IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 98.
#1951 7 years ago

Now to count

IMG_20170112_235929.jpgIMG_20170112_235929.jpg

#1952 7 years ago

!

#1953 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Check your optos, they could be bad.

I put the Great Lakes Modular opto board in my JD. What a clever assembly: it uses one fewer mount point so it's easier to install, it has nice wide optos so it's easy to clean, and it had LEDs so you can actually see what's going on! The wide optos make it easier to install, too --I didn't pull out any of the globe assembly.

I highly recommend it to anyone with globe position issues.

#1954 7 years ago

Just joined the club last weekend, sorry no pics yet but it's still folded in the garage. I love the sound and art package on Dredd, and I've wanted one for a long time. Mine has a non faded cab and a pretty much perfect playfield. Only thing it's missing is the topper. From what I can tell finding a topper is going to be the Ultimate Challenge. See what I did there?

#1955 7 years ago

here's a list of everything you need:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468

i can give you that, at least.

#1956 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

here's a list of everything you need:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468
i can give you that, at least.

yeah, I've seen that there for some time now. Just wish they'd get them reproed and back in stock.

#1957 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

yeah, I've seen that there for some time now. Just wish they'd get them reproed and back in stock.

Get the shiny eagle like was originally intended for the machine. http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8936-GLD

And the bracket is easily made with materials from most any hardware store.

#1958 7 years ago

yep available again

#1960 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

here's my new JD club member update:
auto-plunger is fixed. wrong sleeve was installed. plunger was scraping on the middle bracket.
eagle is mounted. got the hardware list off marco here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468.
removed deadworld mod. definitely less cool now, but want a working baseline while i fix everything else.
still need help with my weak left flipper, however. hardware looks like a rebuild. everything has the correct play to it. correctly spaced off my bushing. i cleaned the button optos.
i tested resistance over the coil. i got ~121 left and ~126 on the right side. would that make a difference? it's the correct coil #, doesn't have a williams label on it though. really, if i can get this fixed, i'll have a nice little JD on my hands.

flipper opto board at the flipper button

#1961 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Get the shiny eagle like was originally intended for the machine. http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8936-GLD
And the bracket is easily made with materials from most any hardware store.

So what's the story on the eagle? Except for repros I've only ever seen the non chromy gold version on the game. Was something changed before production?

#1962 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

flipper opto board at the flipper button

i pulled the board out, cleaned properly, thus reseated the connector and replaced coil sleeve. it's way better now. it'll stick at eos a little. going to try a new return spring.

#1963 7 years ago

To save money they did not plate the eagle.

#1964 7 years ago

what's the highest L rom you can get with deadworld lock?

#1965 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what's the highest L rom you can get with deadworld lock?

L1AT

#1966 7 years ago

I am having an issue with the dead world mod. For one of the three openings (where the locked balls rest and revolve around the globe), it catches on the metal bracket (near where the ball is dropped from when first locked) ever so slightly and stops rotating. I have tried minor adjustments (ex putting a washer under the orange disc to lift it up slightly), but it keeps hitting that bracket. It is only happening on the one hole though. Any suggestions?

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

I am having an issue with the dead world mod. For one of the three openings (where the locked balls rest and revolve around the globe), it catches on the metal bracket (near where the ball is dropped from when first locked) ever so slightly and stops rotating. I have tried minor adjustments (ex putting a washer under the orange disc to lift it up slightly), but it keeps hitting that bracket. It is only happening on the one hole though. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you need to loosen the 3 screws that hold the ring down and adjust either way, those holes are slotted for a reason. Without seeing a pic i'm guessing it's set slightly more to one side and so when the ring rotates it hits that metal bracket. Adjust the ring in small amounts, re-tighten the screws, put into test mode and check the clearance! May take a few goes to get it better...NOTE** It's virtually impossible to get the ring exactly centered so it rotates perfect (at least both machines i've had have been identical in this anyway)

#1968 7 years ago

Does anyone have a high quality scan of the Judge Dredd playfield?

I'm also still looking for a beat up playfield (kicking myself I missed one a few months ago).

Thanks!

#1969 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Not available as a complete NOS assembly as far as i'm aware. Someone might have a 2nd hand one from a tear down. The plastic is available (pinballspareparts in Oz), so is the decal (a guy on Fleabay sells them), the bracket is relatively easy to make and the lamp holders are readily available, something to consider if you can't track that 2nd hand one down.

Looks like the plastic is $40+ after shipping... Brutal

#1970 7 years ago

Getting closer to putting everything back together. before I do, does anyone have the back board decals or a file of them? Mine are curling and ripped.

tmp_21688-judge-dredd-2-piece-backboard-decal-set478976476.jpgtmp_21688-judge-dredd-2-piece-backboard-decal-set478976476.jpg

#1971 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Getting closer to putting everything back together. before I do, does anyone have the back board decals or a file of them? Mine are curling and ripped.

Where did you get this pic from? Are these spare decals you already have? Sorry i'm confused here

#1972 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Looks like the plastic is $40+ after shipping... Brutal

Did you convert from Aus dollars back to US dollars?. I added one to my cart (plastic price $19.95 for Aus customer) and then got a quote for postage to Alabama US (for an example), which was $20 Aus money. When going to the next step the plastic price was reduced to $18.14 Aus (less the GST we pay here). So $38.14 Aus total, by current conversion rates that works out to be $28.80 US. Not quite as painful If you can't find a 2nd hand assembly somewhere (put a wanted add on pinside), sorting the parts and making the bracket is the only option.

#1973 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Where did you get this pic from? Are these spare decals you already have? Sorry i'm confused here

Borrowed the picture from the interwebs. If I had them I could get them reproduced.
Mine look like this.

IMG_20170112_235753.jpgIMG_20170112_235753.jpg

#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Borrowed the picture from the interwebs. If I had them I could get them reproduced.
Mine look like this.

Ahhh OK, and WOW, yeah those decals are cactus for sure That play field looks in need of a damn good clean
If i get the time in the next week i'll have a look into perhaps getting some of those decals made up.

#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Mine look like this.

A real dystopian future. Yea.

#1976 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ahhh OK, and WOW, yeah those decals are cactus for sure That play field looks in need of a damn good clean
If i get the time in the next week i'll have a look into perhaps getting some of those decals made up.

I took the picture right after tear down because it will make for some good before and after pictures. I have a Treasure Cove polishing kit on the way.

#1977 7 years ago

After collecting parts for my JD project for ages I'm nearing the time when I can start putting it back together. So I thought I'd share some pics of my playfield. Just got it back after having some damage repaired and the playfield clear coated. The end result looks great and the surface is like glass.

Next stage will be strip the cabinet and apply new decals.

20170121_170934 (resized).jpg20170121_170934 (resized).jpg

20170121_170928 (resized).jpg20170121_170928 (resized).jpg

20170121_170920 (resized).jpg20170121_170920 (resized).jpg

#1978 7 years ago

Andyj965 Very nice!

#1979 7 years ago

I like the touch on the shooter lanes. Different but goes with the theme (and I'm assuming protects the exposed wood grain).

#1980 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

andyj965 Very nice!

Thanks mate. I'm very happy with it.

#1981 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I like the touch on the shooter lanes. Different but goes with the theme (and I'm assuming protects the exposed wood grain).

It is a nice touch. It was a cool surprise when I saw it for the first time. Just adds an extra bit of colour to an area that normally ends up looking worn.

#1982 7 years ago

I know the quality may be lacking on some of the more detailed plastics compared to the original but complete plastic set is available again here.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/7931/plastic-set-for-judge-dredd

#1983 7 years ago

Hi all, I just joined the club!
However, I have a couple of issues I'm hoping can be solved here
#1 my planet is cracked, how do I get the bottom half out to replace it?
#2 I received the deadworld mod, which rom gets replaced and what do you do with the 2 other pieces of plastic other than the large ring?
#3 The game restores to factory settings each time I turn it on
Thanks in advance

IMG_0354 (resized).JPGIMG_0354 (resized).JPG

IMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPG

#1984 7 years ago

#3. Replace the batteries on the MPU. Check for any leakage.

#1985 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

#2 I received the deadworld mod, which rom gets replaced and what do you do with the 2 other pieces of plastic other than the large ring?
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the club
1. If you unscrew the board that has the flasher and 2 globes on it, there is a lock nut underneath and also one under the bottom half of the globe. I've never replaced mine so i'm not sure if you have to remove the whole shaft to get access to the lower lock nut.
2. Rom replaces the Game Rom already installed (it should have a sticker on it stating Judge Dredd), make sure the notch goes the same way when you replace it. What other bits of plastic? i only remember getting the Rom and the new larger ring plastic. Photos?
3. Does it have batteries in a holder on the MPU board? if so, replace them with new ones, hopefully won't be any acid leakage.

#1986 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I know the quality may be lacking on some of the more detailed plastics compared to the original but complete plastic set is available again here.

Sold out quick

#1987 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Welcome to the club
1. If you unscrew the board that has the flasher and 2 globes on it, there is a lock nut underneath and also one under the bottom half of the globe. I've never replaced mine so i'm not sure if you have to remove the whole shaft to get access to the lower lock nut.
2. Rom replaces the Game Rom already installed (it should have a sticker on it stating Judge Dredd), make sure the notch goes the same way when you replace it. What other bits of plastic? i only remember getting the Rom and the new larger ring plastic. Photos?
3. Does it have batteries in a holder on the MPU board? if so, replace them with new ones, hopefully won't be any acid leakage.

Thanks for the reply.
Here are some pics.
#1 the bottom of the planet
#2 the extra plastics
#3 the battery area

FullSizeRender (41) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (41) (resized).jpg

IMG_0357 (resized).JPGIMG_0357 (resized).JPG

IMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG

#1988 7 years ago

The round plastic is just a miniature version of the dead world ring they include for the heck of it. The other plastic is for the ball trough to cover any possible divits in the trough. With the dead world mod any problems with through causes issues with the game. Mike

#1989 7 years ago

Somebody has removed the normal AA battery holder and put in a coin type battery holder. Either the coin battery is dead or their mod is not installed/soldered correctly.

#1990 7 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys, will replace the coin and thanks Mike for the explanation of the plastics

#1991 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks in advance

where did you get the deadworld mod and roms from? I need em!

#1992 7 years ago

Thought there was a lock nut under that board but obviously not, there's definitely 1 or 2 underneath the globe half. You may need to remove the assembly to get to it. Have a manual?

#1993 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

From Pinbits mate

#1994 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

#3 the battery area

I would normally advise doing away with batteries all together and just go with a NVRam chip but looks like your Ram chip (one with the white label above the larger square one) is soldered directly to the board and not socketed. It's still a good option but if you aren't familiar with board work you will need to get someone to remove the Ram chip and solder a socket in for you. All extra cost of course, worth it in the long run though, once done it's DONE and never have to worry about changing batteries/ acid leakage again.

#1995 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

From Pinbits mate

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Pinbits it was

#1996 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thought there was a lock nut under that board but obviously not, there's definitely 1 or 2 underneath the globe half. You may need to remove the assembly to get to it. Have a manual?

I do have a manual, looks like the nut is under the plate in my picture. I think I'm better off gluing my new top half to the bottom half that's already there lol

#1997 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I do have a manual, looks like the nut is under the plate in my picture. I think I'm better off gluing my new top half to the bottom half that's already there lol

Just had another squiz at the manual and yeah think your right, nut under that plate that's in your pic, and a couple under the globe half. The plate must unscrew otherwise the nut underneath it would never come off. My machine isn't working at the moment, waiting on driver board repairs and i need to take that whole assembly off anyway to do some other stuff. Give me a bit of time and i'll get back to you about how it comes off. I've got a new whole globe myself, bottom part isn't cracked but the thread is stuffed so i'm going to replace it all as i go.

#1998 7 years ago

Thanks Mancave, let me know how you progress

#1999 7 years ago

Ok, here's how you do it. You won't need to remove the whole assembly from your machine, should be able to do it whilst it's attached.
1. Remove the split pin from underneath the assembly (pic 1)
2. Pull the shaft straight up and out until you get to the point the plugs won't go any further (pics 2 & 3)
3. Unscrew the lock nut that sits under that plate previously mentioned . VOILA, bottom globe half is free (ish)
4. The de-solder / re-soldering bit **If you have the tool that removes pins from plugs then make a note (take a picture) of which wires to which plug and positions, pull the wires through the shaft and everything is now free to remove/change over.
If you haven't got the tool it will be easier to de-solder the wires from the light board (again taking note of which wire goes where) and go from there.
5. Put it all back how ya found it

DSC02764 (resized).JPGDSC02764 (resized).JPG
DSC02765 (resized).JPGDSC02765 (resized).JPG
DSC02766 (resized).JPGDSC02766 (resized).JPG
DSC02767 (resized).JPGDSC02767 (resized).JPG
DSC02768 (resized).JPGDSC02768 (resized).JPG

#2000 7 years ago

That is awesome info with pics, so helpful!
I have done exactly that & now have a brand new planet with purple LED's inside spinning around

FullSizeRender (42) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (42) (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.