IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 98.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

So, where do we send our money??

There should be a new thread in the near future to provide details. I'm sure a link will be posted here in the Dredd Thread.

I'm still trying to provide the designer/creator a few minor bits of info to make sure production cranes are bug free.

A few more pics to highlight some of the detail under the truss.

5J5A3500 (resized).JPG5J5A3500 (resized).JPG5J5A3504 (resized).JPG5J5A3504 (resized).JPG
#3552 4 years ago

Really nice job. I have the metal crane mod from the guy in the UK. I think it is excellent. This may be an even better execution of a crane mod. I guess the question is the plastic durable enough, particularly from any random air ball strikes that could happen over time.

#3553 4 years ago

15 years for crane mod but no Deadworld mod.

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never thought we needed a mod for Deadworld except to make it a little sturdier so that the threads didnt strip out or slip when you are putting back together.

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Really nice job. I have the metal crane mod from the guy in the UK. I think it is excellent. This may be an even better execution of a crane mod. I guess the question is the plastic durable enough, particularly from any random air ball strikes that could happen over time.

Thank you. I have no experience about airballs in Judge Dredd. I think the chance of airball at the upper right corner, at the height of the crane is very low, "protected" by ramps and the deadworld.

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is just no pleasing some people.

At least its just a Misdemeanor!

Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I never thought we needed a mod for Deadworld

I think he is talking about the ring that locks/carries the balls as the original game was designed to do.

#3557 4 years ago

I'm having a most startling issue.
I was playing just fine, and then I hit the subway, but the VUK wouldn't fire. The ball search only activated the flippers.

Turned it off, back on, and I did a solenoid test: solenoids 1 to 8 wouldn't work. I checked the relevant fuse (F105), which was fine but I replaced it anyway. It still wouldn't work, except for the crate and the planet (which technically aren't solenoids, I guess).
So I unplugged and plugged back a handful of connectors, and now it's even worse: the flippers go crazy! When I enter the menu, they fire randomly but almost constantly, and it also registers as if it service buttons are being used.
It's so bad that the DMD displays only one word: HELP

Do you fine gentlemen have any idea what to test/fix?

#3558 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I think he is talking about the ring that locks/carries the balls as the original game was designed to do.

Yep, you really should try it someday.

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

There should be a new thread in the near future to provide details. I'm sure a link will be posted here in the Dredd Thread.
I'm still trying to provide the designer/creator a few minor bits of info to make sure production cranes are bug free.
A few more pics to highlight some of the detail under the truss.[quoted image][quoted image]

Here is the separated thread about my crane mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-active-3d-crane-modification

#3560 4 years ago

Nevermind, I fixed the issue myself! I just needed to pull all the flat connectors and plug them in again.

I thought I was in for some difficult repair... well now I feel quite foolish.

#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from antinea:

Nevermind, I fixed the issue myself! I just needed to pull all the flat connectors and plug them in again.
I thought I was in for some difficult repair... well now I feel quite foolish.

Hey, an easy fix is a good fix!

#3562 4 years ago

Thanks guys for the intense interest

f0236b1f735021faf840cf6b2f3e8c7d2204c785.giff0236b1f735021faf840cf6b2f3e8c7d2204c785.gif
#3563 4 years ago

Anyone come up with good shaker settings for pinsound they might care to share?

1 week later
#3564 4 years ago

I got something in the post last week. A little sneak peek...
Preview (resized).jpgPreview (resized).jpg

#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

I got something in the post last week. A little sneak peek...
[quoted image]

Ha! I bought the same 3 style pinballs for my captives a couple of years ago and they have been sitting waiting for my restoration. They will be in my machine sometime soon this year when Chris gets to it.

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ha! I bought the same 3 style pinballs for my captives a couple of years ago and they have been sitting waiting for my restoration. They will be in my machine sometime soon this year when Chris gets to it.

Because they are captive and the idea is radiation, what about using glow balls instead?

#3567 4 years ago
030C55CC-2896-4458-96A9-818ED151519A (resized).jpeg030C55CC-2896-4458-96A9-818ED151519A (resized).jpeg69FDA1B4-A35B-45A0-8A85-263DDC30867B (resized).jpeg69FDA1B4-A35B-45A0-8A85-263DDC30867B (resized).jpeg
#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Preview (resized).jpg

Quoted from PinRob:

030C55CC-2896-4458-96A9-818ED151519A (resized).jpeg

Good looking sets of balls you guys have there!

#3569 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

Finally got a JD! Now I need to find a replacement DMD. Do you guys recommend Marco, Pinball Life or Ebay for new displays? Is anyone willing to send links on a manual/schematic? Also, I am all about getting great pinwiki links if you are okay sharing.

Pinside has been awesome to me.

I can't wait to start playing.

Thanks

20200402_131256 (resized).jpg20200402_131256 (resized).jpg
#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Hey Guys,
Finally got a JD! Now I need to find a replacement DMD. Do you guys recommend Marco, Pinball Life or Ebay for new displays? Is anyone willing to send links on a manual/schematic? Also, I am all about getting great pinwiki links if you are okay sharing.
Pinside has been awesome to me.
I can't wait to start playing.
Thanks[quoted image]

Have you ruled out a bad DMD driver board or bad cables?

#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Because they are captive and the idea is radiation, what about using glow balls instead?

Huh? Those radiation symbol balls fit that spot perfectly! I wasn't questioning anything or why he had them, I was pointing out that I did the exact same thing. The glow balls work too and I contemplated them, but went with the black radiation balls instead. Maybe I am misunderstanding your phrasing?

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Huh? Those radiation symbol balls fit that spot perfectly! I wasn't questioning anything or why he had them, I was pointing out that I did the exact same thing. The glow balls work too and I contemplated them, but went with the black radiation balls instead. Maybe I am misunderstanding your phrasing?

The screening on the balls is hard to see. A ball in black (or black chrome) with yellow radiation screening would be the ultimate, to me.

I'm not questioning what you used. I like them, I just don't think they show up well. I tried one and half the time the symbol is rotated so you can't even tell what it is.

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Have you ruled out a bad DMD driver board or bad cables?

Cables look good. As for the driver board, I'll need to do more research.

The display slowly gets better as it warms, telling me it's probably gassing. The center top portion stays off...and it seems the dots reappear when pressure is applied along top pins. I wonder if there are some cold solder joints to blame...but it seems like its a outgassing based on the warm up.

Disregard that loose cable shown in the pick. I reset all ribbon cables.

20200402_132015 (resized).jpg20200402_132015 (resized).jpg
#3574 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The screening on the balls is hard to see. A ball in black (or black chrome) with yellow radiation screening would be the ultimate, to me.
I'm not questioning what you used. I like them, I just don't think they show up well. I tried one and half the time the symbol is rotated so you can't even tell what it is.

Ah, yeah... those were all factors I considered. I weighed the subtle look to the in your face bright green look and settled on the darker ones. I would agree though that if there was a way to colorize the symbols, that would be the best option. I would even consider the glow balls with the black symbol screened on it. And if the logo could be screened on either side of the ball, even better!

#3575 4 years ago

durgee7
Just a idea, add a color dmd. You will not be disappointed.

#3576 4 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

durgee7

+1 on this. I upgraded to an LCD ColorDMD and it's friggin' awesome! I will have some more pics of my game tonight, with another upgrade in place!

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

durgee7

Cool! I'll try not to rush into buying just any dmd. Color sounds nice...but pricey...but more reliable if led.

#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Cool! I'll try not to rush into buying just any dmd. Color sounds nice...but pricey...but more reliable if led.

I sent you a PM, but I also highly recommend the ColorDMD as well.

#3579 4 years ago

What is that odd glow?
IMG_20200402_190917 (resized).jpgIMG_20200402_190917 (resized).jpg
Thanks to ragefactory for the awesome cooling tower mod...it looks fantastic!
IMG_20200402_191330 (resized).jpgIMG_20200402_191330 (resized).jpg
For @durgee7, in case he needs convincing that a ColorDMD is a Good Idea(tm)...
IMG_20200402_191347 (resized).jpgIMG_20200402_191347 (resized).jpg

#3580 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

What is that odd glow?
[quoted image]
Thanks to ragefactory for the awesome cooling tower mod...it looks fantastic!
[quoted image]
For durgee7, in case he needs convincing that a ColorDMD is a Good Idea(tm)...
[quoted image]

Wow! That color dmd is beautiful! Let me research those displays a little more and get prices.

#3581 4 years ago

Any recommendations for the best sources on the glow balls? Thanks

#3582 4 years ago

Another vote for color DMD....they did a terrific job on this title. Love mine.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Any recommendations for the best sources on the glow balls? Thanks

https://shop.modmypin.com/index.php

#3584 4 years ago

Just received my reactor mod where do you hook the lights up? All the wires tie to the single melt down light?

#3585 4 years ago

Thanks to all on your help getting a new or working dmd.

As for my next challenge, has anyone ever removed the head or back box from the cabinet? I ask because I'm planning to move the pin upstairs, and the last wide body was a pain turning the corner (stairs turn 90 deg after a few step). Worst case: I hire movers when this pandemic settles.

Carefully labeling and unplugging connectors isn't an issue. I'm more concerned with detaching the bottom hinges.

Appreciate the feedback. My feeling is that I'll be better off just folding it down and getting 2 other guys to help lift and maneuver.

#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Just received my reactor mod where do you hook the lights up? All the wires tie to the single melt down light?

I hooked mine up to a nearby GI light. I’ll get down there in a bit and take some pictures.

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Thanks to all on your help getting a new or working dmd.
As for my next challenge, has anyone ever removed the head or back box from the cabinet? I ask because I'm planning to move the pin upstairs, and the last wide body was a pain turning the corner (stairs turn 90 deg after a few step). Worst case: I hire movers when this pandemic settles.
Carefully labeling and unplugging connectors isn't an issue. I'm more concerned with detaching the bottom hinges.
Appreciate the feedback. My feeling is that I'll be better off just folding it down and getting 2 other guys to help lift and maneuver.

Dealing with the wiring is 95% of the work. You can just unbolt the hinges from inside the back box and let them hang down. Removing the weight will make moving easier but wide body back boxes are the same width as a regular pin so it may not really help with turning the sharp corner.

#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Disregard that loose cable shown in the pick. I reset all ribbon cables.

That rug is realy tying the room together

#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

That rug is realy tying the room together

Haa! That rug came with the game. It was sandwiched between the back box and cabinet. Sadly, it is back with the original owner

Thanks, Guys!

#3590 4 years ago

@bladefury, here is what I did:

This image was poached from ragefactory from earlier in the thread. Take the wire bundle and run them through one of the holes left from drilling out the Tower #3 standup. I had to widen my hole slightly to get all six wires to fit through, but not by a whole lot.

972f4a5339662eb202aef73b5f313d4138f61303 (resized).jpg972f4a5339662eb202aef73b5f313d4138f61303 (resized).jpg

There is a 1" access hole nearby on the playfield, near the standup target. Drop the wires through the playfield and secure the tower down with the playfield plastic installed. You may have to prop the playfield up on the kickstand and feed the wire through with one hand while guiding it down from the top. I found that it was easier to run the wires through the plastic first, then finagle the plastic and wires into place, then tighten everything down. This pic shows where the wire come through the hole, towards the bottom.

IMG_20200404_110331 (resized).jpgIMG_20200404_110331 (resized).jpg

I then cut the wires to length and soldered them to the GI bulb that was close by. Note, I did install a couple of nylon wire guides to make the install clean.

IMG_20200404_110336 (resized).jpgIMG_20200404_110336 (resized).jpg

#3591 4 years ago

Hello. So i stared digging into my dredd i got about a year ago and have found some things missing and damaged. I’m missing a wire form that goes above the subway entrance #12-7127 if anybody knows of one or where to look that would be awesome.
I also found some random holes I am not sure if they are missing something. I’ve attached a photo of the holes circled in purple.
I also had found that there is a wire ball guide rail missing. I circled that in pink. I ordered that part but the wire form is to thick to fit. Wasn’t sure if i got the right one or if there is any help somebody could give to getting that in.
Lastly there is damage next to that in the scoop. I wanted to buy a Clifftop to prevent future wear on that spot but i do not see one specifically for that and was not sure if there is something any of you recommend to prevent more damage. Thank you all for any help!
CEBA5865-3347-4DEA-B9F1-E166D8569706 (resized).jpegCEBA5865-3347-4DEA-B9F1-E166D8569706 (resized).jpeg

#3592 4 years ago

I'll get down there in a bit and pull the plastic off and post a comparison pic for you here. As far as a scoop protector, I'm not aware of anything out there.

#3593 4 years ago

Hey I just wanted to let people know, as there was some interest when I last posted some pics of my cooling towers. I have redesigned them for the better. They take a long time to print and the finishing process is quite time consuming but installation is pretty easy and the glow is awesome. Hope you like them. They are up in the market.
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1134-devilsmuse-arcade/03628-judge-dredd-lighted-cooling-towers

Cooling Tower closeup insatll green (resized).jpgCooling Tower closeup insatll green (resized).jpg
#3594 4 years ago
15860616408689133584690179566482 (resized).jpg15860616408689133584690179566482 (resized).jpg15860616747124802071412789735189 (resized).jpg15860616747124802071412789735189 (resized).jpg
#3595 4 years ago

Mr_Frog thank you so much. Looks like I’m worried about the wrong thing lol. I’ve been looking through the play field more and found a couple other weird things missing or in the wrong place. Ugh

#3596 4 years ago

Yeah, it does look like you're missing one of the side bars for the scoop, but I don't see any holes for it on the playfield. Interestingly, mine have posts behind the double rubbers for the bottom ones, where yours doesn't. I doubt that matters a whole lot. I think you're kind of SOL with that missing wire form in the front though...it doesn't look like anyone stocks that part and you'll have to wait for one to come up.

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Hey I just wanted to let people know, as there was some interest when I last posted some pics of my cooling towers. I have redesigned them for the better. They take a long time to print and the finishing process is quite time consuming but installation is pretty easy and the glow is awesome. Hope you like them. They are up in the market.
Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1134-devilsmuse-arcade/03628-judge-dredd-lighted-cooling-towers[quoted image]

What happens when you hook into the "meltdown" bulb with leds? They should flicker the whole time instead of when the meltdown bulb is lit. Correct?

#3598 4 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

What happens when you hook into the "meltdown" bulb with leds? They should flicker the whole time instead of when the meltdown bulb is lit. Correct?

ChiTownPinHead, you are correct when LEDS ( non ghosting) are connected to the meltdown insert they flicker constantly with an occasional "ON" then flicker again. So incandescents are the only easy way to get around this.

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

I hooked mine up to a nearby GI light. I’ll get down there in a bit and take some pictures.

Hi, better connect 2 wires each light under the lock, to have a cool effect.
Lock 1 to tower 1, lock 2 to tower 2 etc..

Check the attached image
thanks
rage (resized).jpgrage (resized).jpg

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Hi, better connect 2 wires each light under the lock, to have a cool effect.
Lock 1 to tower 1, lock 2 to tower 2 etc..
Check the attached image
thanks
[quoted image]

I thought about doing exactly that when I installed mine but having them flicker all the time has grown on me after soldering to the meltdown socket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/72?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.