IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 98.
#601 9 years ago

I used some small L-brackets I had laying around. You should be able to find something at your local hardware store.

IMG_20150119_193314.jpgIMG_20150119_193314.jpg
#602 9 years ago

Yeah i'm probably daft enough to drop the box without remembering so I'll take the time and head down to the hardware store for a workaround! Cheers guys

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Yeah i'm probably daft enough to drop the box without remembering so I'll take the time and head down to the hardware store for a workaround! Cheers guys

I'd definitely mount it and there are many ways of doing it. I posted in this thread a few pages previously as to how i made my bracket. There's dimensions included, depends how you want to go though. The L brackets that Memphis suggested would work fine. I used a bigger piece behind as i wanted to put Leds in for the eyes.

#604 9 years ago

I actually have the picture you posted of your bracket and dimensions printed and sitting on my desk, I'll go with the easier option in the meantime but LED's in the eyes could be the way forward for me!

Lakes Entrance hey? used to holiday down there at the Caravan Park when I was a youngster, they still have the same mini golf? Best mini-golf in the world!

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Lakes Entrance hey? used to holiday down there at the Caravan Park when I was a youngster, they still have the same mini golf? Best mini-golf in the world!

Yeah that's still there plus a couple more now

#606 9 years ago

Im in....

2015-01-19 14.58.29.jpg2015-01-19 14.58.29.jpg

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Im in....

sweeeeeeet!

2015-01-19 14.58.29.jpg 123 KB

#608 9 years ago

Been doing a lot of work on my JD including adding a led kit from Pinballbulbs. I love it more than ever with the LEDs. Before I started I didn't know the difference between the different bulbs, flashers, etc. Its been a great learning experience. One thing is, I don't really like led flashers all the time. I replaced the center led under the globe with a regular bulb flasher and like it way better. I was disappointed with the red and blue flashers under the pursuit plastic. I like the color but it just doesn't really stand out during pursuit mode. I think the old bulb flashers stand out more. Would a better, more powerful LED stand out more? Any recommendation which ones? Thx.

#609 9 years ago

Would something like this work or would it be too long and stick out from the plastic?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#610 9 years ago

13 is too long I think. I'd go 5 or 9 - I have a 5 - 9 may be too long also

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/9smdtowerflash.htm

#611 9 years ago

Rob, you happy with the 5? My kit had fives and when flashing it wasn't all that noticeable because the rest of the machine is so bright. I'm kind of surprised a plain old bulb flasher stands out more

#612 9 years ago

I'm happy with them. They are color matched red - blue and stand out enough for me. But I do not have the Pinballbulbs kit. You may be able to get a nine in there if you want something more noticeable.

#613 9 years ago

Red and Blue LED flashers on the pursuit ramps really added to the mode for me.

#614 9 years ago

My finished LED'd JD with the LED kit from Pinballbulbs. I absolutely love love love it. Pictures don't do it justice. In fact, this picture sucks. The LED strip along the right ramp was suppose to go along the wire ramps but I liked it better here. I did put a regular bulb flasher back in the center dome and under the pursuit plastics. I'd rather have red and blue LEDs but the ones I had didn't pop enough for me. The red shooter strip was put in by fellow Pinsider Rock914, of Rock Custom Pinball, who was nice enough to also clean up and wax some of the playfield for me. Thanks Chris! The machine is working perfect but the crane is a bit off which has prevented me from adding the Deadworld mod but that will be my next project.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#615 9 years ago

I just bought the 9's for the pursuit ramps. I'll let you know how they fit/look.

#616 9 years ago

Have finally got the chance to look over my new JD, turns out the dead world planet has no lights in it at just three cut wires... Guessing I need a new light assembly and solder the wires in to that?

The flashers throughout the machine are all out too would that be due to the lights in the planet being completely disconnected?

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

The flashers throughout the machine are all out too would that be due to the lights in the planet being completely disconnected?

I assume you tried the flashers in test mode. Did you hold the coin door high power cutoff switch in? ,please forgive the question but it's an easy thing to forget. Just having a flasher disconnected wont stop the others from working. Inside the planet should be one flasher and two GI globe holders. If all the flashers aren't working then it will be something on the driver board, perhaps a fuse. Others in this thread will be more technically plugged in than me and will be able to be more specific

#618 9 years ago

Lol spot on.. Don't I feel like a goose. Too much time on Gottlieb haha thanks

#619 9 years ago

If my crane drops the ball 4 out of 5 times perfectly but the fifth time it misses and it rolls off the front of the DW, would I be foolish to add the DW mod? I just can't get my crane to work perfectly every single time.

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

If my crane drops the ball 4 out of 5 times perfectly but the fifth time it misses and it rolls off the front of the DW, would I be foolish to add the DW mod? I just can't get my crane to work perfectly every single time.

This is how mine is too, not 100% and it makes me hesitant to do the dead world mod. I have it just sittin there. If the crane can't sucessfully exit all the balls during multiball than what's the sense in installing it.

#621 9 years ago

Mine works (flawlessly, I believe) without the deadworld mod, but when I put it in, the crane suddenly started missing balls left and right. Went back to working when I uninstalled the mod.

#622 9 years ago

added a powered subwoofer some spotlights to the playfield. still doesn't play 100% but it looks and sounds darn good lol. BTW anyone who is concidering "upgrading" to aftermarket speaker kits? I have a good deal of experience trying to work with these in a couple of my games. STTNG came that way and it sounds terrible. Thinking the speakers may have gone bad I ordered another whole set. Same thing. Audio is muffled sounding overall and the panel speakers start crackling at about 80% volume. I then swapped speakers with my shadow and the stock speakers are WAY better. If you want extra oooomph add an external powered sub. You can hook onemachine up the the right input and another into the left. Here is the one I got.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OL3QTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

20150126_013630.jpg20150126_013630.jpg 20150126_013818.jpg20150126_013818.jpg 20150126_014217.jpg20150126_014217.jpg 20150126_014115.jpg20150126_014115.jpg
#623 9 years ago

Mine has the DW mod, and the crane picks the balls up every single time (haven't had a miss yet), but it will sometimes let the ball sort of roll off the DW disc. Not really a big deal, but I know it will eventually cause enough stress to break it. I'll worry about it when it happens, though, as my machine came with a spare dw disc.

Rob, I ordered a PinSound board for mine, and it has an upgraded amp in it, which I think will help a lot. I'm going to try it out with stock sounds and factory speakers and see how it does. It is 2x 20w stereo (backbox) and 1x 30w (cab). I believe the factory chips are 18W (assuming these are the correct ones: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3306), so the cab speaker will get a nice upgrade, anyways, which should help with giving it some oomph.

Also: Rob Brown is going to kick my what?!

#624 9 years ago

Also: Rob Brown is going to kick my what?!

lol couldn't fit fuggin' azzzz on the first page! Can't wait to sell some of these pins without changing the messages.

"if you get four games in without this thing f_cking up consider yourself lucky"
"if you were more patient you wouldn't have gotten ripped off by that con artist"
"Rob Brown lies about the condition of his games..."

#625 9 years ago

Rob, I ordered a PinSound board for mine, and it has an upgraded amp in it, which I think will help a lot. I'm going to try it out with stock sounds and factory speakers and see how it does. It is 2x 20w stereo (backbox) and 1x 30w (cab). I believe the factory chips are 18W (assuming these are the correct ones: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3306), so the cab speaker will get a nice upgrade, anyways, which should help with giving it some oomph.

i believe the speakers are good enough quality and just need more power. I be it works great and would love to hear what your opinion is when you are done. I'm gonna go check it out now

#627 9 years ago

Is there anyway to replace the bulb under the stakeout ramp without removing all the ramps? Seems impossible to access

#628 9 years ago

I don't think so since it sits on top of the play field if I remember correctly.

#629 9 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

Is there anyway to replace the bulb under the stakeout ramp without removing all the ramps? Seems impossible to access

I think that's the only bulb I didn't replace. Bugs me but oh well.

#630 9 years ago

Does anyone have an extra right plastic ramp that they would consider selling? My tab completely broke off and it just hanging. I rather try to save some money and buy used! Let me know!

#631 9 years ago

They make a Cliffy patch kit for that. I have one on mine and it works really great.

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Does anyone have an extra right plastic ramp that they would consider selling? My tab completely broke off and it just hanging. I rather try to save some money and buy used! Let me know!

http://www.passionforpinball.com/dreddpro.htm

#633 9 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

They make a Cliffy patch kit for that. I have one on mine and it works really great.

Just saw that! I love Cliff's stuff - thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

#634 9 years ago

Just in case some of you missed it, Pam from Pinbits confirmed that they will be making new plastic protectors for JD.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-pinbits#post-2206686

#635 9 years ago

Hey guys I have joined the club!

I bought my Dredd last year and have spent the last 8 months sprucing it up.

Check out the link here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hmmminteresting-my-ultra-bright-judge-dredd#postbox

I freaking love this table!

#636 9 years ago

I popped in the #9 fled flashers last night and they look and fit great. The blue is a tad brighter than the red though.

Crappy vid of it

#637 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I popped in the #9 fled flashers last night and they look and fit great. The blue is a tad brighter than the red though.
Crappy vid of it
» YouTube video

Are the flashers sticking out past the cover now?

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are the flashers sticking out past the cover now?

No they are still inside. A huge upgrade imo.

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Hmmm, sure looks like they are sticking out past the sides of the cover to me in the beginning of the video. Maybe a straight on close up pic would be better.

#640 9 years ago

I tried the 9smd flashers and they stuck out slightly so I put the 5 back in and they are plenty brite

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm, sure looks like they are sticking out past the sides of the cover to me in the beginning of the video. Maybe a straight on close up pic would be better.

Yeah Ill get a pic tomorrow. I thought they fit nicely but perhaps they are just to the end or very slightly over. It wasnt obvious at all when I installed which is why I might be mistaken

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

As you can see, I was wrong. But for the brightness these give vs some saying the 5's don't quite produce enough of a puch... I think most will be happy with these ever so slightly protruding.

20150202_071906.jpg20150202_071906.jpg 20150202_071934.jpg20150202_071934.jpg 20150202_071833.jpg20150202_071833.jpg
#643 9 years ago

Yea not that bad but I didnt see much difference between the 5 and 9 at least in my game

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

They look great. Thanks for sharing the video. I definitely want to get some myself. What leds did you use? Cointaker?

#645 9 years ago

Use comet for flashers they are much cheaper than anywhere else

#646 9 years ago

Yeah the link to the exact flashers from Comet are above the video I posted

#647 9 years ago

I've recently got a JD and turns out the light fixture for the dead world was just cut off at the wires. I've got a new light setting but don't know which wire to solder where. I've attached pictures of both any help would be much appreciated!
20150124_135755.jpg20150124_135755.jpg
20150131_115322.jpg20150131_115322.jpg

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

I've recently got a JD and turns out the light fixture for the dead world was just cut off at the wires. I've got a new light setting but don't know which wire to solder where. I've attached pictures of both any help would be much appreciated!

Here's a couple of pics that should help. There's not a lot of slack in my wires so i couldn't get a really good underneath shot but should suffice. The bottom half of your planet seems to have been crispy (burnt) at some point in time, at least, that's how it appears in the pic. If that's the case then it makes sense that the globe holders were missing, most likely got shorted and melted the board.

IMG.jpgIMG.jpg DSC01234.JPGDSC01234.JPG
#649 9 years ago

Probably been talked about to death and I've read all I can but I still don't get the crane adjustment.
I think I may have made it worse messing with it. T15 says line up the ball under the crane. I assume you do that loosening the screws in the colored ring that has some play. I have mine all the way to one end and it still isn't exactly under the magnet. Then it says to lower the magnet vertically on top of the ball. How do you do that? I probably should have just left well enough alone but damnit I want the DW mod.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-63.jpgimage-63.jpg image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg
#650 9 years ago

Playing around with it more, the biggest problem is the crane hangs on to the ball too long. Doesn't drop it until it's on its way back toward the DW. Once, it didn't drop it ATT all. The ball just hung on the magnet. It never did that before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.