IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 98.
#1501 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone build/make their own topper mount for the topper that isn't "filled"?
I went to Home Depot just now and they didn't have any L brackets that would fit. At least none that I found.
In a perfect world I'd like a L-bracket that has a small "base" and a taller other side (vertical). And on this vertical aspect it would be nice if there was a slot running down the middle so I could put a screw anywhere. The ones I found that 1 or 2 screw holes in fixed (and wrong) places.
If I had a drill press I could easily fix that...

You could get some metal strapping that has holes pre drilled... I use that strapping for stuff all the time

#1502 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

If I had a drill press I could easily fix that...

You don't need a drill press, a drill would do it.

or...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11964

#1503 7 years ago

New topic... Supergame.

How many balls are in play initially? You launch the first and then?

Rules on the web say one additional ball is launched.

I get 2 additional balls launched.

I don't have strange extra balls during regular game.

I'm running l7 and would appreciate input from other owners.

#1504 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

New topic... Supergame.

Super game starts you with 2 balls and a random Supergame mode. During the mode if you can hit all the drop targets you get a 6 ball multiball. After you lose all but one ball it turns into a regular game again.

If you have 3 balls at the start of Supergame then something is wrong.

#1505 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Super game starts you with 2 balls and a random Supergame mode. During the mode if you can hit all the drop targets you get a 6 ball multiball. After you lose all but one ball it turns into a regular game again.
If you have 3 balls at the start of Supergame then something is wrong.

Thanks. Can you tell me what rom version you have?

#1506 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks. Can you tell me what rom version you have?

Sure can I have the Pinbits one for the locking deadworld ring L1AT.

#1507 7 years ago

Marco sells the bracket. It is a exact copy of the original. This is for the plastic ones.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11964

#1508 7 years ago

Can some have look and let me know where this sticker is supposed to be placed on JD?

20160723_215447_(resized).jpg20160723_215447_(resized).jpg

#1509 7 years ago

Haven't got one of those stickers on either of my Dredd's ???

#1510 7 years ago

Had a bit of a go at doing some instruction cards this evening/morning (yeah got bored ), using existing pics on the net and a tad of plagiarism They didn't turn out too bad, might even look into getting hold of a decent photoshop style program.

DSC02444_(resized).JPGDSC02444_(resized).JPG

DSC02445_(resized).JPGDSC02445_(resized).JPG

#1511 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

New topic... Supergame.

My JD started shooting out extra balls during Supergame, then during normal games, a week later it started launching balls even when the game was over.

I cleaned the trough optos with no results.

Today, I installed new opto boards (part # DCS-TBS from Great Lakes Modular) and everything works great.

#1512 7 years ago

Thanks Volgon (and phillymadison)
Just to be extremely thorough, is there anyone out there running L7? I'd appreciate hearing how many balls are launched with L7 and Supergame.
I've spent the last 2 hours looking into this and nothing seems wrong... (not that I haven't missed something)
1) I've filed down the trough to make it super smooth
2) Cleaned the opts on the trough
3) verified the the shooter lane switch
4) Watched the trough and verified no balls are stuck
5) banged on the playfield at various times and switches don't toggle
So just as a sanity check, I'd like to get verification on L7 Supergame behavior.
Thanks!
... Altan

Added over 8 years ago: Update: Turned out it was a ball trough opto issue.

#1513 7 years ago

L7 here. Supergame launches 2 balls, and an additional 4 if you hit all drop targets. Just as with the older versions..
You might want to check the trough plugs if the optos are doing fine, had some trouble with loosening connectors on mine.

#1514 7 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

L7 here. Supergame launches 2 balls, and an additional 4 if you hit all drop targets. Just as with the older versions..
You might want to check the trough plugs if the optos are doing fine, had some trouble with loosening connectors on mine.

Thanks! It was a big stretch to believe l7 changed something.., but wanted to triple check.

Again, thanks.

#1515 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

You know, i've heard that JD in particular can be prone to the trough getting magnetized which in turn can cause opto issues. I'm not sure that filing the trough metal is a very good idea. By taking the zinc coating off you are exposing bare metal which possibly could make it worse. There is a trough plastic you can buy (from Pinbits) that is supposed to negate that issue. Having said all that, generally speaking, if you are getting extra balls shot out at any stage it's usually always down to the opto's (also could be the connectors on the trough boards), will effect the opto's anyway.

#1516 7 years ago

Had a bit more spare time on my hands so i corrected and changed the text/colour (original one i "borrowed" had several mistakes) and found some extra pics online that i thought might work well. A bit of dabbling here and there and i'm really liking these. Without adding a poll, which one's are people's fav's? (if any that is ) I've got a couple of favourites i prefer over others but would be interested what others think.

DSC02448_(resized).JPGDSC02448_(resized).JPG

DSC02449_(resized).JPGDSC02449_(resized).JPG

#1517 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks Volgon (and phillymadison)
Just to be extremely thorough, is there anyone out there running L7? I'd appreciate hearing how many balls are launched with L7 and Supergame.
I've spent the last 2 hours looking into this and nothing seems wrong... (not that I haven't missed something)
2) Cleaned the opts on the trough
3) verified the the shooter lane switch
4) Watched the trough and verified no balls are stuck
5) banged on the playfield at various times and switches don't toggle
So just as a sanity check, I'd like to get verification on L7 Supergame behavior.
Thanks!
... Altan

I have L7; Supergame launches two balls. It did the same when I had L6.

#1518 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Had a bit more spare time on my hands so i corrected and changed the text/colour (original one i "borrowed" had several mistakes) and found some extra pics online that i thought might work well. A bit of dabbling here and there and i'm really liking these. Without adding a poll, which one's are people's fav's? (if any that is ) I've got a couple of favourites i prefer over others but would be interested what others think.

I like #1 and #4 in the second picture the best.

#1519 7 years ago
Quoted from Volgon:

I have L7; Supergame launches two balls. It did the same when I had L6.

Thanks. Earlier today I found a problem with the "up" / "jam" ball trough opto which was causing the problem. Now I get Supergame with 2 balls

#1520 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I like them all but top left is probably my favorite. Can you send those my way?

#1521 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I like them all but top left is probably my favorite. Can you send those my way?

Lets say they are numbered this way -----from picture No' 1 >>> 1 - 2 then 3 - 4

& picture No' 2 >>> 5 - 6 then 7 - 8

Which one's are you wanting? bare in mind 6 and 8 are for the other side of the apron, all the others are optional left side (or visa versa )
As i did these using my printer program they are not in pdf format so i'd have to print them up and post to you. PM me your details and which ones you want and i'll be happy to help out.

#1522 7 years ago

Hi all, I have just got hold of a Judge Dredd machine, and after actually not even being interested in it, once I played it a few times I am absolutely loving it. I am lucky the machine I got hold of is in extremely good condition for its age, and I am really happy with the way it plays. I've ordered the deadworld mod, and also some other bits n pieces to spice up the look a bit with a plan to fully LED it out to make it hum!!
My question to all others who own one is, underneath the deadworld, where the drop targets are, and into the subway, there is a metal plate over the subway. Mine does not have a sticker or pic on it, just the bare plate. Now I am wondering if anyone else has a picture there, and if so could you please get a shot of it as best you can so i can check it out and maybe work out a replacement thanks.
Also, Mancave? Your apron pics look sensational!! I would love a copy of all of them so I can print out and see which one looks best on the machine.
Thanks
Toes

#1523 7 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Also, Mancave? Your apron pics look sensational!! I would love a copy of all of them so I can print out and see which one looks best on the machine.
Thanks
Toes

Welcome to the club Toes, JD is an awesome machine, DON'T let anyone try and persuade you otherwise
Attached a pic of the decal, pretty sure they can't be bought anywhere at the moment.
I have messaged you about the cards.

DSC02451_(resized).JPGDSC02451_(resized).JPG

#1524 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Welcome to the club Toes, JD is an awesome machine, DON'T let anyone try and persuade you otherwise
Attached a pic of the decal, pretty sure they can't be bought anywhere at the moment.

Hi Mancave, thanks for that pic. Thats not the one I mean, since posting I have found out it is actually a plastic that is missing, and it goes around the subway hole. Looking at your pic, you might not have it either! It has something like the words "Cursed Earth" on a sign to the left of the subway entrance.
I have since found another thread where someone has scans of all the playfield plastics, which when I am able to pm, I will contact to try and get hold of and then try and get a high quality vinyl print made.
Absolutely cant wait to get your prints either mate, very excited!

#1525 7 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Hi Mancave, thanks for that pic. Thats not the one I mean, since posting I have found out it is actually a plastic that is missing, and it goes around the subway hole. Looking at your pic, you might not have it either! It has something like the words "Cursed Earth" on a sign to the left of the subway entrance.

Here ya go (for reference)

IMG_7374_-_Version_3_(resized).jpgIMG_7374_-_Version_3_(resized).jpg

FWIW, it's a bit basic, but I've started populating the Judge Dredd page on my site

http://www.aaarpinball.com/JudgeDredd/JD.htm

... Altan

#1526 7 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Looking at your pic, you might not have it either! It has something like the words "Cursed Earth" on a sign to the left of the subway entrance.

Yeah gotcha now, that one is pretty much always broken in most machines, i've got one for both machines but the play field this pic is from is virtually unpopulated at the moment, doing a restore.

#1527 7 years ago

Yikes!

JD is much harder now that I've fixed my ball trough. I didn't realize it wasn't operating correctly regular game.

With the messed up ball trough, it would fire 1 ball at game start. But after hitting the J-U-D-G-E targets, and then the left ramp, and finally the subway for jackpot... All you needed to do to start the next multiball was shot the left ramp!

Now I need to spell JUDGE again...

It's really interesting how these switch issues cause the game to play differently in unexpected ways.

BTW, the "Yikes" just means surprise. It's better this way!

#1528 7 years ago

Does anyone know of anyplace that currently has an eagle topper?

#1529 7 years ago
Quoted from gms1975:

Does anyone know of anyplace that currently has an eagle topper?

If you find out, PLEASE let me know, i'm chasing one as well.

#1530 7 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. I now have the pics for the plastic. Might just get a good quality vinyl sticker made to go on the plate I have there now.
Mancave? Got your cards today too! Mate, they're awesome. Might have to do a weekly change out to keep it interesting!! And have you tried PSPA here in Melbourne for the topper? I thought I saw one for sale on their sight? I know I have seen one somewhere for about 500 buckos!

#1531 7 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Mancave? Got your cards today too! Mate, they're awesome. Might have to do a weekly change out to keep it interesting!! And have you tried PSPA here in Melbourne for the topper? I thought I saw one for sale on their sight? I know I have seen one somewhere for about 500 buckos!

No worries at all happy to help, and i use a bit of double sided thin tape top and bottom just to keep them sitting flat. If your gonna swap them regularly just peel them off carefully cause the laminate might part with the card. Yeah i know Mark's got one or two there but for this project machine i'm not willing to fork out the bucks Think i paid about $150 for the one on my keeper machine (was a repro though), and pretty sure the JD faithful thought my adding LED'S for eyes was a BIG no no Looks awesome just the same.

#1532 7 years ago

Don't listen to anybody who complaints about the red led eyes. They look awsome! Those complainers are probably the same guys still using incandesent lamps lol. I'm going to do the same mod on mine.

#1533 7 years ago

I did a $2.50 Eagle mounting solution. Hope it inspires someone. I didn't see a need to also mount the upper Eagle support.

IMG_7437_(resized).jpgIMG_7437_(resized).jpg

I've got a decent amount of Judge Dredd stuff I've done on my site now (http://www.aaarpinball.com/JudgeDredd/JD.htm)

... Altan

#1534 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I did a $2.50 Eagle mounting solution. Hope it inspires someone. I didn't see a need to also mount the upper Eagle support.

I've got a decent amount of Judge Dredd stuff I've done on my site now (http://www.aaarpinball.com/JudgeDredd/JD.htm)
... Altan

Mounted mine exactly the same way.

#1535 7 years ago

my JD does not have the cutouts in the back box face for the topper feet. strange. anyone know the history there?

#1536 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

my JD does not have the cutouts in the back box face for the topper feet. strange. anyone know the history there?

Interesting. Perhaps you have a cabinet (or head) from another game that someone put new decals on? Are they original?

#1537 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Interesting. Perhaps you have a cabinet (or head) from another game that someone put new decals on? Are they original?

Not sure, I guess I will take a closer look!

#1538 7 years ago

Was lucky to find an eagle topper 2 years ago when I bought mine. Wish it was the chromed one, but happy to have one. I painted it with gold glitter and it turned out nice!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-my-jd-topper

eca2afe6f9a53661a274dc06683a2bd146bfe1f8_(resized).jpgeca2afe6f9a53661a274dc06683a2bd146bfe1f8_(resized).jpg

#1539 7 years ago

I sold my JD and have extra parts if anyone is interested. I have the 2000 A.D. Judge Death action figure out if box. I mounted him to the eagle topper as a pretty cool addition to the topper. I also have full rebuild kits, minus the coils, for 2 flipper assemblies. I rebuilt the bottom 2 flippers but never got around to the upper 2, hence 2 new rebuild kits. Complete with the flipper pawls, flipper bushings, flipper bats (standard and smaller 2" flipper bat for right upper flipper with black 2" rubber), coil sleeves, return springs, coil stop plate, switches, hardware, just as you would buy the kit from PL but includes the bushings and flipper bats with the 2" black rubber. $45.00 for everything shipped. Figure only, $22.00 shipped. Flipper rebuild kits only, $28.00 shipped. PM me if interested, Thanks.image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1540 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Was lucky to find an eagle topper 2 years ago when I bought mine. Wish it was the chromed one, but happy to have one. I painted it with gold glitter and it turned out nice!

Nice work on that!

#1541 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Gonna make a few repros of the subway sticker. Anyone else in need, PM me.

#1542 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Thanks for sharing! Looks nice.

I was considering painting mine gold, but a little concerned that the Eagle is quite hard to find now and it might be better to leave it alone rather than risk some failure.

The gold glitter approach was a smart choice since it probably can go one with a little less care (don't that that the wrong way!).

... Altan

#1543 7 years ago

I decided to purchase the Pinbits Deadworld mod and give it a try.

I'll let you know what I think...

It's too bad you need to fall back to L1 to support this. I realize the release notes don't claim much changed between L1 and L7, but I'm guessing they didn't list everything that changed.

Still, not having balls circle Deadworld seems to diminish Deadworld so much!

#1544 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

It's too bad you need to fall back to L1 to support this. I realize the release notes don't claim much changed between L1 and L7, but I'm guessing they didn't list everything that changed.

I agree! I wish I could code so I could hack the ROM myself to L7 with deadworld functionality!

#1545 7 years ago

I thought when you bought the dead world mod from pinbits they gave you their version of the L1 rom. Is that not true? Either way I need to buy the correct version of the L1 for the deadworld mod off of somebody if anybody has it. Please pm me if you have one. Virtual lock is not the same as them falling onto the planet and filling up.

#1546 7 years ago

Working on creating a repro shooter lane plastic today for a buddy. Laser cut today and it's a perfect fit! Next step is matching colors and printing the waterslide decals.

IMG_20160803_194056_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_194056_(resized).jpg

#1547 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Working on creating a repro shooter lane plastic today for a buddy. Laser cut today and it's a perfect fit! Next step is matching colors and printing the waterslide decals.

Nice work. That particular plastic is actually available to buy. Any thoughts on doing the Cursed Earth plastic?, that one is always busted

#1548 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Ok... Got the mod (or "reversion to original")... installed it...

I immediately saw the impact of "it requires the game to be fully working". Game ended up shooting a bunch of balls into the shooter lane. This was after the crane didn't fully pull a ball out but rather the ball rolled down (and didn't trigger the opto).

Good news is my game was working perfectly before... I just need to readjust the crane / deadworld since I replaced the deadworld piece.

... Altan

#1549 7 years ago

(Failed attempt to get Pinside to display a gif)

#1550 7 years ago

Also made some Subway stickers to replace my dirty peeling one

IMG_20160804_171254_(resized).jpgIMG_20160804_171254_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/31?hl=toeskneez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.