IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 98.
#702 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

One flasher and two GI I think

Correct

#703 9 years ago

All three Deadworld bulbs were blown on mine when I got it, so I replaced them with one orange flasher and two red GI LEDs (They were spares – I think I may have been a little over-zealous when I made a previous CoinTaker order!). It looks great.

#704 9 years ago

I rebuilt my JUDGE drop target assembly probably a year ago and several are sticking already. Only one really drops like it should and the others seem sticky with the D being the worst. Do I need to rebuild this unit again? I suppose the targets just get dirty, so maybe just clean it? What all have you guys done to ensure a good working assembly? Thanks!

#705 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I rebuilt my JUDGE drop target assembly probably a year ago and several are sticking already. Only one really drops like it should and the others seem sticky with the D being the worst. Do I need to rebuild this unit again? I suppose the targets just get dirty, so maybe just clean it? What all have you guys done to ensure a good working assembly? Thanks!

I cleaned mine too recently. Made a huge difference. I also adjusted the springs that pull the targets down by making them shorter (more force).

#706 9 years ago

So here's a couple more questions for all you JD owners out there. Just realized I am running the L6 game rom and the most updated rom is L7. On the action pinball rom website for the history on this game it tells the changes from the previous rom. The most notable change I see is that L7 has improved shooter logic for both the left and right shooters. Anybody know the difference in the logic?

Second question, I occasionally get a credit dot for switch 68, captive ball #3. This is the last captive ball in the reactor melt down which looks like a target switch. I have replaced this switch with a brand new one and don't know why it doesn't always register. It takes a solid hard shot and a hard test hit for it to register and remove the credit dot. Is this normal? Shouldn't it register every time it is hit?

Thanks for the help!

#707 9 years ago

May just be timing out after not being hit during multiple plays. It's not an easy shot for me!

#708 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

May just be timing out after not being hit during multiple plays. It's not an easy shot for me!

Most likely this. I get a trough switch 86 credit dot on my location machine quite often. That comes from not getting a 6 ball multiball for a long stretch. I just start a super game and get a 6 ball going and it clears it every time.

#709 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Most likely this. I get a trough switch 86 credit dot on my location machine quite often. That comes from not getting a 6 ball multiball for a long stretch. I just start a super game and get a 6 ball going and it clears it every time.

Oh so thats why it happens! This happens to me as well. I usually go into test mode and make sure all trough switches activate then the error goes away. Time for some more super game by the sounds. Thanks Gov.

#710 9 years ago

Has anyone picked up the Ministry of Pinball cab decals? Very tempted, everything inside my JD is great (pf, toys, ramps) but the red cab art has completely faded as usual. http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/judge-dredd-cabinet-decals-next-gen.html

#711 9 years ago

Yeah, I just picked up a set. Not had a spare second to look at them yet though... It's on my to do list for the weekend. Wish I'd known a week ago, I'm local to you in Kingston. We could have combined shipping!

I'll let you know what they're like, alternatively you're welcome to come take a look at them if it'll help you decide whether or not you want to get a set?

#712 9 years ago

I have a set on mine. They are awesome.

IMG_8405_zps307d1b42.jpgIMG_8405_zps307d1b42.jpg IMG_8406_zps1bd6c578.jpgIMG_8406_zps1bd6c578.jpg IMG_8407_zps828c0487.jpgIMG_8407_zps828c0487.jpg
#713 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I have a set on mine. They are awesome.

IMG_8405_zps307d1b42.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_8406_zps1bd6c578.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_8407_zps828c0487.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks awesome. How do you go about trimming the decals after you install them? I like the back line on the edges.

#714 9 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

FYI, there is an (allegedly) working complete Deadworld motor assembly (bracket, gearbox, motor, planet, lights, rings, etc) on e-bay right now, but it is crazy expensive at nearly $600. I was thinking about buying it and having my current busted one fixed as a spare, but I'm a little gun shy at that price.

I offered him $360 and had him throw in a bunch of plastics he also had listed and he jumped at it.

#715 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Looks awesome. How do you go about trimming the decals after you install them? I like the back line on the edges.

I have to be honest Gov. I didn't do it myself. I have a bloke here that does my decals for me.

#716 9 years ago

Looks brilliant, would love to re-decal mine but I don't fancy the full disassemble.

#717 9 years ago

If you're into the heavy guitar riffs on JD, watch the above link as this musician kicks it up a notch

image.jpgimage.jpg
#718 9 years ago

I found this retaining pin in the bottom of my JD cabinet. Where does it go?
JD-PIN.jpgJD-PIN.jpg

#719 9 years ago
Quoted from redacted:

I found this retaining pin in the bottom of my JD cabinet. Where does it go?
JD-PIN.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Coinbox?

#720 9 years ago

That clip goes on the tab that holds the coin mech in place.

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody have some advice on this subject? Mine is sticking and the whole assembly is grimy. After dissembley and cleaning do you put anything on the targets at all. My brother keeps telling me I need a dry silicone spray but it seems I've read on here not to use anything. Any advice?

#722 9 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Anybody have some advice on this subject? Mine is sticking and the whole assembly is grimy. After dissembley and cleaning do you put anything on the targets at all. My brother keeps telling me I need a dry silicone spray but it seems I've read on here not to use anything. Any advice?

i clean and wax mine

#723 9 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I just rebuilt my ES ones, just took them off and cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol and they worked great after.

#724 9 years ago

apply nothing, clean em and leave em!

#725 9 years ago

I'm having some trouble adjusting the height of the crane arm, even after reading the manual and anything I could find online. Currently it gets stuck on Deadworld so the magnet needs to be higher.

The manual says "To vertically adjust arm assembly, lift arm unit and loosen lower nut on the adjustment post near the rear of unit. Adjust lifter screw up or down so that the magnet is approximately1/16" higher than the ball. Tighten the lower nut."

Is it talking about this? I've removed the crane plastic and the flat metal piece with the magnet on the end.

dredd_height.jpgdredd_height.jpg

If that's the right part, the problem is the bottom nut only loosens a little bit in either direction before tightening again, and turning the top nut either way does nothing. Or is the "lifter screw" something else?

#726 9 years ago

I'm going to get some Playfield Accent Spotlights to brighten everything up a bit. What's a good LED to put in them? A 3 LED? A 4? Or does the reflective cone fire out the light fine if it's just a regular one-light one?

I'm guessing mounting them on a spacer and not just straight to the slingshot screw is better for light distribution and lessens ball rebound hits? Not that it makes any difference on my AC/DC as I'm forever realigning the buggers.

#727 9 years ago

I have a question for anyone that has the red or blue led mod that's on eBay. The one that brightens up the back of the playfield. It looks great but is it worth getting the eBay mod? Or should I just order some led strips from comet? I'd hate to pay triple the price for something I could just get with my next led order.

#728 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I have a question for anyone that has the red or blue led mod that's on eBay. The one that brightens up the back of the playfield. It looks great but is it worth getting the eBay mod? Or should I just order some led strips from comet? I'd hate to pay triple the price for something I could just get with my next led order.

I've got the blue one, it is essentially a small strip of LEDs that you stick to the ceiling of the wooden panel that the backbox sits on. It has a long wire attached on one side that you feed up into the backbox and piggyback connect to either J116, J117 or J118 on the main board.

It does light up the dark back of the playfield rather nicely, but it's a simple construction (LED strip, cable, sleeve, connector, I'm guessing a resistor). You're paying for the convenience and easy 'plug and play' nature. If you can make it yourself, then I say go for it as it will be cheaper and you can buy a strip long enough to span the entire width of the playfield.

#729 9 years ago

I made my own. Got my lights from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Triangle-Bulbs-T93007-1-pack-Waterproof/dp/B005EHHLD8/ref=sr_1_2
I also put a dimmer in line. http://www.amazon.com/Lerway-Controller-Wireless-Control-R106/dp/B00AHU2U7O/ref=pd_sim_hi_4

Made one for me and one for my friend. Just need to add your own wire and find a spot to get 12 volt. Test post on board works for starters but need to move. I dont have mine on all the time so I have not moved it yet but for less than 15 bucks you can make your own and have strip of led's for other things.

20150312_213813.jpg20150312_213813.jpg
#730 9 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy a new or used globe for the dead world? The JD that I am looking to buy is missing one. Thanks.

#731 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Does anyone know where I can buy a new or used globe for the dead world? The JD that I am looking to buy is missing one. Thanks.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8858.html

#732 9 years ago

That kid is fast!

#733 9 years ago

Thanks PinRob

#734 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That kid is fast!

It's the Law

#735 9 years ago

2 warm white LED strips add a lot of light to the back of the game

image.jpgimage.jpg
#736 9 years ago

As it will always be. This is one DMD machine that will never be replaced by an EM in my collection. I can't. It's in my blood.

#737 9 years ago

I like the game darkish... I don't get the obsession with light strips everywhere on the older DMD games tbh

3 weeks later
#738 8 years ago

After receiving a couple PMs in reference to my spare JD topper bracket, I sent mine to Marco and they've just informed me that they've reproduced the item and it is now for sale.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11964

To all those that needed one, here's your opportunity.
-Brian

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

After receiving a couple PMs in reference to my spare JD topper bracket, I sent mine to Marco and they've just informed me that they've reproduced the item and it is now for sale.
-Brian

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

-Brian

Awesome I have an original but I know alot of people needed this.

1 week later
#741 8 years ago

Do any of you guys have under cabinet lighting on your Dredd? What lights did you tie them into to?

#742 8 years ago

I'm also having problems with my left pursuit light. The lights are dim. It seems they are not getting proper voltage. I'm really tired of trying to chase it down. I'm considering tying it in to the right pursuit light. I know this is not the proper fix, but seems it would be a quick fix. Any ideas?

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ahhh! I've never played a Dredd! Anybody in Jersey have one so I can play?

Sure, Come on over, as long as you don't mind driving down to Monmouth County,

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from Bo:

Do any of you guys have under cabinet lighting on your Dredd? What lights did you tie them into to?

Yes. www.rockcustompinball.com

20150419_172435.jpg20150419_172435.jpg
#745 8 years ago

When the ball comes around the small loop, and you hold the upper right flipper up, where should the ball go? After rebuilding that upper right flipper the ball will go around for another loop if I hold it up, is this how it is supposed to be set up? Before the rebuild I would have to hit the ball each time to keep it going around the loop, now I hit it once and it screams around the loop twice if I hold the flipper up.

Also, if the ball comes around the small loop fast and I do not touch the upper right flipper at all, the ball will go directly down into the left ball launch and immediately fire back up at a very high speed right back up into the small loop. Seems like it was designed to meet both of those conditions, is it working that way for others?

#746 8 years ago

If I hold mine up it will go up towards the loop, then come back down for another shot - It will not go around twice.

Did you use the proper coil? Maybe I should be rebuilding mine too...

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

When the ball comes around the small loop, and you hold the upper right flipper up, where should the ball go? After rebuilding that upper right flipper the ball will go around for another loop if I hold it up, is this how it is supposed to be set up? Before the rebuild I would have to hit the ball each time to keep it going around the loop, now I hit it once and it screams around the loop twice if I hold the flipper up.

Also, if the ball comes around the small loop fast and I do not touch the upper right flipper at all, the ball will go directly down into the left ball launch and immediately fire back up at a very high speed right back up into the small loop. Seems like it was designed to meet both of those conditions, is it working that way for others?

I think that's normal, does the same on my machine. It does depend on the speed of the ball of course, and, yes leave the flipper down it invariably feeds into the left ball launch. My machine doesn't fire the ball back up as high but i think it's getting a bit lazy in that area.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

My machine doesn't fire the ball back up as high but i think it's getting a bit lazy in that area.

I don't think it's supposed to fire super high but just enough to to get it back into play. As long as when you shoot the missile down it has enough power to get to the drop targets it's fine. If it did come out like a rocket it might break the drop targets since it fires out towards them.

#749 8 years ago

I don't think it's supposed to fire super high but just enough to to get it back into play. As long as when you shoot the missile down it has enough power to get to the drop targets it's fine. If it did come out like a rocket it might break the drop targets since it fires out towards them.

That's about as far as mine gets to, so all good

#750 8 years ago

It's crazy when it happens because it is so fast. The ball is going fast enough around the small loop that I totally miss even flipping, then down the left lane and then fired immediately back up into the small loop. Works so perfectly, the first few times I was just left wondering "What just happened?!". Normally when the ball fires out of the left launch area from the ball just finding its way in there it is not super fast and the height varies. Only when the ball goes into the launch very fast from the small loop does it come out really fast, basically at the same speed it went in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/15?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.