IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 98.
#101 11 years ago

Proud owner right here

#102 11 years ago

This was the first pin I brought back from it's state of ill-repair. (I snagged it for $850 with only 2 working flippers and numerous problems). When I shopped it out, I added coin taker LEDs, Deadworld mod, several color changing LEDs, among other things. Came out quite nicely

#103 11 years ago

This was the first pin I brought back from it's state of ill-repair. (I snagged it for $850 with only 2 working flippers and numerous problems). When I shopped it out, I added coin taker LEDs, Deadworld mod, several color changing LEDs, among other things. Came out quite nicely

#104 11 years ago

Edit: Oh geez, noob move on my part; my original post did not look like it went through on my iPad. mods please delete my duplicates and please accept my apologies!

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now you can get a stock one and pimp it out however you like. One thing I've noticed- no matter how beat the cabinet, the playfields are usually pretty nice!

That's the plan!

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

What's your favorite Judge Dredd sentence. Mine's "Life for Cannibalism".

Anita Mann- "a disgruntled postal worker has been seen building bombs"

Bad Impersonator- "you suck!!"

Traffic jam "move you car, whooooaaaa!"

Dredd- "send backup units"

"say goodnight, punk"

"onehundredmillion, excellent!"

There are no bad one-liners in this game, only good ones

#107 11 years ago

I cleaned my drop targets & put on new springs, I get fewer airballs. It still happens though sometimes. Not really an issue though, as the ball does often land on the rails & into the missle launch, so it works out fine.

Favorite mode is usually meltdown.
Hardest mode, Battle Tank can be tough but its doable for me. Pursuit I can struggle with, alternating hitting ramps.
Its funny how some timed modes can mess with your head & skills. When time is running out on something.... klunk, klunk, klunk. As soon as the mode ends, I can hit those same shots all day!

#108 11 years ago

I've owned JD for just over two years now. Absolutely love it, its totally a keeper.

Next month I am going to embark on a clear-coated playfield swap for Dredd. The clear coating came out beautiful, the game is going to FLY when I'm done.

Speaking of rebuilding Dredd's, does anybody have a spare ramp entrance plastic (the police siren)? I would be willing to trade two cracked ones for one nice condition one, or buy it outright (if anybody has). Let me know!

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

How long is the timer set on your battle tank?

whatever factory setting is. 20 seconds i think. I just go left loop. center ramp. and then smack the right targets from the left upper flipper in that order. I can get it in three flips about half the time.

#110 11 years ago

"ten years, for flatulence"

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

whatever factory setting is. 20 seconds i think. I just go left loop. center ramp. and then smack the right targets from the left upper flipper in that order. I can get it in three flips about half the time.

The one time I got it, that's how I did it. It's getting setup (and hitting) that left loop that's tough for me. I guess once I start hearing the explosions from the tank, I get all ham-fisted and lock up...

#112 11 years ago

My favourite mode is definitely Sniper. I just never get sick of hearing him scream on the way down, and going for a second shot to get the dog to piss on his body is a sweet payoff!

Hardest mode for me is probably Blackout. It doesn't take long to lose one of those two balls and there's no ball saver for it. If I manage to get a cradle separation then I can often hit the Blackout ramp 3 or 4 times from the lower left flipper. The setup of my JD usually sends Blackout ramp balls coming off the raised upper left flipper right over to the right inlanes for another shot at the Blackout ramp.

Battle Tank is great fun, it's very satisfying completing all 3 shots! I always try to bank it off the stand ups and up the Blackout ramp at least once. But it's not the best way because you've still got to get the ball up the left loop afterward. The best way, as has been said, is left loop > Blackout > standups in three successive shots.

I really like Safecracker in that as well as awarding mode points for each hit, you also spot JUDGE letters very quickly. I like to save this mode until after the first multi ball as it is a good way to quickly rack up the three sets of JUDGE required to light all the locks for the second multi ball.

And I'm really liking Pursuit mode at the moment just because I've put red and blue LED flashers on the Pursuit lights and it looks very awesome.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I just never get sick of hearing him scream on the way down, and going for a second shot to get the dog to piss on his body is a sweet payoff!

when i hit the second dhot it just awards me the score and ends the mode. I see no dog. I am on version 7 i believe

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

when i hit the second dhot it just awards me the score and ends the mode. I see no dog. I am on version 7 i believe

I get the dog. Not sure what version I'm on.

#115 11 years ago

I only get the dog if I also press the red buttons but only if I've hit the sniper twice. Sometimes I'll miss it if there is another animation overlapping. I'm on the latest version, L7 I think.

I actually wonder if my ROM, though it's L7, is different from other people's. My JD is a European reimport.

For regular multiball I get six balls. Super game modes all start with three balls and upon completing JUDGE I get six balls.

Usually on Pinside I read people describing super game modes as starting with two balls and regular multi ball being only four balls.

#116 11 years ago

My supergame starts with 2 balls. Regular multiball is 4, Ultimate Challenge is 6.....

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

For regular multiball I get six balls. Super game modes all start with three balls and upon completing JUDGE I get six balls.

Check your trough optos.

#118 11 years ago

My optos are all fine, never had any issues and I get no errors. I've talked to one other person who has the same behaviour as mine and I think his is a European reimport also.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

You have to bang on the red "fire" buttons after he gets impaled...like getting the turkey after finishing safecracker.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Ultimate Challenge is 6.....

Ultimate Challenge is 6 balls if you get there by completing all the modes...if you get there by capturing all the judges during multiball it is a 4 ball affair.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

My optos are all fine, never had any issues and I get no errors.

Do they have three balls in Europe? On my garage machine there were no errors, but the solder on the second from the top opto was loose causing an intermittent three ball start to supergame. This had no effect on regular game. In switch edges test mode, I could see the switch go on and off as I pressed on the opto board. A little touch-up on the led solder fixed it.

#122 11 years ago

I'll check it out. The behaviour has never been intermittent for me.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I'll check it out. The behaviour has never been intermittent for me.

Pretty easy procedure. Remove all balls from the trough. Set test mode to switch edges. Drop balls in drain one at a time and watch the map. You'll be able to see a pattern.The upper one won't change because that is when a ball is stacked at the shooter entrance. There should be six in a row!

#124 11 years ago

Judge dredd and jolly park has the best music in pinball from the 90s

#125 11 years ago

1st photo: the blown chip on my JD dmd board
2nd photo: the colorDMD in my JD

1DMDchipBLEW.JPG1DMDchipBLEW.JPG DDcolorDMD.jpgDDcolorDMD.jpg

#126 11 years ago

Pics of my Deadworld modd'd, LED'd Dredd (including color changers in the planet):

IMG_0563.jpgIMG_0563.jpg IMG_0569.jpgIMG_0569.jpg

#127 11 years ago

Deadworld ring looks very interesting in blue I must say.

#128 11 years ago

I like the blue. Did you get that from pinbits?

#129 11 years ago

I knew it would look cool! But you need to work on your supergame skills.

#130 11 years ago

I bought some target decals from planetary pinball. They look to be the same type that was posted earlier from treasure cove except they only cost $7.50

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPA-31-1793-J&Category_Code=GS-1322

#131 11 years ago

I love my Judge Dredd and am proud to be a member of this exclusive club.

#132 11 years ago

Those pics (which are huge, sorry 'bout that), were taken within an hour of completing a week-long marathon in June of staying up until 4-5 AM after getting home from work. I stripped down the playfield, cleaned every last item, replaced all broken bits, did up the Cointaker LED kit and some color-changers (from Pinball Life iirc?) and added the Deadworld mod mentioned above. JD was the first machine I ever shopped out, and it felt so good to troubleshoot and get rid of the remaining credit dots after it was all back together. With the exception of the upkicker breaking a few months ago (easy fix), it has run flawlessly ever since.

My scores are still pretty pathetic on it though (293M high score on regulation game shortly after I shopped it out, since I played it a lot in that following week...and I think that was with the buy-in) . Lately whenever I play it, I get owned by the outlanes, so I need to take the time to get a good feel for how to avoid them. Eventually I'll hit a JD-phase, and really figure it out, but for now, my HUO Spider-Man acquisition is going to dominate my attention once it arrives next week.

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Cheap basterds only sent me the one set- no wonder!

My bad- They sent the good ones this time! The old ones were the crappy short stickers.

#134 11 years ago

Dangit! My JD blew a fuse last night and has a short somewhere. Fun times! This will be my first short locate-and-repair. I kinda have no idea what I'm doing.

Now's a good time to do that full shop out I've been putting off

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

1st photo: the blown chip on my JD dmd board
2nd photo: the colorDMD in my JD

Holy crap where did you get a colorDMD for JD? I want one!

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

Holy crap where did you get a colorDMD for JD? I want one!

you can put color DMD in any WPC machine. It just displays in a single color of your choosing.

#137 11 years ago

Finally got my jd working after 3 months finally gonna tear playfield down and clean everything one simple question when I lock the 3 ball for multiball it diverts it into the deadworld and spins round with the ball on it and falls in the left ramp and onto the playfield is that what usually happens or do I have a early Rom ?????
Oh and I don't have to deadworld mod

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Finally got my jd working after 3 months finally gonna tear playfield down and clean everything one simple question when I lock the 3 ball for multiball it diverts it into the deadworld and spins round with the ball on it and falls in the left ramp and onto the playfield is that what usually happens or do I have a early Rom ?????

Falls into the left ramp? I believe without the deadworld mod, the ball lands in the deadworld then the crane picks it up right away, & should drop it at the far left (to the left of the left ramp). If your ball is falling onto the left ramp, that doesn't sound right. Is your crane ever getting used?

I highly suggest getting the deadworld mod, especially if you are about to tear everything down anyways, this would be the perfect time.

#139 11 years ago

I traded a Judge Dredd for a Data East Star Trek this weekend-
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beam-me-up-sparky

For on and off during the twenty hours those two machines sat next to each other in my garage, my buddy CM and myself had a marathon going back and forth between those machines. They really compliment each other.

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

This is what happens if the JD crane fails to grab the ball for whatever reason. Is your crane working at all? It's a finnicky toy and can be tricky to get working right.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

This is what happens if the JD crane fails to grab the ball for whatever reason. Is your crane working at all? It's a finnicky toy and can be tricky to get working right.

And also the reason they eliminated the Deadworld lock pre-production.

Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

you can put color DMD in any WPC machine. It just displays in a single color of your choosing.

You can save a few bucks by going this route if color is what you desire.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XP-DMD4096-B

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I bought some target decals from planetary pinball. They look to be the same type that was posted earlier from treasure cove except they only cost $7.50
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPA-31-1793-J&Category_Code=GS-1322

I can't speak for the Planetary Pinball ones, but the Treasure Cove JUDGE drop target stickers run nearly the full length of the drop targets. (ie. extend way under the playfield.)

2 weeks later
1 week later
#144 11 years ago

I will be part of the club on apr 13th. I am picking up my first pin , I am beyond excited!!!!

#145 11 years ago

Welcome Nick and congratulations on a soon to be member.

#146 11 years ago

Congrats! JD was my first too, and a great choice it was.

1 month later
#147 10 years ago

I'm in! Finally got my first pin and it's a nice Judge Dredd! Now to fix it up a bit and make it look pretty.

#148 10 years ago

Do I get two threads?

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from comat0se:

I'm in! Finally got my first pin and it's a nice Judge Dredd! Now to fix it up a bit and make it look pretty.

Congrats.

1 week later
#150 10 years ago

Joined the club last night - going to get it set up today. Can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.