IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 98.
#3701 3 years ago

Working on getting a JD in the next couple of weeks (paid, awaiting STI pickup). Super excited! What mods should I get? So far I've seen:

Deadworld mod (Pinbits is sold out, anywhere else to get this?)
Cooling Towers (not right away, but would love to get the green lit ones)
Crane (where do you even buy this new crane? Looks amazing!)
Color DMD (expensive, might wait on this one for now)

Any other mods worth getting? Does anyone know any alternate website or sellers for the Deadworld mod or the crane? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

#3702 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

From @davi. Its an awesome mod!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-active-3d-crane-modification/page/2#post-5691664

#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Working on getting a JD in the next couple of weeks (paid, awaiting STI pickup). Super excited! What mods should I get? So far I've seen:
Deadworld mod (Pinbits is sold out, anywhere else to get this?)
Cooling Towers (not right away, but would love to get the green lit ones)
Color DMD (expensive, might wait on this one for now)
Any other mods worth getting? Does anyone know any alternate website or sellers for the Deadworld mod or the crane? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Glo-Balls: Fluorescent: Slime Green for the captive ball area, skip the cooling tower as they somewhat obstruct the view of captive balls. Flipper topper covers. Message PinBits as they will probably be able to hook you up. Inner art side blades.

#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Working on getting a JD in the next couple of weeks (paid, awaiting STI pickup). Super excited!

Congrats! I just got mine a few weeks ago and have been playing it everyday.

All the mods you listed are great. I added some more light to the field because I thought it was a little dark. (Trough, back of the field, and a spotlight)

Have fun!

#3705 3 years ago

ColorDMD looks so great on JD, not cheap but so choice.

#3706 3 years ago

Start with the Deadword mod then color DMD. The others are great but not in the same league.

Make sure you don't have a sample or prototype game. The Davi crane mod won't fit if there is a ball-in-hand switch in the crane.

Sniper tower mod is also excellent.

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Start with the Deadword mod then color DMD. The others are great but not in the same league.
Make sure you don't have a sample or prototype game. The Davi crane mod won't fit if there is a ball-in-hand switch in the crane.
Sniper tower mod is also excellent.

Is there an easy way to tell if you have a sample/prototype game vs. a production game?

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Is there an easy way to tell if you have a sample/prototype game vs. a production game?

Looks like sample games have an actual guy on the Sniper plastic; prod game have just a Target

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks like sample games have an actual guy on the Sniper plastic; prod game have just a Target

And if you take the plastic off of the crane, there will be a switch where the magnet grabs the ball. The switch interferes with the Davi crane mod. You can remove it since it's not essential to game play. Believe it just reduces magnet voltage once the ball is grabbed.

#3710 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

And if you take the plastic off of the crane, there will be a switch where the magnet grabs the ball. The switch interferes with the Davi crane mod. You can remove it since it's not essential to game play. Believe it just reduces magnet voltage once the ball is grabbed.

The crane mod for proto/sample games is almost done, hopefully I can reveal first pictures in few days.

#3711 3 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I will have a production model. I was able to order the plastic for the Deadworld mod and an L1 rom. Will L1 work or do I need L1AT?

#3712 3 years ago

For Deadworld locking both will do, but iirc AT has some switch matrix fixes (and might be a freeplay only rom, not sure).
Beware that the L1 roms do have a few gremlins when it comes to multiplayer games. Sadly there are no fixed ones with Deadworld locking, however L7 with the lock ring works well but only has virtual locks except for the last one..

#3713 3 years ago

If it's running proper and all maintenance is up to date (which can be an investment of time and money in and of itself as I replaced optos and powerboards) my votes for mods are:
- ColorDMD really brings out the animation, updates the look, emphasizes game modes and lets its personality shine.
- LED OCD boards and proper LED bulbs (http://www.ledocd.com/) smooths out light sequencing with the LED bulbs which will also brighten the playfield.
- PinStadiums really make the playfield and action pop out. (I have these on all my pins)
- Audio out board and a subwoofer give the soundtrack punch (I think I used pinsound.com but cant remember now).

Not cheap mods but big on impact in my opinion. Congrats on joining the club!!

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Thanks for the responses. I will have a production model. I was able to order the plastic for the Deadworld mod and an L1 rom. Will L1 work or do I need L1AT?

Where did you get the Deadworld mod? Pinbits shows out of stock and doesn't reply to my emails.

#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Where did you get the Deadworld mod? Pinbits shows out of stock and doesn't reply to my emails.

They have the plastic, just not the rom. Guy on eBay sells the rom L1 for $9.99 plus shipping.

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Here is the eBay link for the rom:

ebay.com link: Judge Dredd Pinball CPU Rom L 1 U6 Bally Williams Prototype EPROM

Unfortunately, the plastic on pinbits shows sold out now. Not sure if I got the last one, or if it was a mistake and they'll end up refunding me.

#3717 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

If you have a production model with the deadworld mod you will need the L1AT rom for it to work properly. L1 will (probably) work, but you will have a hard time trying to lock balls......

#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The crane mod for proto/sample games is almost done, hopefully I can reveal first pictures in few days.

Update:
1st crane version for prototype/sample games is done.

Thanks for luckymoey for measurements!

Modifications have been made in the gripper and also in the cylinder part to create space for microswitch and actuator.
I am going to send this for test.

20200705_153100 (resized).jpg20200705_153100 (resized).jpg20200705_153126 (resized).jpg20200705_153126 (resized).jpg20200705_145354 (resized).jpg20200705_145354 (resized).jpg20200705_145548 (resized).jpg20200705_145548 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3719 3 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday and loving the game! For anyone who has done the LED conversion, is there a list of bulbs to use? Looks like 52 x #555s and 10 x #44s in the playfield? Are you using soft white, warm whites, or frosted?

I do have a second issue that I'm hoping you all can help me with. The deadworld rings spin just fine. However, the planet deadworld itself is not turning. I looked just underneath the planet/rings while it was running and do notice the shaft turning clockwise, while rings are counterclockwise. Could it be something as simple as the planet not being tightened against the shaft? Just wondering if someone has run into this before.

#3720 3 years ago

So I looked at the planet and deadworld assembly, took it apart, and put back together again. I think the issue is the planet comes in contact with the inner ring of the deadworld upper ring. It spun properly for a turn or two and then it got stuck against that ring. Looking at the manual diagrams, I think my planet is set up too high. I think I need to turn the nuts and lower it so that it does not come in contact with the deadworld plastic at the axis. Will try it tomorrow night.

1 week later
#3721 3 years ago

Hey guys just got my very first table and off course its Dredd table. Worked fine before shipping now to get the balls to fire you need to press both the left launch and the extra ball button. Im new here so take it easy on me for being green. Would love some help

#3722 3 years ago

Dredd spares collected over the years

IMG_20200730_100323413 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_100323413 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_100328929 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_100328929 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_100338818 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_100338818 (resized).jpg
#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Dredd spares collected over the years[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a left inlane guide? The tall one by the flipper? Mine has a busted tab on it.

#3724 3 years ago

I had at least 8 broken tabs on various guides when I tore my game down. I had a local welder fix them all. I think it cost me $40. But they can be fixed. Probably a good option considering they are not reproduced.

#3725 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Do you have a left inlane guide? The tall one by the flipper? Mine has a busted tab on it.

that one was not in the parts i'm afraid , sorry

#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Dredd spares collected over the years

How much for the coat hanger...?

#3727 3 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

How much for the coat hanger...?

Free to a good home

1 week later
#3728 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have the vector artwork for the cabinet? Really looking to get mine replaced, and I have someone here in the states that will custom print with overbleed custom vinyl, just need the vectors first! PM or posted here would be great! Thanks in advance! (YeOldPinPlayer) did reference an overseas site where I could purchase, so if I can't come up with Vectors, that will probably be the route I end up going.

Excited to be a Dredd owner! This is my first pinball machine, and having a lot of fun so far!

#3729 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I have one but it's missing one of the tabs

15969971955608122054592207390833 (resized).jpg15969971955608122054592207390833 (resized).jpg
#3731 3 years ago

In the last couple of weeks I installed the Davi amazing crane mod as well as the Deadworld mod. Feels like a totally different game now! Now if I could figure out how to make the center of the planet spin without rubbing against the deadworld ring and then stopping...

#3732 3 years ago

I think this would help

Screenshot_20200811-072846 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200811-072846 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200811-085910 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200811-085910 (resized).png
#3733 3 years ago

OK, I know where to find the black decals because I already have them. But where is that black speaker cover?!?!?!? I have looked since you posted that and can't find it anywhere. I need that to go with the decals!!

If it exists, please point me in the right direction!

#3734 3 years ago

Anyone ever replace the starburst buttons on the cabinet? Mine is a little broken on the right site (just comes out of the slot, doesn't snap very well), ordered a replacement, but the micro switch is different than the original now. Its just a traditional cherry style micro switch, but the original wiring uses a much smaller micro switch and connectors. Just curious if anyone has encountered the same issue?

I guess I could cut the new style micro switch brass arms so the original connectors fit, versus cutting and crimping new connectors. Just looking for some feedback before i hack something up!

PS, what do "you" use to clean you dredd playfield? I tried a little novus 1 tonight and that cleaned up surface dust, and tired a "little" novus 2 on some ball trials, but it didn't really clean them up completely.

#3735 3 years ago

I'm looking for ramp flaps. Help is much appreciated.

#3736 3 years ago

Just added side blades to,mine....

IMG_20200810_225235_010 (resized).jpgIMG_20200810_225235_010 (resized).jpg
#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

I'm looking for ramp flaps. Help is much appreciated.

Pinbits had them, but looks like they are sold out. Might be worth contacting them though.

https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=357

#3739 3 years ago

What a pity. I'll contact them. Are there any other shops that have them in stock?

#3740 3 years ago

I recently picked up an JD I found that the Blackout flasher was not working, when I looked under the playfeild I found that there was no lamp socket for the flasher on board A-16929. So wanted to find out from other owners if someone remove the lamp socket or was this something that is normal, not sure why it would be but you never know.

I remove A-16929 board and looks like there was a socket as some point but if it was removed whom ever removed did a good job with solder removal, I think. I attached some pics and hope you will able to see that the socket area looks cleaner then to surrounding area which makes me think it was removed. But why remove and not replace, I know that goes into why someone else would do something but is there a reason to remove a lamp socket? and not replace beside just not having one.

I would like to replace so anyone know what lamp socket should be installed, does the socket matter because it is a flasher?

Last question, I know I asking a lot and this is ... In the manual (2-45) solenoid/flasher locations, item # 23 description Blackout Flashers (3). What is the parentheses three mean, at first I though quantity but that is not right.

Thank you in advance.

16929back (resized).jpg16929back (resized).jpg16929front (resized).jpg16929front (resized).jpg
#3741 3 years ago

Update on my post and stupidity, the last question about (#) and not thinking it was quantity, was wrong, it is quantity. In this case one on the playfield and two in the backbox.

#3742 3 years ago

OK Dredd Heads,, While going through stuff today I found a small pcb, says its' a Sound Activated LED Board for JD Topper. Have any of you ever heard of or seen one before? I have not had a JD for years so no idea where it came from. It's home made but looks to be well done.
Thanks,

IMG_1804 (resized).JPGIMG_1804 (resized).JPG
#3743 3 years ago

Hey Fellow Dredders

I have a Dredd that I am currently modding ...see attached photo
I Have put my hand up for the 3D crane once Shipping is available again from Hungary to Australia
But I am also hoping to track down another 3d mod....
I am hoping that someone might have the Snipers tower mod or know someone who has a spare etc from Medisinyl Mods see old thread and 2nd photo:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread
Anyone who may want to part with or has changed it out?
Please let me know if you do Thanks

Screenshot_20200816-054427_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200816-054427_Gallery (resized).jpgf03d6ee5edcaeaf3e5195a6c2c0cf3b359a494f8 (resized).jpgf03d6ee5edcaeaf3e5195a6c2c0cf3b359a494f8 (resized).jpg
#3744 3 years ago

I have one that I can't place in my JD because my ramp is crooked... They drilled 2 sets of plastic mounting holes and in either the tower does not sit flush or leans far to the right. I tried printing a custom baseplate to move it a little but that can't be done because to fit it would have to sit right between the two sets of holes (where I can not attach the screws anymore).
The (very stiff) wires the the LED broke off, so I resoldered those with ultra flexible silicone wire and put a hot glue strain relief on there. Except for that the tower is in great condition and I'd like 90€ for it. However I fear that shipping to Australia (20€ with only 50€ insured) and PP fees will break this :/
If you (or anyone else) is interested I'll take some pictures later on.

#3745 3 years ago

Here some pics, let me know if anyone wants anything else.
DSC_0559 (resized).JPGDSC_0559 (resized).JPGDSC_0560 (resized).JPGDSC_0560 (resized).JPGDSC_0561 (resized).JPGDSC_0561 (resized).JPGDSC_0562 (resized).JPGDSC_0562 (resized).JPG

Here you can see what the problem with my ramp is, the holes with the purple base is where the plastic sits. And yes, the plastic always wiggles loose and wanders till it sits about 1cm over the ramp.. Must have been Magharita Monday at the factory..
DSC_0528 (resized).JPGDSC_0528 (resized).JPG

Fyi, shipping in the EU would be 11€ with 50€ insurance, and PP friends does not charge fees. Send me a PM if interested (Useilloosion would have preemption though).
And if posting this here is against the rules, please let me know, I'll put it in the market section then.

€: Aw crap, just saw that DHL Germany too only offers premium shipping to Australia atm (50€+). UPS is even more ridiculously expensive and the other German services don't serve outside the EU

#3746 3 years ago

PM Sent
thanks for your reply and for the attached photos

#3747 3 years ago

I know you are not supposed to go to a forum about a game and ask if it’s worth buying or not but here I am. I played judge Dredd the other day and it was a blast. Not sure why but I was drawn to it but I was. Is it worth pursuing? From what I have read it’s known to have some issues.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I know you are not supposed to go to a forum about a game and ask if it’s worth buying or not but here I am. I played judge Dredd the other day and it was a blast. Not sure why but I was drawn to it but I was. Is it worth pursuing? From what I have read it’s known to have some issues.

Yup. The game is amazing. It's the only game I've ever gotten, played, enjoyed, for whatever reason sold, and then bought another one...three times over, haha... Something about the sounds, the shots, the humor in the modes, the battle at the end, it's really a sweet package...four flippers, ramps everywhere, VUKs, subway tunnels, drop targets, the list goes in and on...yup, it's sweet. And some of these new mods that are out there like the new crane mod that that gentleman Davi is working on, those cooling towers... great to see the community surrounding this game remain so engaged.

#3749 3 years ago

For what you can buy a Dredd for, you would be hard pressed to find anything with more bang for the buck. JD is a great, and highly underrated game. You really can't go wrong. And once you get it dialed in, there really arent any issues with the game.

#3750 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully sometime soon I can join the group as a member. Now the hard part, finding one in TX.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/75?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.