IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 98.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Thinking about joining club Dredd. However, I have small kids. Is there any swearing or anything that could be considered remotely scary on this game?

There is a "family mode" you can turn on in the menu. I'm not sure what all it does but I'm guessing it doesn't show the sniper crosshairs blowing up peoples heads during the Sniper mode? I don't recall any swearing but there is a bit of violence. The outlanes have what looks like blood dripping down them. The Dark judges are all pretty awesome looking on the playfield and translite but I guess that could be scary to a child. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

#2852 5 years ago

And the sniper landing on the spike when he falls

#2853 5 years ago

Thinking about joining club Dredd. However, I have small kids. Is there any swearing or anything that could be considered remotely scary on this game?

No "real" swearing. Dredd does use in universe swears like "Drokk" and "Grud" and calls people things like creep.

There is fairly graphic violence (especially if you have ColorDMD!) if you're sensitive to that kind of thing. - In "Sniper" a sniper shoots people, gets shot (when you "shoot" him with the pinball) and splatters on the ground... then if you know the button trick a dog will come out and pee on him, lol. In "Traffic Jam" a person gets shot, killed with an axe, and melted with acid. In "Manhunt" it shows people get gunned down when you hit the ramp. And alot of cartoon violence like people getting shocked, whacked, etc.

It actually surprises me what they got away with probably just because it was only in shades of orange. Nothing worse than like, Mortal Kombat 2 tho.

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Does anybody know the part number or spec for the bolts used to attach the topper bracket to the head?
Also, the screws to attach the topper to the bracket?

This should answer your question.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468-G

#2855 5 years ago

The menu has parental settings. That said the "explicit" stuff is pretty tame by today's standards...

#2856 5 years ago

There is no Swearing but there could be some things that are questionable depending on how strict you are. I have the game and my 11 and 9 year old play it. I don't really have an issue.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

There is no Swearing but there could be some things that are questionable depending on how strict you are. I have the game and my 11 and 9 year old play it. I don't really have an issue.

I'll have to watch a youtube video tonight... mine are younger. I'm looking to trade my WCS94 for one and I'm not sure how that would go yet.

#2859 5 years ago

I picked up a JD a couple of months ago and I noticed it sometimes has one to many balls for multiball. I know this is a common problem with the trough opto so I tried to order a new opto board from Great Lakes Modular. I sent them an email stating what I wanted to buy and to let me know how to purchase the item. This was about 2 weeks ago and I havn't heard anything. Does anyone know how I can order their opto board for this game. Thank in advance.

#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I picked up a JD a couple of months ago and I noticed it sometimes has one to many balls for multiball. I know this is a common problem with the trough opto so I tried to order a new opto board from Great Lakes Modular. I sent them an email stating what I wanted to buy and to let me know how to purchase the item. This was about 2 weeks ago and I havn't heard anything. Does anyone know how I can order their opto board for this game. Thank in advance.

He’s been missing in action for awhile unfortunately. Your probably going to have to get another brand of new wide body boards. Though you could post a specific add here on PinSide to see if anyone has a set. That has worked for me on Great Lakes Modular stuff I wanted.

Pinballlife has widebody trough boards though not GLM
https://www.pinballlife.com/7-opto-trough-board-set-for-williamsbally-widebody-pinball-machines.html

#2861 5 years ago

Thank you I appreciate the response. I’ll put a wanted ad up for the part then buy from pinballlife.

#2862 5 years ago

sniper shoots people, gets shot... and splatters on the ground... if you know the button trick a dog will come out and pee on him, lol.

Ive not heard of that button trick! Sounds awesome.
Do you know what the button trick is to get that dog out on sniper mode??
Thanks!!

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

sniper shoots people, gets shot and splatters on the ground...if you know the button trick a dog will come out and pee on him, lol.

That button trick sounds awesome. I've not heard of that!!
Do you know what the button trick is to get that dog out on the sniper mode??!!
Thanks

#2864 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Hit the red button when the sniper hits the fence.

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#J

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

That button trick sounds awesome. I've not heard of that!!
Thanks

When you beat sniper mode by hitting the sniper shot twice hold in both fire buttons before the sniper splatters.

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

When you beat sniper mode by hitting the sniper shot twice hold in both fire buttons before the sniper splatters.

This also works for safecracker too. After you shoot the safe for the last time. The old guy gets hit by lightning.

#2867 5 years ago

That's a good one.

I never quite understood tho, when you complete the mode the "safe" pops open and the guy wakes up and says "Turkey!" so is there a turkey in the safe or did the robber think what was a safe was really an oven?? Will the world ever know??

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That's a good one.
I never quite understood tho, when you complete the mode the "safe" pops open and the guy wakes up and says "Turkey!" so is there a turkey in the safe or did the robber think what was a safe was really an oven?? Will the world ever know??

Could also mean turkey as in it was a joke and he fooled you. It's like the equivalent of saying "I got you!". or He could be saying that you are a turkey, ie, "a jive-ass turkey". It could also mean all of the above. I don't know. English is weird.

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Could also mean turkey as in it was a joke and he fooled you. It's like the equivalent of saying "I got you!". or He could be saying that you are a turkey, ie, "a jive-ass turkey". It could also mean all of the above. I don't know. English is weird.

Probably not, there is literally a turkey in the "safe" and the guy is holding a fork and knife IIRC.

#2870 5 years ago

Having issues again with the crane. Will unload balls fine for most games, but once in a while will drop the ball to early and will roll down the planet ring. Is there a way to adjust the rod up and down for the rod closest to the back box? I know you can adjust the rod in front of that by simply screwing it. Any help would be sweet.

#2871 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Thanks!
I hit sniper shot twice for the kill, immediately hit the 2 red launch buttons simultaneouly and sure enough!! Dog came right on out and peed on him! Hahaha.
Awesome! Thanks again for that info!

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Dog came right on out and peed on him! Hahaha.
Awesome! Thanks again for that info!

You're welcome! I haven't done it on mine yet - actually haven't played mine yet! It is a re-import that either needs a new driver board or this one WAY fixed. Haven't decided yet, but I'm looking forward to playing it!

#2873 5 years ago

Dredd is the judge, jury, and executioner. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks. If you find that a bit scary it might not be the game for young children. Although not technically swear words, the kids would have the opportunity to learn some new ones. There are some interesting animations as well. As I recall, some if not all of that can be switched off with a system setting.

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Dredd is the judge, jury, and executioner. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks. If you find that a bit scary it might not be the game for young children. Although not technically swear words, the kids would have the opportunity to learn some new ones. There are some interesting animations as well. As I recall, some if not all of that can be switched off with a system setting.

The speaker panel says it all... "I AM THE LAW."

#2875 5 years ago

My 4 year old and 6 year old play mine. As described, there is graphic cartoon violence to be aware of, but I can't recall objectionable language. My kids like it but really don't appreciate the rule set. Hope this helps.

#2876 5 years ago

This game - I can't think of many other games that offer so much for the price honestly. I will say that locking away judges isn't exactly easy, the multiball is frantic enough, let alone making the left ramp and then having to sink the middle scoop. I don't see myself beating this one any time soon.

#2877 5 years ago

question for those Dredd owners out there with a color DMD installed - Noticed a while back that 'Life for Terrorism' crime scene animation just shows up as a black screen every time. Is this the case for everyone?

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

question for those Dredd owners out there with a color DMD installed - Noticed a while back that 'Life for Terrorism' crime scene animation just shows up as a black screen every time. Is this the case for everyone?

I don't think so. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I play.

#2879 5 years ago

Yeah mine does that too. I'm running the 1LAT Deadworld mod ROM.

Quoted from bigballa81:

#2880 5 years ago

Gov could probably answer this better than me since he colored JD. But from my own experience coloring Royal Rumble some screens especially transition screens end up getting blacked out on purpose because they can't be colored. It's a small sacrifice for color. Also when someone colors a game they use the last Rom made. Though if for some reason the "terrorism" animation isn't in the latest Rom made but was in the 1Lat Rom then the animation wouldn't be colored and it would just show all in one default color. This would also happen if the animation is different from Rom to Rom. For Royal Rumble I used white, Johnny Mnemonics is light blue. Not sure what JD's is. Maybe black? Again Gov would know better than anyone but it not being the latest Rom or that the animation couldn't be colored is probably one of the reasons.

#2881 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Yeah mine does that too. I'm running the 1LAT Deadworld mod ROM.

Yeah I have the deadworld mod too.

#2882 5 years ago

Just a heads up that the Sniper Tower mod is on sale for the first time. Down to $69.99 until Sunday night. May be a bit of a delay on shipping as I've sold out of the ones I had parts on hand for, but it shouldn't be too long of a wait. Thanks again to the those that have supported this mod over the last year

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

1 week later
#2884 5 years ago

I've been putting back the Dredd gearbox that PBResource repaired for me and despite taking lots of photos I cannot for the life of me work out where these two tubes go. They fit in the outer tube, but then the long spindle that has the two bulbs on it just pushes these two tubes back out when I try to slot them in. I also can't find mention of them in the manual or all the photos I took. Anyone got any idea where they go?

IMG-7790 (resized).JPGIMG-7790 (resized).JPG
#2885 5 years ago

The WMS industries logo is not consistent with the manufacture of Dredd, I believe. It was still Williams with the cursive font.

#2886 5 years ago

Hi robotron911!

Thanks for your comment!

"WMS logo" appears in flyers. I show you:
30000901.jpg30000901.jpg

Regards

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just a heads up that the Sniper Tower mod is on sale for the first time. Down to $69.99 until Sunday night. May be a bit of a delay on shipping as I've sold out of the ones I had parts on hand for, but it shouldn't be too long of a wait. Thanks again to the those that have supported this mod over the last year
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

+1!!! This mod is awesome.
I installed this mod earlier this year with orange sniper light. I couldn't imagine the game without it now. Looks perfect. Easy install. Badass addition.
Thanks again Medisinyl !!

1 week later
#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

+1!!! This mod is awesome.
I installed this mod earlier this year with orange sniper light. I couldn't imagine the game without it now. Looks perfect. Easy install. Badass addition.
Thanks again medisinyl !!

I appreciate the positive feedback!

Just added a Christmas charity auction to eBay for a "1 of 1" gold brick (Die Hard 3) edition of this mod. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. ebay.com link: Judge Dredd Sniper Tower Pinball Mod Limited 1 of 1 Charity auction (STARTING AT $0.01)

I've also added a "Die Hard" edition of the red brick mod for anyone that would like the enhanced RGB lighting, chrome window, sharper insert image (and the optional addition of the Quasar bulb [under the fence] to any version). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

20181213_152211 (resized).jpg20181213_152211 (resized).jpg20181213_152220 (resized).jpg20181213_152220 (resized).jpg20181213_152239 (resized).jpg20181213_152239 (resized).jpg20181213_152647 (resized).jpg20181213_152647 (resized).jpg20181213_152711 (resized).jpg20181213_152711 (resized).jpg

63231 (resized).jpg63231 (resized).jpg

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the positive feedback!
Just added a Christmas charity auction to eBay for a "1 of 1" gold brick (Die Hard 3) edition of this mod. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Sniper Tower Pinball Mod Limited 1 Of 1 Charity Auction (STARTING AT $0.01)
I've also added a "Die Hard" edition of the red brick mod for anyone that would like the enhanced RGB lighting, chrome window, sharper insert image (and the optional addition of the Quasar bulb [under the fence] to any version). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Charity Auction ends in about 17 hours (100% goes to ACS). Thanks again to those that have bid thus far, and good luck if you're aiming to win

Just made a quick video to show how the new (red brick) version looks (and what to expect for the gold version). Starts in attract mode. Perfect for anyone that couldn't decide on a color

1 week later
#2890 5 years ago

Another Dredd brought back to life.

IMG_20181229_1041110 (resized).jpgIMG_20181229_1041110 (resized).jpgIMG_20181229_1041035 (resized).jpgIMG_20181229_1041035 (resized).jpgIMG_20181229_1041257 (resized).jpgIMG_20181229_1041257 (resized).jpgIMG_20181229_1040555 (resized).jpgIMG_20181229_1040555 (resized).jpg
#2891 5 years ago

Added hinge lights and a Colordmd the other day.

20181227_104850 (resized).jpg20181227_104850 (resized).jpg20181228_120058 (resized).jpg20181228_120058 (resized).jpg
#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Another Dredd brought back to life.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

Quoted from PapaKilo:

Added hinge lights and a Colordmd the other day.[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't get the hinge lights but the ColorDMD is a MUST! Expensive but worth the bucks.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Nice!

I don't get the hinge lights but the ColorDMD is a MUST! Expensive but worth the bucks.

The hinge lights are definitely not a need but I think it freshens up the cabinets in an otherwise dull area. The ColorDmd on the other hand I 100% agree. I can't believe I waited this long to get one. Now I just need T2 and Slugfest colordmds. I'm not holding my breath for a Stern Playboy colordmd but I really wish they would.

#2894 5 years ago

I'm not sure on the hinge lights. It's a pretty steep expense for an area that is almost totally obscured when games are lined up next to each other. They are pretty cool, but I'm on the fence about their value. ColorDMD is a no-brainer. It, and invisiglass, are the two most impactful mods that can be put on a game.

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

The hinge lights are definitely not a need but I think it freshens up the cabinets in an otherwise dull area.

Oh sure, you be you. I just never looked at my backbox hinges and been like; "Y'know what these need..?"

They do look good in that view tho. Also, I detect that Playboy translite might be a little less than official, lol.

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

..... Also, I detect that Playboy translite might be a little less than official, lol.

I do love my Playboy. Not the most popular pin but it probably gets the most play out of my small lineup and it's just easy to push start and flip away.

20190103_131123 (resized).jpg20190103_131123 (resized).jpg
#2897 5 years ago

I was picking up a freebie EM last week at a junkyard, and a customer saw me moving the game. He came up and asked if I bought pinballs. Said he had a pair of Judge Dredd machines that he was selling.
So, a few days later, I'm in the club.

20181231_154625 (resized).jpg20181231_154625 (resized).jpg12308 (resized).jpeg12308 (resized).jpeg

#2898 5 years ago

Nice!

#2899 5 years ago

transprtr4u was shopping out my game the last few weeks. Got it home and setup, amazing game. This one is staying for a while!!
938F8EE3-EDE9-46BE-8C02-F7FCB8B57E1F (resized).jpeg938F8EE3-EDE9-46BE-8C02-F7FCB8B57E1F (resized).jpeg

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

transprtr4u was shopping out my game the last few weeks. Got it home and setup, amazing game. This one is staying for a while!!
[quoted image]

Prepare to be JUDGED.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/58?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.