in and see if they see something different about how your plastic is mounted.

1D6FE8E9-AF15-42C1-86AC-676DB14233E0 (resized).jpeg1D6FE8E9-AF15-42C1-86AC-676DB14233E0 (resized).jpeg9C2CBAD8-BF02-4C5F-BBF4-45ACBE8BB0C3 (resized).jpeg9C2CBAD8-BF02-4C5F-BBF4-45ACBE8BB0C3 (resized).jpeg

#3935 3 years ago

Ok, sounds promising, still scary though.

Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Preacher that is exactly the way my machine has been since day one. Yes just be careful when you lift the playfeild up and very slowly , carefully let it come to rest on the head. The plastic will bend a bit from the weight but after owning this machine for nearly 27 years , I have never broken that plastic

#3936 3 years ago

Try putting your plastic like this

A03B36EB-92E8-406B-A1CF-EA9EAF2A3142 (resized).jpegA03B36EB-92E8-406B-A1CF-EA9EAF2A3142 (resized).jpeg
#3937 3 years ago
Quoted from Preacher:

H!
Hi!
/J

I have the exact same issue. I'm going to follow advice from PinRob.

#3938 3 years ago

Again, I have not had my JD around for over a year, but my recollection is that my plastic sits flat like PinRob's. And that is not something that I did myself, I bought my game (used) that way. This is why I was confused but I guess mine had been modified.

#3939 3 years ago

Mine isn’t sitting flat it’s been bent down to go under the edge of the apron. When I lift the playfield I go slow when coming in contact with the backbox - the bottom of the plastic and backbox do touch

#3940 3 years ago

I've had 6 separate requests to do some more of the 3D flipper topper sets although i have mentioned a few times that i was done with making them and wanted to move onto other projects (which i did with some Getaway, Bride and Iron Maiden toppers) If there is anyone else interested in these sets then please message me. If i get to 10 or so requests then i will do some more, otherwise it's not really worth just doing a small batch.
Cheers guys!
Miss playing my JD, it's still in bits awaiting time to do the restore Hopefully mid this year i'll get back to it.

#3941 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Try putting your plastic like this
[quoted image]

sweet! so yo just shortened the screws?

#3942 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've had 6 separate requests to do some more of the 3D flipper topper sets although i have mentioned a few times that i was done with making them and wanted to move onto other projects (which i did with some Getaway, Bride and Iron Maiden toppers) If there is anyone else interested in these sets then please message me. If i get to 10 or so requests then i will do some more, otherwise it's not really worth just doing a small batch.
Cheers guys!
Miss playing my JD, it's still in bits awaiting time to do the restore Hopefully mid this year i'll get back to it.

Could you link to your work? looks intreresting.

/J

#3943 3 years ago
Quoted from Preacher:

Could you link to your work? looks intreresting.

A pic of some of the last batch i did. Please note, the originals were NOT of my creation. As mentioned in the thread, many pages back now, i only recreated some due to repeated demands from a friend who i eventually gave in too Several batches later i did call it quits on these as i wanted to focus on my own designs but i still get people asking about them.

97102532_2436819053087041_5552708465308205056_o (resized).jpg97102532_2436819053087041_5552708465308205056_o (resized).jpg
#3944 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

A pic of some of the last batch i did. Please note, the originals were NOT of my creation. As mentioned in the thread, many pages back now, i only recreated some due to repeated demands from a friend who i eventually gave in too Several batches later i did call it quits on these as i wanted to focus on my own designs but i still get people asking about them.
[quoted image]

nice!
price?

#3945 3 years ago

If i do another batch then it will be the same price as last time. Through Ebay for $60 AUD + postage (usually about $25 to Europe, $20 to USA) outside of Ebay then $50 AUD + the postage. Might seem expensive but there's quite a bit of work involved > casting them from a mold with 2 part liquid plastic, cleaning up the molds and then hand painting them.

#3946 3 years ago

Those flipper covers are awesome. Very good job. I just had my Judge Dredd fixed (minor issues) and I truly think it is one of the best pins ever made. Maybe now that it is working well *knock on wood*, I'm living out my second honeymoon. It really is a monster of a pin, though. I'll admit that I am not as savvy about pins as many of you are, but it really has everything (apart from jets). The artwork is second to none, music is amazing, animations are hilarious and detailed, and it has so many satisfying shots (looking at you meltdown). I guess I'm really suprised to see so many for sale on pinside right now. I suppose people sell for many reasons, but only buy for a few. Given the theme and speed of the game, it is maybe not for everyone, but I can tell you that it is hard to pry my 76 year old mother's hands off of the machine once she gets started. Anyway, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but I thought I'd do a little gushing before I go back to play a some more games. Hypnotic.

#3947 3 years ago

Hi guys, need your help. I sucessfuly fixed the deadworld motor. i had to fix a gear inside. My only problem now ( or not ) is one of the outside small gear. It's suppose to be up the other one to grab another gear but it move and can go down easily. is that normal ? do i miss a part or the gear is broken too ? thanks in advance

IMG_1535 (resized).jpgIMG_1535 (resized).jpgIMG_1536 (resized).jpgIMG_1536 (resized).jpgIMG_1537 (resized).jpgIMG_1537 (resized).jpg
#3948 3 years ago

How do you attach the crane?

Joined the club last weekend and have been having lots of fun changing out rubbers, throwing in LEDs, the regular shop job stuff. Unfortuantely, as I put the playfield down to test things out I found the crane had fallen off. As I have never taken it off, I have no idea how to put it on, or even if it is missing parts. It was working just fine this morning when I played, I am merely trying to put it back together. I have looked at the manual and there is no reference on how to attach the crane. In any case, all help greatly appreciated.

20210307_175233 (resized).jpg20210307_175233 (resized).jpg20210307_175852 (1) (resized).jpg20210307_175852 (1) (resized).jpg
#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How do you attach the crane?
Joined the club last weekend and have been having lots of fun changing out rubbers, throwing in LEDs, the regular shop job stuff. Unfortuantely, as I put the playfield down to test things out I found the crane had fallen off. As I have never taken it off, I have no idea how to put it on, or even if it is missing parts. It was working just fine this morning when I played, I am merely trying to put it back together. I have looked at the manual and there is no reference on how to attach the crane. In any case, all help greatly appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There should be a set screw to hold the crane onto the rod

Inkede912cef417fbb9a08d41e35fdfb7eea5aff6977b_LI (resized).jpgInkede912cef417fbb9a08d41e35fdfb7eea5aff6977b_LI (resized).jpg

#3950 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

There should be a set screw to hold the crane onto the rod
[quoted image]

And also, it looks like the rear rod (there the crane should also have attached) is bent. This is very common (the crane caught on the frame when lowering the play field.) I accidently bent mine twice. . There is an easy solution though. Check out this link:

https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/judge-dredd

It’s awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/79?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.