Topic Stats

• 3,368 posts
  • 390 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 898 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6A0D62C1-01F9-43B9-A3BD-E99F960858EF (resized).jpeg
download (2) (resized).jpg
3gzjeu (resized).jpg
JD_backbox3 (resized).jpg
20191114_224120 (resized).jpg
20191018_160258 (resized).jpg
JD-Pursuit (resized).jpg
JD-LampPCB (resized).jpg
JD Pic2 (resized).jpg
JD Pic1 (resized).jpg
20191105_200312 (resized).jpg
20191106_074206 (resized).jpg
20191106_074232 (resized).jpg
20191106_074215 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191106-085023 (resized).png

There are 3368 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 68.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Now when is the Deadworld mod patch coming out?

Dude no kidding

#1102 3 years ago

Digital Tables??? OHHH BLLLAAAHHHH

#1103 3 years ago

Plays like crap. Keep up the great work, TPA!

#1104 3 years ago

Hey Everyone, I'm looking at adding LED's to my Dredd. I know it was probably already discussed long ago on here, but I'm not about to search thru 23 pages!! Anyway, I'm not looking at getting a LED kit, but I really like the look of the pinbulbs kit (kinda has a purple glow). I'm not planning to be LED the backbox and will most likely limit the GI's as well, but all inserts will be LED. I would appreciate any suggestions or good ideas and also what bulbs you recommend?? I also really like the look of the LED strips along the back and near the flippers. Thanks!

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

2 warm white LED strips add a lot of light to the back of the game

image.jpg

Really would like to brighten up the back of the game like this. If you buy the LED strip, what do you plug into? I think a spot by each flipper that another person did would also help brighten things up. How do you mount the spots and can J just tie into an existing GI lamp class to each flipper? Thanks.

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

If you buy the LED strip, what do you plug into? I think a spot by each flipper that another person did would also help brighten things up. How do you mount the spots and can J just tie into an existing GI lamp class to each flipper? Thanks.

I just finished LEDing my Dredd I'm just waiting on one more piece to share pics of it.

I also did the spot lights at the slings. You mount them to the nuts at the top of the sling plastics and run the wires down through where the sling arms are. Then you either solder or alligator clip them to the GI bulbs that are under the sling plastics.

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I just finished LEDing my Dredd I'm just waiting on one more piece to share pics of it.
I also did the spot lights at the slings. You mount them to the nuts at the top of the sling plastics and run the wires down through where the sling arms are. Then you either solder or alligator clip them to the GI bulbs that are under the sling plastics.

Did you use a kit or did you select the LED's yourself?

#1108 3 years ago

Kits aren't for me. I selected my own LEDs from cometpinball.com. They sell 3 and 7 led stripes too that I put in back of the playfield. Pinball life has the spotlight fixtures but comet has the nice bulbs for them.

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Judge Dredd is now on TPA! I think it plays pretty good, but way too easy compared to the real pin. I reached the Ultimate Challenge the first time I played it. Great job Farsight!

well, didnt know this pin, was than happy to discover it, and quite same as you, wizard mode at my 2nd game... (998M scored)

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Really would like to brighten up the back of the game like this. If you buy the LED strip, what do you plug into? I think a spot by each flipper that another person did would also help brighten things up. How do you mount the spots and can J just tie into an existing GI lamp class to each flipper? Thanks.

You could also try the new "Matrix" products from Comet Pinball. Haven't used them yet myself but they'll let you daisy-chain off of an existing socket w/o the need to solder.

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

#1111 3 years ago

I did this too, it makes a vast improvement to the dingy bottom of the playfield.

#1112 3 years ago

2015-11-28_16.51.31_(resized).jpg

#1113 3 years ago

Wahoo, nice one, Teo!!
Suppose this is a one-time-only custom job?

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

2015-11-28_16.51.31_(resized).jpg

Now that's pretty sweet.

#1115 3 years ago

Bad ass! Want!

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Now that's pretty sweet.

Ditto... Is there a comic book picture for reference?

#1117 3 years ago

That picture is actually the same as the bottom of the playfield minus the 4 crime scene windows. Pretty cool.

#1118 3 years ago

That picture is actually the same as the bottom of the playfield minus the 4 crime scene windows. Pretty cool.

What it's not? Why the down rate lol?

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

Hey Everyone, I'm looking at adding LED's to my Dredd. I know it was probably already discussed long ago on here, but I'm not about to search thru 23 pages!! Anyway, I'm not looking at getting a LED kit, but I really like the look of the pinbulbs kit (kinda has a purple glow). I'm not planning to be LED the backbox and will most likely limit the GI's as well, but all inserts will be LED. I would appreciate any suggestions or good ideas and also what bulbs you recommend?? I also really like the look of the LED strips along the back and near the flippers. Thanks!

I used Pinballbulbs kit and I thought it turned out great. Mine didn't look as purplish as the pictures showed. I was very pleased.

#1120 3 years ago

I just ordered the color dmd but on their website it says I need L7. I have L6. Is this a problem? Is it something I can flash myself or do I need to buy a new ROM?

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I just ordered the color dmd but on their website it says I need L7. I have L6. Is this a problem? Is it something I can flash myself or do I need to buy a new ROM?

I'd say hook it up first and see how it is. I'm running L1AT with the deadworld mod on mine without a problem.

#1122 3 years ago

Never too late to join the club, eh?

Just put in LEDs in my JD, reviving it from the dead and forgotten pins in my small collection.

I've always had an issue with it though, the ball keeps getting stuck on top of the Sewer, trapped between the Sewer plastic and the locking ring. So I'm wondering how you guys keep the ball from getting stuck there. I know there are at least two things keeping this from happening:

1. The Black Out-ramp ball deflector
2. The wire on top of the Sewer plastics.

My game is missing the wire, and the deflector blocks the view of the Black Out jackpot light pretty badly when mounted upwards, which I understand is the correct way to mount it? And the ball gets stuck on top of the Sewer from time to time even with the deflector in place.

So I reckon the wire is the only way to go.

I see pictures of the game with only the wire, only the deflector and sometimes both. Does anyone know what's the "correct" setup here?

And does anyone have the measurements for this wire form on top of the Sewer? It wouldn't be a huge job for me to make a replacement, if I knew the dimensions for it.

Cheers.

#1123 3 years ago

I've watched some videos of JD and noticed some differences between what's going on for sound effects and DMD action:
*There are no gun shot sound effects counting out which ball you're about to start
*after you shot down the sniper and he falls, there's no dog coming over to piss on him

Am I operating on and old ROM or something?
Is my machine set on a family friendly setting?

#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

*after you shot down the sniper and he falls, there's no dog coming over to piss on him

That's an easter egg in the game. You have to hit both of the big red action buttons after taking out the sniper to get the dog to come out.

#1125 3 years ago

The square cabinet buttons?

#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

The square cabinet buttons?

Correct, there are other "Easter eggs" in the game as well.

#1127 3 years ago

Just did it. Awsome!!!
Thanks

#1128 3 years ago

Looked up the other Easter eggs on ipdb. Said something about 2 more in safecracker mode and pursuit mode?
Could you please elaborate.

#1129 3 years ago

does anyone have an extra, nice plastic that the Nuke towers rivet to? Mine is broken in several places

#1130 3 years ago

Might as well post this here! I created a new soundtrack for JD using the PinSound board, you can check it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/13#post-2885057

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Might as well post this here! I created a new soundtrack for JD using the PinSound board, you can check it out here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/13#post-2885057

That's so awesome , I'll put it in mine as soon as you perfect it, I don't have a pin sound board, but I'll get one when its time

#1132 3 years ago

Finally did it... Still need a new plastic, but this will suffice for now

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#1133 3 years ago

Someone posted a while back about wanting a shiny topper. I have a spare mint one. Located in Florida.
Let me know if you're still looking.

#1134 3 years ago

I did a minor restoration and some new decals and now I got this bracket and for the life of me I do not know where it goes in the cabinet or maybe back box. It is not part of the playfield I am pretty sure. Does anybody know? Please have a look in your machine and see if you find it.

20160109_010421_(resized).jpg

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I did a minor restoration and some new decals and now I got this bracket and for the life of me I do not know where it goes in the cabinet or maybe back box. It is not part of the playfield I am pretty sure. Does anybody know? Please have a look in your machine and see if you find it.

20160109_010421_(resized).jpg

That mounts under the coin door on the inside of the cabinet. It helps hold the coin box in place.

#1136 3 years ago

Thanks so much! I was going crazy.
Picture enclosed new decals and powder coated legs.

20160109_091957_(resized).jpg

#1137 3 years ago

Where did you get the decals? I was looking for some awhile back..

#1138 3 years ago

I will have look where I had found mine. Will pm you.

#1139 3 years ago

Found it. Was a year ago. PM send.

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Found it. Was a year ago. PM send.

Thanks!

#1141 3 years ago

Looking for Judge Dredd right plastic ramp A-1723. It seems impossible to get this ramp.

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Looking for Judge Dredd right plastic ramp A-1723. It seems impossible to get this ramp.

Yeah, I could really use one too. I can't believe the ramps and plastics have never been reproduced for Judge Dredd, there is definitely a market for them.

#1143 3 years ago

Yep I could use one of those too.

#1144 3 years ago

The number of JD's out there that do not need that ramp can probably be counted on your fingers. Amazing it hasn't been reproduced.

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The number of JD's out there that do not need that ramp can probably be counted on your fingers. Amazing it hasn't been reproduced.

Agreed and i think the plastic set is LONG overdue as well.

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

My ramp is good

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My ramp is good

No one likes you

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

No one likes you

It's true.

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

No one likes you

Also just got another 2 hour delay haha what a nice week!

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My ramp is good

My ramp is good too, I like you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
There are 3368 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside