IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg
There are 4,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 98.
#551 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Go to http://www.pinbits.com ,i'm pretty sure they have the red deadworld kit.

Well thx I know about pinbits but they are out of red

I'm a happy new owner of a fun JD. Whoop

#552 9 years ago

I just joined the club! Drove to Dallas yesterday to pick up a JD. I think I got a good deal based on recent prices, but it does need a little work, so I will be asking quite a few questions I'm sure.

Right now I know it needs the deadworld motor fixed, the left plastic ramp is busted and it needs new rubbers and a good clean. The crane is 100% working and the playfield looks flawless.

My goal is to get the Dredd up to par so that I can rip into my POTO and send the playfield off for restoration...

#553 9 years ago

Looking for a representative led plan. I don't want to miss any

#554 9 years ago

Any chance there is a topper for sale out there?

#556 9 years ago

Let's all get one of these.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's all get one of these.
» YouTube video

Count me in, looks great. Colors jive with the comics and the subtle shading looks really good, given the dot matrix limitations

#558 9 years ago

I hope they get the DMDs in stock early in January rather than later

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I hope they get the DMDs in stock early in January rather than later

I'll order one as soon as they are available. In the meantime I may transplant the one I have in STTNG so I am ready when the code drops. I've been looking forward to this for way too long. When I first played Dredd 20 years ago, I imagined how cool the animations would have been in color.

#560 9 years ago

I transported the WH20 over just in case. Thumb drive ready.

#561 9 years ago

Err I should have said

Looking to buy a Dredd topper in this hemisphere.

Thx

#562 9 years ago

ColorDMD in stock. Never ordered something so quickly in my life.

#563 9 years ago

Does anyone have a good led plan for me to use as a starter. A nice xcell file of the lamp number and type used etc. thanks in advance

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

ColorDMD in stock. Never ordered something so quickly in my life.

Me to got the email clicked the link and $400 gone This should be awesome from what I've seen can't wait

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Does anyone have a good led plan for me to use as a starter. A nice xcell file of the lamp number and type used etc. thanks in advance

Pinball Center have one

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/noflix-judge-dredd-p-1069.html?language=english

1 week later
#566 9 years ago

Does the immortal pinside joke "JD is a $1400 game folks" need to be updated to $1800 if it has a colorDMD in it?jdmfw.jpgjdmfw.jpg

Just installed mine and it looks awesome. Took long enough for a game I own to get the ColorDMD treatment.

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Jared in Dallas has the best led plan that I have seen.

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Does the immortal pinside joke "JD is a $1400 game folks" need to be updated to $1800 if it has a colorDMD in it?

It was a joke? lol.

The color DMD is awesome! More like a dream come true. Thanks to Gov and colordmd for getting this one out to us. I stayed up late last night after the code dropped and played for hours. Color or not, I have never tired of playing JD. And now it is better than ever. I love this machine!

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

I will look and see if I have one for mine.

#571 9 years ago

I am thinking hard about color DMD. I figure it might raise the value as much as $200 - $250. As standard DMD Have a fairly short lifetime and the color LCD should last longer. The rub is that there will be nice LED displays ready soon for $300 or so and they will be awesome too. Now if color DMD folks used rgb LED or even OLED then that would push it over the top for me

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

I am thinking hard about color DMD. I figure it might raise the value as much as $200 - $250. As standard DMD Have a fairly short lifetime and the color LCD should last longer. The rub is that there will be nice LED displays ready soon for $300 or so and they will be awesome too. Now if color DMD folks used rgb LED or even OLED then that would push it over the top for me

Unless you are routing your games, a standard DMD in a home environment will last an absurdly long time. Had the same one in my Jackbot for 5 years and it shows no signs of going out. And it's a pin I play very frequently.

That said the ColorDMD is an awesome upgrade. Completely worth the money imo. If you don't feel that it will add value when you go to sell the games, rip it out and save it for another game. More and more games are being added every month with colorized roms. JD is my first supported ColorDMD game and I plan on buying one for every game I own as they become available. Fingers crossed for Shadow this year.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

The rub is that there will be nice LED displays ready soon for $300 or so and they will be awesome too.

Can you elaborate? Are you talking about the SmartDMD?

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

If you don't feel that it will add value when you go to sell the games, rip it out and save it for another game.

Agreed, easy enough to keep your old DMD to put back in when you sell the game.

#575 9 years ago

Just go with ColorDMD - BEST thing I've done to my machine - and I've done a lotimage.jpgimage.jpg

#577 9 years ago

Battletank never looked so good!

#578 9 years ago

Add me to the JD Club! Just picked up the Judge last week. Added Eagle topper, pulled the ramps and gave it a nice thorough cleaning and tweaking. That's a lotta ramps!

Legs were 31 inches which made it look ridiculously huge compared to my other machines. It was like driving a friggin bus so I took the set off my sttng (put another set of restored legs on it) which were black and gave them a coat of hammered finish rustoleum black, followed by two coats of reflective gold. Both from Lowes. Coin door was beat up pretty good too so that got hammered finish followed by satin black then blinged up with some gold glitter spray they use on glass lamps and stuff. What do you think? I just ordered some spotlights as suggested here. Id also like to light up the white planet area under the playfield directly under the deadworld ring. Any suggestions?

This game is fuggin' crazy! Love it...

20150111_225852.jpg20150111_225852.jpg 20150107_235032r.jpg20150107_235032r.jpg 20150111_225716.jpg20150111_225716.jpg
#579 9 years ago

Congrats RCB. Sweet JD! Welcome to the club!!
~Steveo

#580 9 years ago

Looks awesome!

#581 9 years ago

I need to order a set of brass legs for mine.

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

ColorDMD - BEST thing I've done to my machine

Agreed. Second best thing I ever did was installing a sheet of invisiglass. As most of you know there are only so many GI sockets on this game and lighting can be an issue. Invisiglass made it much easier to come up with a lighting plan that worked without going to extremes. I used the Cointaker superbrite kit for the inserts, and a combination of other bulbs for the GI. I am very happy with the results. Invisiglass makes this game pop.

#583 9 years ago

I'm in! Have just purchased a JD from Melbourne, $2750AUD after shipping to Brisbane (1500 miles). By Australian prices that is pretty good! It's been imported from Europe, everything in good original condition. I've read through the entire thread and I'm thinking the first priorities are a deadworld mod, LED's, drop target decals and buying that last topper from PSPA!

I have never played JD before so am looking forward to putting a lot of hours of play in over the next few weeks!

20150109_131614.jpg20150109_131614.jpg

#584 9 years ago

I guess in reality the BEST thing I ever did was getting JD in the first place

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I need to order a set of brass legs for mine.

You "razzin' on m'bling Yo?"

#586 9 years ago

1. no deadworld mod installed (yet)
2. having a hard time aligning the crane to pick up the ball. got into the menu and found the adjustment for the crane but when it says to align it with the ring I can't figure it out. i found the planet adjustment and stopped it with the crane arm down where it should pick up the ball but when I go try it again it goes back to lowering to the ring about half way between the ball slots. tried moving the ring by hand but it wont budge and I dont want to break it. advice appreciated!

#587 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

1. no deadworld mod installed (yet)
2. having a hard time aligning the crane to pick up the ball. got into the menu and found the adjustment for the crane but when it says to align it with the ring I can't figure it out. i found the planet adjustment and stopped it with the crane arm down where it should pick up the ball but when I go try it again it goes back to lowering to the ring about half way between the ball slots. tried moving the ring by hand but it wont budge and I dont want to break it. advice appreciated!

It takes some time to get working correctly. Just align it above the ball and adjust the height in back of the crane. When it tests you will either be right above the ball(wont pick up) or to close to the ball(doesnt move because it is stuck between the ring and the magnet). Fiddle with this for awhile and you will find the sweet spot.

#588 9 years ago

having the same problem. Fiddled with it for hours last night - got a buddy coming tomorrow to help me with it. Fingers crossed. The crane/deadworld seems to be the Bermuda Triangle of pinball repair.

#589 9 years ago

My JD is getting close to being exactly how I want it. My crane picks up the ball ok but doesn't swing left quite far enough. Ends up dropping it right on the edge of the ramp. Do the adjustments in the menu adjust this? Not quite sure how to adjust this.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

My JD is getting close to being exactly how I want it. My crane picks up the ball ok but doesn't swing left quite far enough. Ends up dropping it right on the edge of the ramp. Do the adjustments in the menu adjust this? Not quite sure how to adjust this.

Mine does the EXACT same thing - doesn't go quite far enough left. Haven't looked into it but if anyone else knows I'd be interested in a solution too.

#591 9 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

It takes some time to get working correctly. Just align it above the ball and adjust the height in back of the crane. When it tests you will either be right above the ball(wont pick up) or to close to the ball(doesnt move because it is stuck between the ring and the magnet). Fiddle with this for awhile and you will find the sweet spot.

Thanks man it's fixed. Anyone interested in the fix go look at my activity. On an iPad so hard to type it out again.

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

I'm in! Have just purchased a JD from Melbourne, $2750AUD after shipping to Brisbane (1500 miles). By Australian prices that is pretty good! It's been imported from Europe, everything in good original condition. I've read through the entire thread and I'm thinking the first priorities are a deadworld mod, LED's, drop target decals and buying that last topper from PSPA!
I have never played JD before so am looking forward to putting a lot of hours of play in over the next few weeks!

Just got mine last week. Playing it right now. Your are in for a pleasant surprise my friend! I'm not sure how you say holy f_ck in Australia but...

20150109_131614.jpg 247 KB

#593 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Mine does the EXACT same thing - doesn't go quite far enough left. Haven't looked into it but if anyone else knows I'd be interested in a solution too.

You want the crane to be able to pick up the ball just enough to allow it to swing back to the tunnel. Adjust the arm in the crane test by moving it ever so slightly to the left above the ball. Test again. I like to start a game and start multiball right away. Remember if there is resistance or torque between the arm and the ring it will not get to the drop before release. It is timed to release so too much resistance is a bad thing. Give it enough so it moves smoothly and doesn't hiccup along the ring. If it drags raise the crane screw in the back by lifting the front of the crane.

#594 9 years ago

Holy Fck sounds pretty good for me!

I've already spent another 500+ on decals, a topper, deadworld mod and a rubber kit.. next up some LED's once I map out how I want to do that and then maybe i'll have to wait for my birthday before getting a color dmd in there

#595 9 years ago

i have a question about the left launch button and mode select. neither seems to work but i dont know when they are used. i had two balls get trapped in the left shooter lane during a pretty good game I was having the other night. they only came out when the missing ball solenoids started firing. directions on mode select say hit buttons during game to select mode. I don't see anything change when I hit them. I glanced through the manual quickly and nothing jumped out so I figured I'd ask the experts before digging in deeper to save time

#596 9 years ago

putting that color DMD in is like ....having a new game! Awesome!

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i have a question about the left launch button and mode select. neither seems to work but i dont know when they are used. i had two balls get trapped in the left shooter lane during a pretty good game I was having the other night. they only came out when the missing ball solenoids started firing. directions on mode select say hit buttons during game to select mode. I don't see anything change when I hit them. I glanced through the manual quickly and nothing jumped out so I figured I'd ask the experts before digging in deeper to save time

That switch is dead, or it's not fully connected.

Go into Switch Edge test and press that button. You'll probably not see/hear any indication that you pressed it. If so, I'd open it up and take a look at that area, are the wires disconnected or loose? If I recall, that area is extremely close to the playfield when it is raised and lowered, so something could easily have been disturbed.

If the balls go into the left shooter lane from an air-raid shot, you should have to manually launch them back out (which, you cannot do since your button doesn't work). However, if they go in there on their own, they should be kicked back out immediately without you having to do anything. If this isn't happening, then you probably have an issue with the switch that sits at the base of the left shooter lane.

#598 9 years ago

Lined up next to my TOTAN and SOF. I plan to put a small shelf on the wall beside it for some misc. Dredd memorabilia and such, possibly some JD related artwork.

1OwQWgb[1].jpg1OwQWgb[1].jpg

#599 9 years ago

Topper question - I just got a new topper but haven't been able to find a mounting bracket, before I spend time trying to make one myself I figured it would be alright just to sit the topper on the backbox without mounting it, anybody else do that or should I really mount it?

#600 9 years ago

You could. Just remember to remove the topper if you plan on bringing the head down. A member on here sent me a bracket, so they are out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.