IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 98.
#2551 6 years ago

I need to get those stickers. Looks great.

#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I need to get those stickers. Looks great.

I ordered mine from Planetary and wherever you order, make sure the decals are the "tall ones" or they will get torn off in short order as they rub against the face of the PF when they drop. The Planetary ones are tall enough - work perfect. You CAN use the short ones but you will need to cover with a mylar decal that is long enough to prevent the problem

Link

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPA-31-1793-J

#2553 6 years ago

Yeah got to have those target stickers. Any time a see a Dredd without them it just looks so empty there.

#2554 6 years ago

There are alternative drop target decals available too

#2555 6 years ago

Got my inside cab art installed yesterday it's coming right along

20180225_125633 (resized).jpg20180225_125633 (resized).jpg

#2556 6 years ago

20180227_213334 (resized).jpg20180227_213334 (resized).jpg

20180227_213701 (resized).jpg20180227_213701 (resized).jpg

#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

That on your pic is no crimp-connector. You've had something else plugged in there, feeding back into the lamp matrix via the paralleled plugs to the right.
As for ghosting: I've patched both L1AT and L7 and as far as I can remember although being much better, there still was a very slight ghosting visible. But not enough to be disturbing from a normal playing distance. My machine is not here, so I can't confirm this atm. But I can image this to be different if you are using extremely bright unfiltered LEDs..

Hi cynric I am sure you have already been asked and that the answer is a firm "no" but here goes anyways. Can you add the active deadworld code from L1AT to L7 ROM?.........Please?

#2558 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Got my inside cab art installed yesterday it's coming right along

Looks great. The blue wireforms are really neat. I like how you matched them with blue rubbers on your flippers. How did you go about coloring the wireforms? Nice topper too. Did you get that from PPS? I bet that sniper mod that's out there with blue glow behind the window would look good on your game too.

#2559 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hi cynric I am sure you have already been asked and that the answer is a firm "no" but here goes anyways. Can you add the active deadworld code from L1AT to L7 ROM?.........Please?

I've thought about if that can be done many times, but I am afraid the answer is a firm "no".
L1 has a few really ugly bugs (esp with unexpected locks in multiplayer mode) that L7 does not. However the differences even between L1 and L3 (earliest I could find) are so severe that there is probably no way of backporting the ring lock without having the WMS source code or being a real 6809 guru. And unless someone here is pals with Jeff Johnson I doubt that that's likely to happen..

#2560 6 years ago

I find the L1AT experience is kinda less smooth... timers are very exact with no grace period for example... but not all that different from L7. It does seem like some guys are doing amazing stuff with roms these days tho, so it if someone made an update that supported deadworld lock I'd be into it.

#2561 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks great. The blue wireforms are really neat. I like how you matched them with blue rubbers on your flippers. How did you go about coloring the wireforms? Nice topper too. Did you get that from PPS? I bet that sniper mod that's out there with blue glow behind the window would look good on your game too.

The previous owner did all the powder coat which sold me right away lol. Yeah I got the topper from PPS the game just doesn't look right without it IMO

#2562 6 years ago

Trying out a little gold trim on the back box

20180304_171543 (resized).jpg20180304_171543 (resized).jpg

20180304_171517 (resized).jpg20180304_171517 (resized).jpg

#2563 6 years ago

I want to say it's overkill, but you know what? I like it. Looks really cool.

#2564 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I want to say it's overkill, but you know what? I like it. Looks really cool.

That's exactly how I felt about it I thought it would be too much. But when I put it on I really liked how it came out. The down side is now I want the legs rails and lock bar to match the gold/brass look hahaha it's close with the gold powder coat but next to my brassed ToM I can't help but want to do it. Maybe one day I need to pace myself I know dredd isn't going anywhere and the brass treatment is kinda pricey. Most folks would think it to be crazy to sink that kinda $ into brassing a dredd but to me I think it would fit it perfectly. One day it may happen but for now im happy with the look. Maybe I'm the crazy one lol this game is such an underrated, underappreciated gem. The geometry is second to none, the theme is badass and so is the artwork. Just imagine what a game this packed would cost if stern or JJP produced it today this " $1400 game folks" would be more like $14,000 as a new in box made in 2018. sure the opto issues can be challenging to diagnose sometimes but when you get it running perfectly it is a super satisfying game.

#2565 6 years ago

20180307_210335 (resized).jpg20180307_210335 (resized).jpg

#2566 6 years ago

There it is... overkill.

Just say no to action figures on your pins.

#2567 6 years ago

That why I decided to set it on top not inside. Especially In such a crowded game lol

#2568 6 years ago

Hey guys I am looking for a left out lane guide the tab on my by the flippers is missing if anyone has one and willing to let it go please let me know thanks.

20180309_105131 (resized).jpg20180309_105131 (resized).jpg

20180309_105124 (resized).jpg20180309_105124 (resized).jpg

#2569 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Hey guys I am looking for a left out lane guide the tab on my by the flippers is missing if anyone has one and willing to let it go please let me know thanks.

I think this is the one you need and for $40 seems like you get a bunch of them as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-judge-dredd-ball-guides

Dredd (resized).JPGDredd (resized).JPG

#2570 6 years ago

Dredd

#2571 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Is this a common breaking point on these games? This is the third one this week that I've seen these tabs broken on. Anyone have a fix for this? My thought was to rivet new "L" brackets to the guide and place the rivet head either high or low enough that it doesn't affect the ball.

#2572 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Is this a common breaking point on these games? This is the third one this week that I've seen these tabs broken on. Anyone have a fix for this? My thought was to rivet new "L" brackets to the guide and place the rivet head either high or low enough that it doesn't affect the ball.

You could MIG tabs onto them although the heat will discolour the other side and could potentially warp somewhat as well. In the past i have silver soldered tabs back on successfully which works quite well and doesn't damage the rest of the outlane if done properly. Mind you those tabs weren't busted right off, only partially. The theory is still the same though, just make a tab out of stainless and make sure it's in the right spot.

#2573 6 years ago

Mines broken too. Feels pretty common.

#2574 6 years ago

My JD is coming next week. Stadium lights (external power) and colorDMD (LCD) here waiting to go in. Machine looks to be in great shape, gold powder coated. Bought it from Top Score Gameroom out of Missouri.

Has anyone ever used any LED strips around/behind the topper? All my machines have toppers that light up, and I don't want to leave JD out

Color changing LED strips are cheap, just curious if anyone else has tried it?

#2575 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Has anyone ever used any LED strips around/behind the topper?

Yes!

IMG_2428.JPGIMG_2428.JPG

#2576 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

My JD is coming next week. Stadium lights (external power) and colorDMD (LCD) here waiting to go in. Machine looks to be in great shape, gold powder coated. Bought it from Top Score Gameroom out of Missouri.
Has anyone ever used any LED strips around/behind the topper? All my machines have toppers that light up, and I don't want to leave JD out
Color changing LED strips are cheap, just curious if anyone else has tried it?

I put LED strips behind the backbox and threaded the remaining portion of strip through the back box to sit hidden under the backbox and in the back of the Playfield to light up the back of the pf, which is admittingly quite dark. The strip came with a remote to turn on/off and change colors, etc. When I play and forget to turn them on, I'm having fun no doubt, but then when I remember to turn them on I always say, wow, that looks so much better! Haha

image000000_02~2.jpgimage000000_02~2.jpg

#2577 6 years ago

I picked up a major Judge Dredd project at the Texas pinball show. I think I have all the parts to bring it back from the dead.

Probably going to try my first cabinet redecal. My question is has anybody ever seen any alternate cabinet decals? Was thinking if something cool and unusual was out there I might try it.

20180317_084053 (resized).jpg20180317_084053 (resized).jpg

#2578 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I picked up a major Judge Dredd project at the Texas pinball show. I think I have all the parts to bring it back from the dead.
Probably going to try my first cabinet redecal. My question is has anybody ever seen any alternate cabinet decals? Was thinking if something cool and unusual was out there I might try it.

I have a set of cabinet decals if your interested. Original not alternate

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dredd-i-am-the-law/page/3#post-1086681

#2579 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

PM me for further details!

14508291886_6b00e6f7d2_c (resized).jpg14508291886_6b00e6f7d2_c (resized).jpg

#2580 6 years ago

Finally going to dive into our JD. I guess the first question is what is multiball actually supposed to look like? Regular game it just spits out all 6 balls and ends with 2 in play, and in supergame its starting with 4 balls going to 6 when complete drops then ends with 2 in play.

#2581 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenover:

Finally going to dive into our JD. I guess the first question is what is multiball actually supposed to look like? Regular game it just spits out all 6 balls and ends with 2 in play, and in supergame its starting with 4 balls going to 6 when complete drops then ends with 2 in play.

That’s not right. Are your trough opto boards working correctly?

#2582 6 years ago

Where do you get the alternate cab decals?

#2583 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

That’s not right. Are your trough opto boards working correctly?

most definitely need attention. Ive been working my way through some of the other mechs first that made the game unplayable.

#2584 6 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Retro Refurbs has them, and the matching alternate translite too.

#2585 6 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Link to it on the website?

#2586 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Link to it on the website?

Yeah just search for it and everything comes up: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=judge+dredd&post_type=product

judge-dredd-alternate-pinball-cabinet-decals-artwork-alternative-comic-flipper-side-art (resized).jpgjudge-dredd-alternate-pinball-cabinet-decals-artwork-alternative-comic-flipper-side-art (resized).jpg
judge-dredd-alternative-pinball-cabinet-decals (resized).jpgjudge-dredd-alternative-pinball-cabinet-decals (resized).jpg
judge-dredd-red-alternate-pinball-translite-alternative-flipper-backglass (resized).jpgjudge-dredd-red-alternate-pinball-translite-alternative-flipper-backglass (resized).jpg

#2587 6 years ago

Awesome quality material!

#2588 6 years ago

Yesterday searched and those weren’t coming up. Now today they are.

#2589 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Yesterday searched and those weren’t coming up. Now today they are.

Same for me.

#2590 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Yeah. I used a strip of LEDs which also slots in under the legs of the eagle.

20180204_070825973_iOS (resized).jpg20180204_070825973_iOS (resized).jpg

20180204_162017000_iOS (resized).jpg20180204_162017000_iOS (resized).jpg

#2591 6 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

You're all welcome!

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

#2593 6 years ago

Friend of mine just got a dredd and is having issues with the drop targets, you hit the J and sometimes the U but they dont go down?

I haven't looked at it yet but thinking it could be the spring, the actual plastic target its self or could just need a clean

Anyone got any other ideas if its none of the above?

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Friend of mine just got a dredd and is having issues with the drop targets, you hit the J and sometimes the U but they dont go down?
I haven't looked at it yet but thinking it could be the spring, the actual plastic target its self or could just need a clean

Does it have any aftermarket J U D G E stickers on the targets? If so sometimes they get caught and impede the target from going down (most JUDGE stickers now are taller so that this won’t happen). If that isn’t the case then pull the whole target bank out and give it a good cleaning, there shouldn’t be and lube or grease on it. Inspect springs, targets, etc when cleaning it.

#2595 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Does it have any aftermarket J U D G E stickers on the targets? If so sometimes they get caught and impede the target from going down (most JUDGE stickers now are taller so that this won’t happen). If that isn’t the case then pull the whole target bank out and give it a good cleaning, there shouldn’t be and lube or grease on it. Inspect springs, targets, etc when cleaning it.

Not sure on the stickers but thanks for the advice

#2596 6 years ago

After lots of plays some of mine tend to go down real slowly. Give the targets and washers a good clean. I used to put a little bit of lubrication on them (got slow again after a year or so), but have switched to some custom made 0.6mm teflon washers instead a few months ago and they seem to hold up great so far.

#2597 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

They just need a good cleaning. Take them apart. Do not use lubrication.

#2598 6 years ago

Installed my pinstadiums today. Wow what a diffrence

20180324_080839 (resized).jpg20180324_080839 (resized).jpg

#2599 6 years ago

Yeah, I love mine. Went to a tournament this week and could not believe how dark all the pins looked! What did you use to trigger the UV?

Also, I recommend a colorDMD as your next mod.

#2600 6 years ago

I used the planet flasher it times out perfect with the thunder sound in the background

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/52?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.