IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 98.
#1701 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

L1AT will work with color dmd also

sweet thanks

#1702 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

just fyi ... we have found some more of Eagle toppers - both in the unfinished 'mustard' color as well as some of the Brite Gold plated finish. Additionally, we had just run the Eagle topper bracket ... all are on the PPS store. Thanks.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8936-GLD
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-01-11964
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8936

Placed an order. Thanks for letting us know on the availability of the eagles.

#1703 7 years ago

Finally brought a JD home after months of searching!!! It seems to habe the L5 software and im getting the switch 28 error so ive ordered the L7 in hooes that it will fix the problem...it just started randomly so not sure why.

I posted this in the market but I'll also ask here....if anyone has an extra crane plastic (I know it's very rare) please PM me and I'll gladly buy it. IT looks like I just missed one from the post on previous page.

Also, I am signed up for the mailing list on the Color DMD site but do we know when the JD kits will be back in stock?

20161027_212601 (resized).jpg20161027_212601 (resized).jpg

#1704 7 years ago

I have one NOS if your interested.
Stan

crane plas 2 (resized).jpgcrane plas 2 (resized).jpg

crane plas (resized).jpgcrane plas (resized).jpg

#1705 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingsley73:

.if anyone has an extra crane plastic

It may work out cheaper in the long run to get hold of the after market crane Mod to be honest. It's a personal preference but i think they look heaps better than the chunky, plastic and rather bland original.

#1706 7 years ago

Thanks all!

#1707 7 years ago

JD flipper assembly (resized).pngJD flipper assembly (resized).png

Anyone have a spare item #4, opto board bracket for the left side they could sell me? I am missing one on my game and it is causing my flippers to stay energized at times.

#1708 7 years ago

hi guys, I am new to JD and having trouble turning the sound down below "6", if it can't go lower than that is there a way to turn all sounds off?

#1709 7 years ago
Quoted from converge:

hi guys, I am new to JD and having trouble turning the sound down below "6", if it can't go lower than that is there a way to turn all sounds off?

I think you mean can't go below "8". In the standard adjustment menu, A.1 28 Minimum Volume Control needs to be set for OFF to go lower than "8".

Mentioned in the manual on page 1-27
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1322/Bally_1993_Judge_Dredd_Manual.pdf

#1710 7 years ago

converge, have you changed your batteries yet? I advise to upgrade to Lithium batteries. Better yet, upgrade the board to use NVRAM to get rid of batteries all together. You can send the board to me if you need help with that.

#1711 7 years ago

Hey everyone...I have a question regarding the subway trough lamp board.

First, I can't find anything on these in the original manual which leads me to assume the bulbs in this location are "GI". WHAT is the standard configuration for these? We're they all standard 555 bulbs or do any use flashers?

Second, for LED purposes I am trying to figure out color as well. IS a white color the standard for this area or has anyone experimented using yellow or red? A mix? Just looking for some pointers as this doesn't seem to be a well documented part of the machine....yet it takes a ton of lamps.

#1712 7 years ago

Does anyone know where I could find the black plastic ring that goes underneath the playfield, the one that controls the raising and lowering of the crane arm? Apparently the reason it wasn't reliably working is that it broke.

Edit: I found the part on Marcos, but it's out of stock anyways. Anyone got any leads on where else I might be able to order it from? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8998

#1715 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think you mean can't go below "8". In the standard adjustment menu, A.1 28 Minimum Volume Control needs to be set for OFF to go lower than "8".
Mentioned in the manual on page 1-27
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1322/Bally_1993_Judge_Dredd_Manual.pdf

Awesome, thank you

#1716 7 years ago

When multiball starts in a standard game, is it supposed to be 3 ball or 5 ball? I'm having an issue where when multiball starts (after getting my third lock) two new balls are fired out along with the 3 dropping from deadworld. The problem is that once two have drained, it ends the multiball, even though I still have 3 balls in play. This causes a ton of issues once it happens (basically it tries to keep those extra two balls in play, which doesn't work at all). I have no idea when it started happening, but it's the last bug I have to work out of my JD to get it 100%.

I have brand new ball trough boards in, and I checked the switches, those are triggering fine and descending correctly as a ball drops into the trough, so it's not a trough issue.
The switch that the crane drops the ball through is working properly.
As far as I know every switch is working correctly.

Could this be some kind of code issue?

#1717 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

When multiball starts in a standard game, is it supposed to be 3 ball or 5 ball? I'm having an issue where when multiball starts (after getting my third lock) two new balls are fired out along with the 3 dropping from deadworld. The problem is that once two have drained, it ends the multiball, even though I still have 3 balls in play. This causes a ton of issues once it happens (basically it tries to keep those extra two balls in play, which doesn't work at all). I have no idea when it started happening, but it's the last bug I have to work out of my JD to get it 100%.
I have brand new ball trough boards in, and I checked the switches, those are triggering fine and descending correctly as a ball drops into the trough, so it's not a trough issue.

Regular game is 4 ball. Supergame is 6 ball.

If you don't play Supergame occasionally, the game thinks the trough i bad and misbehaves. This might have been fixed in L7 but if you have the deadworld mod, you need to be aware of it.

What ROM are you using? Deadworld mod or something else?

If you search back, I had a multiball issue that was related to an opto somewhere. I cannot recall off the top of my head.

Don't think it's a code issue. In my experience, JD doesn't always tell you when switches aren't working correctly (as in my opto problem)...

I'd start debugging by...

1) Turn the game off, then back on to get it into a good state
2) Play Supergame just to ensure the game knows the trough is ok
3) Turn the game off, the back on to go back to a known state
4) Start a game but trigger everything carefully by hand. Roll the ball to activate the specific targets required. Verify they are activating.

Does the game shoot out too many balls?

This isn't a perfect approach, but it allows you to more carefully watch and see if the game is reacting as expected in a more controlled situation.

Also, just because you replaced the trough doesn't mean it's working. The connectors can be troublesome. In my case, I found the "jam" opto on the trough wasn't working well as well as the connectors themselves. When testing the trough, I didn't test the jam opto initially. I believe it will cause the problem you are describing, so suggest taking a look.

... Altan

#1718 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Do you have the DW mod? I do and I had a very similar issue due to the ball not being dropped through the opto when being unloaded with the crane. The crane would release the ball too early and the ball woulddribble down off the front edge of the DW ring instead of dropping through the opto chute. I took me a few minutes to realize what was going on. The result is that the machine loses count of the balls and ends the ball before they are all drained in MB. The way I fixed it was to adjust the crane using a tutorial I found here on pinside. If you need more info on this I can dig up the tutorial just LMK here or PM.

#1719 7 years ago

Regular game muiltiball is 4 balls and super game is 6

#1720 7 years ago

Sounds like a trough opto issue, even though the boards are new. Take out the balls and use a phone camera on the recevier side to check if the emitters are working correctly (you should see a mild glow around the phototransistors from behind the board). If that works check the plugs, might be corroded or have a loose wire.

#1721 7 years ago

Oops, forgot to mention that I do have the deadworld mod installed with the appropriate rom (I think that's L7). Thanks for clarifying that I am, indeed, getting one extra ball kicked into play during regular game.

-I'll try out playing a round of supergame first and see if that clears the issue up.
-I did just do the crane arm adjustment, but until I get my new plastic for raising/lowering the arm (old one was broken), I won't be able to fully test that.
-I've fully tested the troughs, and they are registering correctly, though I will try re-seating the connectors for them.
-How do I test the Jam Opto in the trough board? That is one that I don't recall testing. Where is that one located?

Thanks for all your help!

#1722 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Oops, forgot to mention that I do have the deadworld mod installed with the appropriate rom (I think that's L7).

I thought the Deadworld mod requires L1AT ROM

#1723 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I thought the Deadworld mod requires L1AT ROM

Yep, you're right, my bad. I just checked and the L1AT ROM is what is installed.

#1724 7 years ago

Just rejoined again after about 10 years I remember paying about 800.00 back them,still a great deal and am having a lot of fun,looks very nice no fade but the persuit flasher on the right is cracked just like my old one and the plastic was impossible to find back then ,has anybody remade them,I know most of us have cracks and they would sell well

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1726 7 years ago

That's quite a bit after shipping. Plexi is pretty easy to bend, these would be easy to make. Who else is in need?

#1727 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

That's quite a bit after shipping. Plexi is pretty easy to bend, these would be easy to make. Who else is in need?

I would purchase a set...

#1728 7 years ago

I have a judge dredd machine seems to work fine but supergame starts with one ball.

Please help

#1729 7 years ago

I would take a set but if you don't make them could you tell us the best stuff to bend and how would you do it,I thought a copper pipe of the correct diameter and vice it up them use a propane torch in the hole to heat it up and then bend,what do you think,I could be way off

#1730 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would take a set but if you don't make them could you tell us the best stuff to bend and how would you do it,I thought a copper pipe of the correct diameter and vice it up them use a propane torch in the hole to heat it up and then bend,what do you think,I could be way off

I would use a steel rod or round stock and a household kitchen oven to melt polycarbonate over it. Steel will deform less than copper. Without ever doing it, this would be my first crack at it.

#1731 7 years ago

Okay, I'm a little closer to diagnosing the problem (I think). I was installing decals over the weekend, so I had the playfield out, but I popped it back in today.

-I played a round of supergame and this happened: all 6 balls shoot out fine, but the round is ending with 2 balls still in play. Once they drain out, this causes the next ball to immediately try to eject 3 balls into the shooter lane, which causes backups until they all get knocked out. On every ball in supergame, the round is ending 2 balls early.

-Playing a normal game, I still only have issues once multiball is started, prior to that I have no issues.

-Still waiting on my crane arm lifting part, so I can't test that yet, but I have tried manually picking the balls out of deadworld when required and dropping them through the opto there (which registers, I can hear the sound for it trigger), but it has no effect on the problem.

Any ideas on where I should go from here?

#1732 7 years ago

Test the ultraviolet LED bulbs on the trough board. Just view them through your cell phone camera to make sure they are all shining... Easy test to rule that out...

#1733 7 years ago

I'm not seeing the LED bulbs showing up through my phone camera, not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but they don't show anything to me through the camera. However, my boards do have status led's on them (off when ball is present, on when ball is not present). I tested these and they are all working correctly, which leads me to think that the sensor must be working correctly. The Ball Jam status LED is lit up, though, so I am thinking that might be where the issue is.

#1734 7 years ago

you have to take the board off and turn it around to view the LEDs.

#1735 7 years ago

Okay, took the boards off, all the uv lights on the LED's are working good.

#1736 7 years ago

I'm taking it no one knows why I'm getting only one ball In super game startup

#1738 7 years ago
Quoted from Randy2:

I'm taking it no one knows why I'm getting only one ball In super game startup

It could be one of a few things. What have you ruled out? Trough boards all shining? Switch test passed? That's where I would start...

#1739 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I would use a steel rod or round stock and a household kitchen oven to melt polycarbonate over it. Steel will deform less than copper. Without ever doing it, this would be my first crack at it.

I made one with a pipe and it looks ok and will be great with new stickers,does anybody make the stickers?

#1740 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I made one with a pipe and it looks ok and will be great with new stickers,does anybody make the stickers?

Here is one!
ebay.com link: ebay.com

#1741 7 years ago

I've got a bunch of time today to look into my problem, so here is where I'm at in figuring it out:

-I played a round of supergame and this happened: all 6 balls shoot out fine, but the round is ending with 2 balls still in play. Once they drain out, this causes the next ball to immediately try to eject 3 balls into the shooter lane, which causes backups until they all get knocked out. On every ball in supergame, the round is ending 2 balls early.

-Playing a normal game, I still only have issues once multiball is started, prior to that I have no issues.

-Still waiting on my crane arm lifting part, so I can't test that yet, but I have tried manually picking the balls out of deadworld when required and dropping them through the opto there (which registers, I can hear the sound for it trigger), but it has no effect on the problem.

-On the trough boards, all the UV LED lights are on (when viewed through a cell phone camera), and the status LED's on the board are all functioning correctly. The Ball Jam status LED is lit up (meaning ball is not present), and all other ball status LED's in the trough board are off (meaning ball is present).

So, assuming I can rule out the trough and the crane, what else could be the problem? A friend at pinball league mentioned it might be a logic issue/main board issue, does that sound right?

#1742 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Here is one!
ebay.com link

Thank you

#1743 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I've got a bunch of time today to look into my problem, so here is where I'm at in figuring it out:
-On the trough boards, all the UV LED lights are on (when viewed through a cell phone camera), and the status LED's on the board are all functioning correctly. The Ball Jam status LED is lit up (meaning ball is not present), and all other ball status LED's in the trough board are off (meaning ball is present).
So, assuming I can rule out the trough and the crane, what else could be the problem? A friend at pinball league mentioned it might be a logic issue/main board issue, does that sound right?

Did you look in the switch test if all the trough arrive at the cpu correctly? Take out all the balls and trigger them one by one. Shooter lane switch working? Any other switches that are stuck open/closed in the test?

#1744 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

This might help you
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/ij2/shop/Trough.htm

#1745 7 years ago

Awesome, thanks! I'll look into that today if I get some time.

#1746 7 years ago

Okay, so I got my crane part today and now this is where I'm at:

-All trough switches are testing properly (both on the opto boards as well as in the cpu and switch tests). In the attached picture the right column of dots with one square is the trough and everything is triggering properly (the lit square is the jam opto, which means no ball is present).
-Shooter lane switch is working correctly.
-All switches are working correctly/not stuck as far as I can tell (attached is what I see in the switch test, if your working game shows something different, let me know)
-Crane is completely dialed in now and works normally, picking up every ball and dropping every ball through the designated section so that it triggers the opto switch in there. Absolutely no issues with the crane or associated switches now.

I've double checked everything from that link except removing the trough and checking for indentations, I'll check that now and report back.

DSC_0363 (resized).JPGDSC_0363 (resized).JPG

#1747 7 years ago

Okay, ball trough is all good as far as wear goes so it's not that either.

-In a regular game, I lock 3 balls normally and multiball starts with ONE new ball kicking into play (so it's a 4 ball multiball). All balls are unloaded off of the crane normally and through the switch, I hear the shooter lane ball switch being triggered, everything is normal. The correct amount of balls are in play, but the multiball ends with 2 balls still in play, and the round ends with 1 ball still in play.

-In super game, 6 balls are active, but the round ends with two balls still in play (I verified this by holding two balls on one flipper and draining the rest).

So it seems the problem is not that I'm getting extra balls kicked into play now, it's that the round is ending early. I honestly don't know where to go from here.

#1748 7 years ago

And you are sure that the opto senses the ball from the crane drop? this is the exact same problem I had when my crane was dripping balls and they were not going past the opto. when you drop a ball through that pass in switch test does it open the circuit?

#1749 7 years ago

Here is my switch test. All your drop target switches are showing open. whats up with that? were they all down when you did the switch test?

1478822308628-1396558291 (resized).jpg1478822308628-1396558291 (resized).jpg

#1750 7 years ago

duplicate sorry. stupid phone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.