IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 98.
#851 8 years ago

Juh juh juh juh, ju juh ju juh ju juh. BRepp bewwwwww, bananewwwwww

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I choose the red because the numbers on my decal are cut out so you would see the red behind when lite. I like the glow of the red my self. Hope the pdf works for everyone.

I can't get the PDF to open or download.

Will have a go on the wife's PC later.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

I can't get the PDF to open or download.

Will have a go on the wife's PC later.

For me it opened into a black screen with some text on it, the words "The image" was underlined, if you click on this it should come up as a pdf file page which you can download ( i did have to click 3 times though, the first 2 failed to load properly) I'm using a PC.

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I checked with my art guy and he is in a good mood today so he has giving me the file to give to you all..
NUKE TOWERS (1).pdf

The File is damaged per adobe acrobat

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

For me it opened into a black screen with some text on it, the words "The image" was underlined, if you click on this it should come up as a pdf file page which you can download ( i did have to click 3 times though, the first 2 failed to load properly) I'm using a PC.

On Mac with Chrome it cuts to a page that says 'Loading' and it never does. After downloading the PDF it makes a file that is 0k in size.

Hopefully the wife's PC tonight will make it all work properly.

#856 8 years ago

If you can not get the pdf to load, just pm me your email. I will send when I can.

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

On Mac with Chrome it cuts to a page that says 'Loading' and it never does. After downloading the PDF it makes a file that is 0k in size.

Hopefully the wife's PC tonight will make it all work properly.

I'm using Windows with Firefox, i've printed the pdf file out on paper to have a look, printed at "Actual size" they are correct (i did have to choose the option that will print what's shown on screen, so did 1 tower per page)

#858 8 years ago

I've finally nailed the crane height and horizontal alignment (only took roughly 50 tries), and I've confirmed the magnet still works via a solenoid test, but when I play an actual game the crane just swings back and forth perpetually and never grabs a ball off deadworld. Can anyone be so kind as to suggest what I need to look at to fix this? My Deadworld is unmodded.

#859 8 years ago

Here's mine
Did a complete restore a few months ago.
Wireforms polished, playfield stripped down and buffed out, etc
image.jpgimage.jpg

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Here's mine
Did a complete restore a few months ago.
Wireforms polished, playfield stripped down and buffed out, etc
image.jpg

That's pretty dark - Add some spot lights.

#861 8 years ago

Hahaha
It's in my basement
lights are off
Or should I say "Blackout"

#862 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

That's pretty dark - Add some spot lights.

Yeah this game really needs some spotlights. Did wonders when I added one.

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from node:

I've finally nailed the crane height and horizontal alignment (only took roughly 50 tries), and I've confirmed the magnet still works via a solenoid test, but when I play an actual game the crane just swings back and forth perpetually and never grabs a ball off deadworld. Can anyone be so kind as to suggest what I need to look at to fix this? My Deadworld is unmodded.

Is the crane moving ALL the time? not stopping?, if so, check your opto either side of the plastic disc underneath the crane. Mine did this just recently and it turned out to have busted a wire off one of the opto's, could be dirty as well.

1 week later
#864 8 years ago

Bit of an update on my Nuke towers, i wasn't happy with the original mounting (holding down the tower via rubber) so i added a thread to the post and now lock it down with a nut. This ensures the tower doesn't rotate due to nudging the machine in play and i've also added some super bright LED's from Comet which are much better i feel (may not look much brighter in the pic but they REALLY are). I had to lower the mount for tower 1 somewhat as it was catching on the glass when i re-installed it (about 2mm overall). I also used the same LED's in the spotlights (FAR brighter than what i was using before) The only thing i'm finding now is that with the better LED's in the spotlights the area just above the flippers is looking bloody dull in comparison. Any ideas for this guys?, maybe a LED strip behind the flippers?

DSC01452.jpgDSC01452.jpg

DSC01456.jpgDSC01456.jpg

DSC01457.jpgDSC01457.jpg

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The only thing i'm finding now is that with the better LED's in the spotlights the area just above the flippers is looking bloody dull in comparison. Any ideas for this guys?, maybe a LED strip behind the flippers?

If you take the cones off the spotlights. Paint the LED black. it will light up more of that area. The cones restrict the light from reaching that area.

Not sure what kind of LEd you used, but I use low profile backglass LED's. you dont see the light itself and it lights up the entire playfield. You also dont have a sharp edge "shadow" when you remove them cones. it works so well i only had to use one spotlight.

#866 8 years ago

Here's mine with a couple of "dark world creations" figures.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from Hijacked:

Thinking about adding this Dredd in the same spot. That plastic is broken in half on mine. I plan on re-making the plastic, but if I modify the broken plastic to have a bracket over the crack for the bust. May look like it was stock. Just need to pull the trigger on this $70 un-painted resin mold.

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from Hijacked:

Just pre-ordered:Judge Dredd One:12 Collective Mezco Action Figure. Should ship Sometime July.
http://www.clarktoys.com/judroncomeac.html

I wont be able to convince myself to cut this guy in half. But for $64 it has way more detail than the resin kit. As well, also painted.
Plan on doing some wall display with the comic-book as the backing of the enclosure.

jd1.jpgjd1.jpg
jd2.jpgjd2.jpg
jd3.jpegjd3.jpeg
jd5.jpgjd5.jpg
jd6.jpgjd6.jpg

Trying to find where Ic an buy the bike, but I cant find itTrying to find where Ic an buy the bike, but I cant find it

#869 8 years ago

Okay, fairly generic and possibly stupid question. What is the adjustment to allow you to reset the game before it's complete? I don't remember the adjustment number, but I have one of them set to "reset game" to "instantly". Does this not work in the ROM for the Deadworld mod?

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Okay, fairly generic and possibly stupid question. What is the adjustment to allow you to reset the game before it's complete? I don't remember the adjustment number, but I have one of them set to "reset game" to "instantly". Does this not work in the ROM for the Deadworld mod?

A.1 33 Game Restart

Doesn't work at all in any version - it's a bug in the ROM. Don't bother.

viperrwk

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

A.1 33 Game Restart
Doesn't work at all in any version - it's a bug in the ROM. Don't bother.
viperrwk

Looks like JD will be my game to work on my come-from-behind massive 3rd ball skills!

I hope this information doesn't get out, it could make JD a $1400 game.

#872 8 years ago

I have added the tower PDF to my Dropbox. Some peeps have been having issues with downloading from my post (#838 page 17)
Please use link from my Dropbox. If you still have issues please PM me your email and I will send it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bykkj7d9fama80/NUKE%20TOWERS%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

Thanks,
Bill

If you don't have a way to print your own, let me know. I will see what the cost will be to print and ship.

#873 8 years ago

Eagle_topper.jpgEagle_topper.jpg Hello there can anyone help I’m after a shiny bright JD eagle topper I’ve tried the usual places but everyone’s been out of stock for ages, can anyone point me in the right direction?
This is a great thread
Thanks tony

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Hello there can anyone help I’m after a shiny bright JD eagle topper I’ve tried the usual places but everyone’s been out of stock for ages, can anyone point me in the right direction?
This is a great thread
Thanks tony

It was in stock at Marco's a few weeks ago. But if you find the dull gold, just use chrome-gold spray paint. That's all it is.

In stock : ***removed URL, only one left. I will PM you the address.
*Just paint it chrome-gold...

#875 8 years ago

This is also pretty cool. $30 On Amazon and Ebay.
Legendary Heroes: Judge Death

death1.JPGdeath1.JPG
death2.JPGdeath2.JPG
death3.JPGdeath3.JPG

#876 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

But if you find the dull gold, just use chrome-gold spray paint. That's all it is.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. (Sorry Jean lol)
You can actually see your reflection in the shinny gold one like it was gold/chrome plated. Where any gold spray paint I found couldn't reproduce the results of it. I had the mustard colored one and was looking for a while for either the shinny gold one or a way to give it that reflective look. I ended up getting lucky and planetary pinball put one in stock one day.

#877 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I have to respectfully disagree with this. (Sorry Jean lol)
You can actually see your reflection in the shinny gold one like it was gold/chrome plated. Where any gold spray paint I found couldn't reproduce the results of it. I had the mustard colored one and was looking for a while for either the shinny gold one or a way to give it that reflective look. I ended up getting lucky and planetary pinball put one in stock one day.

You need to do the chrome layered approach with your mirror-gold paint as a tint. "Or candy yellow for the tint"

1. Prime the topper with a black base
2. Spray the topper with Reflective Mirror Chrome. "Or Liquid Chrome http://chromepaint.com/shop/liquid-chrome/"
3. Finish with a tint-layer of high gloss mirror gold or candy yellow. *Semi-Translucent

Watch this video to get a better idea.

#878 8 years ago

That's some really good info. If I didn't luck out I probably would have went this route.

#879 8 years ago

Thanks for the information I'd actually found the dull topper previously but I'm really after a bit if bling with the "Crome gold" finish, I wasn't aware that you could buy it in spray can form, as for spraying it myself and adding a tint, that's above my level (way above) although it never stops to amaze me the talents some of you have, fair play to you all.
I'm gonna have to hang on until a shiny one comes available if anyone hears of anything please let me know
Thanks

#880 8 years ago

I'm looking for a mustard Topper, I'll paint one no problem, Marco is out of them, any other sources?

#882 8 years ago

IMO the original topper looks a lot better than the repro mustard color one or the shiny gold. But to each his own...

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

IMO the original topper looks a lot better than the repro mustard color one or the shiny gold. But to each his own...

The one available I listed above says "Genuine Williams Made Judge Dredd eagle topper" and looks pretty mustard to me.

19_016219_5.jpg19_016219_5.jpg

#884 8 years ago

"Genuine Williams Made Judge Dredd eagle topper"

It is kind of hard to believe there is still an NOS topper out there. Also it looks more like the color of some of the repros. I've had two originals and one repro and the repro was terrible. They never got the color right on any I have seen. But it may very well be NOS.

#885 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is kind of hard to believe there is still an NOS topper out there. Also it looks more like the color of some of the repros. I've had two originals and one repro and the repro was terrible. They never got the color right on any I have seen. But it may very well be NOS.

The one I have is solid resin. I think that is just another type that is available?

#886 8 years ago

The solid one is a repro as well. There were several different repros made. It seems few originals survived. The first one I had was cracked and glued back together.

#887 8 years ago

What happened to the metric shit-ton of those toppers that Gene used to haul around to shows?

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What happened to the metric shit-ton of those toppers that Gene used to haul around to shows?

I bought a shiny one from Gene. PPS needs to start making them again. And o-din got my original.

#889 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

And o-din got my original.

Uh, thank you very much!

#890 8 years ago

I guess If every one of those near 7000 JDs came with a topper from the factory, they have to be out there some where. But I remember the one I played on route in '93 didn't have one.

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

See any around state side???

AUD is down right now. In some cases, you are better off buying parts from Australia. $1USD = $1.35AUD

Reminds me, when I lived in Sydney when $1USD was $2AUD. It made them $60AUD cases of Tooheys New beer go down faster. lol

#893 8 years ago

AUD is down right now. In some cases, you are better off buying parts from Australia. $1USD = $1.35AUD
Reminds me, when I lived in Sydney when $1USD was $2USD. It made them $60 cases of Tooheys New beer go down faster. lol

I just knew you were going to say that

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I just knew you were going to say that

About the currency or the beer?

#895 8 years ago

For anyone that would need the decals for the tower mod, I have got a price from the printer and added for shipping $15 a set. The decal will be laminated and cut. The number will be cut out also to show the red of tower behind. If you want he can not cut out the number. If you would like me to get them printed ( I know of a few that don't have ways to print), just pm me and I will get a order up.

#896 8 years ago

those cooling towers look sick, been thinking of doing something similar with the simpsons towers for awhile now. i added this guy yesterday. originally had a blacklight in the spot, but the effect was either too subtle or too glaring. experimented with a few different colors and ultimately liked the green best.

death.jpgdeath.jpg

#897 8 years ago

Just got the new Marco rubber kit and think it includes extra parts. Specifically the 23/64" rubber rings (10 of these) and 7/16" rubber ring (4 of these). I found an old google groups post asking the same question (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/x-fiKopwcSE) but there was no resolution. Anyone else have any ideas why these are included in the kit?

20150713_210856.jpg20150713_210856.jpg

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from scoots:

those cooling towers look sick, been thinking of doing something similar with The Simpsons towers for awhile now. i added this guy yesterday. originally had a blacklight in the spot, but the effect was either too subtle or too glaring. experimented with a few different colors and ultimately liked the green best.

Actually wasn't keen on the figures, but where you placed yours looks pretty good.

#899 8 years ago

I just saw NOS decals .. be quick he wont have many.. ( 8 sets i believe) http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-1795-p.html

#900 8 years ago

New owner here, what an awesome machine.

I do have a question for the group. I just installed the deadworld locking mod and it seems everything is working correctly, planet turns, all 3 balls lock, and crane picks them up correctly and drops them in the correct spot. However, once I lock the third ball, and multiball starts, the auto plunger immediately plunges a new ball, resulting in 4 balls on the playfield. I am pretty sure there is only supposed to be three balls for this multiball because after the third one drains, the game thinks I dont have any more balls on the playfield. Then going forward, until I reset the game, the game always plunges two balls at once. I assume this is an opto issue, but not sure where, the trough or somewhere up in the planet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of the machine, premium non-ghosting leds, 6 spotlights, pinbits plastic protectors, deadworld, and colordmd.
IMG_0836.jpgIMG_0836.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.