Topic Stats

• 3,492 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by TractorDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 955 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5J5A3133 (resized).JPG
5J5A3089 (resized).JPG
5J5A3092 (resized).JPG
5J5A3088 (resized).JPG
JD pin (resized).jpg
JD 2020 PST (resized).jpg
DSCN6628 (resized).JPG
6FD8E3EE-13A8-4953-B6FB-409C3CE2A880 (resized).jpeg
Dredd (resized).jpg
JD Coolling Towers 1 (resized).jpg
JD Cooling Tower3 (resized).jpg
JD Cooling Tower 2 (resized).jpg
JD Cooling Towers4 (resized).jpg
DSCN6585 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200108_194934__01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200104_152151 (resized).jpg

There are 3492 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 70.
#251 6 years ago

The wires that are still left on the board from when they pulled them off seem to confirm that too but... if it can be messed up I'll find a way to do it.

#252 6 years ago

Couple pics of the crane installed

20140116_190340.jpg 20140116_190330.jpg
#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Couple pics of the crane installed

Are you missing the plastic on the top? Or did you decide against it?

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are you missing the plastic on the top? Or did you decide against it?

It is in there, but I flipped it over. I thought it was just too much yellow and black striping.

#255 6 years ago

That crane does look pretty cool...wondering if I should sell this NOS crane plastic to get one.
Dan

#256 6 years ago

Has anybody tried the DMD extender mod on a JD yet to get a kind of colorDMD going? I saw a video today of that running on a WCS and it is pretty cool.

#257 6 years ago

I just broke the 2 billion point mark on a three ball game with factory settings. It was actually my first time breaking a billion. Nice when things go right for a change

#258 6 years ago

Wow. Was there anything in particular that you scored particularly well on? (Did you bang out a few hundred million on the ultimate challenge or anything like that?)

#259 6 years ago

did get almost 200 mil on the UC, but the most points came from the 3rd time through multiball. I hit every jackpot and then hit all of the crime scene jackpots.

#260 6 years ago

So I cleaned my JD's playfield today and finished it with pure Carnauba wax. Well it's FAST. Almost too fast. My wife wasn't to happy as she wasn't doing as well as she usually does and just kept giving me the LOOK after each ball.
It reminded me of that scene in Christmas Vacation where Clark goes sledding.

Clark: "This is a new non-caloric silicon-based kitchen lubricant my company has been working on. It creats a surface 500 times more slippery than any cooking oil. Ahhh! We're really going to fly down the hill with this stuff." Russ: "Has anyone ever used it on a sled?" Clark: "Not that I know of, Russ."

#261 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed this:

Any multi-ball before achieving the Ultimate Challenge results in a normal 4-ball mode with a brief ball saver. However, once Ultimate Challenge is completed, starting a multi-ball results in an endless ball saver mode.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with L1AT, but it certainly doesn't seem like an opto problem. (I have never had an endless ball saver with any multiball prior to completing the Ultimate Challenge, but any multiball after UC has always resulted in an endless ball saver.)

#262 6 years ago

In case anyone needs some JD backbox decals, I've got a pair for sale. Details here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-judge-dredd-backbox-head-decals

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Has anyone else noticed this:
Any multi-ball before achieving the Ultimate Challenge results in a normal 4-ball mode with a brief ball saver. However, once Ultimate Challenge is completed, starting a multi-ball results in an endless ball saver mode.
I'm not sure if this is a bug with L1AT, but it certainly doesn't seem like an opto problem. (I have never had an endless ball saver with any multiball prior to completing the Ultimate Challenge, but any multiball after UC has always resulted in an endless ball saver.)

The endless ball saver has happened twice that I have seen - both times my wife was playing and so I really don't know if the circumstances that initiated it were the same both times. The second time this happened my wife knocked me off the Grand Champion spot!!!! I also am on L1AT.

#264 6 years ago

Ya, that happened to me with the L7 roms. I haven't been able to replicate it, although I think mine was the third time I went through multiball.

On a side note, I finally got around to photographing that box of spare parts I have. I would like to just sell these as a lot. Some usable stuff except for the blackout ramp, it is beyond repair IMO. Most everything else, while not perfect could be used if needed. Feel free to make me an offer on all of it. I don't want to part it out.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105723108316354238346/albums/5976752923489278033

#265 6 years ago

image.jpgimage-841.jpg
I'm In!

#266 6 years ago

Wasn't ever sure of JD toys on this machine, but those look nice. I want that Judge Death just to have.

If anyone has picked up the $80 IPB topper with plating issue could you explain what those issues are? Want to order one soon and if I can save $20 I'd like to.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

If anyone has picked up the $80 IPB topper with plating issue could you explain what those issues are? Want to order one soon and if I can save $20 I'd like to.

Why not contact them directly to see what they say the issues are. I think Kim is the one to talk to.

#268 6 years ago

I sent her a message on their site last month and again today. Just curious if someone had a first hand opinion.

#269 6 years ago

One of the best things you can do to Judge Dredd is disable the coil that diverts the ball onto the deadworld! Especially if you have the Deadworld mod. I know it sort of defeats the purpose, but I really hate when theres a mode running and the ball is waiting to be taken off the Deadworld while the timer is running out.

#270 6 years ago

The diverter shouldn't be engaged while a mode is running unless it is locking a ball towards multiball. If that is the case you can just launch another ball quickly.

#271 6 years ago

Yea, it's not the diverter that's sending it onto deadworld, it's strictly the momentum of the ball. If it doesn't have enough power to completely go around the ramp, sometimes it just falls onto the deadworld.

#272 6 years ago

love it.

#273 6 years ago

I threw my custom Dredd cards up in another thread, but thought I'd add them to the owners thread too. Enjoy!

JDinfo-smallersize.jpg

JDfree-smallersize.jpg

#274 6 years ago

Put my Shadow power board in Dredd to get it finally working. Looks fricken awesome.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I threw my custom Dredd cards up in another thread, but thought I'd add them to the owners thread too. Enjoy!

Cool cards! Spotted a typo though. Under Regulation Play, Mode Select: "bootons" should be "buttons"

#277 5 years ago

I just waxed my Dredd. Before it was fast but now I am crossing my fingers sometimes when is coming down the left rails. Sometimes it just bounces out of the rails into the gutter. Is this normal for this machine?

#278 5 years ago

From my earlier post above

Quoted from PinRob:

So I cleaned my JD's playfield today and finished it with pure Carnauba wax. Well it's FAST. Almost too fast. My wife wasn't to happy as she wasn't doing as well as she usually does and just kept giving me the LOOK after each ball.
It reminded me of that scene in Christmas Vacation where Clark goes sledding.
Clark: "This is a new non-caloric silicon-based kitchen lubricant my company has been working on. It creats a surface 500 times more slippery than any cooking oil. Ahhh! We're really going to fly down the hill with this stuff." Russ: "Has anyone ever used it on a sled?" Clark: "Not that I know of, Russ."

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

From my earlier post above

Yeah, but it is still worrisome that I am going break a plastic. The rails should have been made to prevent this.

1 week later
#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

Yeah, but it is still worrisome that I am going break a plastic. The rails should have been made to prevent this.

I had the same problem. Balls up the right ramp come back so fast that the ball jumps the wire form return. I installed my patented "Right ramp speed inhibitor" and it helps a lot. After the ball makes the initial turn past the right ramp plastic there's a bracket that holds the wire forms together. I used a larger sized zip tie and attached it to the bottom of the bracket so it hangs in the path of the ball. Cut the remainder off so it makes a flap and make sure the zip tie is on there as tight as you can get it or it won't slow the ball down. Yes I know this is a ghetto "Jerry Rig" solution, but we were using it for a tournament and I was in a pinch

#281 5 years ago

JD has just arrived and I am starting some pre-start-up jobs like cleaning it for a kickoff, pin is great original nick just a bit neglected over the years and of course topper went bye byes a long time ago, just hope it starts.

JD1.jpg

#282 5 years ago

I know asking a bunch of JD owners isn't probably the best place to ask this, but what can I realistically expect to spend for a nice JD on the East Coast? I bought my first pin (STTNG) a couple years ago and now I am ready for a second. JD is towards the top of my list. Is this still in the 2k range or have prices skyrocketed like so many others?

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I know asking a bunch of JD owners isn't probably the best place to ask this, but what can I realistically expect to spend for a nice JD on the East Coast? I bought my first pin (STTNG) a couple years ago and now I am ready for a second. JD is towards the top of my list. Is this still in the 2k range or have prices skyrocketed like so many others?

If it needs work you can probably get it between 1700-2000. If it's plug & play 2100-2800 depending on cabinet condition (playfields held up very well on these). How much fade there is/topper/broken right ramp (common) if it has LED's ect...I haven't personally seen any go for over 3G yet...

#284 5 years ago

Hey guys I'd like to know how other peoples left kickout works for both air raid and standard gameplay left kick outs. When I hit the air raid ramp I try and time the shot to hit the "U" or the "D" to destroy the missle. Should the kick out from rest in the left kickout lane hit these targets? Another error I have found in my game is during multiball sometimes, if I have multiple balls go in the left kick out they seem to get stuck in there until I drain my last ball in play and then it has to do the lost ball thing before it actually kicks the balls out. What could be causing that? Like it said it only does this in multiball. Thanks!

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I haven't personally seen any go for over 3G yet...

I believe someone just paid over 3 for one, but it was super pimped out. I agree w/ prices stated above for others. I just paid 2500 for a nice one w/ cherry unfaded cabinet.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Hey guys I'd like to know how other peoples left kickout works for both air raid and standard gameplay left kick outs. When I hit the air raid ramp I try and time the shot to hit the "U" or the "D" to destroy the missle. Should the kick out from rest in the left kickout lane hit these targets? Another error I have found in my game is during multiball sometimes, if I have multiple balls go in the left kick out they seem to get stuck in there until I drain my last ball in play and then it has to do the lost ball thing before it actually kicks the balls out. What could be causing that? Like it said it only does this in multiball. Thanks!

Go into switch test mode and ensure that the ball presence switch in the lane works. If not then you need to troubleshoot that. It also sounds like the solenoid kick is weak. Dismantle it and clean it up. May need a new coil sleeve. Also check to see if the right coil is installed. Mine work fine and it does indeed hit a couple of the dropdown targets when the ball is kicked out.

#287 5 years ago

I'm about to buy some LED's for my JD, was thinking CT or perhaps try out PinballBulbs. Does anybody know if JD ghosts? I have the Deadworld mod I'm yet to install but perhaps ghosting was patched on that ROM? Would like to avoid the premium of non-ghosting bulbs if possible...

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I'm about to buy some LED's for my JD, was thinking CT or perhaps try out PinballBulbs. Does anybody know if JD ghosts? I have the Deadworld mod I'm yet to install but perhaps ghosting was patched on that ROM? Would like to avoid the premium of non-ghosting bulbs if possible...

I have edited this post to correct my earlier unintentional misstatement. I had not noticed ghosting on the machine but having now fired up the game and specifically looked for it there is indeed ghosting with my CT LEDs. I would state though that I really had not noticed this at all up until now and it doesn't really bother me. Note that I am running the L1AT roms that came with the Deadworld mod from Pinbits.

Post edited by ikrananka: Corrected.

#289 5 years ago

It does ghost. There is a no-ghosting code that can be patched into your rom if you know someone that burns roms.

#290 5 years ago

I just found out about the ghosting myself, it's not bad tho, my Cyclone was unbearable and had to get the spendy ones from CT. Turns out there brighter too, maybe too bright.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

It does ghost. There is a no-ghosting code that can be patched into your rom if you know someone that burns roms.

Even if you went with CT premium non ghosting LEDs? I was thinking about LEDing my inserts and I would go with the CT non ghosting personally. Anybody have input to LEDing inserts?

#292 5 years ago

I used Cointaker non-ghosting LED's for the inserts and they worked fine.

The new Pinball Life LED's are also non-ghosting.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

JD has just arrived and I am starting some pre-start-up jobs like cleaning it for a kickoff, pin is great original nick just a bit neglected over the years and of course topper went bye byes a long time ago, just hope it starts.

JD1.jpg 133 KB

Well it started but I have no flashers and the start, super, left fire and extra ball buttons dont register in switch test mode are they all on related circuits, any common issues ideas?

I'll get a manual printed so I can start troubleshooting systematically more easily.

Cheers

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Well it started but I have no flashers and the start, super, left fire and extra ball buttons dont register in switch test mode are they all on related circuits, any common issues ideas?
I'll get a manual printed so I can start troubleshooting systematically more easily.
Cheers

For the flashers, are you engaging the interlock switch when you run the test? Does LED 5 light up on the power driver board? Is fuse F111 good (5ASB)?

For the switches, did you also test playfield switches? What you report as bad has switches out in three different columns and three different rows so could be connectors or multiple switch issues.

viperrwk

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

What you report as bad has switches out in three different columns and three different rows so could be connectors or multiple switch issues.

Yep, check your connectors IMO. make sure your rows and columns are connected to the power driver board correctly. I recently had something similar with a neglected TZ (it was the lamp matrix, not the switches though). Lots of cold solder joints and bad connections at the driver board.
-Wes

#296 5 years ago

Finally played Judge Dredd and really liked it, but I couldn't hear the audio at all. I take it the guitar riff I hear on youtube videos isn't too grating owning this machine? My other question is, can someone give me the exact dimensions (width mostly) on this machine? I have a really tight fit into my basement and want to see if one would even make it before looking. Thanks!

#297 5 years ago

The backbox is the widest part of a macine - that being said they are about 29" if I recall correctly. So no matter if it's a widebody or a standard cab the backbox are still the same width. So unless you are removing the backbox because 29" is to wide to make it into your basement it's the same as a standard machine. Now if you are removing the backbox then a widebody cab alone is wider than a standard cab but I'm not near my machine to measure it and I can't remember what the cab width I'd on Dredd.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from HeyNow:

Finally played Judge Dredd and really liked it, but I couldn't hear the audio at all. I take it the guitar riff I hear on youtube videos isn't too grating owning this machine? My other question is, can someone give me the exact dimensions (width mostly) on this machine? I have a really tight fit into my basement and want to see if one would even make it before looking. Thanks!

HeyNow were you at the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend? I brought my JD up there for the first time for people to play was wondering if you played mine. In my house the sound is plenty load and the music sounds great, but I did notice with all the other pins turned up around it the volume was low. Need to work on that. The high light of the show for me was when the man himself "John Trudeau" signed my machine. He was great. Talked with me and my bro for a while.
IMG_20140309_212824.jpg

#299 5 years ago

Hi Tim. Yeah I played it in Louisville. Really liked it. Like you said, the surrounding pins volume drowned it out at the show. Thanks for bringing it! I think it has become one for me to look for (if it will fit into my basement).

#300 5 years ago

The backbox is 29" and the cab is 25". For reference I messured a couple of my standard DE machines 27" and 22". On the volume I think one of my backbox speakers maybe going out. Will upgrade them and see. Hopefully the pin played without a hickup for you. I baby my pins at home but at the show they get bumped around a bit more. Had to do a quick repair when the shooter coil wire broke Saturday afternoon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 3492 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 70.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside