IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

There are 4,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 97.
#2951 5 years ago

I have two original translites used, only interested in selling to Continental US.

7E489CDC-AF8D-4C9B-868F-913E29616430 (resized).jpeg7E489CDC-AF8D-4C9B-868F-913E29616430 (resized).jpeg30E51333-7268-479A-B82A-EADB00ABCD73 (resized).jpeg30E51333-7268-479A-B82A-EADB00ABCD73 (resized).jpeg2E01C57E-B60C-4E2A-B558-14A6322D9D64 (resized).jpeg2E01C57E-B60C-4E2A-B558-14A6322D9D64 (resized).jpegE65BBD75-9936-4E67-A0EB-00BE012261AE (resized).jpegE65BBD75-9936-4E67-A0EB-00BE012261AE (resized).jpeg
Added over 5 years ago:

Sold

#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

congrats!
Would score a sniper tower mod. Easy install, well constructed and looks awesome, IMO. Fella that makes them delivers it fast to you with your choice of color and follows this thread ( medisinyl ).
Other than that, some side blade art from Pingraffix, and with the above, sounds like you'll have a hell of a game!

Glad you're enjoying the mod, and I appreciate the suggestion

Adding the link here to make it a bit easier in case there's interest.

Shop link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

Mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread

#2953 5 years ago

Also have a set of cab decals for anyone in the Continental US

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74998

4ED6857F-839F-462E-B4A7-AEBB3C5A0A37 (resized).jpeg4ED6857F-839F-462E-B4A7-AEBB3C5A0A37 (resized).jpeg
#2954 5 years ago

My recommended mods would be, after proper maintenance/clean up:
1. ColorDMD
2. Pinstadiums
3. Sub
4. OCDLED boards (w/correct LED bulbs)

I am sure there have been other things I have done, but these come to mind first. Also, check connections in the back box. I had a few plugs that were wrong, messing with proper lights and optos functions.

Congrats and take time to enjoy the whole process of ownership!

#2955 5 years ago

My recommended mods would be, after proper maintenance/clean up:
1. ColorDMD
3. Sub
4. OCDLED boards (w/correct LED bulbs)
5. GIOCD board is a must for the proper dimming affect

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Hey owners.
I'm looking for popper assembly a-16580 (left side VUK).
Thanks

Found one

#2957 5 years ago

I have a weird issue that I hope someone can help me resolve with my JD.

Whenever the left "missile" plunger activates, my left lower flipper loses power momentarily. I have no issues with the flipper otherwise.

I checked to see if the plunger was hitting the flipper opto (they are very close but are not touching). I even raised the playfield to make sure but flipper was not touching but it still loses power when missile plunger activates.

Wiring seems all correct. Checked schematics for any intersect points between the 2 devices but didn't notice any.

I'm thinking a spike in power on that line is somehow killing the power to both my hold and power windings in my coil or it is causing the opto in my flipper button to turn off (simulating releasing the button)...

My next step is changing the opto on my flipper board maybe it is weak.... unless any of you have better ideas?

Thanks for any help.

#2958 5 years ago

Do any other flippers lose power then?

#2959 5 years ago

No. Just the lower left.

#2960 5 years ago

Depending on how your optos and flippers are wired it might really be the vibration of the coil messing with the opto. The left board on JD is a unique one with a metal interruptor. If the flipper that loses power is the one triggered last when slowly pressing the button in, you might want to try bending the metal piece tiny bit out of the opto so it triggers a little earlier. Or rewire the optos so that the lower flippers fire first and the uppers 2nd (thats the way I like better)..

Apart from that crosstalk from the shooter coil return to your flipper coil wiring comes to mind, but I doubt that would have a really noticeable effect. Maybe if the diode on the shooter coil was bad, but that would probably have fried the coil driver by now..

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

No. Just the lower left.

Can you snap a pic of the lower left flipper board inside cabinet?

#2962 5 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Depending on how your optos and flippers are wired it might really be the vibration of the coil messing with the opto. The left board on JD is a unique one with a metal interruptor. If the flipper that loses power is the one triggered last when slowly pressing the button in, you might want to try bending the metal piece tiny bit out of the opto so it triggers a little earlier. Or rewire the optos so that the lower flippers fire first and the uppers 2nd (thats the way I like better)..
Apart from that crosstalk from the shooter coil return to your flipper coil wiring comes to mind, but I doubt that would have a really noticeable effect. Maybe if the diode on the shooter coil was bad, but that would probably have fried the coil driver by now..

Thanks for replying. Not vibration as I lifted the playfield away from the Opto board and tried it. The lower left fires first and then the upper left... My left shooter coil does not have a diode. Although I don't think many of those smaller coils are supposed to have them, am I wrong?

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Can you snap a pic of the lower left flipper board inside cabinet?

It's really tight in there with that extra fire button. I will probably have to pull it out to get a good pic. Will try to get a shot of it this weekend.

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

It's really tight in there with that extra fire button. I will probably have to pull it out to get a good pic. Will try to get a shot of it this weekend.

Was hoping for a pic straight down with it in the machine. Curious as to how it compares to mine in setup / orientation

#2965 5 years ago

Thanks to PinRob for a good deal on some nice parts and a smooth transaction.

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Thanks to PinRob for a good deal on some nice parts and a smooth transaction.

Hey, thanks Man! I still have the cabinet decal set in the marketplace. And soon I’ll list a bunch more stuff, like planet motors, playfield plastics, planet ring locking fluorescent, complete crane assembly, and more.

#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hey, thanks Man! I still have the cabinet decal set in the marketplace. And soon I’ll list a bunch more stuff, like planet motors, playfield plastics, planet ring locking fluorescent, complete crane assembly, and more.

Oh, you have plastics? I need the one over the “advance crime scene” targets.

042B2AD6-94FB-4370-B95B-C30F635A9529 (resized).png042B2AD6-94FB-4370-B95B-C30F635A9529 (resized).png

1 week later
#2968 5 years ago

Anyone have a broken planet assembly that they would be willing to part with? I'm looking for the shaft part. Don't care about the gears.

#2969 5 years ago

Swapped out my UV green Deadworld mod for UV red, can't decide which I like better! The red certainly pops more with the UV!

IMG_20190227_224608 (resized).jpgIMG_20190227_224608 (resized).jpg
#2970 5 years ago

Out of curiosity, if there was a simple, cheap part to spin the deadworld ring but leaves the center part of the planet stationary, would you take that over a more expensive gearbox fix?

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone have a broken planet assembly that they would be willing to part with? I'm looking for the shaft part. Don't care about the gears.

What are you looking at spending, curious as I have a few but paid $$ for one and $$$ for the other

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Out of curiosity, if there was a simple, cheap part to spin the deadworld ring but leaves the center part of the planet stationary, would you take that over a more expensive gearbox fix?

And no to that, it just way to cool how they spin in opposite directions

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What are you looking at spending, curious as I have a few but paid $$ for one and $$$ for the other

Oh, I'm not looking at buying one. I have two broken ones, and I was looking at creating a simple stepper motor version. I was just curious what other people thought was more important, a cheap method of spinning the ring reliably or having the opposing spins.

1 week later
#2974 5 years ago

New JD owner here curious at what setup you folks recommend for flipper travel. The flippers on my unit are strong, but unfortunately the left has the shorter stroke of the later WPC games while the right was replaced with the longer stroke of the earlier WPC games. I intend to rebuild the flips so they have equal stroke.

I initially was planning on going with the longer stroke version to help trap during multiball, but it appears the shorter travel flippers are the standard version for JD. Difficult decision..

What do you folks recommend?

#2975 5 years ago

Cabinet decals for anyone interested

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74998

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2976 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

New JD owner here curious at what setup you folks recommend for flipper travel. The flippers on my unit are strong, but unfortunately the left has the shorter stroke of the later WPC games while the right was replaced with the longer stroke of the earlier WPC games. I intend to rebuild the flips so they have equal stroke.
I initially was planning on going with the longer stroke version to help trap during multiball, but it appears the shorter travel flippers are the standard version for JD. Difficult decision..

Original if possible. But it’s your game so do what you like.

I’m wondering now if my game has the right stoke.

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

A little bit of a sidebar...installed Titan's on the flippers, not rubber. Much more responsive.

#2978 5 years ago

im in.all the way from Europe to aus .I should of left that side door open on way home . have just put leds and supabands (as usual) .should be finishing my mousin' around , but I just cant stop playing dredd . THAT IS THE LAW

IMG_0608 (resized).JPGIMG_0608 (resized).JPGIMG_0627 (resized).JPGIMG_0627 (resized).JPG
#2979 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

im in.all the way from Europe to aus .I should of left that side door open on way home . have just put leds and supabands (as usual) .should be finishing my mousin' around , but I just cant stop playing dredd . THAT IS THE LAW
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Congrats!
Take some pics once you get that Color DMD up and running!

#2980 5 years ago

Absolutely. Colordmd is so very cool on Dredd.

Quoted from ChipScott:

Awesome. Congrats!

#2981 5 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the club!

#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Awesome. Congrats!

I've always thought the chromatic displays were a a little hard to decipher whlle playing the game. After getting the Colordmd...much easier and a lot of fun to watch.

#2983 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I've always thought the chromatic displays were a a little hard to decipher whlle playing the game. After getting the Colordmd...much easier and a lot of fun to watch.

Agree 100%✓

#2984 5 years ago

Hi gang, after many years of trying to snag a Dredd, I finally managed to snag one. I bought it not working and the fellow I got it from isn't much of a tech guy and couldn't offer any real help.

The main problem was the trough. The PCB is a bit dodgy and took out a transistor. I got that sorted fired it up and I am getting some switch errors which I think are related to the Deadworld mod (L1AT). My slings are also not functional, I tried to run a coil test and nothing responded which I am guessing is also from the mod.

Can anyone confirm the lack of coil test and if switches 15-18 (L outlane, L shootlane, L Return and drops) are mod related?

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hi gang, after many years of trying to snag a Dredd, I finally managed to snag one. I bought it not working and the fellow I got it from isn't much of a tech guy and couldn't offer any real help.
The main problem was the trough. The PCB is a bit dodgy and took out a ktransistor. I got that sorted fired it up and I am getting some switch errors which I think are related to the Deadworld mod (L1AT). My slings are also not functional, I tried to run a coil test and nothing responded which I am guessing is also from the mod.
Can anyone confirm the lack of coil test and if switches 15-18 (L outlane, L shootlane, L Return and drops) are mod related?

Doubt it’s related to the deadworld mod. Took a quick look at the manual and it looks like all the coils not working are on the same string as the trough coil J107-2. I’d check the connector and wiring string.

#2986 5 years ago

I should clarify, the trough emitter was bad and caused the coil to lock on and burn out Q50. I swapped out Q50, and installed a repro trough PCB and that fixed that problem. I can turn on the game and play a game.

When I power it on, I get the error for switches 15-18 and I have read in some places that the deadworld interferes with some left sided switches. I wasn't sure what specific switches there were issues with.

After playing a game, I also noticed that neither of the slings fire. I looked at the left sling and the one switch was literally bent around itself which more than likely caused some shotgunning. I could just meter the transistor, but instead tried to run a coil test so I could see this was a matrix issue or a coil/transistor issue. When I tried to run the coil test in the test menu it would not run. Not one coil fired. I'm not sure if this is a result of the mod or not.

I guess I am just trying to determine from folks running the first gen deadworld software what the mod interferes with so I have a better idea before plunging into the game.

#2987 5 years ago

The Deadworld mod doesn’t interfere with any of the optos, they should all work. In fact if they’re not all working, the mod won’t work right.

#2988 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The Deadworld mod doesn’t interfere with any of the optos, they should all work. In fact if they’re not all working, the mod won’t work right.

Right, but there is a lot of documentation that after installation with the first version, that the optos became super sensitive. That they needed to be dialed in perfectly. All that I have found is that it states "left hand side", not an actual list of what optos/switches these were. I am wondering if my switch errors are a result of the "sensitivity" post mod or if it is something else. I still have no idea if my mod works. The guy Ibought the game from said these were present from the beginning. I am attempting to run tests and so far my coil test seems to be disabled.

I just don't want to spend hours digging if the things I am experiencing are just mod related.

#2989 5 years ago

Yeah I don’t know about all that, all I know is I put in the L1AT rom, fixed a couple opto errors, and it works. I seriously doubt the mod rom is causing your issues but you could always swap in an L7 rom and see if they come back.

Martin from Pinbits basically spelled it out for me like this... if your optos work, the mod will work. If your optos don’t work, figure out why they’re not working.

I will say the Deadworld mod is cool and worth having if you’re willing to sort out your opto issues, but it doesn’t reinvent the game or anything. In a way it is cooler to start the multi ball with three quick ramp shots, and the game is a little “nicer” with the L7 rom. But the mod is how it’s “supposed to be” so it is what it is.

#2990 5 years ago

My JD has a minor annoyance where balls that enter the left plunger lane via the air raid ramp during multiball will get lost and just sit there. The machine will enter ball search after all the other balls drain and quickly kick it out, sometimes with an extra ball sent from the trough. As best as I can tell, it only happens when balls enter via the Air Raid ramp; balls that enter from the playfield auto-launch out as usual.

Is this a bug in the ROM? My machine has L-6. I've been treating it as part of the game, but it's feels like I'm cheating when I am able to shoot jackpots with only one ball in play since the machine still thinks the ball(s) lost in the left plunger lane is still active.

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I am attempting to run tests and so far my coil test seems to be disabled.

Might be a simple fix - I believe the coin door needs to closed on JD to enable high voltage ie coil tests to run properly.

#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

My JD has a minor annoyance where balls that enter the left plunger lane via the air raid ramp during multiball will get lost and just sit there. The machine will enter ball search after all the other balls drain and quickly kick it out, sometimes with an extra ball sent from the trough. As best as I can tell, it only happens when balls enter via the Air Raid ramp; balls that enter from the playfield auto-launch out as usual.
Is this a bug in the ROM? My machine has L-6. I've been treating it as part of the game, but it's feels like I'm cheating when I am able to shoot jackpots with only one ball in play since the machine still thinks the ball(s) lost in the left plunger lane is still active.

interesting . mine does same,only during multiball . don't know where they come from . TOO MUCH GOING ON with 6 balls bouncing around what a game!!

#2993 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

interesting . mine does same,only during multiball . don't know where they come from . TOO MUCH GOING ON with 6 balls bouncing around what a game!!

Mine did the same thing during multiball regardless of entering through ramp or playfield. I updated the ROM to L-7 (not positive on the number, but whatever the latest is, I believe it is L-7) and everything worked as it should. I think I bought it from Matt's Basement.

#2994 5 years ago

Thanks for all of the input guys. It's just so hard taking in a machine with so many bugs and then a mod on top of that, that is documented having opto problems. I hope to dig into it more this weekend. I have been waiting so long to grab one of these and it is killing me not to have a fully functional one.

Quoted from HowardHurtz:

Mine does this and it's coming up as a switch error. I am going to spend the $$ and get the upgraded ROM.

My current lineup. Not pictured SST off to the left and Monster Bash upstairs. I've always dreamed of a DM, JD, and RoboCop lineup. I am so happy it came together in the last couple of weeks.

53482213_10156897163361271_4961975996241674240_n (resized).jpg53482213_10156897163361271_4961975996241674240_n (resized).jpg
#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thanks for all of the input guys. It's just so hard taking in a machine with so many bugs and then a mod on top of that, that is documented having opto problems. I hope to dig into it more this weekend. I have been waiting so long to grab one of these and it is killing me not to have a fully functional one.

Mine does this and it's coming up as a switch error. I am going to spend the $$ and get the upgraded ROM.
My current lineup. Not pictured SST off to the left and Monster Bash upstairs. I've always dreamed of a DM, JD, and RoboCop lineup. I am so happy it came together in the last couple of weeks.[quoted image]

I also had trough issues (always one extra ball during multiball, starting super game with 3 balls instead of 2). I had to bite the bullet and pick up new trough opto boards.

The other thing I noticed and I know it has been mentioned here, but there is a two prong female connector in the backbox that looks like it connects to a 2 prong male on the boards. This is located towards the bottom right of the boards, I forget the number on the board. If you push the connector onto the board a bunch of funky things happen. The insert lights do not light as they should. I made this mistake as it definitely looks like it should be connected.

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I also had trough issues (always one extra ball during multiball, starting super game with 3 balls instead of 2). I had to bite the bullet and pick up new trough opto boards.
The other thing I noticed and I know it has been mentioned here, but there is a two prong female connector in the backbox that looks like it connects to a 2 prong male on the boards. This is located towards the bottom right of the boards, I forget the number on the board. If you push the connector onto the board a bunch of funky things happen. The insert lights do not light as they should. I made this mistake as it definitely looks like it should be connected.

I know of the connector of which you speak. It is entirely different from those on my DM or MB. I thought it was a repair on the JD,

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Mine did the same thing during multiball regardless of entering through ramp or playfield. I updated the ROM to L-7 (not positive on the number, but whatever the latest is, I believe it is L-7) and everything worked as it should. I think I bought it from Matt's Basement.

Thanks, that's the answer I was hoping for. I'll plan on updating to L-7 unless I decide to go with the DeadWorld mod.

#2998 5 years ago

Digging into the Dredd a little more today to try and figure out these switch issues I am having. I found two connectors under the PF that are not connected to anything, nor do I see a mate for them. Is this standard?

The first is a switch line at the back of the PF and the other looks like a coil line on the middle right side of the PF.

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg0-3 (resized).jpeg0-3 (resized).jpeg
#2999 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Digging into the Dredd a little more today to try and figure out these switch issues I am having. I found two connectors under the PF that are not connected to anything, nor do I see a mate for them. Is this standard?
The first is a switch line at the back of the PF and the other looks like a coil line on the middle right side of the PF.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got a bunch of high res pics I can send. PM me your regular e-mail if you want them (I can't attach pics to a PM). Mind zooming out a bit so I can see where those are at?

#3000 5 years ago

Is this one of the connectors?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/60?hl=trumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.