IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 97.
#3051 4 years ago

Judge Dredd

Game ROM Revision History

Provided by: Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Web: www.actionpinball.com
--------------------------------------------

Version L-7
Date: January 6, 1994
U6: Checksum: 9A07

Changes from revision L-6:

Fixed pricing for Italy buy-in.

Improved the ball shooter logic -- left and right.

Fixed the SuperGame replay level calculation.

Added a ball saver timer adjustment.

Added coin door interlock message.

NOTE: To use Custom Pricing on this game, you must set the
dipswitches on the CPU board to Export (1-5 off, 6 on, 7 off, 8 on)

Version L-6
Date: October 12, 1993
U6: Checksum: 1906

Changes from revision L-5:

Changed "lock ball" message due to rule change.

Changed USA default pricing from $0.50 to 6/$2

Fixed planet test switch number.

Switch 28 (not used) no longer shows up in test report.

Increased delays between firing of certain coils to reduce
stress on the coil fuse.

Version L-5
Date: September 27, 1993
U6: Checksum: 2D05

Changes from revision L-4:

Added audits on left and right drains.

Left ramp enter switch no longer reports errors.

Improved right ball shooter logic.

Version L-4
Date: September 8, 1993
U6: Checksum: 5004

Changes from revision L-3:

USA pricing fix.

Version L-3
Date: August 30, 1993
U6: Checksum: 5103

Changes from revision L-2:

German pricing fix.

Version L-2
Date: August 25, 1993
U6: Checksum: 5702

Changes from revision L-1:

Balls are no longer locked on planet ring.

Version L-1
Date: August 18, 1993
U6: Checksum: 5702

Initial release for production.

#3052 4 years ago

doing a bit more to dredd today . getting there . I'll have to see what ROM is in it !!!

IMG_0727 (resized).JPGIMG_0727 (resized).JPGIMG_0728 (resized).JPGIMG_0728 (resized).JPGIMG_0730 (resized).JPGIMG_0730 (resized).JPGIMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0732 (resized).JPGIMG_0732 (resized).JPGIMG_0733 (resized).JPGIMG_0733 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3053 4 years ago

Looks great trumpy, wild guess based on username, the bike is a triumph?

#3054 4 years ago

Seeing those decals got me thinking... I have perfect original side graphics on Dredd, not a scratch or mark on them, except that they are faded as they can get. Like no green or red, all yellow.
Do people ever try to airbrush the color back in?

#3055 4 years ago

Hey guys, new judge dredd owner here and just wanna know if anyone could help me get to the bottom of my issues so I can get my game up and going. I had started a post over here with some of my issues. Thanks in advance. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-fuse-issues#post-4968828

#3056 4 years ago

Cleaning and shopping my Dredd and have come to the planet assembly. The rings are easy enough to take apart but how do I pull the top half of the planet apart? I've tried squeezing and twisting but I don't want to force it. Any advice? I assume there are couple of snap-tabs?

#3057 4 years ago

Just carefully unscrew it counter clockwise while holding the lower half in place

#3058 4 years ago

It threads like a jar on some very delicate threads... but I bet someone glued it.

#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Just carefully unscrew it counter clockwise while holding the lower half in place

Quoted from gunstarhero:

but I bet someone glued it.

Thanks, guys. Yes, someone glued it. I was able to get it off in one piece with no damage, Assuming the glue filled in any fine threads that there are I will likely need to tack-glue it back in place.

#3060 4 years ago

Now to the next issue on this shop job - There are a total of 6 posts behind the JUDGE drops. The manual and all pictures I can find show only 4. I have 4 posts with rubber sleeves & 2 with double rings on them instead of only the double 1-1/2" rings between the 2 outer posts, which I will change. Does anyone else have the 6 posts? Here's a pic:

Dredd Drop Posts (resized).JPGDredd Drop Posts (resized).JPG

#3061 4 years ago

That’s a hack, there a bunch of shopout pics already available here https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/judge-dredd/gallery
146DE97E-388B-40D7-9E2F-62C2CE7AE049 (resized).jpeg146DE97E-388B-40D7-9E2F-62C2CE7AE049 (resized).jpeg

#3062 4 years ago

Now to the next issue on this shop job

use double posts to take 2 rubbers to help avoid airballs off targets

#3063 4 years ago

Thanks, PinRob & trumpy . Figured it was a hack. I never noticed the game shop-out gallery links, those will really help. Never enough photos.

#3064 4 years ago

I finally cracked one billion and it feels so good. It probably took me about a billion games, but I'm here to tell the average Joe to stick to his/her dreams and good things can happen.

Still trying to get that Judge Death Jackpot, though. I've had it lit several times but just can't close the deal. I suck at multiball and the Jackpot on JD has got to be one of the harder ones.

#3065 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Now to the next issue on this shop job - There are a total of 6 posts behind the JUDGE drops. The manual and all pictures I can find show only 4. I have 4 posts with rubber sleeves & 2 with double rings on them instead of only the double 1-1/2" rings between the 2 outer posts, which I will change. Does anyone else have the 6 posts? Here's a pic:
[quoted image]

I added Data East mini black post buffers to the two metal posts in order to help beef up
the posts and rubber rings from all the ball hits...

#3066 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I added Data East mini black post buffers to the two metal posts in order to help beef up

Can you add a picture? Rubber rings don't last very long in the subway on my machine.

#3067 4 years ago

What's one change that you think could be an improvement to an existing JD mode?

I think "Blackout" would be improved if the question mark switch was an "add a ball" instead of the bonus 10m jackpot.

#3068 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

What's one change that you think could be an improvement to an existing JD mode?
I think "Blackout" would be improved if the question mark switch was an "add a ball" instead of the bonus 10m jackpot.

Yeah my understanding is Blackout was supposed to do more than it does.

#3069 4 years ago

Brand new dredd owner here, glad to join the club!

IMG_20190511_155641_028 (resized).jpgIMG_20190511_155641_028 (resized).jpg
#3070 4 years ago

Welcome to MEGA CITY ONE. Now you are THE LAW.

#3071 4 years ago

Welcome and congrats!! Looks great and your cabinet looks WAY better than mine. All yours needs is a ColorDMD and the sniper tower mod!

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Quoted from KenM:

Can you add a picture? Rubber rings don't last very long in the subway on my machine.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-5151

#3073 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Welcome and congrats!! Looks great and your cabinet looks WAY better than mine. All yours needs is a ColorDMD and the sniper tower mod!

Thanks! The cabinet really is super clean! I definitely would like to do a colorDMD in the future and I'll have to look into the sniper tower mod.

20190512_184756 (resized).jpg20190512_184756 (resized).jpg
#3074 4 years ago

They are sold right here on Pinside and look great!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

and

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread

And you cant go wrong with the ColorDMD for JD. They did an awesome job on it and it just adds so much to the display.

#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

Brand new dredd owner here, glad to join the club!
[quoted image]

Ours still 'holds it own' setting next to our newer pins. After a couple of years, it still gets played as much as the others.

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Ours still 'holds it own' setting next to our newer pins. After a couple of years, it still gets played as much as the others.

That's great to know! I don't plan on getting rid of this one anytime soon

#3077 4 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

That's great to know! I don't plan on getting rid of this one anytime soon

Forgot to add in my prior post...add a powered sub! It sounds great! Don't need much - 8" is fine.

#3078 4 years ago

Anyone know of a source where I can find the lower right and left metal ball guides next to the lower flippers? A search of the usual suspects met with negative results.

I finally started my long procrastinated tear down and restoration of my JD and as I started tearing into it, I noticed that both of my lower ball guides are broken where the screw down tabs meet the guides. I can probably get these ones welded, but if anyone knows of a source, I would rather get new ones that are not compromised. I never noticed the breaks before but every tab with a 90 bend on each side is broken and the guides have quite a bit of play in them when you get near the flippers.

#3079 4 years ago

Still looking for the lower 2 ball guides by the flippers... Any ideas?

On a side note, I posted a request to consider reproducing the JD ramps which are next to impossible to find. He says he will consider it when he is less busy. So if others jump on this one, we may finally be able to get some brand new ramps made! Anyone potentially wanting some new ramps may want to voice their wishes here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/64#post-5005597

#3080 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Still looking for the lower 2 ball guides by the flippers... Any ideas?
On a side note, I posted a request to consider reproducing the JD ramps which are next to impossible to find. He says he will consider it when he is less busy. So if others jump on this one, we may finally be able to get some brand new ramps made! Anyone potentially wanting some new ramps may want to voice their wishes here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/64#post-5005597

Please post pics. I may have surplus metal parts.

#3081 4 years ago

I am not at home right now, but going through my older photos, it is these 2 guides that separate the inlanes from the outlanes and edge up to the flippers...

lt guide (resized).jpglt guide (resized).jpgrt guide (resized).jpgrt guide (resized).jpg
#3082 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

On a side note, I posted a request to consider reproducing the JD ramps which are next to impossible to find. He says he will consider it when he is less busy. So if others jump on this one, we may finally be able to get some brand new ramps made! Anyone potentially wanting some new ramps may want to voice their wishes here:

Unfortunately with his current setup the main larger JD ramps are way too big to create
PSPA over here has the right ramp though!
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ramps/a-17231.html

#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Unfortunately with his current setup the main larger JD ramps are way too big to create
PSPA over here has the right ramp though!
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ramps/a-17231.html

Yeah, I actually bought a large ramp from PSPA a couple of years ago and plan to install it during my restoration. But the other 3 ramps are just about impossible to find and I'm hoping he will make a run of those.

#3084 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm surprised that no one else has tried to create ramps that are modular instead of one piece. It seems like a no brainer in terms of long term maintenance, shipping(no more massive oversized boxes for a ramp) and would be easier to make with the many vacuum form kits I see floating around.

#3085 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I am not at home right now, but going through my older photos, it is these 2 guides that separate the inlanes from the outlanes and edge up to the flippers...[quoted image][quoted image]

This?

IMG-08ddaa647d2302dd71ec5979b5d9be81-V (resized).jpgIMG-08ddaa647d2302dd71ec5979b5d9be81-V (resized).jpgIMG-631bdf35f22d25de8513e3d23f8bffe6-V (resized).jpgIMG-631bdf35f22d25de8513e3d23f8bffe6-V (resized).jpg
#3086 4 years ago

Those are the ones!! Ill send you a PM.

#3087 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I'm surprised that no one else has tried to create ramps that are modular instead of one piece. It seems like a no brainer in terms of long term maintenance, shipping(no more massive oversized boxes for a ramp) and would be easier to make with the many vacuum form kits I see floating around.

would you put a 3pce ramp in your game . there would have to be zero other options for me

#3088 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Been looking for one for a while. Couldn't be happier.

20190524_113909 (resized).jpg20190524_113909 (resized).jpg
#3089 4 years ago

Welcome to the club! Great looking pin! Did you do that yourself?

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

would you put a 3pce ramp in your game . there would have to be zero other options for me

Sure. I'm designing one for one of my project games right now. Why would I care if it were modular?

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Welcome to the club! Great looking pin! Did you do that yourself?

I did not. Been in the hobby for about 4-5 years and used to do all my own work on machines. I now have a 3 year old son with special needs and my spare time to work on machines has disappeared. I realized this spring that my 2 older bally machines that I was "working on" hadn't been touched in almost a year. That is when I decided to sell my project machines and just focus on playing pinball with the kids. Now I say "lets go downstairs and play pinball," instead of "leave dad alone so I can work on pinball." Just a case of time being more valuable than money.
Anyway, to get around to actually answering your question, this JD was done by Topscore Gamerooms in Festus, MO (outside St. Louis) and I couldn't be happier.
20190411_165455 (resized).jpg20190411_165455 (resized).jpg

#3092 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Sure. I'm designing one for one of my project games right now. Why would I care if it were modular?

obviously not planning on selling them then(machine) . all that effort into the incorrect part, you've got more time than me. good luck

#3093 4 years ago

And even if was planning on selling them, an available modular part is still much better then an unavailable single-piece.
Aside from all the benefits regarding shipping and just replacing the broken bit if necessary..

#3094 4 years ago

Other games use multi piece ramps. As long as the performance was up to the original standard and it’s not an eyesore, I wouldn’t be opposed.

#3095 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

And even if was planning on selling them, an available modular part is still much better then an unavailable single-piece.
Aside from all the benefits regarding shipping and just replacing the broken bit if necessary..

mmmmm , good point .available=smiles , unavailable = tears

#3096 4 years ago

New member here, looking for help. Can someone please send me some good high resolution pictures about bottom side of populated playfield? I would like to restore a JD, however the bottom side of playfield is almost empty... Please contact me in PM.

Thanks in advance!

#3097 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

obviously not planning on selling them then(machine) . all that effort into the incorrect part, you've got more time than me. good luck

Versus selling a broken pin that can't play at all, or some atrocious looking bondo mess that looks like a total hack? I put all sorts of "incorrect" parts on machines to make them run better(converting Sys6 flippers to fliptronic style, subwoofers, repo guides, etc) or keep them from wearing(playfield protectors, Cliffys, etc). Luckily for you, no one is going to force you to buy one of my machines or install anything I work on. The custom Scared Stiff I'm building would really bug the hell out of you...

#3098 4 years ago

yep . and

#3099 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

New member here, looking for help. Can someone please send me some good high resolution pictures about bottom side of populated playfield? I would like to restore a JD, however the bottom side of playfield is almost empty... Please contact me in PM.
Thanks in advance!

Many thanks for quick help!
trumpy
@mbwalker

#3100 4 years ago

Just wanted to put my feelers out there… I have a judge Dredd that is restorable but I could also part out if there is enough interest so if anyone needs parts inbox me and if I get enough interest I’ll just turn it into a parts machine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.