IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 98.
#1151 8 years ago

Everyone should go to the Planetary Pinball forum and suggest it or chime in on this thread:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php?topic=265.0

Me and a couple others have suggested they do the plastics and ramps, but they need to hear more voices. The demand has to be out there and JD is become much more of a collectible pin these days.

#1152 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

My ramp is good too, I like you.

Thanks! and I just tracked down a topper, good looking dredd over here in Indiana!

#1153 8 years ago

My ramp is good, so I sold a NOS one last year. The guy complained about the price, but hey, they are unobtainable. My advice if you find one, but it. GLWTS

#1154 8 years ago

Just bought Judge Dredd on Friday. The housemates and I played it non-stop...48 hours later the flippers were almost black.

After a detailed cleaning, I noticed one of the ramps screws was not seated all the way. Yikes! Holy ball damage Batman! Fixed that and a couple of other minor things. Ramps are great and all four flippers are strong. Playfield is awesome, although, there is a minor ball-line groove on the left orbit.

The lower playfield is way too dark for where the machine lives (see picture). Maybe two spot lights is what it needs?

The 6-ball multiball is awesome, but this must wreck havoc on the balls. How often do your balls need replacing?

Is there supposed to be a black rubber bumper on the left post (see other picture, lower middle, naked post)?

This is my third machine, but first keeper.

Thank you,
Volgon

"They call him Judge, his last name is Dredd
So break the law, and you wind up dead
Truth and justice are what he's fightin' for
Judge Dredd the man, he is the law"
-Anthrax, I Am The Law, 1987

Dredd_004_(resized).JPGDredd_004_(resized).JPG

Dredd_024_(resized).JPGDredd_024_(resized).JPG

Dredd_011_(resized).JPGDredd_011_(resized).JPG

#1155 8 years ago

Some warm white leds and a couple spots brightens it up plenty. Also went with a led strip by the sniper tower and one in the back

20160115_161240_(resized).jpg20160115_161240_(resized).jpg

#1156 8 years ago
Quoted from Volgon:

Just bought Judge Dredd on Friday. The housemates and I played it non-stop...48 hours later the flippers were almost black.
After a detailed cleaning, I noticed one of the ramps screws was not seated all the way. Yikes! Holy ball damage Batman! Fixed that and a couple of other minor things. Ramps are great and all four flippers are strong. Playfield is awesome, although, there is a minor ball-line groove on the left orbit.
The lower playfield is way too dark for where the machine lives (see picture). Maybe two spot lights is what it needs?
The 6-ball multiball is awesome, but this must wreck havoc on the balls. How often do your balls need replacing?
Is there supposed to be a black rubber bumper on the left post (see other picture, lower middle, naked post)?
This is my third machine, but first keeper.
Thank you,
Volgon
"They call him Judge, his last name is Dredd
So break the law, and you wind up dead
Truth and justice are what he's fightin' for
Judge Dredd the man, he is the law"
-Anthrax, I Am The Law, 1987

Dredd_004_(resized).JPGDredd_024_(resized).JPGDredd_011_(resized).JPG

Yes there's supposed to be rubber there

#1157 8 years ago

I am considering getting a JD soon. Wondering if anyone here has had luck with diagnosing and fixing the (what seems to be fairly common) issue with entering high scores?
Thanks in advance...

#1158 8 years ago

There is an issue with entering high scores? That's news to me.

#1159 8 years ago

I had a JD that had an issue with entering high scores. The issue was, as I remember it, when the enter initials screen came up, it would auto-enter AAA as the initial, in a rapid fire way, with no interaction from the player.

I never assumed it was a wide-spread issue - just something wrong with the switch matrix on my machine. It got sold to a guy in Cleveland, who later sold it to.. I'm not sure. Maybe this one machine has passed to several hands?

#1160 8 years ago

I have no problem entering initials on my JD, is it perhaps a software issue if you are running a version that has the issue.

#1161 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have no problem entering initials on my JD, is it perhaps a software issue if you are running a version that has the issue.

I have an issue with the high score initial screen, the previous owner set the scores so high I cannot access the initial screen, lol

#1162 8 years ago

Well anyways I'm a member now. Got my JD. I will try to keep you all posted on my progress! Gonna fix this issue darnit!

FB_IMG_1453351200371_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1453351200371_(resized).jpg

#1163 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have an issue with the high score initial screen, the previous owner set the scores so high I cannot access the initial screen, lol

I thought I sent you the Tron?

#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Finally did it... Still need a new plastic, but this will suffice for now

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

This looks awesome. Is this a mod kit that can be purchased?

#1165 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Everyone should go to the Planetary Pinball forum and suggest it or chime in on this thread:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php?topic=265.0
Me and a couple others have suggested they do the plastics and ramps, but they need to hear more voices. The demand has to be out there and JD is become much more of a collectible pin these days.

Good work folks, a couple of us made comments and Rick has responded on the PPS forum that he will look around and see what artwork they have for Judge Dredd for possible reproduction work! I think we should keep buggin' him

#1166 8 years ago

Then next comes the remake... watch the value of our precious machines plummet...

#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Have to make it yourself. I think the towers are from the Simpsons machine

#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then next comes the remake... watch the value of our precious machines plummet...

Surely you jest. It would cost 4-6K to manufacture a JD these days.

#1169 8 years ago

I've added 3 spotlight lamps in mine to brighten the playfield. Am I weird?

#1170 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nope, I think I have five and it looks great

#1171 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ha ha ha, no. We are just talking about hoping to get the ramps and plastics reproduced. JD is no Midevil Madness, it's not popular enough to get remade.

#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

JD is no Midevil Madness, it's not popular enough to get remade.

Funny you should say that. Back in the day they sat next to each other in the arcade. Guess which one I played the most..

#1173 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought I sent you the Tron?

That's definitely true... I finally crushed it during lunch the other day (tron)

Quoted from wizard_mode:

Go back several pages in this thread, a fellow posted a how to

#1174 8 years ago

Heres my newly aquired shopped JD

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1175 8 years ago

Damn, that's some sick lighting. Maybe I should go the LED route.

#1176 8 years ago

I would appreciate this group's advice on this topic I just posted in the tech forum. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-stuff-going-on-with-my-judge-dredd#post-2926047

#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I hat 7 in mine when I had it

#1178 8 years ago

I am finally in, can't wait to get it.

#1179 8 years ago

Queston: How is the Deadworld planet normally held together? Does it click together? The one I picked up a few months ago had a big glob of glue gun glue on it, and when I picked it off to open it, I saw no real way for the pieces to stay together without re-gluing them. I figure something is broken on mine.

#1180 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Queston: How is the Deadworld planet normally held together? Does it click together? The one I picked up a few months ago had a big glob of glue gun glue on it, and when I picked it off to open it, I saw no real way for the pieces to stay together without re-gluing them. I figure something is broken on mine.

The bottom half has a lip running around it and the top just "snaps" into place.

#1181 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Believe it or not it is actually threaded. The two halves screw together. It is very delicate however and can get screwed up very easily. At least that's they way the two Deadworlds I have work.

#1182 8 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Believe it or not it is actually threaded. The two halves screw together. It is very delicate however and can get screwed up very easily. At least that's they way the two Deadworlds I have work.

There you go, I've probably screwed mine up!

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

I used a spare flipper button part/thingy I had to make them feel the same.. I know it's kinda dogsh!t, but it took me about half a brew to get dialed in..

JDf.JPG

Thank you for posting this picture! I used it to diagnose my fire button wiring which ended up being the source of my funny electrical problems! Thank you so much!!!!

#1184 8 years ago

I should have mine next week. Any tips on a shopping one of these out? Looks pretty busy.

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I should have mine next week. Any tips on a shopping one of these out? Looks pretty busy.

Take LOTS of PHOTOS. I did mine awhile back and it is due another soon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-shop-job

#1186 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It's a bear to shop out. I honestly believe it's so much work that back in the day operators would "part them out" instead of "shopping them out". LOL.

Also, EXPECT to find a ton of broken stuff with JD if it hasn't been shopped recently. Mine was a reimport but it was so many years ago that it wasn't too bad... Only had about 30 or 40 wires soldered directly to the boards in the head!

#1187 8 years ago

I'm about to pick up a JD and pretty damn excited!

Aside from the dead world motor are there any other problem spots to look out for when buying one?

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from ArseFez:

I'm about to pick up a JD and pretty damn excited!
Aside from the dead world motor are there any other problem spots to look out for when buying one?

you might want to clear your schedule, you're going to develop a problem of trying to stop playing, screw pop bumpers... who needs them!

#1189 8 years ago

I might need this as a tattoo.

#1190 8 years ago

I love Walter "I'M WALTER, TRY ME!"

#1191 8 years ago

Just joined the club. Picked up this JD and it will be delivered from USA to Canada in just over a week. I have never played the game before as there just aren't any in the wild here. What do I have to look forward to? What do u love MOSTabiut your DREDD?

#1192 8 years ago

It's definitely not like any thing else, constant attempts at flow, no popbumpers to randomize the ball

Sometimes I challenge myself to just keep the ball on the upper half of the playfield doing loops with the upper left flipper and the upper right flipper

Defeating the tank... Best dots ever

#1193 8 years ago

He is the law!

#1194 8 years ago

I like the feel of hitting the sniper tower the best, especially the two shots on the sniper mode. It's such a long shot, and the ball just hits it so solidly, then the way the vuk pops it up into the wireframe, such a rewarding feel to the shot. I enjoy a lot of the modes, they each have their own feel with unique graphics, music, and gameplay ideas, and there are so many of them. The main focus is to keep hitting the lit crime scenes to collect extra balls, so I like how it constantly dictates which shots you need to hit to keep that going. Once you really get good at it you can have really long games where it feels like you can hit every shot, and the shots all link together really nicely. It's awesome, you'll love it!

#1195 8 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I like the feel of hitting the sniper tower the best, especially the two shots on the sniper mode. It's such a long shot, and the ball just hits it so solidly, then the way the vuk pops it up into the wireframe, such a rewarding feel to the shot. I enjoy a lot of the modes, they each have their own feel with unique graphics, music, and gameplay ideas, and there are so many of them. The main focus is to keep hitting the lit crime scenes to collect extra balls, so I like how it constantly dictates which shots you need to hit to keep that going. Once you really get good at it you can have really long games where it feels like you can hit every shot, and the shots all link together really nicely. It's awesome, you'll love it!

definitelty

#1196 8 years ago

For a $1400 game it still remains the best bang for buck pin even today.

All jokes aside, I love JD and so glad I brought another one back after I regret selling my first one years ago. I can't wait to install my Deadworld mod from pinbits as it is so cool to see your locked balls rotating around on the disc. I am having issues with the crane magnet and timing of when it would release the balls, sometimes it would dribble out and not cross the opto under the crane which causes the game to go wonky and lose track of the balls.

#1197 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Just joined the club. Picked up this JD and it will be delivered from USA to Canada in just over a week. I have never played the game before as there just aren't any in the wild here. What do I have to look forward to? What do u love MOST about your DREDD?

Where did you get your instruction cards from? I'm looking for new ones for mine.

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Where did you get your instruction cards from? I'm looking for new ones for mine.

Pinballboy.com made some nice ones here that match up with the playfield's artwork

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom/page/4#post-2917878

#1199 8 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I like hitting the Michael Jackson / Elvis freakshow. "Uh huh, uh huh, yay yeah. Ah one, two, three".

#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I like hitting the Michael Jackson / Elvis freakshow. "Uh huh, uh huh, yay yeah. Ah one, two, three".

You're right. Dread is similar to IJ in a lot of good ways. Locks, lots of modes, wizard mode is similar, great sound package. Best part is that Dredd is 4K cheaper! I have played Dredd and IJ over 2500 times and unloaded the IJ 4 years ago. No regrets keeping JD. Best John Trudeau game IMHO. Very little flow in IJ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.