IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 97.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

For the flashers, are you engaging the interlock switch when you run the test? Does LED 5 light up on the power driver board? Is fuse F111 good (5ASB)?
For the switches, did you also test playfield switches? What you report as bad has switches out in three different columns and three different rows so could be connectors or multiple switch issues.
viperrwk

Thanks, it has taken me a while to try it again with manuals. Yep I fell for the old interlock while testing trick, never encountered that before (DM & JD arrived at the same time and no manuals for either), flashers are fine, led5, F111 etc.

Looks like a connector issue as I can start a supergame but not a standard one, the last owner forgot to neutralize the battery acid damage on the J212 connector even though he changed the board out for a new one the frickin idiot and it looks pretty blue/green. Just waiting on new connectors to arrive from the states (should only take a couple of weeks).

#302 10 years ago

New Dredd owner here!! LOVE THE GAME!!

This is my first pin, and have a few questions. Had a few drunken buddies over recently and noticed a few things. *(I recently rebuilt the flippers, LED'd the entire machine, replaced a gear on the Deadworld shaft, and did a basic clean-up of the PF).

Q1 - After playing a few (6 or so) games in a row, I noticed the flippers lose some power, not limp or unable to make it up ramps (almost unable), they just get about 1/3 weaker., I especially notice the upper left flipper because it has a hard time looping the ball around the upper PF. The coils are warm, but not overly hot or anything. - I could fry an egg on the power supply though.., Normal? Hungry?

Q2 - Is there a write-up or vid to see exactly how the chains/missions should work while the Deadworld is activated to lock balls? Like, if I am trying to complete the 'pursuit' or 'manhunt' while that is running, it simply diverts and locks the ball rather then stay on that particular chain/mission. So basically I can not finish the chain/mission 'IF' the Deadworld is on. If its off, all plays normally.

Q3 - Is there a secret place to find JD parts/plastics etc? Does becoming a JD member allow me to know the secret? - I've called places, searched the web, offered a kidney to a fellow JD owner, no luck.. I have a few cracked plastics that I would like to replace along with a ramp or 2.

Q4 - What angle do you set your JD at? 6.5? And do you use the 'pinguy' app? I wanna dial this beast in and just want to verify what I have read.

Sorry if my Pin lingo is a bit off, new to the Pin hobby/lifestyle!

Cheers!
Harvs

JD3.JPGJD3.JPG JDa.JPGJDa.JPG
#303 10 years ago

Q1 - be sure to check that your flipper end of travel switch works correctly. It's possible that it is not working and thus causing your coil to get overly hot, especially if you tend to hold the flipper up.

#304 10 years ago

Q2 - if the locks are lit (deadworld is spinning) it will always supersede the modes if you hit it 3 times. Seeing you have the deadworld mod, it will divert the three balls. Best time to do pursuit or manhunt is when the locks aren't lit. You can change the modes during play by using the left launch button. So, if the locks are lit you can cycle to modes to not include those two.

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

After playing a few (6 or so) games in a row, I noticed the flippers lose some power, not limp or unable to make it up ramps (almost unable),

Try cleaning the flipper opto switches. That fixed a similar problem on mine.

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Q2 - if the locks are lit (deadworld is spinning) it will always supersede the modes if you hit it 3 times. Seeing you have the deadworld mod, it will divert the three balls. Best time to do pursuit or manhunt is when the locks aren't lit. You can change the modes during play by using the left launch button. So, if the locks are lit you can cycle to modes to not include those two.

To add to this, because the locks are lit, you can only start the next link in the chain by hitting the sniper tower. Manhunt and Pursuit are the two ramp-based modes. As the rulesheet says, you should start Manhunt from the left ramp - http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/1322/judgedre.htm. And if you start pursuit while locks are lit, you'll take out half your chance of scoring it because of the diversion to Deadworld.

As for angle, I set mine using an inclinometer as specified in the manual to 6.5 degrees. Leveling app is fine if you don't have an inclinometer.

Other thing you should know about the sound ROMs running Deadworld:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-judge-dredd-sound-roms-l1-and-l3#post-994184

Lastly, if we told you where we get plastics it wouldn't be a secret any more would it?

Seriously, some are unobtanium, some you can get from Australia, some you have to buy used.

viperrwk

#307 10 years ago

Wow, a lot of info.

Nosro - I did read up and watch a few vids on how a EOS should work on this. Basically it should make contact at the end to reduce the power to just hold the ball. I slightly bent the new ones to do so. The coils themselves don't heat up like the power supply in the cabinet. Could an old power supply lose power or be inefficient once heated from play? Are they available if so?

GOV- Strategy is the way to avoid that then. I was just curious if that was the proper way it should work. Thanks again!

O-Din- I have what looks to be an original flipper opto on the left (metal), and a plastic on the right. I did use a Q-tip with a little windex and gently cleaned them. Surprisingly, they were very clean, just a little dust on the Q-tip when finished. - Thanks

Viper - Will read up on the links. Thanks! - I guess I will be flying to Australia asap to hunt down some plastics. I do have a spare 'Stake Out' ramp in good clean condition, a 'Black Out' ramp and a few others that came with the machine, I guess they are worth their weight in gold! Ha.. I am going to divert my savings to JD plastics and ramps rather then a 401k. My 'Air Raid' ramp has a crack that is taped together, and my plastics by the upper left flipper are shatty.

Thanks again Viper / fellas.
Harvs

#308 10 years ago

I have a pretty decent EXTRA Air Raid ramp with one tiny crack by the underneath mounting hole that goes through the flap on the entrance. Shouldn't affect anything. If anybody is interested.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have a pretty decent EXTRA Air Raid ramp with one tiny crack by the underneath mounting hole that goes through the flap on the entrance. Shouldn't affect anything. If anybody is interested.

I'll PM ya in a sec.

#310 10 years ago

Taxi left a week or so ago for JD. Had some issues to work through, but up and running now. So far really enjoying the game and happy to be part of the club!!

#311 10 years ago

I installed these on my JD over the weekend.
http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/home/56-judge-dredd-custom-inside-decals.html
They look great and add a lot of depth to the PF.

Worth the money? My non-pinhead buddy that helped me install them didn't think so, but I love them.

#312 10 years ago

My poor JD needs some work. It was my first pin when I knew nothing at all about repair and maintenance. I've been force fed the repair part and now JD is playing good, but the game is very dirty. When I wipe my finger on the pf or a ramp it comes away with dirt on it. So I've been reading a lot on here about cleaning products and mostly people use Novus. Would this be the best for the diamond pf or should I use something like Simple Green? Originally I was going to just use a rag and clean around things but more and more I'm thinking of clearing the playfield. I'm not the most handy handy guy in the world so I'm a little afraid that I won't put the playfield back together correctly. Plus, I have some broken plastics that maybe will break more. This game doesn't look the easiest to take apart. I was also thinking of putting in LEDs. It looks kind of dark and gloomy next to my other pins. Would it be easier to just clean and led it out at the same time? Thx.

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

I have what looks to be an original flipper opto on the left (metal), and a plastic on the right

That would be the way they came. I believe.

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I'm not the most handy handy guy in the world so I'm a little afraid that I won't put the playfield back together correctly. Plus, I have some broken plastics that maybe will break more. This game doesn't look the easiest to take apart.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm off base but, when you take the ramps out, I would disconnect the optos from the harness rather than unscrewing them from the ramps like I did. It's a pain to keep all the pieces straight. Other than that, it's not as bad as it seems.

#315 10 years ago

Any thoughts on different led kits? I'm looking at the one at Cointaker and another from Pinballbulbs. The one at Pbb really changes the look of the game.... So bright....I'm tempted...

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Any thoughts on different led kits? I'm looking at the one at Cointaker and another from Pinballbulbs. The one at Pbb really changes the look of the game.... So bright....I'm tempted...

Pbb +1

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I installed these on my JD over the weekend.
http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/home/56-judge-dredd-custom-inside-decals.html
They look great and add a lot of depth to the PF.
Worth the money? My non-pinhead buddy that helped me install them didn't think so, but I love them.

Pics

#318 10 years ago

I need a pic of someone's topper wiring on the back of the bird and where it plugs in on the board. This topper looks original but I never seen one with lit eyes.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-419.jpgimage-419.jpg
#319 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

This topper looks original but I never seen one with lit eyes.

That would not be an original. The original ones were thin plastic. It looks like the one BAA is selling, but the eyes may be a mod.

#320 10 years ago

Ya, definitely not original.

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I need a pic of someone's topper wiring on the back of the bird and where it plugs in on the board. This topper looks original but I never seen one with lit eyes.

image.jpg 183 KB

image-419.jpg 192 KB

I believe that was the Don Weingarden mod who was also did a Deadworld mod and was somehow wired to be sound activated.

(Link to his Deadworld mod and email - don't know if email still works.)

http://www.iobium.com/judge_dredd_locking_ring_mod.htm

viperrwk

#322 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

image.jpg 183 KB

image-419.jpg 192 KB

I was thinking of doing this mod to mine, but from the looks of it, it seems that the LED's were in there when it was molded, not added afterwards. I would just piggyback the J116 12V circuit, pinballlife sells the molex connectors.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I installed the full superbright LED kit from CT. I really enjoy the way it looks. Glad I didn't go with the ultrabrights or the entry level LEDs. Seems like a good balance. However, the backbox kit is all white bulbs, and I would've gone with colors in hindsight. Plus, red and blue flashers in the police lights on the ramps look very cool.

I'll work on snapping a few shots of the PinballPT side art decals installed by this weekend. Played a little last night and I'm very happy with the pricey investment; $60.

#324 10 years ago

Sorry, was too lazy to take off the glass. But you get the idea
IMG_0074.JPGIMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0071.JPGIMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPGIMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0075.JPGIMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0076.JPGIMG_0076.JPG

#325 10 years ago

Awesome looking machine dfsays. Thx for sharing the pics.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 10 years ago

Those tie in really well. Thanks for the pics.

#327 10 years ago

Is this the proper forum for JD problems or should I post a new thread on the tech forum. I was just thinking we all might be having similar problems.

#328 10 years ago

I know there are a few choices on apron info cards, but I whipped this one up at lunch to match the other that I found here. (Thanks to whomever made the "I am the Law!" card.) - I am also making another set to kinda match the apron itself.. Not sure how good that will look, but worth a lunch break or two.

I will add the high-res JPG file. - It's print ready, and includes both cards. (I haven't uploaded a file here yet, so let me know if there are any size issues.)

Harvs

JDinfo.JPGJDinfo.JPG JDinfoc.jpgJDinfoc.jpg
#329 10 years ago

Has anyone purchased these pursuit plastics, and how did the bending process go for you?
I'm thinking about ordering a couple..but was wondering if the decal should be applied before bending, etc.
I'm also wondering if we could do a bulk order/reship for those of us in the US...to save $$ on shipping.
Dan

ebay.com link: Judge Dredd pinball Flasher assembly replacement plastic

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Has anyone purchased these pursuit plastics, and how did the bending process go for you?
I'm thinking about ordering a couple..but was wondering if the decal should be applied before bending, etc.
I'm also wondering if we could do a bulk order/reship for those of us in the US...to save $$ on shipping.
Dan
ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Pinball Flasher Assembly Replacement Plastic

I just got a set of these already bent. http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-18616.html

#331 10 years ago

PinRob beat me to it.

viperrwk

#332 10 years ago

I was asked if I could add a few more apron cards. Here are 2 others that match the color gradient, yet one that is more like the original. - This file is sized and ready for print.. (Any sizing issues after upload lmk. Or if you want a PSD/photoshop file so you can manipulate it, PM me.)

Again, thanks to the person that made the 'I AM THE LAW' card.

Cheers,
Harvs

JDopt.jpgJDopt.jpg
#333 10 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

I was asked if I could add a few more apron cards. Here are 2 others that match the color gradient, yet one that is more like the original. - This file is sized and ready for print.. (Any sizing issues after upload lmk. Or if you want a PSD/photoshop file so you can manipulate it, PM me.)
Again, thanks to the person that made the 'I AM THE LAW' card.
Cheers,
Harvs

JDopt.jpg 287 KB

Thanks for the different options... I use that original "Law" card so having a matching rule card is great. Nice work.

#334 10 years ago

Ok, I pick up a nicer Dredd then what I had. I noticed on the dead world planet orange ring the new one had holes in it to hold the ball where my old one had slots. Which one is correct? Does it matter? I figured this would be the place to ask.

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Ok, I pick up a nicer Dredd then what I had. I noticed on the dead world planet orange ring the new one had holes in it to hold the ball where my old one had slots. Which one is correct? Does it matter? I figured this would be the place to ask.

Slots = production.

Holes = Deadworld retro mod.

http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1322

viperrwk

#336 10 years ago

So, could I have a prototype or sample game? Besides the different ring, how could I tell? I was going to update the ROM because it was running the original version and giving me an error, but now I'm thinking I have to either live with the error or get a different ring.

#337 10 years ago

The deadworld is a mod that many machines had. The previous owner might as well have installed deadworld mod in the machine.

You should get either the deadworld ROM or replace the ring I believe.

#338 10 years ago

If I upgrade the ROM it won't work with the ring that's on there. I tried switching the ring to my other machine & the crane doesn't grab the ball out of the hole.

#339 10 years ago

Well it seems like you have a deadworld mod installed. That itself isn't anything special.

You can look at what kinds of plastics are on your JD, I believe the prototype had an actual sniper at the sniper tower, where the production just have an aim.

Get back to us with info!

#340 10 years ago

added a red ring to my dead world, much happier with it then the pinkish florescent red it originally had

IMG_20140326_205730.jpgIMG_20140326_205730.jpg

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

added a red ring to my dead world, much happier with it then the pinkish florescent red it originally had

IMG_20140326_205730.jpg 332 KB

where did you get that? Looks cool... Mine is orangeish.

#342 10 years ago

My Eagle has got lit eyes but that was something i modified myself (probably have the purists shouting for my blood), but i think it looks way cool. I've tried various different coloured leds but settled on red cause it just makes the eagle look a little bit more evil Have a look at my games room pics to view it !!

#343 10 years ago

Got a custom card made... image-781.jpgimage-781.jpg

#344 10 years ago

Mine are on the way! Along with one of the last Dirty Harry ramps left that I could find. I have some JD ramps that I have ordered from them in the past. I don't mind paying the shipping especially since our dollar is worth more, and they adjust the price accordingly. I try to consolidate and make sure I get everything thing I need each time though.

#345 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Got a custom card made...

Actually you modded the card I made But glad you like it. Best pic of the Dark Judges IMO

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Actually you modded the card I made But glad you like it. Best pic of the Dark Judges IMO

Oh!! Cool man, I didnt know!!!

#347 10 years ago

Question: Mine is in damn good shape,
the bottom of the ramp where it connects above the slingshot lane gets destroyed in time,
what is a good part to use to protect it?

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Question: Mine is in damn good shape,
the bottom of the ramp where it connects above the slingshot lane gets destroyed in time,
what is a good part to use to protect it?

Cliffy makes a support bracket for this. Mine was fine, but I added his bracket anyway. Now, it should be good forever....

#349 9 years ago

recently rebuilt my upper left flipper, now sometimes when hitting air raid with a nice solid shot makes it bounce back off the wireform of the ramp above. anyone else ever have this problem?

also can someone tell me the size of hardware you used to mount the IBP topper?

#350 9 years ago

double post

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.