IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 97.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Just wanted to put my feelers out there… I have a judge Dredd that is restorable but I could also part out if there is enough interest so if anyone needs parts inbox me and if I get enough interest I’ll just turn it into a parts machine

Ouch! Every game deserves a second life...
"Only you can stop pinball abortion"

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Just wanted to put my feelers out there… I have a judge Dredd that is restorable but I could also part out if there is enough interest so if anyone needs parts inbox me and if I get enough interest I’ll just turn it into a parts machine

Are you willing to ship? I may be interested in a second machine.

#3103 4 years ago

What is the best color ring for the deadworld mod?

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What is the best color ring for the deadworld mod?

I put in the stock fluorescent orange ring but am kinda wishing that I had gone with the fluorescent red one.

FYI, I worked for 2 evenings adjusting the Deadworld mech according to the guides out there and could never get it to work reliably. I had pretty much given up and decided to move on, so one last time I checked the height of the crane, re-tightened every nut, bolt, and screw in the mech then put it through the unload test and IT WORKED. Now after 3 days of non-stop play at the NW Pinball And Arcade Show this weekend I didn't see a lock or unload fail ONCE.

#3105 4 years ago

I’ve added a dead world mod too but what’s the best way to get the bottom of the planet itself out?

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I put in the stock fluorescent orange ring but am kinda wishing that I had gone with the fluorescent red one.
FYI, I worked for 2 evenings adjusting the Deadworld mech according to the guides out there and could never get it to work reliably. I had pretty much given up and decided to move on, so one last time I checked the height of the crane, re-tightened every nut, bolt, and screw in the mech then put it through the unload test and IT WORKED. Now after 3 days of non-stop play at the NW Pinball And Arcade Show this weekend I didn't see a lock or unload fail ONCE.

Congratulation!

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve added a dead world mod too but what’s the best way to get the bottom of the planet itself out?

This should help you out i think.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/40#post-3567647
Think we have been here before, Deja-vu

#3108 4 years ago

Haha! Think so, thanks for reminding me

1 week later
#3109 4 years ago

Just picked up my first ever pin 4 days ago -- a JD of course! Lovin' it -- so many shots and digging the wide body flow. It plays awesome with zero issues. I also just got the dead world mod from pinbits, and it didn't come with any instructions. I did a quick search and couldn't find any decent instructions out there. Can anyone point me to some guidance? I have zero experience working on pins, but I'm also not a total idiot either. Thx!

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

Just picked up my first ever pin 4 days ago -- a JD of course! Lovin' it -- so many shots and digging the wide body flow. It plays awesome with zero issues. I also just got the dead world mod from pinbits, and it didn't come with any instructions. I did a quick search and couldn't find any decent instructions out there. Can anyone point me to some guidance? I have zero experience working on pins, but I'm also not a total idiot either. Thx!

Simply swap the disc you get for the one in the game, moving the stand-offs to the new ring. Install the new ROM, turn the game on and pray. Go to the crane/Dead World tests and tune if needed using this guide:

http://www.iobium.com/tuning_judge_dredd_for_the_locki.htm

I recommend first tightening everything up if it doesn't work right straight away.

#3111 4 years ago

Simply swap the disc you get for the one in the game, moving the stand-offs to the new ring. Install the new ROM, turn the game on and pray. Go to the crane/Dead World tests and tune if needed using this guide:
http://www.iobium.com/tuning_judge_dredd_for_the_locki.htm
I recommend first tightening everything up if it doesn't work right straight away.

OK....maybe I am an idiot. Where does the ROM get installed? From what I can tell, I believe it is in the U6 slot (currently occupied by the "Game PROM Assembly") of the WPC CPU Board Assembly located behind the backglass / light board. Can you confirm? Again, I am new to this and don't want to start yanking things off of the CPU Board unless I am sure that's the way to go. Also, is there a "right side up"? Looks like it could fit one of two ways...

Thx!

#3112 4 years ago

Also, is there a "right side up"? Looks like it could fit one of two ways...

Yep U6 is the correct socketed Rom to change. Most Rom chips (and others) have a slight notch in one end of the chip, as long as you add the new chip in the same way then you're good to go. From memory the notch is on the right hand side but just match where the original is. Care must be taken in removing the Rom also as it's really easy to bend the legs and possibly snap them off. Keep the old Rom as you may want it further down the track. When you go to put the new one in you may need to bend one side of the legs slightly inwards as they usually always are a tad wider than the socket. Easiest way to do this is place the Rom on it's side on a flat surface and GENTLY press down a BIT, this will ensure all the legs are bent evenly and keep them aligned.

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This?[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Davi - I too am looking for the outlane divider that you show in your pic in post #3085 - left side only. I just noticed that one of the tiny brackets that feature the screw hole is not there, causing the ball to bounce a little as it comes into the flipper. Would be easiest to replace it rather than rig something up or try to weld something. Feel free to reply to me privately if you have something you can still sell.

#3114 4 years ago

Hi Davi - I too am looking for the outlane divider that you show in your pic in post #3085 - left side only. I just noticed that one of the tiny brackets that feature the screw hole is not there, causing the ball to bounce a little as it comes into the flipper. Would be easiest to replace it rather than rig something up or try to weld something. Feel free to reply to me privately if you have something you can still sell.

I have a spare, however it's not original, welded. Seems it is a common design issue, like the ball guide at sniper tower.

20190525_190939 (resized).jpg20190525_190939 (resized).jpg
#3115 4 years ago

Yeah, upon tearing my machine down, I found that not only where both of my lower ball guides broken (tabs), but I also had 3 other various guides with the same problem, including the sniper tower guide. Decided to get them all welded rather than look for replacements, so that is being worked on now.

#3116 4 years ago

Is there a demand about plastic sets? I am not talking about the known low quality inkjet version, but a screen printed, high quality full set, including colored, grey and clear plastics. If everything goes well, I may have some sets in the near future.

#3117 4 years ago

Shout out to aeonblack your crane ball drop opto solution is still working awesome mate, absolutely ZERO problems since fixing mine up

#3118 4 years ago

I just bought a plastic set from Pinball Center. Is that the low quality set mentioned before?

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just bought a plastic set from Pinball Center. Is that the low quality set mentioned before?

Yes

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I bought a set of these repros for my Demolition Man from Bay Area Amusements and ended up using the originals on the slings since they have more color saturation and are up front and obvious, and put the new repros everywhere else. It turned out looking good and a bit brighter than the originals.

1 week later
#3121 4 years ago

So, I recently worked on the driver board of my Dredd. It's a Rottendog replacement, and I had a couple of dead transistors. Afterwards, when I got it back together, the popper on the left side(the subway popper) kept going off during play. I was initially concerned that I had fixed one thing on the board while breaking something else, but I decided to look at the mech first and give it a good cleaning in case that was it. One of the wires to the opto was broken, and intermittently making contact, apparently triggering the mechanism. I also noticed that one wire on the coil itself was mostly broken. Resoldering the opto wire fixed the firing, and I resoldered the coil to prevent future problems. It was hard to see that the wire was broken off because the shape of the wire kept it right at the same spot, and if I hadn't given each wire a tug to see if I had problems there, I wouldn't have noticed. Just a heads up to save someone else a little debugging trouble if they see this issue in the future.

#3122 4 years ago

Has anyone ever had an issue where the ball save doesn't turn off in multiball until all 4 judges are defeated? Mine will do this on rare occasion. I have the deadworld mod and using the prototype ROM version L1 since I have a prototype pin. Is this a known bug? Or do I have a hardware problem that could cause this? I can't think of any type of hardware issue that would cause the ball save to stay on. I would think this is a software bug. Or maybe I have a bad ROM?

#3123 4 years ago

Yes I've had that happen on rare occasion. I have new opto boards as well.

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Yes I've had that happen on rare occasion. I have new opto boards as well.

Good to know I'm not the only one. What version ROM do you have?

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

Good to know I'm not the only one. What version ROM do you have?

I dont remember off the top of my head but I do run the Deadworld mod as well. I can check when I get home.

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

I dont remember off the top of my head but I do run the Deadworld mod as well. I can check when I get home.

If you have the deadworld mod your running L1AT unless you have a prototype pin then it would be L1. Curious to know which and if anyone else has this issue.

Thanks.

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Added a ball saver timer adjustment.

From a past post on the revision changes I see this was done in L7.

I wonder if the adjustment made was to fix the issue.

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

From a past post on the revision changes I see this was done in L7.
I wonder if the adjustment made was to fix the issue.

I think the ball save timer was to give it some grace period. I know on L1AT if you drain after the ball shield light is off you're done, but on L7 it has a little more leeway.

Also, I too have seen the "endless multiball" on L1AT.

#3129 4 years ago

Hi, my Judge Dredd pinball lose strength on the flippers when the planet start turn around. Any idea to solve the problem? thanks!

2 weeks later
#3130 4 years ago

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has a spare clear deadworld top ring plastic for sale? Preferably in Aus

97B6EBE8-6C23-4C72-B9F7-0BB1CEF13D9D (resized).jpeg97B6EBE8-6C23-4C72-B9F7-0BB1CEF13D9D (resized).jpeg
#3131 4 years ago

I just added a Deadworld Mod into my JD and have a couple of questions
#1. If there is a ball locked into the ring, the 2nd ball sometimes tries to lock another ball into the same spot, thereby bouncing off the already locked ball onto the play field. Is there a way to avoid this?
#2 if the game ends with a ball locked then the ball stays there for the next game. Is there a way to have the balls clear out of the lock for each game?
Thanks JD owners

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

#1. If there is a ball locked into the ring, the 2nd ball sometimes tries to lock another ball into the same spot, thereby bouncing off the already locked ball onto the play field. Is there a way to avoid this?
#2 if the game ends with a ball locked then the ball stays there for the next game. Is there a way to have the balls clear out of the lock for each game?
Thanks JD owners

1) The ring is constantly spinning during the lock phase, so you're going to get that from time to time. No issue really

2) Aside from manually clearing the ring in settings, I have not found a way to clear the balls after each play though.

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks JD owners

#1. Mine has never bounded onto the playfield. It will always just get pushed back a little while the locked ball goes by and then it will lock into the next hole.
#2. There is not a way to automatically clear the locks after a game.

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

Mine has never bounded onto the playfield. It will always just get pushed back a little while the locked ball goes by and then it will lock into the next hole.

Same with mine... take a pic of yours allsportdvd wondering if you are missing the metal guide at the end?

#3135 4 years ago

Not missing the metal guide but found that the balls were actually going under it adjusted it by bending it inwards and problem seems to be solved

#3136 4 years ago

Next question is does anyone have any advice on cleaning the drop targets? Mine are a bit sticky on the way down. Do you add any lubrications?

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Next question is does anyone have any advice on cleaning the drop targets? Mine are a bit sticky on the way down. Do you add any lubrications?

Do you have any decals on them? and if so are they the full length type? If none, you may need to remove the target bank, give it a good clean and perhaps change over the return springs.

#3138 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Do you have any decals on them? and if so are they the full length type? If none, you may need to remove the target bank, give it a good clean and perhaps change over the return springs.

Yes I have the decals, they sit on the upper part only. Maybe getting new springs will help. I’ll have to order those from somewhere local to me

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes I have the decals, they sit on the upper part only. Maybe getting new springs will help. I’ll have to order those from somewhere local to me

Springs may help some but the real issue is with the half length decals. Get those replaced and you’ll then know for sure if you need new springs.

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Have you ever pulled the mech out and completely cleaned everything? There should be no lubrication on any part of it. As long as it is clean it should work smoothly and reliably.

#3141 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Springs may help some but the real issue is with the half length decals. Get those replaced and you’ll then know for sure if you need new springs.

100% agreed . had short decals supplied (thanks had parts supplied (thanks for real) to add to decal to make full length , never a problem since . and yes ,dry assembled

#3142 4 years ago

My drops go down fine when struck by the ball, but the center "D" has a hard time dropping when actuated by the smaller coil during multiball jackpot and safe cracker. Sometimes it will drop and others the coil will just fire over and over until the mode is over or the "D" drops from the ball.

#3143 4 years ago

Here a small video of my Dredd pinball:
- Self made cooling towers with led;
- Deadworld Mod
- Spotlight + full led conversion

#3144 4 years ago

After a timely tune up and deliberation...
Mine ended up at a bar in downtown Jacksonville FL.
20190721_151521 (resized).jpg20190721_151521 (resized).jpg20190721_151205 (resized).jpg20190721_151205 (resized).jpg20190721_153228 (resized).jpg20190721_153228 (resized).jpg

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Here a small video of my Dredd pinball:
- Self made cooling towers with led;
- Deadworld Mod
- Spotlight + full led conversion

Way cool cooling towers. What parts did you use?

#3146 4 years ago

Way cool cooling towers. What parts did you use?

cooling reactor from thingiverse;
cooling reactor support designed by me;
led MATRIX 4 SMD 6.3V POST LIGHT green

The support is necessary to hide cables and increase the height of the 3d reactor to avoid ball collision during launch.

I add some photo.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

The support is necessary to hide cables and increase the height of the 3d reactor to avoid ball collision during launch.
I add some photo.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you considered making and selling a batch or 2 of these? I would be first in line with cash in hand! That looks GREAT!!!

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Have you considered making and selling a batch or 2 of these? I would be first in line with cash in hand! That looks GREAT!!!

I second this. I would be down for a set of these reactors. They look amazing.

#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

I add some photo.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does the reactor mod impede the view of the captive balls?

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Does the reactor mod impede the view of the captive balls?

If you look at his video in post 3143, the captive balls are all in plain view. I think this is the best nuke mod I have seen for a JD! Awesome work!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/63?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.