IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 98.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice custom dust cover on the way!

Wow that's really nice!! Where did you got it?

Gustavi

#2752 5 years ago

Another cover option 4B79E4AD-89CA-4F05-AE9E-EFFCDB980AD2 (resized).jpeg4B79E4AD-89CA-4F05-AE9E-EFFCDB980AD2 (resized).jpeg

#2753 5 years ago

I think I have a fix for the problematic drop targets.

I’ve been having the jittery drop targets for a while even after cleaning.

I finally took apart, and debuted everything, put ptfe powder and reassembled the mech.

In addition I swapped out the knocker 23-800 coil in for the 24-900 drop target coil.

Now with the stronger coil there’s not even a hint of hesitation or jitteryness. First shot reset during game play, no question about it.

The driver board should handle it since all the outputs are the same design.

Is there something else I’m missing that can give trouble with the coil swap?

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Another cover option

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Alex,
Here you go (state side tho) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8936
I've been looking for the Pursuit plastics, where did you find them?

My JD has an aftermarket topper that is gold with a gloss finish. Is the matte gold the correct (factory) color?

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

My JD has an aftermarket topper that is gold with a gloss finish. Is the matte gold the correct (factory) color?

Depends. Story goes that they were originally going to be shiny gold from the factory but to save costs they went with the Matte mustard gold color. I prefer the shiny gold topper to the matte one.

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Another cover option

How much and where do you get these made?

#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

How much and where do you get these made?

I got mine via Walmart online and the seller is Trevco. It was 21.75 if I remember correctly. Other places sell it though - I would just internet search “Judge Dredd fleece blanket” and see what you can find.

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Another cover option

Let me ask a group question. Something I've never really thought about, and for whatever reason I'm starting to notice it more...
I see people using these dust covers. I've never used a dust cover on any of my machines. I can't say that I notice a lot of dust in general on my machines, or anything major that's stood out to me...maybe the machines get played a lot and that's why, im not sure. I bet there's dust on top of the cabinet head though But in general, what are peoples specific reasons or feelings on using dust covers?

#2760 5 years ago

I’m a little OCD on clean glass. My pins were not terribly dusty without them by any means but with them they don’t get any dust on the glass and that equals less glass cleaning for me which is a plus.

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Depends. Story goes that they were originally going to be shiny gold from the factory but to save costs they went with the Matte mustard gold color. I prefer the shiny gold topper to the matte one.

I got an official repro from PPS a while back. It was mustard yellow, I bought metallic gold spray paint and sprayed it, let it sit a few days and cleared it. It looks great, not chrome gold, but nice and shiny

#2762 5 years ago

JD is the first pin I vividly remember playing in middle school. After trying to join the club countless times and coming up short, I'm finally in! Picked it up a few weeks ago but did a full tear down. Polished the field, tumbled most mechs, rebuilt all the flippers, regrained all the ball guides, installed pinbits new ramp flaps, rebuilt the planet gear box, added dead world mod, fixed various items on the field, and added LEDs. This one is never leaving!

IMG_20180524_230918 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_230918 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_230910 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_230910 (resized).jpg

#2763 5 years ago

Dredd
Is
Currently
My
Earner!

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

JD is the first pin I vividly remember playing in middle school. After trying to join the club countless times and coming up short, I'm finally in! Picked it up a few weeks ago but did a full tear down. Polished the field, tumbled most mechs, rebuilt all the flippers, regrained all the ball guides, installed pinbits new ramp flaps, rebuilt the planet gear box, added dead world mod, fixed various items on the field, and added LEDs. This one is never leaving!

I never get tired of this game.
Congrats! Pics look great.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Congrats! Didn't know much about JD when I bought mine, but it looked intriguing. Only discovered the good rule set after playing. Glad we went for it. Can be a very challenging game at times but remains fun enough that a quick game can be enjoyable. And the price is still reasonable. Great artwork and the sound is excellent. It's a keeper. Should be rated higher than the 50ish range. As I mentioned in a prior post, and other people have also chimed in - the ColorDMD is a fantastic addition...really improves the game. Might want to look onto that.

#2766 5 years ago

If you haven't rated JD on Pinside then take a few moments to do so. I realize it probably won't change its ranking, but it couldn't hurt as I also feel it should be rated higher.

#2767 5 years ago

What would you rate Dredd? Even tho I love the game I admit it’s a 7/10 title, 8 at most.

Checking my rating I gave it a 7.9 btw.

#2768 5 years ago

Well I got Scared Stiff, India Jones, Dracula, DE Star Wars, Data East Rocky and bullwinkle and none of them beats the deep rules on Judge, I really love this game and is my numero uno !!!

Gustavo

#2769 5 years ago

I don’t find Dredd deep as much as there is a lot of it. It has a ton of modes, plus Supergame, but you can’t stack modes or do anything really strategic besides try for the bonus doubler when you have a lot of bonus stacked up, and the wizard mode is as basic as it gets although it’s still a blast to get to, especially if you manage to do it through the multiball.

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don’t find Dredd deep as much as there is a lot of it. It has a ton of modes, plus Supergame, but you can’t stack modes or do anything really strategic besides try for the bonus doubler when you have a lot of bonus stacked up, and the wizard mode is as basic as it gets although it’s still a blast to get to, especially if you manage to do it through the multiball.

Yes I think Dredd has a lot to do but maybe not "deep" when compared to a LOTR or TSPP or even newer Sterns. That being said I think it was deep for its time. I think a p-roc re-writing of the rules would be amazing with this pin given the wide layout and interesting, unique shots.

For me, in its current state, what would make Dredd an absolute winner for me would be another code update with the ability to have Deadworld mod locking along with the L7 rom bug fixes, and a proper re-orchestrated Pinsound mix!

#2771 5 years ago

I like the music, but do agree L7+Deadworld would be nice.

I think adding a dynamic for linked modes being completed would be cool and give the ability to select modes a little more weight too.

2 weeks later
#2772 5 years ago

My Dredd came with the Deadworld mod installed, and it seems to function correctly, but it won't empty one of the locked balls after the game ends. Is this normal? Also I see the Pinbits site mentions a Magnetic Ball Trough Liner with their kit. What does this look like and what exactly does it do? I'm not even sure if my game has this installed.

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

My Dredd came with the Deadworld mod installed, and it seems to function correctly, but it won't empty one of the locked balls after the game ends. Is this normal? Also I see the Pinbits site mentions a Magnetic Ball Trough Liner with their kit. What does this look like and what exactly does it do? I'm not even sure if my game has this installed.

Yeah the ball will just hang out on the ring until the next time the game needs the ball (multiball, ball jam, etc...)

The liner is a kind of long strip of plastic you slide into the trough in case it's got divots causing the ball to hang up.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=449&zenid=5f5206f897b1f56eecaaf511c78c8377

#2774 5 years ago

Was thinking about replacing all my rubbers on my Dredd as I have noticed that one of the rubbers behind the "JUDGE" drop targets has become a bit frayed. I have the rubber kit already specific to Dredd - I'm just a bit apprehensive to start taking off the ramps, etc. Is this a pretty easy job? Any pitfalls I should know about before attempting to do this? I should probably do a good cleaning of the playfield too while i'm at it. Currently use CP-100 to clean the playfield, plastics and rubbers. Is this good enough, or should I be using Novus and wax? Thanks in advance!

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Was thinking about replacing all my rubbers on my Dredd as I have noticed that one of the rubbers behind the "JUDGE" drop targets has become a bit frayed...

Ditto here too. Almost to the point of breaking at the drop downs. I have a new rubber kit already. But I'm tempted to put in Titan's, which are synthetic - I think it is going to a royal PIA and and I only want to do it once.

I installed Titan Comps on the flippers and no doubt about - I enjoyed them much more. However, I do want to add the original rubber could have been well past their useful life. So likely not a good comparison. I actually got the Titan replace kit, but oops - yellow. Want a different color.

Really interested in the replies to you question.

#2776 5 years ago

@bigballa69 take pictures!!!
Here when I tore mine down.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-shop-job

Need to do it again soon on mine.
Good luck

#2777 5 years ago

Hey Soap,

The photobucket link appears broken.

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey Soap,
The photobucket link appears broken.

Bummer - yeah looks like it’s broken - I would really like see the pictures you took soapman. The suggestion about taking pictures while tearing it down though is great though - thanks !

#2779 5 years ago

I guess I should have checked, sorry. It was 5 years ago. I will get it updated and post link.
Thanks for letting me know.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I guess I should have checked, sorry. It was 5 years ago. I will get it updated and post link.
Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for updating!

#2781 5 years ago

Ok, wow...I knew I loved this game, but I just did a flipper re-build...first time mind you and did it on both lower flippers, also replaced the coil on the right lower...rebuild went well, no issues and did this on my JD, tonight....holy shit...hitting ramps like no one's business....hit all modes and did Ultimate Challenge, put up a GC score and had a blast...THIS is what I'm talking about!!!
Flipper re-build, CHECK!

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Ok, wow...I knew I loved this game, but I just did a flipper re-build...first time mind you and did it on both lower flippers, also replaced the coil on the right lower...rebuild went well, no issues and did this on my JD, tonight....holy shit...hitting ramps like no one's business....hit all modes and did Ultimate Challenge, put up a GC score and had a blast...THIS is what I'm talking about!!!
Flipper re-build, CHECK!

I put the blue coils on the lower flippers for mine and it is ridiculously fast. Also clearcoated the playfield.

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Ok, wow...I knew I loved this game, but I just did a flipper re-build...first time mind you and did it on both lower flippers, also replaced the coil on the right lower...

Try some Titan Comp on those too! Made a huge difference on ours. Very responsive.

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Try some Titan Comp on those too! Made a huge difference on ours. Very responsive.

I also have put Titan rubbers on both the upper and lower flippers. They are great! I agree, very responsive.

#2786 5 years ago

Looks amazing man. Nice work!

Any chance you or anyone else have any old plastics sitting around and trying to offload?
I'm in need of the long right side plastic that the 3 meltdown towers sit on, as well the long left one that enters into the left kickback lane.

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well... sad to say that, in the end, negotiations failed (what a f***ing long "couple" of months, huh?), so I've got a few extra beautiful new JD parts lying here in search of a new home (pin)!

Man, @AlexSMendes, I wish you were still on pinside...id love to snag those spare plastics...

#2788 5 years ago

Oh did he dip out? I thought it had gotten quiet around here...

#2789 5 years ago

@ChipScott. I think I have the one that the tower mounts to. I'll check on the others tonight. At work now. Ya it sucks but they have free beer.

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

ChipScott. I think I have the one that the tower mounts to. I'll check on the others tonight. At work now. Ya it sucks but they have free beer.

Awesome if you do! Let me know
Thanks for your response!
-Chip

#2791 5 years ago

Made some new cards today...

MVIMG_20180623_173244.jpgMVIMG_20180623_173244.jpg

MVIMG_20180623_173607.jpgMVIMG_20180623_173607.jpg
#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Made some new cards today...

Very nice...mind sharing with your brethren JD'ers?

#2793 5 years ago

ChipScott this is what I have.

20180624_090748 (resized).jpg20180624_090748 (resized).jpg20180624_090757 (resized).jpg20180624_090757 (resized).jpg20180624_090804 (resized).jpg20180624_090804 (resized).jpg
#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

ChipScott this is what I have.

Thanks for checking @Soapman, really appreciate it! I'll PM you. That is one of the pieces I'm hunting for.

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Very nice...mind sharing with your brethren JD'ers?

Thanks. Happy to!
I create these cards on a Word Doc file. I have a pretty good color printer, so it came out with some pretty decent color and quality. I just remoce a chunk of excess paper and then fold the edges of the paper back to fit the picture (which is just about right size for the card, like you see in the pics). Ideally I like to eventually take them to an Office Store and get them laninated, and I'll probably do that later today.

I am happy to email this file to anyone interested. Just send me a PM.

#2796 5 years ago

Anyone have the sniper plastic or the right side shooter plastic

#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks. Happy to!
I create these cards on a Word Doc file. I have a pretty good color printer, so it came out with some pretty decent color and quality. I just remoce a chunk of excess paper and then fold the edges of the paper back to fit the picture (which is just about right size for the card, like you see in the pics). Ideally I like to eventually take them to an Office Store and get them laninated, and I'll probably do that later today.
I am happy to email this file to anyone interested. Just send me a PM.

ChipS,

PM sent!

#2798 5 years ago

Kind of an odd question. Super clean shots to the stake out ramp cause the ball to travel so fast that it flies wildly off the habitrail. A couple of those wild balls have slammed into my recently replaced main ramp . Does anyone have any suggestions on how to slow the ball down prior to it entering the habitrail?

#2799 5 years ago

Oh how far JD has come. Nice to see it getting the love that it deserves!

#2800 5 years ago

Just installed the interactive JD Sniper mod from @Medisinyl. Took 2 minutes to install and it looks aaammmazing!!!
Thanks Greg!!!

MVIMG_20180629_204454.jpgMVIMG_20180629_204454.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/56?hl=fiatsrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.