Topic Stats

• 3,675 posts
  • 414 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by calfdemon
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,050 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200503_132228 (resized).jpg
20200503_124356 (resized).jpg
20200503_124340 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200503-092317_Chrome (resized).jpg
20200502_203350 (resized).jpg
20200502_203350 (resized).jpg
a7e372c23bb0acf6eb7545dec4d8f7b945b98279 (resized).jpg
E64AEBEA-664F-4E65-9933-28BAECEC72E6 (resized).jpeg
B534D1C7-3E77-440F-9BEC-ED549696DA9F (resized).jpeg
DSCN6816 (resized).JPG
DSCN6817 (resized).JPG
D9F38FC3-AA97-4875-B7C4-562E10D913AC (resized).jpeg
BC7C2A1D-7064-4E88-9351-81F159F5F289 (resized).jpeg
B616E118-44B5-4C5D-B725-AA4C4215A564 (resized).jpeg
12E2AC0D-5894-4748-9387-4A61405667A5 (resized).jpeg
102BF71E-20E2-4B79-BB40-5DCDC822D5B1 (resized).jpeg

There are 3675 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 74.
#151 6 years ago

Proud owner here.
I love what some of you have done with your JDs!

#152 6 years ago

The tape on the back of my left ramp broke the other week haha.
I'm actually glad the deadworld mod isn't in it, it's problems engineered to happen.

#153 6 years ago

Gratzky! Friends, I put on that stainless steel crane mod a couple weeks back (bought off ebay) and loving it. I need a topper now to complete my JD. Love this pin and the play flow and music

#154 6 years ago

Is the Airraid shot like impossible to make? I swear, I've played like 30 games, and maybe hit the shot once or twice the entire time.

#155 6 years ago

Official thread soundtrack:

#156 6 years ago

Got mine 2 days ago! Already modded w/deathworld, leds, target decals. Traded for a JY. This game's a blast!

1 month later
#157 6 years ago

Here's my JD:

Aftermarket topper from Illinois Pinball, GI/PF/backbox/flasher LEDs from Cointaker, target decal upgrades, Deadworld mod, custom flipper covers, Great Lakes trough optos, and Pro Pinball speakers and sub. My all-time favorite pin!

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Aftermarket topper from Illinois Pinball, ...

I'll bet that would match brass legs nicely.

#159 6 years ago

For what it is worth, I recently upgraded the cabinet speaker in my JD. I've previously used Flipper Fidelity in a different machine - they are awesome, but I think I can get 75% of the upgrade at 25% of the cost.

My prescription for cheap bass:
1) A 6.5 car woofer. I have tried three different ones, and I found that this matches the DCS sound system (which is capable of some decent deep bass) nicely: amazon.com link »
2) An L-pad wired into the backbox speakers allows you to attenuate the backbox speakers, thus increasing the relative volume of the cabinet (bass) speaker: amazon.com link »

1 week later
#160 6 years ago

I've left the club Just kissed goodbye to my Dredd today.

It was my second pinball and I brought it up from a faulty, tired, dirty, faded and damaged Euro import and sold it to a Dredd fan buying his first pin. It feels good to add value to the pinball world!

IMG_6475.jpg IMG_6476.jpg IMG_6478.jpg IMG_6480.jpg IMG_6487.jpg IMG_6489.jpg

#161 6 years ago

She's a beauty! Wish my cabinet looked that crisp.

#162 6 years ago

Yeah I'll miss it for sure. On to the next one though!

I spent ages to save up for my first pinball and our budget dictates that I can only spend money within the 'pinball fund'. Since I started I've doubled the amount of money in the fund simply by doing a good job restoring cheap machines and adding value to them. Now I've got two, and hopefully it won't be long until I can get a third, all without adding any more money to the fund since that first purchase. The tough part is that where I live there are almost no local pinballs to buy so I always have to ship, which means the fund takes a $200 hit each time I buy one.

#163 6 years ago

I'm in a similar boat, also with two pins, saving for that third. I'm working on my repair skills too.

#164 6 years ago

Nice, I've got Dredd next to Doctor Who in my lineup too.

2 weeks later
#165 6 years ago

Bump! More power to the Judges!

1 month later
#166 6 years ago

Just found the thread. Dredd is my third pin and I've spent the past year restoring it including clear coating the playfield. Been playing it to death and loving it.

#167 6 years ago

Sadly I'm out of the club....but I'll be back!

#168 6 years ago

I'm still in! Probably forever

image.jpg
#169 6 years ago

I'm hoping for twice the fun

Judge Dredd 001.jpg
#170 6 years ago

Wow..........10 years for hoarding!

#171 6 years ago

Looks more like "Life for Cannibalism "

#172 6 years ago

When finished one will go to a good home.Far better than where it sat in purgatory.

#173 6 years ago

I'm in the club now but have my work cut out for me. Dead World and crane issues!!! Need to find plastic parts and somebody to fix the planet gearbox. Also is anybody doing the cabinet decals yet?

#174 6 years ago

http://www.pbresource.com/index.html

Judge Dredd

14-7985

Planets motor

(Not Available New -We can offer to have your existing motor repaired– call us to discuss (845) 473-7114, ask for Steve).

Repair Only!

#175 6 years ago

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#176 6 years ago

Anyone out there know where a guy can get the 4 dark judges flipper bat caps? My google-fu hasn't yielded any results.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from ShredLox:

Anyone out there know where a guy can get the 4 dark judges flipper bat caps? My google-fu hasn't yielded any results.

Im looking for exactly the same!

1 month later
#178 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I recently joined the club! But I need some help. My game has deadworld issues. To start, two connectors are disconnected, and I am not sure where they connect to. I have a manual on the way, but thought someone here might be able to help.

The 2 pin connector from the planet (red/white and gray/red wires) is unplugged, but I don't see any available connectors with the same wire colors. Where does this one plug into?

The 2 pin connector coming from the crane magnet with black and white wires is also disconnected. where does this guy connect to?

Thanks,
Gabe

#179 6 years ago

what is the easiest way to test the dead world and crane on these? hoping to get one soon and want to know what to look for

thanks

#180 6 years ago

Hopefully someone in this thread has seen this before or can help me.

Long story short, I have had this JD for a long time and it never worked right. I finally got it setup and started looking into the issues. I have 3 optos that are out and I was wondering if the L1AT rom could have anything to do with it. The opto for the physical ball lock works, but the opto to activate the diverter does not, so it never diverts the ball to lock. If I manually put it down there, the opto picks it up and the deadworld mod handles it perfectly. They lock correctly and the multiball starts and works correctly. All other optos check out in the switch test. Just wondering if I happen to need 3 new optos or if someone else has seen something like this before. On the attached picture I circled the optos that are out for me right now. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Optos out are...

Left ramp entrance
Left ramp exit
Air raid ramp exit

Capture.JPG
#181 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Air raid ramp exit

Is the bottom wire form.
The middle one you have circled is the black out ramp.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Is the bottom wire form.
The middle one you have circled is the black out ramp.

That could be. I was trying to remember what opto went to where from the picture and JD has so many things going on back there I wasn't sure.

#183 6 years ago

I'm back in the club as I have my 2nd one.
This one has a working deadworld mod too!

#184 6 years ago

Looks like I will be joining the club tomorrow I know it has the stripped gears on the deadworld, so it priced accordingly. I am confident I can fix it though after reading about it.

I am excited

#185 6 years ago

..aaaaand here it is! Aside from the broken deadworld, it is in excellent working condition. No fade on the cab and eagle topper Also got it for a great price, which always helps.

I look forward to fixing it, shopping it and LEDing it out. Also the ramps are all perfect and intact. Hard to believe it was on location.

20140111_170015.jpg
#186 6 years ago

Count me in!

JD.jpg
#187 6 years ago

I'm in!! I got mine not long ago. I definitely see it staying for a while.

IMAG1610.jpg
IMAG1465.jpg

#188 6 years ago

I'm glad to be a owner of Judge Dredd. DROKK IT!!image-3.jpgimage-291.jpgimage-932.jpgimage-62.jpg

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

... I have 3 optos that are out and I was wondering if the L1AT rom could have anything to do with it.

L1AT can not cause an opto problem, but L1AT does make the machine more sensitive to opto problems. Many people (including me) have opto problems that were never noticed or diagnosed until they installed L1AT. (You can reinstall L7 and probably confirm that the opto still doesn't work.)

L1AT also seems to be more sensitive in setting switch problems. For example, if you do not hit a switch after many games, the logic sets that switch as potentially faulty. Because I suck, I am always setting the fault for the third captive ball switch with L1AT, but L7 seems to let the switch go untripped for longer before setting the fault.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

L1AT can not cause an opto problem, but L1AT does make the machine more sensitive to opto problems. Many people (including me) have opto problems that were never noticed or diagnosed until they installed L1AT. (You can reinstall L7 and probably confirm that the opto still doesn't work.)
L1AT also seems to be more sensitive in setting switch problems. For example, if you do not hit a switch after many games, the logic sets that switch as potentially faulty. Because I suck, I am always setting the fault for the third captive ball switch with L1AT, but L7 seems to let the switch go untripped for longer before setting the fault.

I have a chip burner on loan right now, so I am going to try that just to make sure, but I bet the optos still don't work like you said.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from ShredLox:

Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Im looking for exactly the same!

I bought mine at Pinball at the Zoo in Kalamazoo, MI last year from a vendor there. He said he has them custom made by a gal up in Canada somewhere. Only place I've ever seen them and I paid a whopping $70 for the set.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I bought mine at Pinball at the Zoo in Kalamazoo, MI last year from a vendor there. He said he has them custom made by a gal up in Canada somewhere. Only place I've ever seen them and I paid a whopping $70 for the set.

Are you going back this year to Pinball at the Zoo? If so you let me know by PM.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Does anybody have a picture of what these look like?

Also, does anybody have any pictures of a Dredd with side mirrors installed?

#194 6 years ago

Has anyone tried the Dredd playfield protector? My playfield has a lot of inserts that are either slightly sunk, or slightly raised and I was thinking of trying it out.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-JD-PF-PROTECTOR

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Does anybody have a picture of what these look like?

You can see mine installed in this vid. I just ordered the inside art for the cabinet too.
http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/home/56-judge-dredd-custom-inside-decals.html

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm in!! I got mine not long ago. I definitely see it staying for a while.

IMAG1465.jpg 268 KB

I really like the colors on the right side of your backglass. Do you remember what color bulbs you used?

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I suspect this is where they originally came from, http://www.head-shots.ca/index_files/Page12348.htm. Although Judge Dredd is not on the web page I would suggest contacting them and ask.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I really like the colors on the right side of your backglass. Do you remember what color bulbs you used?

thank you, it's just easier if I take a picture

1389658366590.jpg
#199 6 years ago

I used all comet LED's. Art is great to work with and the price is right

#200 6 years ago

Those are very cool. With all of the 3D printers out there, you would think somebody could make a set of these you could paint yourself.

Also, those side graphics are really cool, but I am going to go with side mirrors I think to help with lighting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Commack, NY
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
There are 3675 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 74.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside