IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 98.
#2101 7 years ago

I suppose you would have to unscrew and take off the topper every time you wanted to take a look under he play field if you were to attach with the bracket. Was thinking with the tape it would make things easier, but tape is probably kind of janky.

#2102 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

anyone use double sided tape to secure the eagle topper? I just have my topper sitting on the top of my machine without anything, not a very good idea. When I did a nutty nudge the topper fell on the glass, luckily it didn't break it.

I did 3m mounting tape. I have the hollow shiny eagle so it doesn't weigh much and stays put. I know there are some plaster toppers made where I wouldn't suggest using the tape.

#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I did 3m mounting tape. I have the hollow shiny eagle so it doesn't weigh much and stays put. I know there are some plaster toppers made where I wouldn't suggest using the tape.

OK cool - I have the shiny hollow one too. Ill give the 3M mounting tape a try. Thanks!

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I suppose you would have to unscrew and take off the topper every time you wanted to take a look under he play field if you were to attach with the bracket. Was thinking with the tape it would make things easier, but tape is probably kind of janky.

no, you just have to remove the shooter lane plastic, and that has nothing to do with the topper being installed.

#2105 7 years ago

Wondering if a kind soul can help me out with a new issue I'm having. I was adjusting the LED light strip that sits on the middle of the wire ramp, turn on the machine and all of a sudden my flippers don't work, color DMD is off, and the ball poppers are start popping off and also balls start automatically launching. I took a little video, have no idea where to even start troubleshooting...any help would be great.

#2106 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I was adjusting the LED light strip that sits on the middle of the wire ramp, turn on the machine and all of a sudden my flippers don't work, color DMD is off, and the ball poppers are start popping off and also balls start automatically launching

Most likely a blown fuse. Sounds like the 12V is out so check fuse F115 and F116.

#2107 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Most likely a blown fuse. Sounds like the 12V is out so check fuse F115 and F116.

OK thanks for the tip! I'll check it out tomorrow when i'm back at home. Thanks again!

#2108 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

anyone use double sided tape to secure the eagle topper? I just have my topper sitting on the top of my machine without anything, not a very good idea. When I did a nutty nudge the topper fell on the glass, luckily it didn't break it.

Get the heavy duty 3m command picture hanging Velcro

#2109 7 years ago

Mount the eagle with metal brackets either custom made or from one of the vendors. Tape/Velcro is just asking for trouble.

#2110 7 years ago

Check out these fabric Flag posters from the Band Anthrax with Judge Dredd. They are pretty big and awesome.

71pSZil5uoL._SL1001_ (resized).jpg71pSZil5uoL._SL1001_ (resized).jpg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P2PIWJ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

412Tnyf-m1L (resized).jpg412Tnyf-m1L (resized).jpg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y1D5GQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

#2111 7 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the sound going to MAX on it's own during a game? The only way to turn the volume down is to shut the machine off and back on, or open the coin door and turn it down, or drain the ball. Only after you do one of those things will the volume go back to normal. It is random when it happens. The sound will completely cut out, give one bong, and then MAX volume.

I have replaced the interconnect cable twice with new ones, swapped out the sound board with a known 100% working one. Br's and large caps on the driver board have been replaced as well as the small cap at C2. I have a pinled mpu in the game that has worked great for 2 years. Everything on the machine works great (all switches, lights ect.).

Any help on this would be great.

#2112 7 years ago

PinballManiac40 Do you have anything to add?

#2113 7 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

Has anyone had an issue with the sound going to MAX on it's own during a game? The only way to turn the volume down is to shut the machine off and back on, or open the coin door and turn it down, or drain the ball. Only after you do one of those things will the volume go back to normal. It is random when it happens. The sound will completely cut out, give one bong, and then MAX volume.

I have replaced the interconnect cable twice with new ones, swapped out the sound board with a known 100% working one. Br's and large caps on the driver board have been replaced as well as the small cap at C2. I have a pinled mpu in the game that has worked great for 2 years. Everything on the machine works great (all switches, lights ect.).

Can't say i've heard of this happening before and you've ruled out the obvious reasons it seems. Only thing i can come up with is perhaps the 4 switch bank on the coin door is getting a short every now and then and manually getting stuck on volume up? When you mention the "give one bong" it sounds like when the machine first turns on but i presume the machine isn't resetting. Got me stumped.

#2114 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Check out these fabric Flag posters from the Band Anthrax with Judge Dredd. They are pretty big and awesome

CHEERS Just bought the last "The Law" from that seller, although still some left at a dearer price from another seller. Looks COOL !!

#2115 7 years ago

Also: ebay.com link: itm

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg

30" x 40"

#2116 7 years ago

They make a great dust cover. Got one about 3 years ago.

#2117 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Can't say i've heard of this happening before and you've ruled out the obvious reasons it seems. Only thing i can come up with is perhaps the 4 switch bank on the coin door is getting a short every now and then and manually getting stuck on volume up? When you mention the "give one bong" it sounds like when the machine first turns on but i presume the machine isn't resetting. Got me stumped.

We've had this at the club. Afaik it is caused by the sound board resetting for some reason and not getting the volume set then. Check SB supply connectors and pins J502, PDB J114. If those are perfect and you still get the issue swap C4 on the PDB and C3 on the SB

#2118 7 years ago

Also check the cpu board for battery damage.

#2119 7 years ago

If there are any fans of the new version with Karl and Lena, this feels like a darn good price ($5.53) for the 3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet set:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LAII80/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

#2120 7 years ago

Love my Dredd!

Judge Death pic (resized).jpgJudge Death pic (resized).jpg

#2121 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If there are any fans of the new version with Karl and Lena, this feels like a darn good price ($5.53) for the 3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet set:
amazon.com link »

Ordered thx!

#2122 7 years ago

Me too!!!!! (that is 1,257,263,320)

DSC05778 (resized).JPGDSC05778 (resized).JPG

#2123 7 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for removing the deadworld gearbox? I need to send it out for repairs. Just eyeballing it, seems like a huge pain in the butt to remove. Do I have to remove everything topside, or can I get ways with only removing stuff under the of? Please share any tips if you have any!

#2124 7 years ago

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the planet off the top of the shaft...

#2125 7 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the planet off the top of the shaft...

the top half of the planet unscrews from the bottom half...

#2126 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

the top half of the planet unscrews from the bottom half...

Yes. It's the bottom half of the planet I'm having difficulty with. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to access the nut that screws on-- it's blocked by a cochlear metal plate/light board.

#2127 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

amazon.com link »

Dude this movie is sweet! I never even knew about it until I followed the link you shared. Looks like they are looking at announcing a sequel this year! http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138047-dredd-2-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-judge-dredd-tv-show-or-movie-sequel

#2128 7 years ago

Greetings!
I got my JD about 2 weeks ago and just found this thread. I traded a 1990 Yamaha FZR1000 (motorcycle) for my machine. My JD is a one owner, home use only table that was used maybe 20-30 times in it's life....less than 500 plays for sure...a real "time capsule". I'm really pleased with it and feel lucky to have it, up to this point all my pinball machines have been $0-$400 "dogs" that required an amazing amount of work to function.

I installed a Cointaker LED kit and I have a lighted scorecard set that I have not installed yet, I will keep you apprised of my progress.

Any advice on what to do with a almost "new" machine to protect it before it has problems?

Thank You!

DSC_0038 (resized).JPGDSC_0038 (resized).JPG

#2129 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

sounds like trough optos. the game thinks there's too many balls or not enough.

Tried cleaning but still doing it. Time to replace?
Still having issues with the drop targets too. Not resetting at startup then if they trigger in game play they all rapid fire.

#2130 7 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Yes. It's the bottom half of the planet I'm having difficulty with. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to access the nut that screws on-- it's blocked by a cochlear metal plate/light board.

Go back to page 40 of this thread and post #1999, think this will help you out

#2131 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Dude this movie is sweet! I never even knew about it until I followed the link you shared. Looks like they are looking at announcing a sequel this year! http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138047-dredd-2-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-judge-dredd-tv-show-or-movie-sequel

I know right, we love Karl. He is great and I can't wait to see him in Ragnarok coming up shortly. Bones, Vaako, Dredd, and Eomer.... Renaissance man

The new Dredd movie didn't get much publicity but my wife and I really liked it. Definitely a steal at $6 (shipped if you have prime).

#2132 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I know right, we love Karl. He is great and I can't wait to see him in Ragnarok coming up shortly. Bones, Vaako, Dredd, and Eomer.... Renaissance man
The new Dredd movie didn't get much publicity but my wife and I really liked it. Definitely a steal at $6 (shipped if you have prime).

Pathfinder was another sweet movie with Karl Urban. He was the perfect Dredd. It is cool to know that he is a 2000AD fan too. I hope they a) keep the same actress for Judge Anderson an b) bring the evil judges into the story for sequel.

#2133 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Tried cleaning but still doing it. Time to replace?
Still having issues with the drop targets too. Not resetting at startup then if they trigger in game play they all rapid fire.

anything closed in switch test? what code are you running?

#2134 7 years ago
Quoted from Ming:

Any advice on what to do with a almost "new" machine to protect it before it has problems?

The ramp protector is a good idea.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/dreddpro.htm

Install NVRAM or an off-board battery pack.

#2135 7 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

The ramp protector is a good idea.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/dreddpro.htm
Install NVRAM or an off-board battery pack.

Thank you! I want to take care of it and "bullet proof" it. LOL

When I first got it it still had batteries that had been in it many years. Luckily they were "industrial" grade. Hell...they may have been the originals. They guy told me that they had stopped playing it many years ago because it always came up in book keeping mode. The first time I opened the head I expected the worst.

#2136 7 years ago

Just closed the deal on a JD project that is promised to be ready in a couple of months. I'm super excited to be joining this club!

#2137 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Correct, the machine itself is not resetting. It will continue to play. I am puzzled as well.

#2138 7 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

Correct, the machine itself is not resetting. It will continue to play. I am puzzled as well.

Did you try what cynric suggested in a post before? might be the answer.

Quoted from cynric:

We've had this at the club. Afaik it is caused by the sound board resetting for some reason and not getting the volume set then. Check SB supply connectors and pins J502, PDB J114. If those are perfect and you still get the issue swap C4 on the PDB and C3 on the SB

#2139 7 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

That will need to be the next step. I will check those connections and report back.

Quoted from terryb:

Also check the cpu board for battery damage.

Impossible. Has a 1 year old PinLED MPU and it is clean.

#2140 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Did you try what cynric suggested in a post before? might be the answer.

I have not yet. The machine is no longer in my possession which makes testing more difficult as it is an hour away from me, but I want to get this corrected for him. I will eventually check this and report back with my findings.

Thank you to all who chimed in.

#2141 7 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

I have not yet. The machine is no longer in my possession which makes testing more difficult as it is an hour away from me, but I want to get this corrected for him. I will eventually check this and report back with my findings.
Thank you to all who chimed in.

Yeah, I plan on going out to check that out one day to check into it further. It seems the sound board is rebooting. Now is it possible to be a game ROM (dead world mod installed) or a sound ROM? Sound board was previously swapped out and is not giving me any issues in Corvette at least.

There is a PinLED MPU installed. I'm considering swapping it out for the time being to see what happens.

#2142 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Go back to page 40 of this thread and post #1999, think this will help you out

THANK YOU! very helpful

#2143 7 years ago

I bought a lighted rule card panel kit from lightedpinballspeakerpanels.com but it was still in production so I had to wait. It finally showed up and I got it installed and it looks sick!

They also sent me a free prototype JD Shield mod to "play test" for them. Which more than makes up for the wait on the panels. It also looks very cool. I'm quite pleased.

The kits were well thought out, complete and easy to install with clear directions in color. I recommend these kits highly! The website is under construction but you can find them on Ebay. Get a hold of Dan (the owner) and tell him you are interested in the shield mod and tell him to please put it into production....tell him "Jon Sparks sent me".

DSC_0083 (resized).JPGDSC_0083 (resized).JPG

DSC_0084 (resized).JPGDSC_0084 (resized).JPG

DSC_0087 (resized).JPGDSC_0087 (resized).JPG

#2144 7 years ago

I have been having a real tough time with my dredd lately. I have Deadworld mod, and none of the balls are going on to the planet rings when I lock balls. Any hot tips? Maybe a divter problem?

#2145 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I have been having a real tough time with my dredd lately. I have Deadworld mod, and none of the balls are going on to the planet rings when I lock balls. Any hot tips? Maybe a divter problem?

Obvious question but do you have the correct rom installed? L1AT?

#2146 7 years ago

Yeah I have the correct rom installed as my Deadworld mod was working just fine a few days ago. I read on other threads that I may have to clean the Deadworld opto maybe the crane opto. Anyone know what these look like?

#2147 7 years ago

Yeah I have the correct rom installed as my Deadworld mod was working just fine a few days ago. I read on other threads that I may have to clean the Deadworld optos or maybe the crane opto. Anyone know where these are/what they look like?

#2148 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Yeah I have the correct rom installed as my Deadworld mod was working just fine a few days ago. I read on other threads that I may have to clean the Deadworld opto maybe the crane opto. Anyone know what these look like?

First off, confirm your diverter is actually working by going into test mode and choose T.4 Solenoid Test, find the diverter solenoid in the list and see if it fires (OH and remember you need to hold in the high power cutoff switch (2 white buttons behind the coin door, top left) to get power to the coils if you have the coin door open). If the diverter is working it's quite likely an opto issue.
I would check/clean the opto at the bottom of the crane (pic 1) and also check that the cam disc is not loose on the shaft. The opto on the deadworld may need cleaning too (pic 2). See what happens after doing this. It WON'T have anything to do with the Deadworld mod.

DSC02966 (resized).JPGDSC02966 (resized).JPG
DSC02967 (resized).JPGDSC02967 (resized).JPG

#2149 7 years ago

Ok so upon further investigation it turns out I have the prototype Dredd, which means I have an opto at the start of my ramp and I'm 99% sure this opto is not working. Is this something I should replace? I tried cleaning it by using a qtip and some alcohol and cleaning the the little holes on both sides of the ramp. Has anyone replaced these. Looks kinda hard. Here's a pic of where the optos are...

IMG_5130 (resized).JPGIMG_5130 (resized).JPG

#2150 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Ok so upon further investigation it turns out I have the prototype Dredd, which means I have an opto at the start of my ramp and I'm 99% sure this opto is not working. Is this something I should replace? I tried cleaning it by using a qtip and some alcohol and cleaning the the little holes on both sides of the ramp. Has anyone replaced these. Looks kinda hard. Here's a pic of where the optos are...

I think that opto is still the same number on the switch test as the one on my machine (67), go into switch test and block the opto with your finger. If it doesn't register, any broken wires? has the opto's come unplugged underneath the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 85.00
There are 4,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.