IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 98.
#2601 6 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions for external power supplies that I can connect in to the existing so it turns on with the main machine power? I'm drawing too much power on my game with all the extra lighting mods and stuff I have installed!

#2602 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Does anyone have any suggestions for external power supplies that I can connect in to the existing so it turns on with the main machine power? I'm drawing too much power on my game with all the extra lighting mods and stuff I have installed!

You can use a standard arcade power supply unit hooked up to the transformer. I had one on my STTNG and also have one on my Getaway machine, mainly cause the lit price cards on both were putting too much strain on the system, along with other mods

#2603 6 years ago

Do all maintenance outlets inside the cabinet turn on and off with the main power switch? I plugged in my Pin Stadiums to it expecting them to stay on but they seem to power on and off with the pin - ?

#2604 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Do all maintenance outlets inside the cabinet turn on and off with the main power switch? I plugged in my Pin Stadiums to it expecting them to stay on but they seem to power on and off with the pin - ?

The outlets stay on so you can use them to plug in a soldiering gun while the game is off but pinstadiums turn themselves on when the GI turns on triggered by your GI alligator clips

#2605 6 years ago

Ah - forgot about the GI trigger! Makes sense - Thanks!

#2606 6 years ago

Dammit, i want in this club

#2607 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Installed my pinstadiums today. Wow what a diffrence

Beat me to it again! Just got mine done today and I am blown away as well - I can SEE again!
Love these Pinstandiums and on Dredd they do a great job of lighting some real dark areas:
- Left orbit
- Lower playfield by flippers and outlanes
- Mid playfield is significant
- Sniper area
- Right ramps

I really like the fact that you can dial the brightness up/down as you see fit - very custom!

Scott sent me the plug in power supply so install took a whole 10 minutes max - no need to even open the backbox

I'm ordering a set for my Houdini next
So far I've got them on: AC/DC, WOZ and Dredd

Before and after shots taken 60 seconds apart
IMG_0549 (3) (resized).JPGIMG_0549 (3) (resized).JPG

Another shot

IMG_0546 (resized).JPGIMG_0546 (resized).JPG

#2608 6 years ago

Joined today! So excited to get it fired up!

JD (resized).jpgJD (resized).jpg

#2609 6 years ago

Awesome - looks good! Welcome to the club!

#2610 6 years ago
Quoted from LTRAiN:

Joined today! So excited to get it fired up!

Congrats! Great game

#2611 6 years ago

Well I am happy to announce I brought home my second pin yesterday and am addicted haha. Pretty happy with the purchase. It has all LEDs, has the color DMD in it (a great game for it) and has the deadworld mod along with a few other small things. As you can see the cab is a little faded but everything is in good shape overall including the playfield (which I should have taken a better picture of for you guys, ill do that tonight). I do feel like I overpaid for it a little bit at 3500, should have been more around 3000 in my opinion but I wanted it. It does have the topper as you can see but is broken and has been glued back together and is missing a little piece. What do you guys think...? Looks good in the game room . Ill be spending the day reading through this whole forum haha and Ill take some more pics tonight when I get home with some more detail on the playfield (top and under) and the boards. It will need a little work but hopefully nothing serious

20180402_162347 (resized).jpg20180402_162347 (resized).jpg

20180402_152031_HDR (resized).jpg20180402_152031_HDR (resized).jpg

20180402_152018_HDR (resized).jpg20180402_152018_HDR (resized).jpg

20180402_162401 (resized).jpg20180402_162401 (resized).jpg

20180402_134255_HDR (resized).jpg20180402_134255_HDR (resized).jpg

#2612 6 years ago

Congrats and welcome!

#2613 6 years ago

IMG_20180405_082658 (resized).jpgIMG_20180405_082658 (resized).jpg

#2614 6 years ago

Adding my pics of my Dredd with Pin Stadiums

DreddBefore (resized).jpgDreddBefore (resized).jpg

DreddAfter (resized).jpgDreddAfter (resized).jpg

PinStadiumScreen (resized).jpgPinStadiumScreen (resized).jpg

#2615 6 years ago

Hi guys,

I just replaced C2 and heat compound on BR1 on the driver board, just for precaution, now when I power on, the crane never stops and the meltdown light and lock phase one light stays on as well, it was working flawlessly before that, any ideas?

Gustavo

#2616 6 years ago

And now it's putting 2 ball in the lane!!! Damn it!!!! Help!!

#2617 6 years ago

More issues now, F104, F105 and F114 blow after powering on, what's going on with this machine!! Is was perfect before C2 changed!

No playfield lights and can't access coin door menu button?... help

Gustavo

#2618 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

More issues now, F104, F105 and F114 blow after powering on, what's going on with this machine!! Is was perfect before C2 changed!
Gustavo

Are you sure C2 is installed correctly/ direction?

#2619 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

I would start another thread since there will likely be a lot of discussion and post the link here rather than clutter up the JD thread.

#2620 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

I would start another thread since there will likely be a lot of discussion and post the link here rather than clutter up the JD thread.

Well is about JD isn't? Where do you think I post this thread?

#2621 6 years ago

Just trying to be helpful. There is not going to be a quick answer to your problem. It will get much more attention in Forum » Tech » Tech: Modern games. A lot of the technical guys aren't going to be looking at club threads.

#2622 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Just trying to be helpful. There is not going to be a quick answer to your problem. It will get much more attention in Forum » Tech » Tech: Modern games. A lot of the technical guys aren't going to be looking at club threads.

Thanks I wil do.

Gustavo

#2623 6 years ago

Haggy38 sorry to hear!

I find it's never clear what should go into these "machine specific" threads and when a new thread should be created. The informal rule I've followed is that "light topics that should only trigger a few posts as responses" should go in the "machine specific" thread. Anything that is deeper (such as electronic issues that span multiple pins) I'd put in another thread. In my opinion

IMHO it's fine to start another thread and then post in the machine specific thread with a reference ("hey guys, please look at this thread").

In your case, since you potentially caused a driver problem that isn't specific to Judge Dredd, you'd perhaps get wider audience posting under tech.

I'll ask some questions since I don't see another post yet...

1) When you took the driver board out to replace C2, are you sure you connected all the connectors correctly? Is anything off by 1 pin or plugged into the wrong place? I know most of the connectors are keyed, but I don't recall if every single one is keyed

2) Are you skilled at desoldering / soldering? I only ask because if you say "Yes, it's 2nd nature to me" I'll assume it's unlikely you shorted something

#2624 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

haggy38 sorry to hear!
I find it's never clear what should go into these "machine specific" threads and when a new thread should be created. The informal rule I've followed is that "light topics that should only trigger a few posts as responses" should go in the "machine specific" thread. Anything that is deeper (such as electronic issues that span multiple pins) I'd put in another thread. In my opinion
IMHO it's fine to start another thread and then post in the machine specific thread with a reference ("hey guys, please look at this thread").
In your case, since you potentially caused a driver problem that isn't specific to Judge Dredd, you'd perhaps get wider audience posting under tech.
I'll ask some questions since I don't see another post yet...
1) When you took the driver board out to replace C2, are you sure you connected all the connectors correctly? Is anything off by 1 pin or plugged into the wrong place? I know most of the connectors are keyed, but I don't recall if every single one is keyed
2) Are you skilled at desoldering / soldering? I only ask because if you say "Yes, it's 2nd nature to me" I'll assume it's unlikely you shorted something

Hi,

I marked all connector to avoid this type of mistakes, but it might made a mistake between J133 and J134, till I rechecked the schematics. I’m skill on electronics, I already restored IJ, DESW, and recently BSD, got all the tools desoldering station, oscilloscope, etc.

But I’m really surprised the outcome.., I’m rechecking my work and connections

#2626 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi,
I marked all connector to avoid this type of mistakes, but it might made a mistake between J133 and J134, till I rechecked the schematics. I’m skill on electronics, I already restored IJ, DESW, and recently BSD, got all the tools desoldering station, oscilloscope, etc.
But I’m really surprised the outcome.., I’m rechecking my work and connections

As you found, J133/J134 are electrically the same. Sorry you have run into this.

... Altan

#2627 6 years ago

Do you guys always play the extra ball? It just bothers me that the high score doesn't appear to differentiate the difference if one plays the extra ball or not, so it's like you almost always just should play the extra ball because of that, although I'd rather not. Wonder if there is a setting in the menu? I haven't look that deep into it yet.

#2628 6 years ago

I never play the extra ball for my scores, but I leave it on for if guests want to use it. You can turn extra ball off in the features menu

#2629 6 years ago

Love this and Anthrax. Where did you get it? That is a cool looking record.

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Love this and Anthrax. Where did you get it? That is a cool looking record.

Thanks bro! I am an avid record collector and I got tons of stuff of the METAL bands I like (you should see my MAIDEN collection). Anyway, you can find some of these ANTHRAX albums on eBay...

#2631 6 years ago

My old translite was falling apart so I made a new a one. Worked on some of the colours to make them stand out more. Picture has colour leds behind some sections (6 blue and 5 red). Spend huge hours on the computer to get it how I wanted it.

IMG_20180408_095400 (resized).jpgIMG_20180408_095400 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180408_101010 (resized).jpgIMG_20180408_101010 (resized).jpg

#2632 6 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

My old translite was falling apart so I made a new a one. Worked on some of the colours to make them stand out more. Picture has colour leds behind some sections (6 blue and 5 red). Spend huge hours on the computer to get it how I wanted it.

Looks fantastic - tons of work I bet!

#2633 6 years ago

Can anyone clarify when balls should lock on the first JUDGE multi? Im running promo roms with deadworld, and seem to be getting some random virtual locks for balls one and two. No errors in test.

Is there any situation where a ball should lock without going up the left ramp? Also, it seems like I start with one lock some games?

Tested optos and seem to be good. Although left ramp enter opto, mine says 67, is not used (but I think thats normal).

Hard to get the game dialed in when I dont know the rule set well yet!

#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I checked with my art guy and he is in a good mood today so he has giving me the file to give to you all..

Can anyone who got this file for the cooling tower mod stickers please PM me? I need it, and I'd be eternally grateful!

#2635 6 years ago

toxicwes pm me your email.

#2636 6 years ago

This is my second JD. I sold my first one because my friend had sex on it and i could never look at it the same. But this one will be the greatest JD of all time!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-judge-dredd

#2637 6 years ago

I just Ordered a Deadworld Mod from Pinbits! Pretty excited to refresh the game a little. It's still a favorite! (Cool to see this thread still alive)

#2638 6 years ago

I have admittedly done a lot of things to my Dredd, but the Deadworld mod hasn't been one of them (and I actually already own it). Deadworld currently rotates seemingly randomly and when a ball goes in it just rotates till the ball drops back out. I guess I have avoided it because of concerns of introducing errors\issues after the game is now playing relatively stable. Can anyone convince me otherwise? Thanks

#2639 6 years ago

Personally, I like the Deadworld mod. I know when I installed mine, it did uncover a few issues that were there but was just a few optos that needed to be cleaned and the arm needed adjusted. Just kind of cool when it starts spinning when multiball locks are enabled and then they are dropped backed down in play one by one by crane

#2640 6 years ago

I have a deadworld mod ring installed too. But I recently went back to L7 ROM from L1AT ROM because I like the small bug fixes they made on L7 and fixed some of the modes (eg. double missles work on pursuit with the ? Target) that were still in prototype on L1. I do miss the three balls in the planet but to be honest it makes the game faster. I realllllly wish someone would make an L7 ROM with the deadworld locking. That would be perfect for me

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Can anyone clarify when balls should lock on the first JUDGE multi? Im running promo roms with deadworld, and seem to be getting some random virtual locks for balls one and two. No errors in test.
Is there any situation where a ball should lock without going up the left ramp? Also, it seems like I start with one lock some games?
Tested optos and seem to be good. Although left ramp enter opto, mine says 67, is not used (but I think thats normal).
Hard to get the game dialed in when I dont know the rule set well yet!

I'm stupid. Just discovered last night that my game only had 5 balls in it. Added ball, and all is right. My deadworld still doesn't spin as freely as I would like, even with no discs on. I think it is rubbing against the plastic at the base. I am going to re-position and maybe try to shave a bit of that plastic back today.

#2642 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I think it is rubbing against the plastic at the base

Loosen the screws that hold the assembly underneath and adjust a little bit, the shaft is most likely rubbing against one of the 2 deadworld "tray" plastics. I had to do this on a JD project machine once before.

#2643 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Loosen the screws that hold the assembly underneath and adjust a little bit, the shaft is most likely rubbing against one of the 2 deadworld "tray" plastics. I had to do this on a JD project machine once before.

This seemed to make it run quite a bit smoother! I played a few games and am still getting the right ramp to register as a left ramp hit sometimes. Going to troubleshoot a bit more tonight

#2644 6 years ago

Is anyone willing to do a custom Pinsound mix for Dredd? I've made a custom one but it only has new music and maybe one or two SFX replaced, not a complete revamp. I think this game would really benefit from a fully custom sound mix with new Music, Voices and SFX. Hell, i'd be willing to chip in to get it made! I just don't have the resources to do it myself. Any takers?

Also, would anyone want to try adding Deadworld Mod locking (all 3 balls) along with all the bug fixes from L7 onto a new ROM? Probably not possible but these two things (custom Pinsound mix and revamped ROM) would be my dream come true.

#2645 6 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

... I recently went back to L7 ROM from L1AT ROM because I like the small bug fixes they made on L7 and fixed some of the modes (eg. double missles work on pursuit with the ? Target) that were still in prototype on L1. ...

Thanks for posting this. I wish there was a complete list of the changes between L1 and L7. The release notes seem to skip over several aspects, minor or not.

... Altan

#2646 6 years ago

Yeah I noticed a few changes like the main shooter lane was more responsive and the coil reacted quicker. The left shooter was also firing better with Air Raid. I noticed that voices didn't overlap as much (might have something to do with Pinsound as it included all sound files, some only used in certain version of the ROM), and I noticed that if you hit the question mark target during pursuit it would activate double missles with ramp shots (something that L1AT didn't do; I believe with L1AT after you hit the ? Target on pursuit it stops all missles entirely haha).

It still hasn't stopped the bug of the left ramp not working properly during manhunt millions when the planet is spinning (it always locks a ball instead of registering a manhunt million ramp shot). Other than that I like L7 even though I miss my 3 balls orbiting around deadworld :/

#2647 6 years ago

I've owned a couple of JD's and as I remember the Hall of Justice Plastic fit flat. I've got a game now where the plastic is raised up to fit around the wireform and even has a screw holding up one side of the plastic. This game also has a switch on the arm that picks up balls from the planets so it may be an early sample. Curious if this is the same on other games. There's really no way to fix it without modifying the plastic. See photos.

IMG_0179 (resized).jpgIMG_0179 (resized).jpg

IMG_0180 (resized).jpgIMG_0180 (resized).jpg

#2648 6 years ago

Mines popped up like that too, pretty sure that’s how they’re meant to be.

#2649 6 years ago

Mine is popped up too. .

#2650 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Mine is popped up too. .

Mine too. I believe it is done to remove a potential ball trap

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/53?hl=gunnder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.