IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 98.
#2301 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Same here. My middle target tends to go down reeeaaal slow after a few months of play. I apply a little bit of WD-40 to a piece of cloth and wipe the part of the target that goes between the washers with it once it gets slow again. Works well that way.

That's a short-term band-aid that will end up with a gunky mech down the line.

The key is to clean everything super well. I lightly sanded all the hardware and the washer posts, perfect after that!

#2302 6 years ago

I'm getting fast balls bouncing into the right outlane from the right return ramp, is this a common problem? is there a known adjustment/tweak/fix for this?

#2303 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I'm getting fast balls bouncing into the right outlane from the right return ramp, is this a common problem? is there a known adjustment/tweak/fix for this?

Adjust where the ramp drops the ball. You can also put some foam at the end of the ramp to help absorb some momentum.

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I put some post rubbers under the ramp mounting peg, on the bolt. It helps, but a real screamer will still bounce out now and then.

This never really happened on my old JD, just my newer one.

#2305 6 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll have a play.

2 weeks later
#2306 6 years ago

Excited to join this group. Drove 11 hours in total to pick up mine but was worth the road trip for sure.

20170910_150007 (resized).jpg20170910_150007 (resized).jpg

#2307 6 years ago

Congrats. Oooh, nice color on the cab.

#2308 6 years ago

Really like mine after owning for a year.

I buddy said "I thought you were so excited about it when you got it just because it was the newest game... but it's impressive you still love it a year later"

#2309 6 years ago

JD hasn't gotten any love in a couple months because of Congo finally being home and me being lazy fixing a flipper issue.

Fixed it today! Wiped it down, replaced Superbands with red PerfectPlay rubbers, fixed some LED spotlights, added some colored LED backbox flashers.
SO much fun. I don't think I'd ever sell it.

I noticed a new skill shot today I thought I'd share: When launching a ball with all the drop targets up, if you hit it just right with the upper left flipper, you can get the drop targets down in a row. Thus, lighting lock easier!

#2310 6 years ago

Man my Dredd just embarrassed me. It was brutal. Quick someone offer me too much money before I have a good game and decide I like it again.

#2311 6 years ago

dredd plastic (resized).jpgdredd plastic (resized).jpg On that note, still looking for this plastic. Anyone have an extra one or know someplace who's making repros?

#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

On that note, still looking for this plastic. Anyone have an extra one or know someplace who's making repros?

These guys have got them, quality is ok'ish
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/7929/plastic-for-judge-dredd-2?c=2102

#2313 6 years ago

I just realized I never posted any pix of my Judge after the shop job. Well, here it is:

107 (resized).JPG107 (resized).JPG

109 (resized).JPG109 (resized).JPG

111 (resized).JPG111 (resized).JPG

This is my second JD and it's staying around (maybe, screw this bastard of a game) so I took the opportunity to get a few things I'd never had on my original one:

Deadworld Mod
Eagle Topper (oooh, shiny)
Full LED conversion
Color DMD (LED)
Extra PF Lighting (behind drops and crane)
NV RAM Battery Replacement
"Pinball Sucks" Start Button w/color changer

Big thanks to DSuperBee who really did most of the work.

#2314 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. They want $504 US for shipping tho, so I don't think that's going to work.

#2315 6 years ago

Hi club,

I've recently put together what I think is quite a nice Pinsound mix for Judge Dredd for my pinsound board. I've tried to post it on that pinsound community forum but my file size is too big (larger than 200MB I believe). I could put it up on google drive if anyone was interested? The voices are the same unfortunately (I don't have the talent or capacity to re-create them in HD audio) but the music and jingles are all different as is some of the FX. I have also put in multiple tracks in all of the music folders so Pinsound randomly selects a track every time (one of the cooler and less utilised features of pinsound in my opinion). The tracks range from classic punk to industrial rock to heavy rock to electronica and even some psy-trance. I went for a apocalyptic postmodern vibe. Of course the tracks are copyrighted so you would have to own the tracks yourself etc etc.

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I've recently put together what I think is quite a nice Pinsound mix for Judge Dredd for my pinsound board.

I don't have Pinsound sadly, but I'd love to see a video of it.

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

They want $504 US for shipping tho

Wow, hope that's a typo

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Wow, hope that's a typo

Unfortunately no.

I'm sure if I called them something could be arranged but that's a lot of PITA for a barely visible plastic.

#2319 6 years ago

That can't be right, shipping quote was $10 Euro to Australia (cheapest option) or $59 fastest option <<not an option for just a playfield plastic of course.

#2320 6 years ago

Pinballcenter does not ship to U.S. anymore

#2321 6 years ago

That's a bummer

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Unfortunately no.
I'm sure if I called them something could be arranged but that's a lot of PITA for a barely visible plastic.

apparently there is some kind of forwarding service can use???

#2323 6 years ago

Put LED's in mine. So much better.

IMG_6270 (resized).JPGIMG_6270 (resized).JPG

IMG_6279 (resized).JPGIMG_6279 (resized).JPG

IMG_6280 (resized).JPGIMG_6280 (resized).JPG

IMG_6281 (resized).JPGIMG_6281 (resized).JPG

#2324 6 years ago

Quick question, with the dead world mod which game ROM should be in there? I bought the game recently, has the dead world mod, and the rom is L-1. Thanks all!

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Put LED's in mine. So much better.

need to match your flipper bats, son.

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

need to match your flipper bats, son.

You are right. I never even noticed. Got the machine last month and been getting it up to par. Will do this next.

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

You are right. I never even noticed. Got the machine last month and been getting it up to par. Will do this next.

there's always something else.

#2329 6 years ago

Realized my lower left flipper loses about 1/3 power while the Deadworld is spinning/flashing.

It works at 100% when the Deadworld is not lit.

Anyone else experienced this?

1 week later
#2330 6 years ago

I have a question about the crime scene inserts. I think someone changed out the bulbs and mixed up the colors. Does it matter and how do I get it back to origonal?

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I have a question about the crime scene inserts. I think someone changed out the bulbs and mixed up the colors. Does it matter and how do I get it back to origonal?

Cosmetically, it might matter, because if they're not in order they won't match. Gameplay wise I don't think it's gonna change anything.

Pretty sure you go from top to bottom in this order:

Warning - Green
Misdemeanor - Yellow
Felony - Red
Class X Felony - White

I notice it all looks a little more muddled since I went to LEDs tho.

#2332 6 years ago

What is the best light strip color to use under the ramps if I have a orange dead world ring?

#2333 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What is the best light strip color to use under the ramps if I have a orange dead world ring?

Purple/UV will make the color pop

#2334 6 years ago

Just got mine home to add to the SuperPin collection. It will probably be at the store I work at at some point so is there a good rom version that works with the deadworld mod AND Coins? Or should I just disable it?

#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Just got mine home to add to the SuperPin collection. It will probably be at the store I work at at some point so is there a good rom version that works with the deadworld mod AND Coins? Or should I just disable it?

To my knowledge you cannot disable the deadworld mod, but you can remove it if you wish

#2336 6 years ago

You could disable the Deadworld diverter and block off the Deadworld entrance? That way all the lock balls would just travel through. And honestly for a game on route or being used for competition, you want to be using the L7 rom anyways.

When I got my first Dredd the Deadworld was... well dead... so I just straightned out the little bit of metal that caught the ball and just let them drop onto the DW ring and roll down onto the PF. It was janky but it worked.

#2337 6 years ago

In that case does anyone have an original deadworld ring for sale

#2338 6 years ago

not sure you'll find an original.

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

In that case does anyone have an original deadworld ring for sale

https://www.pinbits.com

$45 and you can get orange or red.

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

https://www.pinbits.com
$45 and you can get orange or red.

It shows sold out so you may have to contact them. mike

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

It shows sold out so you may have to contact them. mike

Oh snap. Sorry about that.

Yeah email Pam.

#2342 6 years ago

L7 and the Deadworld lock ring work fine together. Balls are getting picked up by the crane if they dribble down there accidentally, yet the last one that starts multiball is sent there on purpose.

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

L7 and the Deadworld lock ring work fine together. Balls are getting picked up by the crane if they dribble down there accidentally, yet the last one that starts multiball is sent there on purpose.

But what’s the purpose? Deadlock lock “mod” exists so the pinballs orbit dead world. Which is awesome.

Adding the lock ring without the right rom doesn’t do anything, that I know at least.

Maybe this is dealing with the desire to go back to l7 later?

I may have missed the context of your post

#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

But what’s the purpose? Deadlock lock “mod” exists so the pinballs orbit dead world. Which is awesome. Adding the lock ring without the right rom doesn’t do anything, that I know at least.

What the later ROMS do is allow the locks 1 and 2 to travel thru and be counted as a virtual lock intentionally, rather than diverting "any" ramp shot when you have lock lit to the ring, and then holding them in orbit until Multiball starts. It still diverts lock 3, I'd imagine because they were like, well we put this thing in here, it better do SOMETHING.

BUT... ideally the ball would never orbit with an L7 ROM since only the third ball gets sent to the ring, travels to the crane and gets picked up and dropped back into play... IF your crane is working correctly, which it often just kinda forgets to do, and then the poor ball is stuck in eternal orbit once the crane gives up looking for it, with no way to remove it until you glass off. The slotted ring just gives the ball a way out if the crane fails to pick it up and remove it.

SO... a lock ring will work the same as a slotted ring with an L7 ROM, provided there is no failure of the crane.

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

But what’s the purpose? Deadlock lock “mod” exists so the pinballs orbit dead world. Which is awesome.
Adding the lock ring without the right rom doesn’t do anything, that I know at least.
Maybe this is dealing with the desire to go back to l7 later?
I may have missed the context of your post

Just wanted to let cocomonkeh know that he can leave the mod ring in and use L7 with that. So he gets the bugfixed version but still has the much better look of the mod ring (then working just as gunstarhero said).

#2346 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Just wanted to let cocomonkeh know that he can leave the mod ring in and use L7 with that. So he gets the bugfixed version but still has the much better look of the mod ring (then working just as gunstarhero said).

Yea this is the heart of my question. It's going to be on location for a month as part of my selfie league so I can't use the free play rom.
Thanks everyone. I didn't want to have to buy a new plastic when I doubt it will pull $50 for the month.

#2347 6 years ago

Wizard mode question, can you trap up on the right flipper and just repeatably shoot the Vuk upkicker for 10Mill with the left flipper? It keeps feeding the left and it’s a fairly easy shot. Hmm

#2348 6 years ago

I have a NOS JD playfield that was cleared by Ron Kruzman was thinking of selling it was seeing if there was any interest
Thanks

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I have a NOS JD playfield that was cleared by Ron Kruzman was thinking of selling it was seeing if there was any interest
Thanks

Any idea on price?

#2350 6 years ago

SO, I finally figured out the opto/crane/trough/multiball problem so many of us have been having ( Mancave most recently). Or, if nothing else, I got us another step closer to figuring it out.

Initially, I thought it must be the troughs, so I fixed, then replaced those. No dice.

Then, months ago, I (thought I) solved my problem by re-soldering the crane opto connections, but I think what actually happened is I must have physically moved the optos further out, causing them to trigger fully.

Recently, it has been having the problem again (multiball ending early, next ball firing out too many balls, etc), and, fed up, I spent a lot of time fiddling with it and came up with the solution of physically moving the optos further out to cause them to trigger sooner. I think the issue is that the optos do not fully trigger when the ball is passing through (despite them successfully triggering in tests), thus causing it not to register. I have no idea why this works, but it works.

TL;DR: If your JD ends multiballs early and then kicks out too many balls, it may be time for you to put a ring on it (or 40, in my case...10 small washers on each screw, and longer screws).

20171012_145305 (resized).jpg20171012_145305 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/47?hl=manples and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.