IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 98.
#2001 7 years ago

there are times i feel like my flippers just aren't all there, then i'll have some good games where it feels like butter. it's probably me just not hitting the sweet spot on the ramps. it used to be the left flipper and the right ramp, now it's the opposite. the ramp designs are a bit unorthodox, especially the length of the right one. what do you guys think?

#2002 7 years ago

Just finished adding towers. Inside lights are subtle but the overall effect is great.

IMG_3399 (resized).JPGIMG_3399 (resized).JPG

IMG_3400 (resized).JPGIMG_3400 (resized).JPG

IMG_3402 (resized).JPGIMG_3402 (resized).JPG

IMG_3403 (resized).JPGIMG_3403 (resized).JPG

IMG_3404 (resized).JPGIMG_3404 (resized).JPG

IMG_3405 (resized).JPGIMG_3405 (resized).JPG

#2003 7 years ago

Hello all, I just purchased Judge Dredd and love it! It did not have the eagle topper so I found one and purchased one from planetary pinball, but I do not have the bolts/screws to mount bracket on top of pinball machine? I could not find anything in the original manual...Anyone have any info on what was used to mount this? Thanks for any help.

#2004 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballcarl:

Hello all, I just purchased Judge Dredd and love it! It did not have the eagle topper so I found one and purchased one from planetary pinball, but I do not have the bolts/screws to mount bracket on top of pinball machine? I could not find anything in the original manual...Anyone have any info on what was used to mount this? Thanks for any help.

I realize there is no index on this thread, so it's hard to find. But there are some posts on the topic.

Regardless, you can see what I did here...

http://www.aaarpinball.com/JudgeDredd/JD.htm

(scroll down...)

... Altan

#2005 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballcarl:

Anyone have any info on what was used to mount this? Thanks for any help.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468

#2006 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I realize there is no index on this thread, so it's hard to find. But there are some posts on the topic.
Regardless, you can see what I did here...
http://www.aaarpinball.com/JudgeDredd/JD.htm
(scroll down...)
... Altan

Thank you both for such quick information

#2007 7 years ago

my pleasure. those are the easy ones.

#2008 7 years ago

Hello JD owners. Unfortunatly I do not own a jd, but I did pick up 15 nos and new pf's this week, and one is a nos JD. I have to drill and dimple it (after I make a template) so it is not quite ready yet, but I am not going to clear it unles the owner wants it cleared. Some folks want others to clear it or dont, so I found it best to just wait that way the price stays down. I actually havent had a good chance to really inspect it to make sure there are no issues, but that is on the list of things too do also. I just saw your club thread and thought I would mention.
cheers, kruzman

#2009 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Hello JD owners. Unfortunatly I do not own a jd, but I did pick up 15 nos and new pf's this week, and one is a nos JD. I have to drill and dimple it (after I make a template) so it is not quite ready yet, but I am not going to clear it unles the owner wants it cleared. Some folks want others to clear it or dont, so I found it best to just wait that way the price stays down. I actually havent had a good chance to really inspect it to make sure there are no issues, but that is on the list of things too do also. I just saw your club thread and thought I would mention.
cheers, kruzman

PM sent

#2010 7 years ago

Keep me in mind when your swap is done.

I'm still looking for a trashed (literally, art worn beyond repair) playfield.

#2011 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Just finished adding towers. Inside lights are subtle but the overall effect is great.

Looks GREAT! Absolutely top job! I always want to do this mod but the high price of those towers is holding me off (especially with the strong US$ at the moment).
Where and how did you get those tower decals?

#2012 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Looks GREAT! Absolutely top job! I always want to do this mod but the high price of those towers is holding me off (especially with the strong US$ at the moment).
Where and how did you get those tower decals?

Thanks!!
One great pinsider in this thread. He printed them and shipped. Great quality at a great price.

#2013 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Keep me in mind when your swap is done.
I'm still looking for a trashed (literally, art worn beyond repair) playfield.

You've got it. I'll definitely let you know if it gets to that point, I'll have a better idea once I get more details from Ron.

Thanks!

Kyle

#2014 7 years ago

Thanks!!
One great pinsider in this thread. He printed them and shipped. Great quality at a great price.

You can say who did them.

#2015 7 years ago

Looks Great!!

#2016 7 years ago

^^^ this guy
Thanks soapman
Lou

#2017 7 years ago

The red glow from the towers without the sun in my gameroom.
Try it guys! Nice project!
When hands are working, the brain relaxes

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2018 7 years ago

Because of luck and generosity of another pinball collector... Look at this NOS beauty...

IMG_8359 (resized).jpgIMG_8359 (resized).jpg
IMG_8360 (resized).jpgIMG_8360 (resized).jpg
IMG_8361 (resized).jpgIMG_8361 (resized).jpg

... Altan
www.aaarpinball.com

#2019 7 years ago

Ugh, so jealous of that!

#2020 7 years ago

NICE. Don't we all want one!!

#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Because of luck and generosity of another pinball collector... Look at this NOS beauty...

So the legends are true

1 week later
#2022 7 years ago

Made a gameplay video of my Judge Dreed w/Deadworld mod. Realized after the fact it was filmed in 720p. Oh well.

Not amazing gameplay, but does show a lot of the pin. Hopefully it will be useful for someone that wants to see some JD gameplay...

... Altan

(Ok, there is an impressive pinball dead stop just 15 seconds into the video...)

#2023 7 years ago

Hey Guys not sure if anyone else has tried this I did see one of the toys posted for sale but that it was used as a topper a hand full of pages back.
I just got the Mezco 1/12 size Judge Dredd figure and shoved the whole thing behind the Dead World with his base that he comes with. I took the 2 rings off and just placed the whole thing toy and base stand in, half is on top of the rear orbit lane so doesn't affect ball travel.
I just put him in still working on the final pose, I will probably add a little glue to the gun and to his foot that is attached to the base Shield he comes with to pose him.
The toy himself is excellent! Great quality and his uniform matches the ones used on the playfield exactly. I'll probably add some extra lighting to accent him, a spot light at least.

IMAG0151 (resized).jpgIMAG0151 (resized).jpg

IMAG0150 (resized).jpgIMAG0150 (resized).jpg

#2024 7 years ago

One more pic

IMAG0152.jpgIMAG0152.jpg

#2025 7 years ago

I have the Deadworld mod with a Switch 61 error. I heard it has to do with the ROM version... Does anyone else have this error? The error does not affect gameplay.

#2026 7 years ago

Hey everyone, new JD owner here (I actually bought allsportdvd's pin a few weeks back). I've got an issue with the drop target assembly. It's quite loose but I can see anywhere to tighten it. I took a quick video of what I mean:

The left and the right drop targets seem to stay down sometimes because they are no longer pulled upwards by the assembly. The targets actually come off the assembly "hooks" and just stay down permanently.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to working on these as it's only my second pin so I was hoping for some advice on how I might rectify this issue. Thanks heaps!

#2027 7 years ago
Quoted from shielded:

The left and the right drop targets seem to stay down sometimes because they are no longer pulled upwards by the assembly. The targets actually come off the assembly "hooks" and just stay down permanently.

That movement is fairly normal really, the plastic sleeve that the shaft goes through could have excessive wear but just going off your vid it seems to be normal range of movement. The 2 targets have moved so the metal tabs that are at the bottom of the piece you are holding are not sitting at the bottom of the target itself, rather they are inside the gap at the lower portion of the target. Drop those targets manually and re-seat the metal tab underneath the target. If it keeps doing it the metal tabs might be bent, or the screws holding the coil on to the assembly may be a little loose too.

#2028 7 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Hey Guys not sure if anyone else has tried this I did see one of the toys posted for sale but that it was used as a topper a hand full of pages back.
I just got the Mezco 1/12 size Judge Dredd figure and shoved the whole thing behind the Dead World with his base that he comes with. I took the 2 rings off and just placed the whole thing toy and base stand in, half is on top of the rear orbit lane so doesn't affect ball travel.
I just put him in still working on the final pose, I will probably add a little glue to the gun and to his foot that is attached to the base Shield he comes with to pose him.
The toy himself is excellent! Great quality and his uniform matches the ones used on the playfield exactly. I'll probably add some extra lighting to accent him, a spot light at least.

Looks absolutely fantastic!
Shame those figurines are so expensive.

#2029 7 years ago
Quoted from shielded:

Hey everyone, new JD owner here (I actually bought allsportdvd's pin a few weeks back). I've got an issue with the drop target assembly. It's quite loose but I can see anywhere to tighten it. I took a quick video of what I mean:
» YouTube video
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to working on these as it's only my second pin so I was hoping for some advice on how I might rectify this issue. Thanks heaps!

I had some issues with drop targets that wouldn't reset so I just rebuilt the whole mech. All of the parts are available from pinballlife and inexpensive. The plastic gets beat up over time and won't catch on the lip. About 20 min to remove the mech, 20 min to disassemble, 20 min to rebuild, and another 20 to reinstall.

Voice of experience: check the parts numbers in the manual! Don't eyeball it, because then you'll put everything together and realize you got the wrong spring...

#2030 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That movement is fairly normal really, the plastic sleeve that the shaft goes through could have excessive wear but just going off your vid it seems to be normal range of movement. The 2 targets have moved so the metal tabs that are at the bottom of the piece you are holding are not sitting at the bottom of the target itself, rather they are inside the gap at the lower portion of the target. Drop those targets manually and re-seat the metal tab underneath the target. If it keeps doing it the metal tabs might be bent, or the screws holding the coil on to the assembly may be a little loose too.

Awesome, thanks for looking at that. I was a bit worried it was worn. I've been moving the drop targets back under the lip and the left one has been staying, the right keep falling down though. I might order another couple of the targets themselves and swap it out and see.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had some issues with drop targets that wouldn't reset so I just rebuilt the whole mech. All of the parts are available from pinballlife and inexpensive. The plastic gets beat up over time and won't catch on the lip. About 20 min to remove the mech, 20 min to disassemble, 20 min to rebuild, and another 20 to reinstall.
Voice of experience: check the parts numbers in the manual! Don't eyeball it, because then you'll put everything together and realize you got the wrong spring...

Cheers, I might have to go down that path if the problem persists!

#2031 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Looks absolutely fantastic!
Shame those figurines are so expensive.

I am currently "experimenting" with things like this, if they work, I may be able to help you out!

#2032 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have the Deadworld mod with a Switch 61 error. I heard it has to do with the ROM version... Does anyone else have this error? The error does not affect gameplay.

Yep. Samething here. Switch61 is under the deadworld. Don't know what to do

#2033 7 years ago

Yep. Samething here. Switch61 is under the deadworld. Don't know what to do

Okay, that's what I thought. No game issues, but the credit dot is annoying.

#2034 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Okay, that's what I thought. No game issues, but the credit dot is annoying.

I found this...let me know if you give it a try ...

Problem solved!

I removed the Opto PCB in the Planet assembly, thinking there might be a problem with one of the optos. Once removed, I find a whole lot of black dust all over the PCB, so I pull out the trusty toothbrush and give the board a good sweep (including the optos). It turns out that the opto sensors for Switch 61 were caked in dust, so I gave both sensors a good clean out, re-positioned the PCB and ran the Switch Test. Judge Dredd is no longer reporting an error with Switch 61, and there is no dot on the DMD :023:

#2035 7 years ago

Problem solved!
I removed the Opto PCB in the Planet assembly, thinking there might be a problem with one of the optos. Once removed, I find a whole lot of black dust all over the PCB, so I pull out the trusty toothbrush and give the board a good sweep (including the optos). It turns out that the opto sensors for Switch 61 were caked in dust, so I gave both sensors a good clean out, re-positioned the PCB and ran the Switch Test. Judge Dredd is no longer reporting an error with Switch 61, and there is no dot on the DMD :023:

Good find! I'll give it a try.

#2036 7 years ago

Be careful when putting that board back on. There is slack and you can end up mounting it so one of the Opto is rubbing the round plastic.

This creates black dust. Perhaps previously it was mounted and rubbing.

It's hard to get a good look at opto 62 and see if it's rubbing.

#2037 7 years ago

I wasn't sure about pinballbulb led kit (super purple) and the all orange theme of this game. (and my orange coated rails, deadworld ring, etc)

Now I realise that purple lighting is like a clearcoat vibe for our eyes. It makes everything shine and pops!
A must have if you like leds.

Also did my eagle with red eye. For fun

IMG_3818 (resized).JPGIMG_3818 (resized).JPG

IMG_3819 (resized).JPGIMG_3819 (resized).JPG

IMG_3820 (resized).JPGIMG_3820 (resized).JPG

IMG_3821 (resized).JPGIMG_3821 (resized).JPG

IMG_3822 (resized).JPGIMG_3822 (resized).JPG

IMG_3823 (resized).JPGIMG_3823 (resized).JPG

#2038 7 years ago

almost like black light.

#2039 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

almost like black light.

Yes it is. The purple 6V strips Cheese Wiz is using are about 40% UV light giving you the glow in the dark effect. Very cool!
20 years for illegal disco lighting!

#2040 7 years ago

I wasn't sure about pinballbulb led kit (super purple) and the all orange theme of this game. (and my orange coated rails, deadworld ring, etc)
Now I realise that purple lighting is like a clearcoat vibe for our eyes. It makes everything shine and pops!
A must have if you like leds.
Also did my eagle with red eye. For fun

Is that red moulding on the back box or just painted red?

#2041 7 years ago

Orange moulding

#2042 7 years ago

Judge Death figure painted, Dredd is next!

20170226_210114 (resized).jpg20170226_210114 (resized).jpg

#2043 7 years ago

Once mustard green, now beautiful "pure gold" (a la rust-oleum universal). Huge improvement. Six light coats later...

IMG_8469 (resized).JPGIMG_8469 (resized).JPG

... Altan

#2044 7 years ago

Well my dredd was dreadfully dull with incandescents. And dark. Had to spend some money. I think it turned out nice!

Before:

20170302_172654 (resized).jpg20170302_172654 (resized).jpg

#2045 7 years ago

And after:

20170303_011712 (resized).jpg20170303_011712 (resized).jpg

#2046 7 years ago

Just joined the club with a nice Dredd last weekend myself. My 3rd pin, replacing my Getaway. Will miss that one, but loving all there is to shoot for on Dredd. I played a JD quite a few times at SFGE last year, and put it on my short list.

First up will be new/better LEDs, mine has partials now mainly just in some GI. Also thinking about new Great Lakes flipper boards too. The factory pieces aren't adjustable that I can see, and feel tired. Very mushy for lack of a better term, feel just isn't there and cleaning the optos made little improvement....

#2047 7 years ago

rebuild them. the links are probably ancient.

#2048 7 years ago

Finished paintin the JD toys today. Now to install them!

1488759604708569139616 (resized).jpg1488759604708569139616 (resized).jpg

#2049 7 years ago

had a message tonight to check switch 61, globe position #1. took me a while to locate it, but once i did i unseated the board and tested: no dice. i cleaned it, and it started working. my question is, the plastic collar down there with the slots that let those optos open, does that thing ever need adjusting/calibrating?

#2050 7 years ago

Problem solved!

That was it! Thanks for the fix... $.03 in Q-Tips and alcohol cleaned the black dust. No more credit dot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.