Topic Stats

• 3,674 posts
  • 414 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by durgee7
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,050 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200503_132228 (resized).jpg
20200503_124356 (resized).jpg
20200503_124340 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200503-092317_Chrome (resized).jpg
20200502_203350 (resized).jpg
20200502_203350 (resized).jpg
a7e372c23bb0acf6eb7545dec4d8f7b945b98279 (resized).jpg
E64AEBEA-664F-4E65-9933-28BAECEC72E6 (resized).jpeg
B534D1C7-3E77-440F-9BEC-ED549696DA9F (resized).jpeg
DSCN6816 (resized).JPG
DSCN6817 (resized).JPG
D9F38FC3-AA97-4875-B7C4-562E10D913AC (resized).jpeg
BC7C2A1D-7064-4E88-9351-81F159F5F289 (resized).jpeg
B616E118-44B5-4C5D-B725-AA4C4215A564 (resized).jpeg
12E2AC0D-5894-4748-9387-4A61405667A5 (resized).jpeg
102BF71E-20E2-4B79-BB40-5DCDC822D5B1 (resized).jpeg

There are 3674 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 74.
#501 5 years ago

To my knowledge this plastic is not repo'd yet ...

But the pic i posted there should be a nice start for a DIY plastic

#502 5 years ago

Somebody should make those plastics. I'd buy one.

I don't remember ever starting multiball from the upper flipper before. But I took a good whack with the left one and watched that ball get sideways in the ramp and on up into orbit. The amazement broke my concentration and multiball was short.

#503 5 years ago

I just love this machine.
I've been owning it for only three months, but I've already played an impressive amount of hours!

But there's something I need to know.
On the left ramp, this diverter which is supposed to send the ball towards the planet, apart from Deadworld mode, when does it activate?
In other words, how can I lock a ball during a game, apart from launching the ball a bit too slowly into this ramp??

#504 5 years ago

On mine it only diverts on the 3rd lock. This was of course was before adding the deadworld mod which then diverts the ball to the rings on every lock. You need the Deadworld mod which I suggest everyone to get!

#505 5 years ago

Okay! So that's what I had understood!
Well, I really don't know why it was made this way!
Can't figure out how you can lock a ball on purpose...

Thanks for the info anyway!

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Okay! So that's what I had understood!
Well, I really don't know why it was made this way!
Can't figure out how you can lock a ball on purpose...
Thanks for the info anyway!

What, you mean yours never diverts the ball to the deadworld? The first two locks are always virtual locks and then the third shot to the ramp should divert it to the deadworld and start multiball. Also in the SuperGame one of the modes diverts nearly every ramp shot to the deadworld.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Anyone interested in me making new Pursuit plastics? Does it light up during gameplay?

yes the pursuit plastics have 2 906 flashers in them. I have a spare set .

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

What, you mean yours never diverts the ball to the deadworld? The first two locks are always virtual locks and then the third shot to the ramp should divert it to the deadworld and start multiball. Also in the SuperGame one of the modes diverts nearly every ramp shot to the deadworld.

Well, it works for the Deadworld mode in Super Game...
Ooooooooooooh, ok! I think I understand now!!
When you talk about virtual lock, you mean i just have to go to the left ramp, the ball will go all the way to the right flipper, and it'll be considered as a lock?

In that case, the fact that i have an error message concerning switch 64, left ramp exit, this captor at the top right, could be at the center of this issue...

#509 5 years ago

This is correct. Without the mod the switch will register two "virtual locks" when the 3rd ball hits the left ramp switch it should divert the ball to the planet.

#510 5 years ago

Right!
So i definitely should find a way to solve this problem!

#511 5 years ago

Looks like I am going to rejoin the club after almost 2 years since selling my first JD. Does anyone know where I can find a set of head decals?

#512 5 years ago

Alriiiiight!
I happened to get some spare opto parts, and in the end, it was just an unsoldered wire.
That changes everything, and Normal Game finally is interesting!
Thanks guys!

#513 5 years ago

I'm still itching to put mine on route,
this is my 2nd JD and will be enjoyed by many!

1 week later
#514 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Alriiiiight!
I happened to get some spare opto parts, and in the end, it was just an unsoldered wire.
That changes everything, and Normal Game finally is interesting!
Thanks guys!

I have the same symptoms can you post pics or more details on what wire was unattached or what you fixed to get the diverter to work please?

Cheers

#515 5 years ago

Well, basically, what you need to know is that the diverter will only work for the third ball .The first two will be considered locked just by passing on the left ramp.
During the game, when the ball goes on the left ramp, there should be a motorbike sound, with a little video with it. If you don't have it, your opto isn't functional indeed.

One good technique to verify it is to use a digital camera : shooting around the playfield, you should see white lights coming out of the optos. On mine, the one that was a problem didn't show no light.

In the end, i just unscrewed and took away the left ramp (5 minutes) and realized one wire was not connected anymore.
But you may have to change the led, if that's what is dead.
If you don't have one and you don't want to spend your money on shipping fees, you can do it with an old remote control. Just dismantle it, take the opto and put it instead if the one that's not working.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Well, basically, what you need to know is that the diverter will only work for the third ball .The first two will be considered locked just by passing on the left ramp.
During the game, when the ball goes on the left ramp, there should be a motorbike sound, with a little video with it. If you don't have it, your opto isn't functional indeed.
One good technique to verify it is to use a digital camera : shooting around the playfield, you should see white lights coming out of the optos. On mine, the one that was a problem didn't show no light.
In the end, i just unscrewed and took away the left ramp (5 minutes) and realized one wire was not connected anymore.
But you may have to change the led, if that's what is dead.
If you don't have one and you don't want to spend your money on shipping fees, you can do it with an old remote control. Just dismantle it, take the opto and put it instead if the one that's not working.

Thanks for the response, I get the bike sound every time however it never diverts the third ball but always starts multiball after the third virtual lock and the diverter works when in test mode, is there a specific opto just for the diverter?

1 week later
#517 5 years ago

I joined this club on Sunday, and while I'm still getting to know this game and working out the kinks in my machine, I have to say this is one of my favorite pinball machines I've played. I love the look and flow of it, really one of the fastest machines I've ever played.

However I think my deadworld is spinning the wrong way. The planet runs the opposite direction of the rings, so I think the gearing is correct. But the rings are rotating clockwise, so they just fall out onto the playfield, never making it around to the crane arm. I assume this is incorrect because the crane serves no purpose set up like this. If someone can confirm my logic here I'll try switching the wires at the motor to reverse it's direction.

#518 5 years ago

Definitely rotating in the wrong direction. I didn't make my own video but this one on youtube confirms.

#519 5 years ago

Tonedef clockwise is right. You need the deadworld mod or the balls will never sit on the rings. Deadworld mod has circles on it. The non version has slots.

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

Tonedef clockwise is right.

COUNTER clockwise, as seen in video, is the right way, not clockwise

#521 5 years ago

::slaps forehead:: I stand corrected. Somehow I thought the rings rotated clockwise without the mod and counter with it. Forgive my misguided judgement.

#522 5 years ago

It was definitely spinning the wrong way, clockwise it would fall out after like an eighth of a turn. I reversed the wires and now it's spinning the right direction and carries it over to the crane arm. The timing seems to be off on that so I still need to work on it, but a few friends showed up so I had to put it back together so we could play. The crane arm is supposed to pick up the ball even without the mod, right?

#523 5 years ago

Yes, without the mod the ball is supposed to move counterclockwise over to the crane, get picked up by the crane and dropped through the opto and onto the left orbit. Only the third ball will get diverted to the deadworld, the first two are virtual locks and continue on the ramp all the way over to the right inlanes.

#524 5 years ago

If it turned clockwise the ball would never come out regardless if you have or don't have the Deadworld mod installed because there is a small lip that holds the ball in place for the disc to pick up as it turns counter clockwise.

JD ball lock.jpg

I had to recently uninstall my Deadworld mod which I installed last weekend as I was having issues with my crane not picking up the ball consistently. I went to adjust the black cam lifter wheel to align the slip in the wheel with the opto at the optimal time and the threaded nut for the set screw came out and was hanging by a thread as previous owner used some sort of epoxy or glue.

15403221668_f4976196b4_b.jpg

15586670981_310c9d11c9_b.jpg

I could probaby MacGyver something to make it work this weekend but at least now I have a better understand of how the mechanism works. More details of my install and findings here:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3178

I see pinbits has the part I need but it is sold out and the only place I can find it is Pinball Spare Parts Australia. I will be placing an order in shortly and picking up a few other unique parts for my other games to have as back ups to make the shipping worthwhile to Canada. For now I just put the original production rom back in, original disc with slits so the locked ball can be unloaded during multi-ball and unplugged the crane sit it is sitting too low and hitting things on both sides.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

If it turned clockwise the ball would never come out regardless if you have or don't have the Deadworld mod installed because there is a small lip that holds the ball in place for the disc to pick up as it turns counter clockwise.

Well that holds the ball till the disc grabs it, but it's inconsequential to the direction it's rotating. Once the relief in the disc (hole or slot) reaches the ball it drops down low enough to clear the steel. This is why you can keep the balls rotating during the deadworld mod, there is enough clearance that they just pass right under that bracket.

I have a question about a potential software glitch and I'm wondering if any of you have encountered it. We were playing 3 player last night and on the third players last ball he got multiball and the drain shield lasted from probably about 2 minuets even after the light went off. Every time he would drain it would just keep relaunching the balls into play and eventually said "drain shield deactivated" and it ended. Is there something you can do to be awarded this, or was it an error?

#526 5 years ago

If it kept serving balls even after the drain shield light went off you probably have an opto error - the machine lost track of the number of balls out on the playfield. Probably crane opto.

viperrwk

#527 5 years ago

Perhaps, I haven't adjusted my planet/crane yet so that may fix it. However right now it doesn't pick balls up at all, they just rotate until they fall onto the playfield. Which is what happened that time just like every time, so I'm not sure why it doesn't happen every time if that's the case.

1 week later
#528 5 years ago

Does anyone have a lamp wiring diagram more detailed than what the manual has? I have a red/grey dead end wire that came loose and I have no idea where it's supposed to go. It powers the meltdown and mystery and comes out of the wire bundle with the rest of the wires that go to the drop target/jackpot circuit board.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Does anyone have a lamp wiring diagram more detailed than what the manual has? I have a red/grey dead end wire that came loose and I have no idea where it's supposed to go. It powers the meltdown and mystery and comes out of the wire bundle with the rest of the wires that go to the drop target/jackpot circuit board.

Does this help? The same wire passes through one of the Crime scene light boards as well, looks red/light blue to me though <<could be my dodgy eyes of course

DSC01054.JPG DSC01053.JPG
#530 5 years ago

Yes if I trace it back it passes through the right ramp crime scene on the very top then goes to meltdown. My confusion comes from the fact that my drop target lamp board harness is already full. Does it double up on one? If I poke it in the end one it lights meltdown and mystery but doesn't work during meltdown mode so where it goes seems to matter.

Also you seem to have more wires going to your meltdown board than I do. What's up with the brown and black/white wires?

image.jpg image-387.jpg
#531 5 years ago

Got it. It was supposed to loop through but it broke so cleanly I couldn't tell it was supposed to be part of the other wire.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Also you seem to have more wires going to your meltdown board than I do. What's up with the brown and black/white wires?

Those other wires going to the lamp socket are for the shooter lane led light Mod. Good to hear you got it sorted

3 weeks later
#533 5 years ago

Sorry wrong thread.

#534 5 years ago

I have been playing a lot of Dredd lately and have been taking it to new levels. I love this game! However, there does seem to be a glitch in the software with the deadworld mod. On a left ramp shot that didn't quite make it around and fell into the planet even though it wasn't diverted pretty much ruined the rest of the game and I had to restart the machine and clear error codes to bring it back to normal.

It was going into ball search and then counted the locked balls but wouldn't release them for multiball. Over and over.

#535 5 years ago

I'm stuck on the first rom as I have the extra opto board. When I back door a ball into deadworld it turns it to the drain and removes it.

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have been playing a lot of Dredd lately and have been taking it to new levels. I love this game! However, there does seem to be a glitch in the software with the deadworld mod. On a left ramp shot that didn't quite make it around and fell into the planet even though it wasn't diverted pretty much ruined the rest of the game and I had to restart the machine and clear error codes to bring it back to normal.
It was going into ball search and then counted the locked balls but wouldn't release them for multiball. Over and over.

Interesting I havehad that happen and it doesn't seem to mess the game up

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Interesting I havehad that happen and it doesn't seem to mess the game up

I'm trying to remember the exact circumstances, but I know it started after a ball unintended went into deadworld. It finally unloaded the ball, but after that the deadworld became a place for lost balls. It would go dimensional phase one thru three, but wouldn't start multiball.

#538 5 years ago

You should check all your optos. My JD with Deadworld mod never behaved that way including the times a weak shot caused the ball to go to the Deadworld. It seems your machine doesn't think a ball is on the ring.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You should check all your optos. My JD with Deadworld mod never behaved that way including the times a weak shot caused the ball to go to the Deadworld. It seems your machine doesn't think a ball is on the ring.

Everything is fine. I have played many games since then with no problem. But it does seem it did not know a ball had been loaded into the planet or it would have pulled it out right away without going into ball search. Maybe it was a combination of elements at that point in the game or for that one time the inlet opto didn't catch it going in.

Things get weird anytime the optos don't count one ball in for every ball out. That I learned a long time ago. But it has always worked fine until that one moment. If there is a problem with an opto, I will know it soon enough, I'm sure.

3 weeks later
#540 5 years ago

Looking for a red deadwood mod kit.

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Looking for a red deadwood mod kit

Go to www.pinbits.com ,i'm pretty sure they have the red deadworld kit.

#542 5 years ago

Good news!!! Color DMD for us!! Super excited.

335931-i.jpg
#543 5 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO, and about time too i must say. When is the release date?

#544 5 years ago

Can't wait to see the video--from that still it looks like they did a great job colorizing it.

#545 5 years ago

Can't wait!!

#546 5 years ago

Cabinet stripped, Bondo, primed, painted and decals added. Cherry

IMG_20141218_194553.jpg

IMG_20141218_195050.jpg

#547 5 years ago

Looking good! Nice stack of PSW-10s there too.

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

335931-i.jpg 32 KB

When...........WHEN.........WWWWHHHHEEEENNNN???? Dammit, when???????????

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

Cabinet stripped, Bondo, primed, painted and decals added. Cherry

Where did you get your decals from? They look really great!

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Sure, and a before pic for good measure

194501.jpg 235 KB

194503.jpg 333 KB

194505.jpg 424 KB

194508.jpg 396 KB

194506.jpg 352 KB

You guys make me jealous how you make your machines look. I have a nice JD that came with 1gen led's that look like crap. I really should get some good led's and put up some spot lights so playfield isn't so dark, too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 55.00
There are 3674 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 74.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside