IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
There are 4,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 98.
#2501 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Could you post a pic??

Sure here you go!

28991 (resized).png28991 (resized).png

20180208_175150 (resized).jpg20180208_175150 (resized).jpg

#2502 6 years ago

OK that makes sense. I couldn't picture WHERE you put the lexan pieces.

#2504 6 years ago

I'm probably going to steal that since I like how it hides the bulbs.

#2505 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I'm probably going to steal that since I like how it hides the bulbs.

I will take that as a compliment. Thanks! Honestly, it takes the edge off the flasher bulbs and really lights up the entire playfield. Kind of reminds me of gettin pulled over, lol...

#2506 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Just joined the club today

Welcome and congratulations! My Dredd took some tweaking to get it like I wanted it but I love it now. I didn't have much luck finding plastics state-side at a decent price. Little Shop of Games had some (https://littleshopofgames.com/product/judge-dredd-sling-shot-plastics/). Marcos had some (http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=dredd+plastic) but their inventory seems to fluctuate. And you can check Pinbits for the Deadworld mod and protectors (http://www.pinbits.com). Others may have better resources but I hope that helps.

Good luck!

#2507 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Sure here you go!

Wow - that looks nice! Thanks for the pics and gif.

BTW - is that a Dragon on your playfield?

#2508 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Wow - that looks nice! Thanks for the pics and gif.
BTW - is that a Dragon on your playfield?

That would be Judge Death shoulder guard.

#2509 6 years ago

Judge death install in process. Reflector in lower right will be connected to "Death" flasher insert for effect! 12v 555 bulb on order!

20180208_214835 (resized).jpg20180208_214835 (resized).jpg

#2510 6 years ago

Hey all, having an intermittent issue with ball launch. Every third or forth ball the game thinks that the ball has already been launched (it plays the motorcycle sound effect). The coil never fires and the roll over switch in the shooter lane seems to not know that a ball is sitting on it. Pressing the launch ball button just switches between game modes. I'm guessing the roll over switch is going bad but the thing that bothers me is that the game never goes into ball search. Even if the switch is bad and the game thinks the ball has already been launched shouldn't it try to find the ball after no other switches are activated for a long time? Has anyone had a similar issue to this one? Hopefully replacing the switch will do the trick but it seems like something else might be going on here. Thanks in advance!

#2511 6 years ago

Go into switch edge test and check out the shooter lane switch and the trough switches.

Are you using the deadworld mod?

#2512 6 years ago

Cover for JD todayEE8DE370-5957-42BF-9D81-E796D041949B (resized).jpegEE8DE370-5957-42BF-9D81-E796D041949B (resized).jpeg

#2513 6 years ago

Getting my new dredd tuned up this weekend

20180209_234417 (resized).jpg20180209_234417 (resized).jpg

#2514 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Go into switch edge test and check out the shooter lane switch and the trough switches.
Are you using the deadworld mod?

I did the switch test. Switch is working perfectly. I am not using the dead world mod. Seems like it must be a game logic issue???

#2515 6 years ago

Getting my new dredd tuned up this weekend

I always like seeing how others have personalized their Dredd. Did you paint your rails blue? If so, what process did you use?

#2516 6 years ago

The previous owner powder coated them blue. It think It fits the art great they had also powder coated the trim to match the apron. Almost finished shopping it out can't wait!!

#2517 6 years ago

Very nice dredd with no fading that I can see ,someone put some work into it with that matching armor,that game would look even better with the cooling tower mod ,if fact all dredds look better with the mod.

#2518 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

cooling tower mod

Where would one find out more about this "cooling tower mode"? Thanks!

#2519 6 years ago

Look at back posts. If you need help with items let me know. ( on my phone so not easy to give links)

#2520 6 years ago

Here's a better pic

20180212_222335 (resized).jpg20180212_222335 (resized).jpg

#2521 6 years ago

One of the towers is a bit hot but I think it will hold and not melt down ha ha,really only had two bulbs the same and the third was a little brighter ,sorry I did not tell you more about the mod but I only remember that the towers are from Marco and they are the towers from Simpsons,I am sure you can fine the details on here,a bit of work but well worth it.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2522 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Just picked up JD, Lah and SS on Tuesday. I like JD a lot so far but just getting into it. Are there any must have things to buy for it? Also love how you can get a bunch of different shot combos going and it flows great as long as you're on your game.

Sniper Tower and Dead world mods. I love them both! They really add to the game.

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'll post it soon, but for now if anyone is interested, I've made a thread for an interactive Sniper Tower mod (short clip and other details in the thread): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread
EDIT: It is now available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led (as always, any interest is appreciated).

Great mod!! Nice job. I love mine.

#2525 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Anyone know what this plastic is from? It looks to be by John G for our beloved JD pinball, but I have not seen it before - ? Thanks

This is what the individual pieces look like. It looks very cool together. Was considering using mine for the topper with leds lighting it but decided to go with the eagle instead

20180215_155002 (resized).jpg20180215_155002 (resized).jpg
20180215_154915 (resized).jpg20180215_154915 (resized).jpg

#2526 6 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

Sniper Tower and Dead world mods. I love them both! They really add to the game.

Quoted from Kas24:

Great mod!! Nice job. I love mine.

Just seeing these now. Always thrilled to see positive feedback on my mods, and I appreciate the recommendation Thank you.

#2527 6 years ago

Replaced the beat up pursuit plastics and decals with PB Life parts - added some rubber "handmade" washers from a post rubber (front and back) to protect a little from future cracking from vibration. Parts from PBL fit perfectly

IMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPG

IMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPG

IMG_0067 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPG

IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPG

IMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG

#2528 6 years ago

Has anyone installed pinstadium ligh ts in dredd? If so how well does it fit when you need to raise the playfield?

#2529 6 years ago

Has anyone installed pinstadium

I have them installed with GI and UV options and I love them. The fit is tight but it works fine. So much brighter and vivid. If you have any mods I recommend having Scott include the external power supply up front. I trigger GI off of a front sling light and the flasher off of the Deadworld flasher. I have a post with connector info in pinstadium forum if you are interested in more detail.

#2530 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

I have them installed with GI and UV options and I love them. The fit is tight but it works fine. So much brighter and vivid. If you have any mods I recommend having Scott include the external power supply up front. I trigger GI off of a front sling light and the flasher off of the Deadworld flasher. I have a post with connector info in pinstadium forum if you are interested in more detail.

I would like to see that post, I ordered mine, but have yet to install it, and I didn't get an external psu, wondering if I should.

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I would like to see that post,

Sure thing - see post 1349 of pinstadium forum:.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/27.

FYI - Scott is an awesome seller and very responsive.

#2532 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Sure thing - see post 1349 of pinstadium forum:.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/27.
FYI - Scott is an awesome seller and very responsive.

Very helpful, thanks!

#2533 6 years ago

Quick question, do you have the side decals under the pinstadium mounting magnets as well or just the bare cabinet wall?

#2534 6 years ago

do you have the side decals under the pinstadium mounting magnets as well or just the bare cabinet wall

I have bare wall. The magnetic strip is self adhesive and sticks right below the glass channel. Personally I don't think having something there would be an issue unless you want to remove them later - ? The lights themselves have about a 1/4" overhang so that they don't shine into the eyes of the player. I have mirror blades on my AFMr LE and didn't think twice about mounting them on it.

Hope that helps.

#2535 6 years ago

Just added the topper and a green deadworld ring. Looks pretty badass

20180220_170445 (resized).jpg20180220_170445 (resized).jpg

20180220_170452 (resized).jpg20180220_170452 (resized).jpg

#2536 6 years ago

AWESOME! Looks good!

#2538 6 years ago

Feels like we have dueling JDs here in Knoxville

Drewblood419 went with me to pick mine up ... he helped find it for me as well. Told me that I would love it - WOW was he right. I think it is awesome.

I am blown away that this game is not treasured by all and highly collectible. If you have any love for comics, it's an instant attraction. I've been reading some of the Dredd comics to get familiar with the theme - great stuff.

My JD had the orange ring installed in the Deadworld, so I took that all the way and had Pinbits make me the entire orange plastic protector set.

I also installed a Mezco limited edition Judge Dredd figure just behind the DW area - looks awesome

Got a Pinsound board ready to install right after I upgrade the backbox speakers

IMG_0091 (resized).JPGIMG_0091 (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPGIMG_0086 (resized).JPG

#2539 6 years ago

Wow! Would love to hear your input on the pinsound board once installed.

#2540 6 years ago

Anyone use the LED ghosting patch with the L1 ROM and still experience ghosting? I swapped the chip out and don't see any difference.

#2541 6 years ago

Ken I had the same problem even with the non ghosting rom installed, took me ages to figure it out , ended up removing j136 connector and all problems went away

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from newy16216:

Ken I had the same problem even with the non ghosting rom installed, took me ages to figure it out , ended up removing j136 connector and all problems went away

By doing this you are disabling something (or somethings) that are connected to lamp columns 7 and 8. But I expect you've realized that.

I looked at the schematic for more info but it, unfortunately, says nothing is connected to J136 --- which appears to be wrong.

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

By doing this you are disabling something (or somethings) that are connected to lamp columns 7 and 8. But I expect you've realized that.
I looked at the schematic for more info but it, unfortunately, says nothing is connected to J136 --- which appears to be wrong.

Now I am curious. I just did a quick check of my wiring, and I don't have anything plugged into J136

#2544 6 years ago

Do a search here and you will find that it’s best to leave J136 unplugged on Dredd

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-issues-with-lamp-matrix#post-3157828

#2545 6 years ago

Interesting.

I opened up by JD backbox and verified nothing connected to j136 — consistent with schematics. I was too quick to believe the schematics were wrong!

Also, there is no connector hanging around that could be put there.

#2546 6 years ago

Once I removed j136 I had no more weird lighting problems and the game past all tests ,

#2547 6 years ago

That on your pic is no crimp-connector. You've had something else plugged in there, feeding back into the lamp matrix via the paralleled plugs to the right.

As for ghosting: I've patched both L1AT and L7 and as far as I can remember although being much better, there still was a very slight ghosting visible. But not enough to be disturbing from a normal playing distance. My machine is not here, so I can't confirm this atm. But I can image this to be different if you are using extremely bright unfiltered LEDs..

#2548 6 years ago
Quoted from newy16216:

My j136 is disconnected.
I recently added comet 2 smd greens to the meltdown and ball locks and they blink constantly as soon as you start a game. The crime scenes go a little bananas as well. so i added a led patched rom hoping it would fix it and it did nothing.

#2549 6 years ago

Cleaned and rebuilt the drops tonight. Ordered new targets, new springs and new decals. Also replaced the drop target reset plunger shaft and, of course, a new coil sleeve. I added a bright red target in the middle ... looks and works like a champ now! Here's a few pics

Notice the green circuit board section that someone had used to patch the 5 bank target stop wire guide/mount - thankfully, I had ordered one from PBSP.au

IMG_0161 (resized).JPGIMG_0161 (resized).JPG

IMG_0160 (resized).JPGIMG_0160 (resized).JPG

IMG_0162 (resized).JPGIMG_0162 (resized).JPG

#2550 6 years ago

...and today I cut a custom piece of temporary mylar to cover the insert area near the slings. That area above Dredds head with the 4 large inserts is not perfectly smooth and I'm affraid over time the edges may get banged off. Waxed it first, then blue taped the mylar in place, then peeled backing and squeegeed down - and other than "not-as-shiny-as-the-rest" of the playfield, it looks perfect. Hard even to see in the image but if you look at the blue field above dredds head at the white stars (just below the mode inserts) you can see the horizontal edge going left to right

I've include my template as a JPEG but if anyone needs as a PDF, just PM me

IMG_0171 (resized).JPGIMG_0171 (resized).JPG

Dredd_mylar (resized).jpgDredd_mylar (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/51?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.