IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 97.
#3751 3 years ago

Put comet 2smd sunlight's, clear dome, in the g.i. and sunlight spots on the slings, much improved

IMG20200822180900 (resized).jpgIMG20200822180900 (resized).jpgIMG20200822180916 (resized).jpgIMG20200822180916 (resized).jpg
#3752 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Put comet 2smd sunlight's, clear dome, in the g.i. and sunlight spots on the slings, much improved
[quoted image][quoted image]

I immediately change out clear dome GI LEDs that I can see when I get a pin.

#3753 3 years ago

JD is alot of game for 3k. ordered new topper for mine, new 7 opto boards for through,davi crane mod, might go with mirror blades and then a color dmd. then the lit nuclear cooling towers after i pay my kids college tuition.
i think these are gonna become more desired and reach 4 k.

1 week later
#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

So I looked at the planet and deadworld assembly, took it apart, and put back together again. I think the issue is the planet comes in contact with the inner ring of the deadworld upper ring. It spun properly for a turn or two and then it got stuck against that ring. Looking at the manual diagrams, I think my planet is set up too high. I think I need to turn the nuts and lower it so that it does not come in contact with the deadworld plastic at the axis. Will try it tomorrow night.

Was finally able to fix this. Removed the planet ring assemblies, opened the planet and loosened everything on the inside. Lowered the planet altogether to eliminate the rubbing, and it seems the issue was a loose washer and nut. Tightened it, put everything back together, and it works like a charm now! Beautiful sight watching the planet and the rings spinning in opposite directions!

#3755 3 years ago

Hi, does someone has the backboard decal scanned or a really good picture of it? I want to make inside blades with that and I can send printable versions for free.
Thanks

Ps: hope not breaking any rules

#3756 3 years ago

Pinstein's translight

IMG_20200905_090255566 (resized).jpgIMG_20200905_090255566 (resized).jpg
#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Pinstein's translight
[quoted image]

Interactive with the back box flashers like the original translite is? Probably not.

#3758 3 years ago

new speaker panel

IMG_20200909_170338836 (resized).jpgIMG_20200909_170338836 (resized).jpgIMG_20200909_171125209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200909_171125209 (resized).jpg
#3759 3 years ago

I will be joining the club next week. I am super exited. When my wife started to give me grief about getting the new pin I just told he I Am the Law! It didn’t work, she is still giving me hell.

#3760 3 years ago

Always loved the look of this game. Has anyone done a custom PinSound mix which includes the Anthrax tune, and/or clips from the movie?

#3761 3 years ago

Can anyone assist me in where to source the backboard decals from? Part number 31-1793-1/2. I have only found them on a European eBay site that will not allow me to purchase from. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps.

IMG_9826 (resized).JPGIMG_9826 (resized).JPG
#3762 3 years ago

The only place I have found those is Europe. But this isnt ebay. Email them. They shipped to the US no problem. I bought my black version cabinet decals from them too.

https://pinballpt.com/blog/2015/12/judge-dredd-2-piece-backboard-decal-set/

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

Can anyone assist me in where to source the backboard decals from? Part number 31-1793-1/2. I have only found them on a European eBay site that will not allow me to purchase from. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps

Think i may have a spare set of these. I will have a look through the stash and get back to you.

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The only place I have found those is Europe. But this isnt ebay. Email them. They shipped to the US no problem. I bought my black version cabinet decals from them too.
https://pinballpt.com/blog/2015/12/judge-dredd-2-piece-backboard-decal-set/

Thanks heaps and much appreciate the help. Doing a full restoration on my JD and just completed the cabinet with new decals. Now onto the playfield, and so much more to do. Thanks again.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Think i may have a spare set of these. I will have a look through the stash and get back to you.

Thank you indeed. Please let me know if you have a spare set.

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Always loved the look of this game. Has anyone done a custom PinSound mix which includes the Anthrax tune, and/or clips from the movie?

I too would appreciate this!

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from prowlerman99:

OK Dredd Heads,, While going through stuff today I found a small pcb, says its' a Sound Activated LED Board for JD Topper. Have any of you ever heard of or seen one before? I have not had a JD for years so no idea where it came from. It's home made but looks to be well done.
Thanks,
[quoted image]

We need to know more about this for sure! I’m guessing it takes sound signal and sends it to lights for the topper that no one has installed

#3768 3 years ago

Red Deadworld smaller ring

IMG_20200918_203032086 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_203032086 (resized).jpg
#3769 3 years ago

Looking for the deadworld mod and no response from pinbits. Any leads?

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Looking for the deadworld mod and no response from pinbits. Any leads?

Make it 2! I need one as well.

#3771 3 years ago

If just joined the club today!! I am super excited to lay down some law.

61C1C7F7-8C26-4AFF-8D05-8F4E6BE04D8A (resized).jpeg61C1C7F7-8C26-4AFF-8D05-8F4E6BE04D8A (resized).jpeg263EBCCB-716F-4D90-AE6D-2BED1029155A (resized).jpeg263EBCCB-716F-4D90-AE6D-2BED1029155A (resized).jpegA9D99680-2FA6-477F-9F4B-12952C43F09E (resized).jpegA9D99680-2FA6-477F-9F4B-12952C43F09E (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3772 3 years ago

Is Pinbits still in business? They never respond. I’ve been looking for a deadworld mod also.

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is Pinbits still in business? They never respond. I’ve been looking for a deadworld mod also.

Isn't it just a plastic ring? I wonder if it could be 3d printed? I can burn the ROM myself.

#3774 3 years ago

Isn’t most of Cali having massive issues with fires? PinBits is located in Cali.

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Isn't it just a plastic ring? I wonder if it could be 3d printed? I can burn the ROM myself.

Dude, 3D printing is not the ticket for this

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dude, 3D printing is not the ticket for this

It looks simple enough you could probably cut it out of lexan and drill some holes.
I'm pretty sure there is translucent filament for 3D printers as well. I'm sure it wouldn't look as good as the Pinbits one, but if there is no other option, why not?

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It looks simple enough you could probably cut it out of lexan and drill some holes.
I'm pretty sure there is translucent filament for 3D printers as well. I'm sure it wouldn't look as good as the Pinbits one, but if there is no other option, why not?

I bet it’s laser cut.

Anyone have the dimensions? Or a schematic for the large Dead world plastic?

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I bet it’s laser cut.
Anyone have the dimensions? Or a schematic for the large Dead world plastic?

Yes my friend has access to a high end laser cutting machine and the materials. Just need the dimensions here. Is the material PETG?

#3779 3 years ago

It’s easy to make the lock ring, take the original one as a model.... I need to find the ROM!

#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from Automata90:

It’s easy to make the lock ring, take the original one as a model.... I need to find the ROM!

I believe I have the ROM file somewhere. Is it not available on IPDB?

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from Automata90:

Order it from Matt's Basement Arcade. $10+ shipping.

1 week later
#3782 3 years ago

Anyone know how to fix the shoot buttons on the side mine are not working for some reason and I cant play the game anymore just get to look at the crane move back and forth.....

#3783 3 years ago
Quoted from SirrPinalot:

Anyone know how to fix the shoot buttons on the side mine are not working for some reason and I cant play the game anymore just get to look at the crane move back and forth.....

Could be a few things, but first I would check to make sure a wire didn't simply come off the button. You can also go into switch test to verify if it works. Then, I'd check the launcher coil and make sure it works. Coil test. Maybe a wire came off the coil lug.

#3784 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Could be a few things, but first I would check to make sure a wire didn't simply come off the button. You can also go into switch test to verify if it works. Then, I'd check the launcher coil and make sure it works. Coil test. Maybe a wire came off the coil lug.

Thanks! Got it working wire had fallen off

#3785 3 years ago

Finally captured my white whale Now I just need to make room for it Such a fun game!

IMG_20201003_001326896 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_001326896 (resized).jpg
#3786 3 years ago

Anyone here hook their Dredd up to a subwoofer? I got a lackluster review from my friend who did it to his, but I wanted see what you guys thought.

The set up I'm thinking about is the polk 10" sub with the pinnovators pinsub kit.

#3787 3 years ago

OK guys, I managed to get a Deadworld Mod plastic piece installed. A local pinhead helped make one for me. He was able to laser cut a piece and it looks fantastic. You will need to install the L1-AT ROM to make it function as a physical lock. I'll post a link to his shop as he will make more if there is demand.

Eric

#3788 3 years ago

I have a Velodyne sub to a pinsub out board and like it as long as I don't turn it up too much. It does BZZZ when I power up and POP when I shut it down (is fine in-between). Not sure after all this time if that is normal or has anything to do with sub and board, but something worth mentioning. One of several mods I would do again.

#3789 3 years ago

Ok, here is the Deadworld plastic piece my friend made. It turned out fantastic. He is willing to make them available if there is demand:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld-mod

#3790 3 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

I have a Velodyne sub to a pinsub out board and like it as long as I don't turn it up too much. It does BZZZ when I power up and POP when I shut it down (is fine in-between). Not sure after all this time if that is normal or has anything to do with sub and board, but something worth mentioning. One of several mods I would do again.

If it helps the POP is part of the normal operation for most pinball machines and the subwoofer is probably amplifying it. The POP is very low frequency, so the subwoofer picks it up.

Feel free to send us a sound sample where you have the BZZZ and Mark will listen to it and see if it's anything.

Glad to hear you wold do it again

~Sandra

#3791 3 years ago

I have a bunch of Deadworld acrylics ready to go. I made up 5 fluorescent red and 4 fluorescent green for now. I've also added preorders for other colors as well as variations of each color to maintain the physical lock if you want to replace your missing, worn, or broken plastic and/or to change the plastic color. Note the color in the photo is off. It's a very glowey green and a Red/pinking glowy. Note the photos below and the video are showing the Red/Pink version installed on a game. Order here. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld

20201005_213857 (resized).jpg20201005_213857 (resized).jpg

No ROM changes required to maintain the virtual lock. If you are looking for the physical lock to get the required ROM that turns the virtual locks back into physical locks.

Quoted from kermit24:

Order it from Matt's Basement Arcade. $10+ shipping.

#3792 3 years ago

Im curious .
Are all dredd owners running blue williams coils FL-11629 on lower flippers ?
If not what are you using ?
I've done flipper kits / bushings / coils .. My right flipper just never seems likes its hitting full strength...

#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Im curious .
Are all dredd owners running blue williams coils FL-11629 on lower flippers ?
If not what are you using ?
I've done flipper kits / bushings / coils .. My right flipper just never seems likes its hitting full strength...

FL-11629 are what I have on my game. Right flipper to left ramp shot can be a finnicky shot if you don't hit the ramp just right it sometimes falls back down onto the playfield.

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

I have a bunch of Deadworld acrylics ready to go. I made up 5 fluorescent red and 4 fluorescent green for now. I've also added preorders for other colors as well as variations of each color to maintain the physical lock if you want to replace your missing, worn, or broken plastic and/or to change the plastic color. Note the color in the photo is off. It's a very glowey green and a Red/pinking glowy. Note the photos below and the video are showing the Red/Pink version installed on a game. Order here. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04276-judge-dredd-deadworld
[quoted image]
No ROM changes required to maintain the virtual lock. If you are looking for the physical lock to get the required ROM that turns the virtual locks back into physical locks.

Hey, I just ordered a mod, but I can't seem to find the L1-AT rom that people seem to suggest. Matt's Basement Arcade doesn't carry that version. Does anyone know where I can find the correct ROM?

#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hey, I just ordered a mod, but I can't seem to find the L1-AT rom that people seem to suggest. Matt's Basement Arcade doesn't carry that version. Does anyone know where I can find the correct ROM?

Reach out and I'll give you some guidance on this...

#3796 3 years ago

Hey everyone! I was looking to powder-coat the JUDGE DREDD legs, what color would you guys suggest? Also, if you know of any online pictures of other JDs that have power-coat already, I've love to check them out since I'm more of a "visual" guy. Thanks!

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Hey everyone! I was looking to powder-coat the JUDGE DREDD legs, what color would you guys suggest? Also, if you know of any online pictures of other JDs that have power-coat already, I've love to check them out since I'm more of a "visual" guy. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered?tq=Dredd&tu=

#3798 3 years ago

I had Robert Stone do mine black with gold flake in it. No pictures inatalled because my game is in the HEP queue. But they are in Robert's thread as well.

#3799 3 years ago

Anyone feel there lower flippers are weak ?
I've done flipper kits / proper coils / flipper bushings / eos adjusted correct / waxed the pf and balls ..
It feels as if the flippers have become weaker since ive owned it about a year or so..
Is there a stronger coil ? I have the blue wrap ones that are ment to be in f l -11629s ?
Just curious if anyone has delt with this ? And has a sollution ?
Flipper switches ?
I have a new right cab switch but is there a solution or replacement for the left?

#3800 3 years ago

Seems as if my weak flipper problem may have been a space heater in the room.. I also have 4 pins on the same Circuit ..tryin this out if the problem returns i will make it have its own circuit...

Curious?
What's the replacement for the left flipper cab switch ?
Is anyone making one these days?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/76?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.