IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
There are 4,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 98.
#3001 5 years ago

Is this where it goes? Hard to tell from the pics.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3002 5 years ago

Here's a zoom out and PM incoming.

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg
#3003 5 years ago

Ah...OK. Thanks for the zoomed in pics. Looking at mine, I think you are OK on the one connector. Or mine has the same kludge.

P.S. Might want to zip tie the green ground wires away from the rail, they might get sliced.

#3004 5 years ago

And the 2nd mystery wire...looks like you are OK too. My JD below.

#3005 5 years ago

Thank you so much!

I just jumpered my three bank to my tilt and got the remainder of my column one switches back. I also see that the previous owner had to do something similar for some switches on columns 1 and 2.

Now switches 51-54 are out. None of this makes much sense. It's like the signal is jut dropping from half of the columns and I can't find where the break is. It doesn't look like the past owner could either. It seems so odd to have so may columns that need to be jumpered.

#3006 5 years ago

One day im going to install these.

20190308_175531 (resized).jpg20190308_175531 (resized).jpg20190308_180028 (resized).jpg20190308_180028 (resized).jpg
#3007 5 years ago

Those are pretty sick!

#3008 5 years ago

Just got me a Judge Dredd yesterday! Plays perfectly, just need to brighten it up a bit.

jd (resized).jpgjd (resized).jpg
#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

Just got me a Judge Dredd yesterday! Plays perfectly, just need to brighten it up a bit.
[quoted image]

Welcome to MEGA CITY ONE. There is only one law here... THE JUDGES. And the greatest of all JUDGES is known as JUDGE DREDD.

#3010 5 years ago

going to clearcoat playfield . does anyone know where I can get insert decals for up around the sniper tower.thanks in advance I hope

IMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPG
#3011 5 years ago

@trumpy pictures show what appears to be factory mylar on the pf. Is this correct? I am cleaning one and mine has a patchwork of mylar pieces on the lower part of the playfield but there doesn't appear to be any on the rest of the pf. I plan on removing these because they have lifted in places and are collecting dirt. Since this machine is going to be home use now I don't plan on replacing the mylar but I will install Cliffy roll-over switch protectors.

IMG_5883 (resized).jpgIMG_5883 (resized).jpgIMG_5884 (resized).jpgIMG_5884 (resized).jpg

#3012 5 years ago

trumpy pictures show what appears to be factory mylar on the pf. Is this correct?
[quoted image][quoted image]</blo by the look it has been trimmed with a blade AFTER it was fitted to playfield . definatly not factory!!the one big piece I got out iaround sniper tower , a piece covering the rocket and explosion in the left kickback lane , and a 3/4" circle where the ball drops out of end of wire ramps x 3 were my pieces of mylar . no idea if they are factory or not , but see how neat they are being machine cut . I managed to get mine off without removing insert paint . so stoked. some you do , some you don't , even with my magic NILTAC . This stuff is the best , and no silicone, or at least it cleans off and doesn't affect clearcoat.

IMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0675 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0675 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0679 (resized).JPGIMG_0679 (resized).JPGIMG_0680 (resized).JPGIMG_0680 (resized).JPG

#3013 5 years ago

Hey trumpy , your response above was treated like a quote, can you make it so it's readable, please?

#3014 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey trumpy , your response above was treated like a quote, can you make it so it's readable, please?

it looks as if mylar has been trimmed afterfitting to pf . I don't think its factory . I had mylar around sniper tower , a piece covering rocket and explosion and 3 x 3/4" circles where ball drops to playfield from wire ramps. I don't know if they are factory or not , but at least they are machine cut with smooth edres . I managed to remove my sniper mylar without lifting insert paint . NILTAC TO THE RESCUE. IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE THAT

IMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0675 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0675 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0678 (resized).JPGIMG_0678 (resized).JPGIMG_0679 (resized).JPGIMG_0679 (resized).JPGIMG_0680 (resized).JPGIMG_0680 (resized).JPG
#3015 5 years ago

I have 2 PF's and both had the mylar as described

#3016 5 years ago

Remember JD owners the game has leftover opto/wire connectors from the sample game
to the production game.
Omitted were the ramp optos and such.

#3017 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Remember JD owners the game has leftover opto/wire connectors from the sample game
to the production game.
Omitted were the ramp optos and such.

Yeah, found that out when taking one in and finding a couple of rando sets or wires underneath.

#3018 5 years ago

Put a fluorescent orange locking ring in and some blue LEDs in the globe. Might try a blue locking ring I have also but I believe it won’t be as noticeable as the orange. Opto 75 went out and went to replace it and it turned out just to be a wire that came off, easy fix there as 75 opto is kinda buried down low. Going to be changing most of the GI illumination to Comet frosted twin 2835’s (2 SMD) in natural white.

57F2937B-2D6F-4107-9800-8646B71F83BF (resized).jpeg57F2937B-2D6F-4107-9800-8646B71F83BF (resized).jpeg9D48675D-9808-4B1E-8B17-057A6035B81F (resized).jpeg9D48675D-9808-4B1E-8B17-057A6035B81F (resized).jpeg

#3019 5 years ago

In case anyone is looking, as of 3/26/19, there are a few "NOS Bally Judge Dredd Decal Set. Set of 9 Decals. Part #31-1795-1 through 9" on eBay for $24.95 plus S/H.

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

In case anyone is looking, as of 3/26/19, there are a few "NOS Bally Judge Dredd Decal Set. Set of 9 Decals. Part #31-1795-1 through 9" on eBay for $24.95 plus S/H.

Thanks!! Just got the last set. I appreciate it!

#3021 5 years ago

Glad to help! Looks like he posted a few more sets as of 28 March, 2019 ("NOS Bally Judge Dredd Decal Set. Set of 9 Decals. Part #31-1795-1 through 9" on eBay for $24.95 plus S/H).

#3022 5 years ago

Thanks nipper2u for the info. Much appreciated.

1 week later
#3023 5 years ago

I’m about the join the club, very excited. I need a new translite if anyone has a lead. Also is the mustard coloured topper or shiny gold more popular?

#3024 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m about the join the club, very excited. I need a new translite if anyone has a lead. Also is the mustard coloured topper or shiny gold more popular?

I got the shiny gold. Mustard looks... cheap.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I've had both before, definitely lean closer to the shiny one BUT mod the eye holes with LED's

#3026 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've had both before, definitely lean closer to the shiny one BUT mod the eye holes with LED's

Good idea! Nice...

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I also say shiny... and I got a 2nd translite here on Pinside due to my original having some scratches. It's pretty good and really lights up nice...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/01763-judge-dredd-translite

#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Definitely the shiny one.

2019-04-07 09.53.03.jpg2019-04-07 09.53.03.jpg
#3029 5 years ago

If you’re going for OEM spec, dull. But if you want it to look awesome, shiny all day.

#3030 5 years ago

If your going for what they originally had planned to make for the finish on the eagle then shiny is your answer. They went with the dull finish to cut down on the production costs. I have shiny and believe it’s way better compared to the dull spicy mustard color one.

#3031 5 years ago

Thanks people looks like its shiny then! Now to find one that can ship to Australia at a reasonable price

#3032 5 years ago

RTBB has them

Edit: my bad not in stock ,they have mustard ones only

#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from T2S88:

RTBB has them
Edit: my bad not in stock ,they have mustard ones only

Already contacted RTBB, eta is 4 weeks on the gold.

#3034 5 years ago

I've got the 'dull' gold one. I like it as I assume it would be more authentic to the one on the Judges' uniform.

#3035 5 years ago

New member here!! I love it!!
Any must-have mods??

#3036 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

New member here!! I love it!!
Any must-have mods??

Yes! The JUDGE stickers for the drops. They look so weird and blank without them.

The locking ball ring mod is cool (and original) but the game is pretty much better without it (and with the L7 rom) IMO. Still if you like mods it’s the big one for this game.

There are a couple popular cosmetic add ons like the crane upgrade you see a lot and the sniper tower, but that’s more up to you.

We did a light strip under the crane plastic on my game and I think it looks pretty cool.

#3037 5 years ago

Yes! The JUDGE stickers for the drops. They look so weird and blank without them.

when i have used stickers on drop targets they seem to get stuck 1/2 way down . how do you stop this happening??

#3038 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

when i have used stickers on drop targets they seem to get stuck 1/2 way down . how do you stop this happening??

Most of the JD target decals i've seen are full length (height) of the target so they don't get caught up on the edge of the PF.

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Most of the JD target decals i've seen are full length (height) of the target so they don't get caught up on the edge of the PF.

not catching on p/f , catching on black plastic strip on target unit

#3040 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

not catching on p/f , catching on black plastic strip on target unit

On my first Dredd they would hang up sometimes... but I just kinda threw them on with the drops in the game, and did no adjustments at all. I do think they were rubbing the edge of the PF.

On my current Dredd they work great and don’t hang up at all... but I removed the drops and replaced the targets and the guide (the black strip) at the same time, and I actually adjusted them... so I’d imagine that made all the difference.

#3041 5 years ago

JUST FINISHED MY NEW CABINET DECALS .

IMG_0697 (resized).JPGIMG_0697 (resized).JPG
#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

[quoted image]

Wow! Wheels look so...real!

#3043 5 years ago

Hahaha, that pic is awesome!

Labels look really good too.

#3044 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

[quoted image]

Nice work. I have used the colored plastic cabinet protectors in the past and they wrinkled the decals. I now use the metal ones that hide beneath the leg, similar to what Stern uses. They are very easy to install and look nice and clean.

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

535-0599-00_300x184 (resized).jpg535-0599-00_300x184 (resized).jpg

#3045 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got the shiny gold. Mustard looks... cheap.

Mustard topper looks original.

#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks people looks like its shiny then! Now to find one that can ship to Australia at a reasonable price

Haven't looked lately, but I suspect that the original dull topper might be harder to find. Probably only get from a parted out machine?

#3047 5 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Haven't looked lately, but I suspect that the original dull topper might be harder to find. Probably only get from a parted out machine?

They remade them. The color match isn't EXACT, but it's close.

The shiny just looks SO NICE tho.

#3048 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The locking ball ring mod is cool (and original) but the game is pretty much better without it (and with the L7 rom) IMO. Still if you like mods it’s the big one for this game.
There are a couple popular cosmetic add ons like the crane upgrade you see a lot and the sniper tower, but that’s more up to you.
We did a light strip under the crane plastic on my game and I think it looks pretty cool.

What are the differences between the L7 rom and the deadworld ROM?

#3049 5 years ago

So the deadworld ROM (L1AT) is an non coin ROM that was modified to allow the deadworld to work without the extra optos you find in early games that actually had the deadworld.

L7 is the final production ROM and has various fixes and enhancements. I can’t point by point them sadly, but one I notice for sure is that the ball saver timer on L1AT is over before the voice finishes saying it is but on L7 you get a little grace period time. Also of course it’s virtual locks rather than the physical lock. As a result you can punch the ramp with three quick shots to start Multiball rather than have the game divert it and it go to the ring until you start Multiball then you get a little time while the crane fishes them out and drops them back into play.

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

So the deadworld ROM (L1AT) is an non coin ROM that was modified to allow the deadworld to work without the extra optos you find in early games that actually had the deadworld.
L7 is the final production ROM and has various fixes and enhancements. I can’t point by point them sadly, but one I notice for sure is that the ball saver timer on L1AT is over before the voice finishes saying it is but on L7 you get a little grace period time. Also of course it’s virtual locks rather than the physical lock. As a result you can punch the ramp with three quick shots to start Multiball rather than have the game divert it and it go to the ring until you start Multiball then you get a little time while the crane fishes them out and drops them back into play.

Also, the kickback is less powerful to divert the breaking of the drop targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/61?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.