IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 98.
#2451 6 years ago

This one:a18722fc756ddb7c78e1770a792b96b71586987a (resized).jpga18722fc756ddb7c78e1770a792b96b71586987a (resized).jpg

#2452 6 years ago

Dibs on whatever plastics are still available. I was literally looking for a set earlier today and only found them in Euros, if you know what I mean. PM sent. Thanks!

#2453 6 years ago

Man that emergency vechile plastic was so impossible to find. Then someone thankfully redid it. Took me 3 years to find it.

#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Are they separate parts or only a package? Because I NEED one of those plastics.

Ibwould love the decals if you do separate them. Might need a couple plastics too.

#2455 6 years ago

I only play Super Game - anybody else?

#2456 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I only play Super Game - anybody else?

Polar opposite FTW!

#2457 6 years ago

Holy moly slightly off topic saw both dredds today. That newer one is very solid still.

The older one has some charms for me.

Can you imagine a cross between the two.

#2458 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Holy moly slightly off topic saw both dredds today. That newer one is very solid still.
The older one has some charms for me.
Can you imagine a cross between the two.

I love the new one with the GoT girl! I heard they were making a series based on that movie!

#2459 6 years ago

Yeah, Dredd 3D was a solid flick, can't believe I passed on that one in the theaters!

#2460 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah, Dredd 3D was a solid flick, can't believe I passed on that one in the theaters!

I hope this happens!

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a837878/judge-dredd-tv-mega-city-one-karl-urban-plot-netflix-release-date/

#2461 6 years ago

Sorry for the slightderailment.

The judges by Brian bolland. If these guys show up in anything new, he and they are in big trouble. I look forward to seeing it happening.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2462 6 years ago

I love the artwork on Judge Dredd.

I love the gameplay on Judge Dredd.

Judge Dredd is an awesome pin.

Repeat.

#2463 6 years ago

I have my deadworld mod installed and it is working much better now that I have moved the crane optos over using spacers. I would say once in every 30 plays the game still loses track of balls. After watching closer as the balls are loaded and unloaded onto the deadworld ring, I noticed that the balls will fall short of the crane opto or the ball won't load correctly onto the ring and will roll off the right side of the deadworld. This is causing the game to lose track of the number of balls. I assume adjusting the crane slightly to the left will help with the opto issue, but has anyone had the issue with balls not correctly loading onto the ring?

I was thinking of bending the metal tab, that holds the ball for loading, in further.

#2464 6 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

I have my deadworld mod installed and it is working much better now that I have moved the crane optos over using spacers. I would say once in every 30 plays the game still loses track of balls. After watching closer as the balls are loaded and unloaded onto the deadworld ring, I noticed that the balls will fall short of the crane opto or the ball won't load correctly onto the ring and will roll off the right side of the deadworld. This is causing the game to lose track of the number of balls. I assume adjusting the crane slightly to the left will help with the opto issue, but has anyone had the issue with balls not correctly loading onto the ring?
I was thinking of bending the metal tab, that holds the ball for loading, in further.

Hi, yes there is a process for adjusting the crane. Check it here: http://www.iobium.com/tuning_judge_dredd_for_the_locki.htm

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hi, yes there is a process for adjusting the crane. Check it here: http://www.iobium.com/tuning_judge_dredd_for_the_locki.htm

Thanks for the info.

I have done all this, but on a rare occasion it will still fall off the crane. Maybe I need to try and adjust it more, or maybe it could be shaking the machine too much.

#2466 6 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

The "guide" tab might be slightly bent too far to the right yeah. I've not had this problem on my machine but i can't think of anything else that would make the ball fall out to the right side of the disc.

#2467 6 years ago

My sniper upkicker/habitrail (I think) is getting really close to the glass and getting stuck now and then. Any ideas? Did I bend something?

#2468 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

My sniper upkicker/habitrail (I think) is getting really close to the glass and getting stuck now and then. Any ideas? Did I bend something?

I just had that issue and noticed that I was missing the little rubber grommet at the bottom of the mech. Also took it apart, cleaned it up and replaced the coil sleeve and it's all working fine now.

#2469 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Ibwould love the decals if you do separate them. Might need a couple plastics too.

PM'ed you!

PS: I think I already replied to everyone who inquired me about the plastics and the decals... Sorry if I missed anyone and if I did, please, send me a PM.

#2470 6 years ago

Ooooh nice Deadworld ring! Mine is chipped and scratched to hell.

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I just had that issue and noticed that I was missing the little rubber grommet at the bottom of the mech. Also took it apart, cleaned it up and replaced the coil sleeve and it's all working fine now.

I mean on the actual habitrail it's weird.

#2472 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I mean on the actual habitrail it's weird.

Right, the ball just kinda hangs up at the top of the Up kicker? In this weird perfect little pocket it's impossible to shake it out of?

#2473 6 years ago

Hey guys I'm hunting for a really nice judge dredd to put in token game tavern here in Knoxville. Recently I was diagnosed with a form of bone marrow cancer called MDS. Chris over at token told me I could put a machine in there to help with extra cash income while I'm out of work having treatments. We both agreed that dredd would be a great fit. And it's one I wanted to get for home down the road anyhow. If anyone has a really nice preferably unfaded example they might be willing to part with please let me know. Feel free to call or text me at 865-963-5906 thanks, Andrew Henderson

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

PM'ed you!
PS: I think I already replied to everyone who inquired me about the plastics and the decals... Sorry if I missed anyone and if I did, please, send me a PM.

Plastic set and decals gone. Still got the 2 DeadWorld rings.

#2475 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Right, the ball just kinda hangs up at the top of the Up kicker? In this weird perfect little pocket it's impossible to shake it out of?

Just a bit down the trail where all the ramps are stacked up. I'll take a pic next time it happens.

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Plastic set and decals gone. Still got the 2 DeadWorld rings.

Well..., the deadworld rings are also gone!

Anyway, another opportunity to buy a JD pin has just arose for me this past weekend, so let's see how it turns out... From the pics I got from the seller, looks like the plastics of this machine aren't in bad state, but you know..., since I have an easy and fast way to get brand new repros, and since ALL plastics of ALL my machines were replaced by these new repros, I don't see why not doing the same with this one if I end up buying it!

#2478 6 years ago

Gotta get a Judge dude, it's just a crazy fun game.

#2479 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Gotta get a Judge dude, it's just a crazy fun game.

Man..... I KNOW!!!!

#2480 6 years ago

Greetings. Has anyone had any experience with these cabinet decals ( http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/judge-dredd-cabinet-decals-next-gen.html ) Good Quality? Accurate reproduction ( dots)? Thanks !

#2481 6 years ago

Hey everyone. I know I have seen it in the thread before, but I just can't find it. I've got what I believe is a simple problem that is not necessarily unique to my Judge Dredd.
Well, all in all everything seems to be working fine, but when I turn the machine on everything resets to factory settings. I have to go into the settings and set it to free play every single time. Also, all previous high scores get reset starting at that game.
Is this a battery problem in the back box? If I remember from the earlier thread, this is a easy fix, I just can't remember what the exact fix is. Can someone explain the fix to me, Maybe with a picture as well? Thanks everybody in advance!!!!!

#2482 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Hey everyone. I know I have seen it in the thread before, but I just can't find it. I've got what I believe is a simple problem that is not necessarily unique to my Judge Dredd.
Well, all in all everything seems to be working fine, but when I turn the machine on everything resets to factory settings. I have to go into the settings and set it to free play every single time. Also, all previous high scores get reset starting at that game.
Is this a battery problem in the back box? If I remember from the earlier thread, this is a easy fix, I just can't remember what the exact fix is. Can someone explain the fix to me, Maybe with a picture as well? Thanks everybody in advance!!!!!

Replace the batteries.

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Replace the batteries.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know what battery is preferred for this game? Is there a preferred process to changing out a battery on a 93 Bally? Silly question, I'm sure. Never had to change a battery on a game before. Thx

#2484 6 years ago

Any AA battery would do, you need three of them. Change them out frequently so they don't leak if they are still on the board. I would get a remote battery pack and Mount it to the side of the cabinet away from the board. Normally the swap is done with the game on so setting/scores aren't lost. Too late though in your case.

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Any AA battery would do, you need three of them. Change them out frequently so they don't leak if they are still on the board. I would get a remote battery pack and Mount it to the side of the cabinet away from the board. Normally the swap is done with the game on so setting/scores aren't lost. Too late though in your case.

Thanks guys. Took a look in the backbox. Looks like the batteries are connected via wire off to the side from the CPU board, not directly fixed to board itself. Replaced with Energizer AA batteries. Reset to free play, turned machine off and on and setting saved. Nice! Funny, after all the technical things that get discussed, this time, it's just a AA battery change! Haha. Thanks again y'all, all is well with the JD world again.

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks guys. Took a look in the backbox. Looks like the batteries are connected via wire off to the side from the CPU board, not directly fixed to board itself. Replaced with Energizer AA batteries. Reset to free play, turned machine off and on and setting saved. Nice! Funny, after all the technical things that get discussed, this time, it's just a AA battery change! Haha. Thanks again y'all, all is well with the JD world again.

Good to hear its already been modified. I personally use Energizer Lithium because the potential of leaking is very very low. In a home use environment though your batteries are more likely to die before they start to leak.

#2487 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I personally use Energizer Lithium because the potential of leaking is very very low.

Ditto.

#2488 6 years ago

Gonna finish LEDing out my dredd. What looks best in the pursuit flashers?

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I have Comet tower flashers, can't remember exactly which one though, they have a chrome finish metal top and really look awesome
Edit* These one's I love them!

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/10smd5630t10metal.htm

#2490 6 years ago

I did red and blue flashers in the corresponding sides, looks cool.

#2491 6 years ago

I think I also use what is linked above. I went through several Comet red and blue LEDs getting brighter each time until I got the look I wanted.

I also recommend checking out the Comet Fire LEDs for the backglass under Judge Fire. I think it gives it a nice look.

#2492 6 years ago

Anyone know what this plastic is from? It looks to be by John G for our beloved JD pinball, but I have not seen it before - ? Thanks

DreddPinball01 (resized).jpgDreddPinball01 (resized).jpg

#2493 6 years ago

That's part of the pretty rare promo standup. You are missing 2 feet, a Megacity One background and a Dredd for the foreground.

#2494 6 years ago

While I am here, I will share what all I have done with my Judge Dredd for future reference. I know being able to search old posts has been very helpful to me so maybe this will help someone at some point who is doing research. I was completely new to pinball when I bought my JD out of a barcade and have very basic electrical expertise:
- ColorDMD is a GREAT addition and was easy for me to install. Support was good however I sort of wished there was an external power supply option. For my JD it pushed the limit of 12v power which causes F116 to pop. So if you have other mods be aware of this. This led to some other mods as you will see.
- Upgrading to all LEDs made a difference as well, but for both good and bad. I bought tons of Comet LEDs of all types and colors to play around with and really enjoyed tweaking them all to get the look I liked. And there are bulbs tucked away on the playfield that took me longer to find and change to LED than I care to admit. I admittedly broke a few bulb sockets\soldered connections while doing this upgrade but Marco had replacement boards available if necessary. While it definitely brightened things up, once done though ghosting was a major distraction. Lights seemed to flicker randomly in attraction mode and I would think I was activating a chain mode when it was just random ghosting (at least that is how I remember it).
- LEDOCD and GI OCD boards where added pretty easily and boy did it improve all that ghosting! Lights now have nice fades and animations are clear. Support was great again and after I popped the LEDOCD fuse several times (due to not finding all of the incandescent bulbs initially) I was able to send it back in for a test and eventual replacement board.
- Pinsub sub-woofer out audio board by Pinovators. Super simple install and the addition of the sub makes up for the lack of shaker motor.
- I tried to add an LED set of light strips but broke the solder connections while installing and shorted out F116 again (or maybe it was F115 or F114...?). Support was great from them and I was able to return them for a refund.

At this point I was happy but kept blowing F116 randomly and the PF was so dark I had to keep the lights on while playing. I also had a few other mods (like the sniper tower mod) that I was afraid to put on because of this.

- Rottendog Power Driver board was added (when I bought my JD it already had several other RD board in it to include the battery replacement chip). Install was time consuming as I labeled and double checked all of the connections. After this upgrade I stopped having trough error messages from the optos. FYI - I have found at least TWO connections that were wrong on the power driver board which caused me some headaches. Support from RD was GREAT (this hobby has a lot of great vendors) and after some troubleshooting got it installed and stopped F116 from blowing fuses...until I added Pin Stadium LEDs.
- Pin Stadium LED strips with GI controller and UV option is another great upgrade and fairly straight forward to install if you do your homework. Tight fit but so happy I did it. I can't speak highly enough about Scott and his response\support. It took 5 weeks for each order to arrive (I put them on my AFRMr LE as well) but I am very happy with them. However, once I connected the UV Flasher control I was popping F116 again. Scott immediately sent me an external power supply which I plug into the service power outlet and I am good to go again! (BTW - my service outlet is switched power which I didn't think it would be).

So my 6 year old and I play JD several times a week and I can beat him most times but not all. Feel free to ask questions or Message me about anything. Enjoy!

#2495 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

That's part of the pretty rare promo standup. You are missing 2 feet, a Megacity One background and a Dredd for the foreground.

Thanks! I know I have seen those other parts as well.

#2496 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I just did the regular comet flashlamps (red and blue) but I hated the way they only shot light out through the sides of the plastics. So... I went to work and cut "caps" out of lexan with aluminum tape facing toward the flash lamp face. This has a great affect and you cannot even tell that the "upgrade" was made to the pursuit plastics...

#2497 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Anyone know what this plastic is from? It looks to be by John G for our beloved JD pinball, but I have not seen it before - ? Thanks

dredd (resized).jpgdredd (resized).jpg

Not mine, sadly.

#2498 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I just did the regular comet flashlamps (red and blue) but I hated the way they only shot light out through the sides of the plastics. So... I went to work and cut "caps" out of lexan with aluminum tape facing toward the flash lamp face. This has a great affect and you cannot even tell that the "upgrade" was made to the pursuit plastics...

Could you post a pic??

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Just use these http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm

Or these if you like being blinded http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/10smd5630t10.htm

#2500 6 years ago

Just joined the club today unfortunately the seller (I had it shipped) did not disclose a few things. Most of things I can fix and am not really worried about but there are a few cracked plastics and the shooter maybe plastic is missing. Before I hit up eBay or the sites overseas I figured I'd check with the club members and see if any of you guys may have any spare parts/ plastics you may part with to get this new member up and running fee free to pm me with any things you may have thanks guys I'm stoked to join the club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/50?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.