IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 98.
#2801 5 years ago

Great mod. I need to get one.
I made some stadium style lights as a test run out of those walmart light strips. While they don't offer full coverage, I think they turned out great for 15.Pics once I clean up the mounting.

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just installed the interactive JD Sniper mod from Medisinyl. Took 2 minutes to install and it looks aaammmazing!!!
Thanks Greg!!!

Thank you Chip! The orange looks awesome, and thus far, you're the only one to request that color--the vast majority have been yellow or white.

#2803 5 years ago

Lotta trouble, lotta crime...
So added a little ACTION in Mega City!
IMG_20180630_090123.jpgIMG_20180630_090123.jpgMVIMG_20180630_085855.jpgMVIMG_20180630_085855.jpgMVIMG_20180630_085955.jpgMVIMG_20180630_085955.jpgMVIMG_20180630_085959.jpgMVIMG_20180630_085959.jpg

IMG_20180630_091121.jpgIMG_20180630_091121.jpgMVIMG_20180630_092537.jpgMVIMG_20180630_092537.jpgMVIMG_20180630_092945.jpgMVIMG_20180630_092945.jpgMVIMG_20180630_093304.jpgMVIMG_20180630_093304.jpgMVIMG_20180630_093324.jpgMVIMG_20180630_093324.jpg

#2804 5 years ago

I love adding mods to games, but I try not to clutter them up...Im a believer that less is more...BUT, in this instance it's a badass comic-based game with crazy characters, so I figured this may be the game to add some figurines and simulate some Dredd-based battles. I found someone selling a complete Mega City set from the early 90's, the figures stand about 2-2.5" tall, and I went ahead and did it.
I kept them on the sides so there's no visual interference of the ball during gameplay, and during gameplay they don't stand out, which I like. But it's a newer world under glass now with added action, and characters...and while I know theres some who don't care for this kind of mod addition, for me, in this case, i'm really digging on it!!!

1 week later
#2805 5 years ago

Happy to finally join the club!

Of course within a day of me having the game, I overtightened the right plastic ramp screw and snapped the tab in half. Luckily it broke clean as it was pre stressed/cracked when I got it.

I was able to get it to hold with some gorilla glue, but short of buying a new ramp, I wonder if there is any other way to help strengthen this area. I dont believe the cliffy will help in this instance.

15312285857132118677541 (resized).jpg15312285857132118677541 (resized).jpg
#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Happy to finally join the club!
Of course within a day of me having the game, I overtightened the right plastic ramp screw and snapped the tab in half. Luckily it broke clean as it was pre stressed/cracked when I got it.
I was able to get it to hold with some gorilla glue, but short of buying a new ramp, I wonder if there is any other way to help strengthen this area. I dont believe the cliffy will help in this instance.

Actually a Cliffy is exactly what you need. He has one that's exactly for this situation

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Actually a Cliffy is exactly what you need. He has one that's exactly for this situation

Thanks, ill hit him up then. The one on his site didnt look to address the mounting tab.

Appreciate it!

#2808 5 years ago

Had a similar problem with mine, the tab got a crack and I wanted to prevent it from spreading or breaking off altogether. To lighten the stress on the (epoxied) tab, I put a little soft felt on the metal ramp end and attached the tab to it with a just slightly tightened zip tie instead of the screw. Holding up fine in heavy use for a couple of years now!

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Lotta trouble, lotta crime...
So added a little ACTION in Mega City!

Cool!

#2810 5 years ago

Still on the lookout for one of these. Game is a player so used original or decent repop is just fine. Let me know if you have an extra, thanks!

a18722fc756ddb7c78e1770a792b96b71586987a (resized).jpga18722fc756ddb7c78e1770a792b96b71586987a (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2811 5 years ago

I have a few Judge dredd parts up for sale in the marketplace. So far ball guides, divert, and the drop target bank.

2 weeks later
#2812 5 years ago

My Dredd has has ao much play this happened to the bottom left flipper coil stop!

20180810_112008 (resized).jpg20180810_112008 (resized).jpg

#2813 5 years ago

Wow! I've never seen this happen

Quoted from HighProtein:

My Dredd has has ao much play this happened to the bottom left flipper coil stop!
[quoted image]

#2814 5 years ago

15 years for not rebuilding your flippers.
dredd (resized).jpgdredd (resized).jpg

#2815 5 years ago

I sold my Dredd. Sad day but it went to a good home.
I still have a new left missile plastic for sale. $25 plus $8 postage from Australia.

IMG_20180819_094342 (resized).jpgIMG_20180819_094342 (resized).jpg

#2817 5 years ago

I would suggest turning the opacity down on the background a smidge so the text pops out. The image is very busy and maybe hard to read once installed.

#2818 5 years ago

Thanks, ArcadiusMaximus!

Is a good idea beacuase I´m printing all my custom cards over chrome vinyl.

Regards

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I would suggest turning the opacity down on the background a smidge so the text pops out. The image is very busy and maybe hard to read once installed.

Ditto. I don't use many of the custom cards because the text is so hard to read due to the text getting lost in the busy background.

1 week later
#2820 5 years ago

Very nice!

1 week later
#2821 5 years ago

Thanks mbwalker!

I´m working in a "Crew" card. It will be great! I´m using one of the Judge Drebd fonts!

Regards

#2822 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks mbwalker!
I´m working in a "Crew" card. It will be great! I´m using one of the Judge Drebd fonts!
Regards

Quick question. The links you provided look like a static screen shot. Is there a file to download?

#2824 5 years ago

Weird issue on my Judge. ONLY the dead world solenoid fires. Nothing else. Would this be a CPU issue? Power cycle and one out of 20 times it will work properly. Also I'm an idiot and broke my glass and not the translite. Who sells blank glass?
?

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from Linkage:

Weird issue on my Judge. ONLY the dead world solenoid fires. Nothing else. Would this be a CPU issue? Power cycle and one out of 20 times it will work properly. Also I'm an idiot and broke my glass and not the translite. Who sells blank glass?
?

When you say dead world solenoid are you talking about the whole mechanism rotating? If so that is a motor. I would first check your fuses if all the solenoids are out.

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from Linkage:

?

Any local glass shop should be able to help. Get tempered 27 inch x 18-7/8 inch x 1/8 inch thick.

1 week later
#2828 5 years ago

Looks great, and it's legible!

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Looks great, and it's legible!

Thanks Gogojohnnyquack!

Both cards are readible. I will show you an amazing print version of both cards ahead! Stay tunned!

Regards

1 week later
#2831 5 years ago

It's readable and looks great!

#2832 5 years ago

I was just finishing up a kit for this game. This game has the fewest GI bulbs of any game I've ever worked on, and wow is the center of the playfield dark. Spotlights make a huge difference!

The manual lists "Cursed Earth" flashers, that are under the playfield ("under globe"). I've looked several times and can't find them. Do they actually exist, or is it possible these got left in the manual and didn't make it into the production models?

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I was just finishing up a kit for this game. This game has the fewest GI bulbs of any game I've ever worked on, and wow is the center of the playfield dark. Spotlights make a huge difference!
The manual lists "Cursed Earth" flashers, that are under the playfield ("under globe"). I've looked several times and can't find them. Do they actually exist, or is it possible these got left in the manual and didn't make it into the production models?

I believe they are under the playfield on the long board that houses both regular bulbs and some flashers. It is long and has many bulbs on each side, some are flashers.

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I believe they are under the playfield on the long board that houses both regular bulbs and some flashers. It is long and has many bulbs on each side, some are flashers.

You're absolutely right, thank you!! They're mixed in amongst the GI sockets that illuminate the subway below the globe. One of them is the 2nd down on the left side. The other is 2nd from the bottom on the right side.

#2835 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers limited edition available for Judge Dredd, just 5 minutes to install! Pick these up on our Pinside store, or through our website:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/02005-judge-dredd-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-dark-blue

judge-dredd-hinge-cover-text (resized).jpgjudge-dredd-hinge-cover-text (resized).jpg

You can get these in any of the 8 available colors, however our red is a deep blood red when on and is highly recommended for Dracula!! Because this is the most common color we stock, we offer a discount of 10.00 for this color.

lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_ (resized).jpglighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_ (resized).jpg

Many titles and designs available, check out our store and search by game!

lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resizedlighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resized

If you can throw a magnet on a fridge, you'll be halfway done with the installation of this Mod! No permanent game changes, and easily followed written and video instructions provided. All hardware, power adapters, and everything needed for installation is provided. Our customer service is top notch in the industry.

twilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpgtwilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpg

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

15 years for not rebuilding your flippers.
[quoted image]

Nice one, they were though, the result mad heavy play.

#2837 5 years ago

After Deadpool and Ghostbusters arrived, love and affection for Dredd has wavered...

Projecting new bar for him to go this year.

#2838 5 years ago

trying to find some plastics or a complete set! anybody have any spare?

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

trying to find some plastics or a complete set! anybody have any spare?

What are you after?

I have a pair of sling shot plastics and this one. Both are new and unused.

5e7325b47e90495f75109ee5ec6b2d6d41cbc97b (resized).jpg5e7325b47e90495f75109ee5ec6b2d6d41cbc97b (resized).jpg
#2840 5 years ago

I've got a couple of wires to repair on my Dredd. The first is one that tore loose at some point near the back of the playfield underside. I PRESUME it's to go back into the diverter solenoid where you can also see a broken wire, but I can't see if the wire colour matches to be certain, nor could I determine that from the manual.

Secondly, there's the cable with three wires going into a plug in the second pic that isn't plugged into anything, and I actually couldn't find where it plugs into. Any help indicating where that should go would appreciated too! Maybe it's down to inexperience but I couldn't find that in the manual either.

dredd_wires (resized).jpgdredd_wires (resized).jpgloose_plug (resized).JPGloose_plug (resized).JPG
#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from node:

I've got a couple of wires to repair on my Dredd. The first is one that tore loose at some point near the back of the playfield underside. I PRESUME it's to go back into the diverter solenoid where you can also see a broken wire, but I can't see if the wire colour matches to be certain, nor could I determine that from the manual.
Secondly, there's the cable with three wires going into a plug in the second pic that isn't plugged into anything, and I actually couldn't find where it plugs into. Any help indicating where that should go would appreciated too! Maybe it's down to inexperience but I couldn't find that in the manual either.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I have that rogue plug as well, and I think maybe even another one with no mate under the playfield. I'm assuming they don't plug into anything, but were probably for some other feature that was removed pre-production. Anybody know what these plugs were intended for?

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Yeah I have that rogue plug as well, and I think maybe even another one with no mate under the playfield. I'm assuming they don't plug into anything, but were probably for some other feature that was removed pre-production. Anybody know what these plugs were intended for?

I thought it might be something like that, but wanted to make sure - I know it's fairly common with pins for plugs or pin headers to go unused.

I should have mentioned - my deadworld doesn't turn either, which I presume is down to either that loose plug or broken wire! (Hopefully not a broken gearbox -_- )

#2843 5 years ago

I had a broken wire that prevented my Dead World from functioning as well. Had to fix some broken wires around the outhole trough too! What's up with all the disconnected wires on our Dredds?? haha!

#2844 5 years ago

I found some decent resolution wiring photos and it looks like that green/white wired plug is indeed meant to be unplugged. https://www.flickr.com/photos/61565401@N08/with/8566778169/

Sadly I still can't tell for sure if the brown wire I've got loose should be soldered onto the diverter solenoid. I'm 99% sure by process of elimination, but if anyone can check their Dredd when they get a chance I'd really appreciate it.

#2845 5 years ago
Quoted from node:

I found some decent resolution wiring photos and it looks like that green/white wired plug is indeed meant to be unplugged. https://www.flickr.com/photos/61565401@N08/with/8566778169/
Sadly I still can't tell for sure if the brown wire I've got loose should be soldered onto the diverter solenoid. I'm 99% sure by process of elimination, but if anyone can check their Dredd when they get a chance I'd really appreciate it.

According to the manual it should be a brown/orange wire.

#2846 5 years ago

Anyone have the subway switches not score intermittently? I think it’s just a weird thing with how the holes are cut into the subway.

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Anyone have the subway switches not score intermittently? I think it’s just a weird thing with how the holes are cut into the subway.

Yes, haven’t looked into it as why it may be happening though. Seems as if it goes in fast it might not register but if it goes in slow it will.

#2848 5 years ago

It’s new switch time, don’t fiddle with it, don’t adjust it, just replace it and call it good.

2 weeks later
#2849 5 years ago

Does anybody know the part number or spec for the bolts used to attach the topper bracket to the head?

Also, the screws to attach the topper to the bracket?

#2850 5 years ago

Thinking about joining club Dredd. However, I have small kids. Is there any swearing or anything that could be considered remotely scary on this game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/57?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.