New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 40984)

Dredd Owners Thread. Members Only!

By Anim8ormatt

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,813 posts
  • 439 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,097 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JD planet (resized).JPG
61663-f6ecbc365e62ec4475f8a9c205e2bed2 (resized).jpg
1019202207a (resized).jpg
20201005_213857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201003_001326896 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
263EBCCB-716F-4D90-AE6D-2BED1029155A (resized).jpeg
A9D99680-2FA6-477F-9F4B-12952C43F09E (resized).jpeg
61C1C7F7-8C26-4AFF-8D05-8F4E6BE04D8A (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200918_203032086 (resized).jpg
IMG_9826 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200909_170338836 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200909_171125209 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200905_090255566 (resized).jpg
IMG20200822180916 (resized).jpg
IMG20200822180900 (resized).jpg

There are 3813 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 77.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:Thanks and good spot.. damn that's annoying..
Would this combo work for both?
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-18616.html
ebay.com link » Bally Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Playfield Ramp Sign Police Siren Decal New Nos

This should work

#1602 4 years ago

But you need the curved plastics, those decals on it's own will not work.

IMG_0053_(resized).JPG

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Thanks and good spot.. damn that's annoying..
Would this combo work for both?
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-18616.html
ebay.com link » Bally Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Playfield Ramp Sign Police Siren Decal New Nos

If you are ordering those, I'd order 2 as well and split the postage. I got a JD on the last container to Seattle and mine are really yellowed, I already picked up the stickers and was planning on ordering the plastics. --Dan

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If you are ordering those, I'd order 2 as well and split the postage.

I'll let you know.. waiting for the deal to finalize first. What was shipping time last year, 6-8 weeks?

1 week later
#1605 4 years ago

I needed a new subway entrance decal for my keeper machine and for my project one so i had some made up. These are vinyl decals not water slide. They look better than in this pic, my camera is doing some weird stuff lately I have a few spare left over.......

DSC02503 (resized).JPG

#1606 4 years ago

I'm just about to start a complete flipper rebuild as one of them is suffering from the old 'stay in the up position' problem and thought I may as well do the lot.

Have noticed that under the lower flippers are a couple of holes/indents in the playfield.

Was this for something that was planned at the prototype stage and scrapped, like a peg or something?

dredd (resized).JPG

#1607 4 years ago

afaik you are supposed to put toothpicks in there and use them to adjust the flipper position

#1609 4 years ago

Ah very clever! Useful to know, thanks Dredders.

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I needed a new subway entrance decal for my keeper machine and for my project one so i had some made up.

Still got a few of these left....

#1611 4 years ago

Hey guys does anyone have a dread World mod they would like to sell?

#1612 4 years ago

Why not get one from pinbits? They sell a kit for around $60... I installed in the past month, pretty straightforward.

... Altan

#1613 4 years ago

Coming back to this club on Sunday......I have missed it.

#1614 4 years ago

Looking forward to playing JD next month. I bought one while I was gone and it's been tucked safely away in my garage. I have LED OCD, some new plastics, black powdercoated legs, and some other stuff waiting.

Going to try to flame polish the ramps while I'm at it.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Going to try to flame polish the ramps while I'm at it.

I've had excellent results with flame polishing.

However, I've not done it with my Dredd because the ramps are really hard to replace (if something goes wrong) I'm a Scaredy–cat in this situation.

Show pics!

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I've had excellent results with flame polishing.
However, I've not done it with my Dredd because the ramps are really hard to replace (if something goes wrong) I'm a Scaredy–cat in this situation.
Show pics!

Will do. The ramps are available, but uber-expensive. Maybe Freeplay40 will take pity on Dredd owners at some point.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Will do. The ramps are available, but uber-expensive. Maybe Freeplay40 will take pity on Dredd owners at some point.

We can hope.

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ooh, I should bug him, I could use some new ramps and live close by, mine could be used for molding and testing.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Ooh, I should bug him, I could use some new ramps and live close by, mine could be used for molding and testing.

You're on it!

#1620 4 years ago

Would be great indeed

#1621 4 years ago

I'm getting my project JD just about finished and was plugging in all the connectors and using my other working machine as a definitive cross reference when i came across one plug that had me stumped for a while. Going off the manual it plugs into J604 on the DMD controller board (see first pic), On second look i realised my working machine not only doesn't have that one plugged in (see pic 2)the actually wiring/plug isn't on the loom at all. Since my working machine is and always has been 100% going since i bought it i'm wondering what the bloody hell is that particular plug for????? The one beside it on the DMD board, J605, also goes back to the power supply. Am i missing something here?? has my working machine been stuffed with??
Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Amendment** That plug in Pic 1 at J604 on the DMD doesn't go the power supply, i errrmm found the other end It ends in a similar plug that sits at the bottom of the driver board BUT doesn't seem to be anywhere to plug it into. There's also no mention of an 8 pin plug with those coloured wires to attach to the driver board or any other board YET it mentions that plug on the DMD board. Anyone got any ideas what it's purpose is??

DSC02509 (resized).JPG
DSC02510 (resized).JPG

#1622 4 years ago

OK i'm an idiot. I know where it goes now, hooks up to the DMD of course......arrgghhhhh ffs. One reason i didn't think of that is cause i have a colour dmd on the other machine and it doesn't power through that plug.

#1623 4 years ago

Another i "needed that part and can't buy the original post"!!
Project machine was missing the right hand side pursuit bracket, luckily the part the globe holders screw on to was still there. Out with the tools and random bits of metal again It's not perfect and i wasn't gonna pay to get it chromed but Hey, it's not too bad

DSC02517 (resized).JPG

#1624 4 years ago

Anybody needing plastics head over to this thread and make yourself heard.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-plastic-set-would-you-like-to-see-made#post-3330061

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Anybody needing plastics head over to this thread and make yourself heard.

I made as much noise as i could about JD plastic sets, apart from grovelling on my knees or parting the cheeks on another thread that Rick from PPS was posting in and was completely ignored FFS, he replied to virtually everyone else but me
I can surmise from that only 2 things.... A) He doesn't give a shit. Or B) It's on the cards already and didn't want to let the cat out of the bag, Insert your own C) to this if you have one!

#1626 4 years ago

Anyone know what sound roms you need for the "Dimensional Lock" call out vs. the "Dimensional Phase" call out? Working on Dredd #2 and am thinking I'd want to have that with the modded/restored Deadworld lock functionality that I plan to install this time.

#1627 4 years ago

I just got a new left flipper board from GLM, but I'm having a really hard time getting it to work properly with the interference from the left launch coil. I'll have it set perfect and 1 or 2 games later its out of sorts even when I tape it. Any tips to get it working properly?

#1628 4 years ago

...and we're back.

Will have to add some spotlights like last time....but looks and plays great.

image (resized).jpeg

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from beardorew:

I just got a new left flipper board from GLM, but I'm having a really hard time getting it to work properly with the interference from the left launch coil. I'll have it set perfect and 1 or 2 games later its out of sorts even when I tape it. Any tips to get it working properly?

I had difficulty even fitting mine as the microswitch I got to replace a broken one in the start button, stuck out too much. I had to remove the whole fitting, install the flipper board and put the button assembly back in carefully bending the contact outwards by 90°. There is about 3mm clearance between the two!

I had some interference from the left launcher as well. I flipped the magnet over, moved it around until both LEDs went out and then stuck it down with tape. It was a fiddly process, but it solved the problem. I still get a little movement from the right flipper when launching the ball, (I've got a GLM right flipper board too) but I can live with it.

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

...and we're back.
Will have to add some spotlights like last time....but looks and plays great.

The two best "value for money" machines next to each other. I like your style !

#1631 4 years ago

With Shadow and BSD in the house, Dredd is getting the least love lately. Got a good 40 minutes in tonight and had a blast!

Also want to say how big of a fan I am of Super Game. Awesome easy way to shake up gameplay. I love the bonus modes and jackpots/super jackpots. Easy multiball is always nice. It's a quick way to make sure guests have fun, too!

#1632 4 years ago

Hurry up !!
ebay.com link » Bally Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Eagle Topper Rare

#1633 4 years ago

I am a true 3 ball per game player but JD is the only game ever I have changed to 5 balls. It is just to hard doing it with 3 balls. Have I done the wrong thing?

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hurry up !!
ebay.com link » Bally Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Eagle Topper Rare

"Full size 2D Topper for the Judge Dredd pinball machine" ???

#1635 4 years ago

yeah, a good placeholder before finding a real one ^^

lucky am i to have found a NOS one few mont ago (a 3d one :p)

#1636 4 years ago

I posted this yesterday on the main forum but I thought I would ask in here to see if ya'll Dredd heads know - I tried using the old google machine - but didn't really come up with much. Are all of the Dredd Pinball characters that are in the game in the comics too? I know the Dark Judges, Judge Anderson, Walter the Wobot, and Mean Machine are all in the comics but what about Anita Mann, the Bad Impersonator, the Battle Tank, and the machine gun dude and other dude who wants to eat the chicken in the safe cracker mode? I got a feeling a lot of them were just made up for the pinball, but it would interesting to know if anyone has the inside scoop on this.

#1637 4 years ago

I want to say the Battle Tank was but I am not for sure. So many bizarre characters in the Dredd comics.

#1638 4 years ago

maybe the Battle Tank is supposed to kinda be like General Blood N' Guts from the cursed earth series...

pasted_image (resized).png

#1639 4 years ago

Oh right, that is what I was thinking of. I thought something similar was in the Cursed Earth arc.

#1640 4 years ago

Anyone running color dmd with your deadworld mod? Just curious as color dmd says software required is L7. May splurge for the color display

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Anyone running color dmd with your deadworld mod? Just curious as color dmd says software required is L7. May splurge for the color display

Should still work.

#1642 4 years ago

Works no worries at all, i can confirm this

#1643 4 years ago

Guys im in for flatulence! 10 years! Just brought this guy home yesterday. 1st dmd pin. And oh my god do i love it!!!! Its sooo nice too. Fade to the cab but not a ding or knick in it. The coin door looks immaculate too. Playfield looks like the game has never been played. Sooo happy with it. Now gotta led and color dmd it up. Someone give me some money.

20160918_152205 (resized).jpg

20160918_152220 (resized).jpg

20160918_130957 (resized).jpg

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Guys im in for flatulence! 10 years! Just brought this guy home yesterday. 1st dmd pin. And oh my god do i love it!!!! Its sooo nice too. Fade to the cab but not a ding or knick in it. The coin door looks immaculate too. Playfield looks like the game has never been played. Sooo happy with it. Now gotta led and color dmd it up. Someone give me some money.

Well done! Looks like great machine.

#1645 4 years ago

I bought one and it was shipped last Monday. Hoping to go pick it up in the next few days.

#1646 4 years ago

Mine works fine, except the 'Life for Terrorism' crime scene, which just shows a blank screen for some reason.

#1647 4 years ago

Just shopped out the dredd i just bought. Used titan pinball comp rubbers and replaced the captives (man were they dirty) with globalls. Turned out pretty good i think. Boy oh boy is this playfield difficult to take down though. All the ramps and wireforms and plastics are intertwined like a jigsaw puzzle.

20160925_103757 (resized).jpg

20160925_103746 (resized).jpg

#1648 4 years ago

looks awesome! i plan to shop mine soon too. i have clear and black titan rings and flipper rebuild kits to install. yesterday I put in some LEDs including this blue drain strip.

4958 (resized).jpeg

VZM.IMG_20160924_175613 (resized).jpg

#1649 4 years ago

Wizard mode looks like were neighbors. You hsve a tz and sorceror. I think you should let me come over and flip...

#1650 4 years ago

ha yeah sounds good Dan!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Atlanta, GA
$ 11.00
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 3813 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside