IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 98.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Towers are the ones from DE Simpsons.....

I thought so. but I have only ever seen grey ones.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I thought so. but I have only ever seen grey ones.

DE Simpsons.. Not the Stern one...

#53 11 years ago

Thanks. Correct on the towers. Decals made at work, thanks to fellow pinsider. Working on bracket so it will use the holes from the other towers. Lighting still in production. Will make a post on whole project.

#54 11 years ago

Judge drop target stickers are a good cheap mod. Mine are from Treasure Cove.

Adding the radioactive black pearl captive balls is on my wish list.

Wanted to add new gold colored legs to mine. My wife asked, "Who notices the legs?"
With JD finally getting the love that it deserves maybe it is time to go with the leg update.
Mine has newer chrome legs which may be good enough...

With all the interest that JD is getting these days maybe the next Color DMD will be for JD?

Wonder how many decent JD machines are still around? Probably less than you think.

#55 11 years ago

The towers when done will look pretty cool, really inersted to see what you can come up with .

#56 11 years ago

I just want to say - JD is an awsome game! When I go to my collection - I usually wander over to her from instict, rub her, and most times turn her on.

The music/guitar licks sounds like something Steve Vai would have done in the 90's - anybody know where the music is from?

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Judge drop target stickers are a good cheap mod.

These stickers caused my drop targets to get hung up on the plastic guide plate below after a few months, so I removed them.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The music/guitar licks sounds like something Steve Vai would have done in the 90's - anybody know where the music is from?

Yeah the soundtrack rocks, especially during multiball when you are trying to contain the dark judges, and supergame!

#59 11 years ago

One of my favourite attentions to detail is that many sound effects are created using an electric guitar. For example a shot to an unlit Sniper Tower is a nice palm-muted crunch sound effect. And if you tilt out you hear a long dirty pick slide!

#60 11 years ago

Mine is on location @ Happy Viking Games in Jacksonville FL.
I'll be posting photos soon of it.
Huge mod being added soon.

#61 11 years ago

Indeed it's a great game. Software isn't completely finished I think (I think there's a few things that were in the making, i.e. with the Crime Scenes), but far enough to make it fun. Very nice quotes and DMD and enough to do! Not unimportant I think: it's rewarding (and fun) to play the modes instead of just starting them and going for the endgame (which I mostly don't reach anyway, set on 3 balls, ramps can be well shot with a clean shot, but flippers are not strong enough that a weaker shot makes it.... I'm still thinking whether I should do a rebuild or whether I like the challenge the way it is).

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These stickers caused my drop targets to get hung up on the plastic guide plate below after a few months, so I removed them.

Mine are doing this too. I think they'll come off soon as well.

#63 11 years ago

The Mylar decal set for "ALL" the targets that I bought had 2 sets of judge decals. And in the directions it says to put the second set under the first so that the targets don't get hung up. Of course this is a little harder to do but done right should eliminate any problems.

#64 11 years ago

They shipped two sets of decals and I wasn't sure why they would do that.

Found out later, after MY drop targets were sticking and I wrote the manufacturer, that you have to install the second set below the first set.

This solved the problem and now, not only does the PF look more colorful, but it's also actually functional now

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

The Mylar decal set for "ALL" the targets that I bought had 2 sets of judge decals.

Quoted from dfsays:

They shipped two sets of decals and I wasn't sure why they would do that.

Found out later, after MY drop targets were sticking and I wrote the manufacturer, that you have to install the second set below the first set.

Cheap basterds only sent me the one set- no wonder!

#66 11 years ago

Don't know where others get the target decals but the complete set I got from here included double sets of JUDGE decals - bit pricey but only place I found that had all the target decals.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/JDTargetDecalsPage.html

#67 11 years ago

Same place I got'em. Good guy and the quality of the decals is solid. I love the extra color on the PF.

This guy sells the JUDGE decals that are the right length to avoid the sticking issue.
http://www.treasure-cove.net/Judge_Dredd.htm

However, you don't get the other cool decals.

These ones are cool too, but I don't think they go with the rest of the art/theme.
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/judge-dredd-target-decals-p-2697.html?language=en

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

no, it actually has the capability to make it work worse. The ball lock becomes extremely sensitive to having all the switches work properly. In it's factory configuration, the crane can be broken and the game will work. not the case with the deadworld mod. What it does, though, is returns the game to its originally designed configuration. The balls orbit around the planet rather than being virtual locks with only the third working on the planet ring. It's pretty cool but I have never played a working one. Thats why I am inclined to leave mine for now. It is only 60 bucks though so I plan to order it soon to give it a try.

Why? If the crane breaks are you not going to fix it? Get your game 100% and you will have zero issues. You are missing maybe the best ball lock ever...just behind The Shadow IMO. Order it! I've never had an issue with mine.

#69 11 years ago

How often do you guys get air balls in JD?

Seems like about 50% of the time I hit the JUDGE targets I get an airball. And about 30% of those land on the Air Raid habitrail.

My suspicion is that air balls happen here because the drop targets drop slower than the speed of the ball. The ball rolls up over the top edge of a falling target and the rubbers behind the targets deflect this upward motion leading to an air ball.

I haven't thoroughly cleaned my JUDGE target assembly so perhaps this would alleviate the issue because they'd fall faster.

I have cleaned the assembly enough to have it operating normally as when I got it several targets were so gunked up that they weren't fully dropping. But I haven't fully disassembled it to clean it. I have an all new set of targets so I'll clean it all when I put those in.

I'll be curious to see if I get fewer air balls after I've cleaned and replaced those targets. Or perhaps it has to do with having good strong springs to pull them down. I don't have replacement springs.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

How often do you guys get air balls in JD?

Pretty much zero airballs for me.

#72 11 years ago

My balls end up on that ramp a fair number of times from hitting the drop targets.

#73 11 years ago

my balls rest right on the lockdown bar.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

my balls rest right on the lockdown bar.

Is this how you become 'one with the machine'?

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why? If the crane breaks are you not going to fix it? Get your game 100% and you will have zero issues. You are missing maybe the best ball lock ever...just behind The Shadow IMO. Order it! I've never had an issue with mine.

just saying. some folks have issues with it. Not me, because I address errors immediately, but some folks don't. So there you go.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Is this how you become 'one with the machine'?

no, to do that, i would need an adults only section of the forum.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ahhh! I've never played a Dredd! Anybody in Jersey have one so I can play?

I got one you can play - in south jersey

#78 11 years ago

Hmm... I get air too occassionally and the ball even gets caught in the playfield sometimes. I wonder if it IS from the slower moving drop targets, caused by the aftermarket JUDGE decals. HMM...

#79 11 years ago

I get air occasionally, a few times it jumped up in the wire ramps and came a rolling down.

#80 11 years ago

Speaking of drop targets I think I have an issue with mine, well the J U D G E inserts under them. Are the letter inserts supposed to light up when the target drops? Sometimes the lights flash or they don't match the targets that are up/down. Hmm..

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If the crane breaks are you not going to fix it?

Quoted from accidental:

I haven't thoroughly cleaned my JUDGE target assembly so perhaps this would alleviate the issue because they'd fall faster.

Preventative maintenance- Last night between Jack and Cokes, I disassembled, cleaned, lubed, and reassembled the planet, the crane, and the drop targets asemblys. Now I have confidence that none of these parts will fail while in my possession, and should give years of trouble free operation.

#82 11 years ago

I just bought this game, excited to get it here and give it a whirl. I only played a handful f times on a badly routed and un-maintained machine. Excited to play on a good machine!

WELCOME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#83 11 years ago

Here is a funny Dredd story regarding having stuck balls....

When I first got my machine, It played great for about six games, and then, crazy shit started happening....

Multi-balls would last for ever, and it would plunge two balls onto the playfield at once. I wracked my brain trying to figure out what was wrong.

I cleaned all the opto sensors, I ran all the switch tests, I couldn't figure it out.

Then I took the balls out to raise the playfield.... 1,2,3,4,5,6........SEVEN!

At some point after I received the game, I had knocked a stuck ball loose, and the game didn't like having too many in the trough, for sure....

Fast forward a few more weeks, I start having issues again. First thing I check is the ball trough.. again... SEVEN balls in it! There were damn pinballs stuck all over this thing!

It's been OK for a while now... But, I won't be surprised if the thing spawns another ball at some point. It's like my own personal ball bearing factory....

#84 11 years ago

There's a JD on sale through Pinball Classifieds now...
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/index.html

$1500, seems like a steal. I may go get it for a back up lol.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

$1500, seems like a steal. I may go get it for a back up lol.

Judge Dredd is a $1500 game, folks.

#86 11 years ago

I had to leave the club guys

The guy I bought my Dredd from offered me $500 more than I paid to buy it back from me, so I had to do it. I REALLY didn't want to. Dredd is an awesome game. FYI - I paid $2200 for mine and he paid $2700 to buy it back from me. I had a serious debate with myself before I decided to let it go. So Dredd is a $2700 now I guess LOL! I hope to pick up another one sooner or later. Maybe one not so nice and keep it in the $1500-$1800 range.

#87 11 years ago

wow. Why did he change his mind and need the game back so fast?

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

wow. Why did he change his mind and need the game back so fast?

I'm not really sure. He had an amazing collection. I think he was pretty attached to this one. He called me 2 days after I bought it from him and wanted to buy it back. He called multiple times afterwards and kept asking to buy it back. He offered up some $$$ but it really wasn't about the money at all. I finally caved and let him have it. He was a super good guy and even brought over a DMD glare guard for me when he came to pick up Dredd.

#89 11 years ago

The missions on JD are great. Each one is like a little game within the game and they all require a special set of shots to complete.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

The missions on JD are great. Each one is like a little game within the game and they all require a special set of shots to complete.

What do you think is the hardest one?

For me, it's either Safecracker or Battle Tank. I've completed battle tank a grand total of ONCE!

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

What do you think is the hardest one?

For me, it's either Safecracker or Battle Tank. I've completed battle tank a grand total of ONCE!

I concur with Battle Tank...that left orbit is really tough to hit on my machine. Safecracker is one of the easiest ones in my opinion. I can just keep hitting the hole over and over from the left flipper. Blackout is a really tough one I think.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I concur with Battle Tank...that left orbit is really tough to hit on my machine. Safecracker is one of the easiest ones in my opinion. I can just keep hitting the hole over and over from the left flipper. Blackout is a really tough one I think.

Blackout is tough. I've hit the ramp a few times, but almost never from the upper flipper. Normally, it's just a perfect shot from the left lower flipper that barely sneaks in..

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Blackout is tough. I've hit the ramp a few times, but almost never from the upper flipper. Normally, it's just a perfect shot from the left lower flipper that barely sneaks in..

But isn't that oh so satisfying when that happens? I mean, if you look at it seems there is almost no way that could happen but it is just possible to squeeze that shot it.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But isn't that oh so satisfying when that happens? I mean, if you look at it seems there is almost no way that could happen but it is just possible to squeeze that shot it.

I think I actually yell out loud whenever it happens.

#95 11 years ago

i have the hardest time with manhunt. I can never hit that left ramp when i really need to. Smae for stakeout. Strangely, battle tank is one i can finish almost every time.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I tend to shoot it easier from the right flipper.
Most satisfying shot to the upper mini-ramp (blackout ramp) is during Battle Tank, hitting it via the standups (from the left flipper): that's a hard shot, but satisfying if you have both in one shot.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

i have the hardest time with manhunt. I can never hit that left ramp when i really need to. Smae for stakeout. Strangely, battle tank is one i can finish almost every time.

How long is the timer set on your battle tank? I just find there is too much to hit that quickly. (20 seconds, I think?)

The left ramp is harder to hit consistently than the right, for sure.

#98 11 years ago

Safecracker is one of my favorite modes, mostly because I adore the animation that plays each time you hit the subway hole. The criminal starts trying to crack the safe with a simple gun, but by the fourth shot, he's got this huge laser that blows up the planet the safe is on, assuming that the safe just can't be cracked lol. Just ridiculous.

I like Meltdown too because you have two options to win the mode. Either hit the captive balls once or twice OR you can nail the "?" target on the right. I usually end up aiming for the "?", but love when I can get the captives.

What's your favorite Judge Dredd sentence. Mine's "Life for Cannibalism".

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I had to leave the club guys

The guy I bought my Dredd from offered me $500 more than I paid to buy it back from me, so I had to do it. I REALLY didn't want to. Dredd is an awesome game. FYI - I paid $2200 for mine and he paid $2700 to buy it back from me. I had a serious debate with myself before I decided to let it go. So Dredd is a $2700 now I guess LOL! I hope to pick up another one sooner or later. Maybe one not so nice and keep it in the $1500-$1800 range.

Now you can get a stock one and pimp it out however you like. One thing I've noticed- no matter how beat the cabinet, the playfields are usually pretty nice!

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

What's your favorite Judge Dredd sentence. Mine's "Life for Cannibalism".

"Aaaaaahhhh, it's a long way down...hey, I can see my house from here!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.