IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 98.
#1201 8 years ago

Does any place sell replacement Deadworld globes/planets? I'd like to replace my glued together one with a shiny new one that screws together properly

#1203 8 years ago

Awesome, thanks! While shipping to the US is kinda high, their prices and the exchange rate make it worth it. I was able to order cheaper Creature from the Black Lagoon plastics from them even with shipping from Australia than I could get the plastics with shipping in the US a few months ago.

#1204 8 years ago

I try to make a list before ordering from them, but it always turns out to be a good deal even with shipping. Sometimes you need to contact them if the shipping quote seems too high and they may adjust it. They have a lot of stuff you can't get elsewhere. I bought one of those planets myself.

#1205 8 years ago

I have some slop in my deadworld planet ring I am trying to get rid of. The planet does not always seem to stop at the same exact orientation each time. It's close, but sometimes the crane can be behind or in front of the ball and it was centered previously. It seems there is some wiggle to the planet ring, I can move the three pronged metal piece that the planet sits on slightly clockwise or counter clockwise, and I feel like it needs to be tight to stop accurately.

Any idea on how to get this tighter?

Also, there are times where the crane gets it perfect and hits the ball right on the sweet spot, but the magnet just doesn't seem to do anything, ball doesn't stick. Do I need to replace the coil? Seems like it should grab it pretty easily if it hits in the right spot but it doesn't.

Thanks for any help!

#1206 8 years ago

Hi! or I can buy cabinet decals?
there to scan available?
Thanks

#1207 8 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I am having issues with the crane magnet and timing of when it would release the balls, sometimes it would dribble out and not cross the opto under the crane which causes the game to go wonky and lose track of the balls.

I had this issue with mine and could never work out how to fix it - it just resolved itself! Even messing with the crane height, the opto wheel... it's so fiddly to trouble shoot, even after tips from Pinside and Pinball Info. :/

#1208 8 years ago

Joined the club. Only issue im have is that my judge death and all other judge flashers not working any ideas?

20160206_191056_(resized).jpg20160206_191056_(resized).jpg

#1209 8 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Joined the club. Only issue im have is that my judge death and all other judge flashers not working any ideas?

20160206_191056_(resized).jpg

Does the flashers for the judges work on the back box at all? The judges on the playfield flash with the judges on the back box so this could narrow down some issues.

#1210 8 years ago

If you are in test mode the buttons inside the coin door must be pressed or they won't work. Judge Dredd came with a little yellow dohicky that will hold them down while you do tests.

#1211 8 years ago

Not judge letters the four judges in middle of playfield

#1212 8 years ago

Also not sure but when im in flasher test mode is it normal for crane to move a little?

#1213 8 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Not judge letters the four judges in middle of playfield

I didn't mean the letters. The 4 Judges names flash when you are trying to defeat them during multi ball. When their name flashes the corresponding judge on the back glass also flashes. So when you test say judge fear his name isn't flashing (for you cause you said it's broke) but is he flashing on the back glass?

#1214 8 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Also not sure but when im in flasher test mode is it normal for crane to move a little?

Usually the deadworld moves a little sometimes. I'm not sure about the crane.

#1215 8 years ago

No not flashing on back box for fear gos but its so faint

#1216 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I didn't mean the letters. The 4 Judges names flash when you are trying to defeat them during multi ball. When their name flashes the corresponding judge on the back glass also flashes. So when you test say judge fear his name isn't flashing (for you cause you said it's broke) but is he flashing on the back glass?

Sounds like either the bulbs may be burned out or a connector may be burnt in the back box or not making good contact

#1217 8 years ago

Thanks guys connecter was in wrong spot all working thanks

#1218 8 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Thanks guys connecter was in wrong spot all working thanks

Sheesh, who's the idiot you bought that off of?

#1219 8 years ago

Question: is $450.00 for a "New Original Stock" JD playfield a good deal?

#1220 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Question: is $450.00 for a "New Original Stock" JD playfield a good deal?

YES.

#1221 8 years ago

That's a good deal, there is one on Ebay for $100 more than that. Note, NOS doesn't mean perfect, the one on Ebay definitely has some scuffing and I've seen NOS ones with scratches from bad storage. I'd get good pics. Also, if you decide to pass on it, I'd love the seller's info. Mine has some wear on and around the Drain Shield insert that's really starting to annoy me.

#1222 8 years ago

The only caveat I would make on the NOS playfield for $450 price is that I've yet to see a playfield on a JD with any appreciable damage outside of maybe a small divot at the shooter lane. For some reason these games all have nice playfields. I bought a used, stripped playfield for $200 and, after polishing, I don't think you can distinguish it from NOS.

#1223 8 years ago

Mine definitely has wear, I bought it with some other pins via a shipping container from Italy, I knew about the wear going in, but the price was right. Those Europeans seem to operate their games with dirty playfields and rusty balls, I see wear spots on the re-imports I've never seen on games that have been operated in the US.

#1224 8 years ago

I need the topper bracket, anyone have ideas?

#1225 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What kind of topper do you have... hallow or filled.

#1226 8 years ago

I got the mustard Hollow one from pps

#1227 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I got the mustard Hollow one from pps

Just drill some holes and screw it down, or use velcro thats what I used..

#1228 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The only caveat I would make on the NOS playfield for $450 price is that I've yet to see a playfield on a JD with any appreciable damage outside of maybe a small divot at the shooter lane. For some reason these games all have nice playfields. I bought a used, stripped playfield for $200 and, after polishing, I don't think you can distinguish it from NOS.

It's because they had something called Diamond Coat, or somesuch, from the factory, which I think was a thin clear coat. One of the few games of that era to have preventative measures against wear and tear.

#1229 8 years ago

Mine is coming tomorow and I can't wait. Anyone have the side panel art or are the mirrors the way to go?

#1230 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have the same issue. Im going to get some of that metal strip material with holes pre punched. You can cut to length and bend it. I think it will work just fine...

#1231 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Mine is coming tomorow and I can't wait. Anyone have the side panel art or are the mirrors the way to go?

I have mirror blades on mine and they really do add a bit of extra light to a dark game.

#1232 8 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

I have mirror blades on mine and they really do add a bit of extra light to a dark game.

Good call

Quoted from wizard_mode:

I have the same issue. Im going to get some of that metal strip material with holes pre punched. You can cut to length and bend it. I think it will work just fine...

Good idea, I have some of that, I'll give it a whirl

#1233 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

This works good. Used that stuff on my cftbl and will on my jd

#1234 8 years ago

My JD has arrived in Calgary from Phoenix yesterday. Have not seen the game in person and have never played it before. I will give my first thoughts and review here once I get it. I hope it is a keeper! Can't wait to get my mystery pin...

#1235 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

My JD has arrived in Calgary from Phoenix yesterday. Have not seen the game in person and have never played it before. I will give my first thoughts and review here once I get it. I hope it is a keeper! Can't wait to get my mystery pin...

Given you're current lineup, I believe you will like it.

#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Marco has them, I just bought one a few weeks ago and installed my new topper from PPS.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11964

#1237 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

For some reason these games all have nice playfields.

The reason for that, I suspect, is that they saw minimal play out in the wild back in the day.

#1238 8 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

The reason for that, I suspect, is that they saw minimal play out in the wild back in the day.

Yep, rarely do you see one with a blown playfield. Mine looks brand new and so do the plastics.

#1239 8 years ago

Needs some spots at that slings, I added one by the small flipper. Great game, some lighting and cosmetic love she will be just fine, better second time around for sure. I'm in.

DSC02681_(resized).JPGDSC02681_(resized).JPG

DSC02684_(resized).JPGDSC02684_(resized).JPG

DSC02685_(resized).JPGDSC02685_(resized).JPG

DSC02682_(resized).JPGDSC02682_(resized).JPG

DSC02686_(resized).JPGDSC02686_(resized).JPG

#1240 8 years ago

Set my JD up today but only had time for a quick few games. First reaction is that it has a ton of unique and satisfying shots. However I had no idea what I was trying to do. Questions:

Is there a link to a rule sheet for the game? I'd love to know some strategy to figure out what is going on?

Is the deadworld mod supposed to lock all 3 balls in it? Mine seemed to only lock 1 which it then released but perhaps I have not entered the correct mode to lock 3 there.

I gotta get some spots for the middle of playfield but really looking forward to more games on it!

#1241 8 years ago

If you have deadworld mod yes all 3 are locked. If you dont first two virtual lock then last one is. If you have timing issues with mod boy are you in for some fun. Also leds really make it brite

20160207_161327_(resized).jpg20160207_161327_(resized).jpg

#1242 8 years ago

I think only one spot on the right sling is needed, with one by the small flipper as well. The strip under the apron really makes a difference on this pin.

DSC02687_(resized).JPGDSC02687_(resized).JPG

DSC02690_(resized).JPGDSC02690_(resized).JPG

DSC02689_(resized).JPGDSC02689_(resized).JPG

#1243 8 years ago

Hello there currently trying to get my DREDD up and running to a reasonable standard, I'm after a bit of advice if I may, does any one do JD insert decals? I have a playfield incoming that requires a bit of work as per the picture. I'm also struggling to find anyone that does reproduction plastics? i'm sorry if these are common questions but I cant seem to find anyone who does these. many thanks this is a great forum.

Tony

playfield_restore_(resized).JPGplayfield_restore_(resized).JPG

#1244 8 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

It seemed back then, I was the only one that played the one in our local arcade. For some, it may have been hard to figure out how to launch the ball. For others, having the ball loop around and not hitting it with the upper flipper upon launch and draining right away detered them from playing it again. I witnessed that a couple times.

#1245 8 years ago

New PingraffiX bladeskins!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-judge-dredd-bladeskins#op

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1246 8 years ago

How do those attach? Are they a sticker?

#1247 8 years ago

My missle launch doesn`t shoot the ball into the targets but right into the upper loop, how do you adjust that.

#1248 8 years ago

Guys I noticed that the coil to the side of the 5-bank drop target assembly with the white coil sleeve was not connected. Looking at it closer i can't see what it actually does. It is called the level coil sub-assembly marked #19 in the manual.
By the way is the red - white striped cable the right one to connect (see picture)?
Any help much appreciated.

20160217_210448_(resized).jpg20160217_210448_(resized).jpg

20160217_210459_(resized).jpg20160217_210459_(resized).jpg

20160217_210641_(resized).jpg20160217_210641_(resized).jpg

#1249 8 years ago

Dont have my machine here, but the manual says the cable should be brown/red. That solenoid is used to lower the middle drop target for multiball jackpot, traffic jam etc.. There is supposed to be a wire hook for that running the plunger to the target bank, cant see that on your photos.
Why the red ziptie? Iirc the pcb is slid on standoffs and the target bank and secured by small rubber rings and pins over there.

#1250 8 years ago

Vielen Dank Cynic,
It would be great if you could put up a picture on how the wire hook is connected. I can't see how it would only lower the middle drop target. . By the way that was a red/brown cable (I thought it was white/red).
I have not investigated the red zip tie yet. Not sure why someone put it there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 4,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.