Dredd (3D Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) $6

By simplykind

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Best Buy.com has Dredd (3D Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) on sale for $5.99. Select free in-store pickup to save on shipping, otherwise free shipping on orders $35 or more.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dredd-blu-ray-3d-3-d-digital-copy/7055374.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0&id=2634484&skuId=7055374

Alternatively, Amazon.com also has Dredd (3D Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) on sale for $5.99. If you don't have Prime, there's free 30-day trial with free 2-day shipping, video streaming & more available.
http://www.amazon.com/Dredd-Blu-Ray-Digital-Copy-UltraViolet/dp/B005LAII80/ref=lh_ni_t

I haven't seen this yet but supposedly it's WAY better than the original Stallone version.

Post edited by simplykind

#2 9 years ago

Yeah, love this movie.

#3 9 years ago

It's THE Dredd movie. Hope they find a way to make a sequel

#4 9 years ago

Sweet just ordered it, thanks for the heads up!!!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from krazy53:

Sweet just ordered it, thanks for the heads up!!!

NP! Sounds like a great movie that flopped at the box office due to bad marketing. I, for one, never knew about it. Looking forward to it!

#6 9 years ago

Personally, I really liked the movie. The 3D effects when they're on "slo-mo" were pretty cool. They kept it pretty serious without it being cheesy.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for posting this in all pinball instead if off topic . Drained.

#8 9 years ago

Its a good remake. It was released around the time of the Total Recall remake. I liked them.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I haven't seen this yet but supposedly it's WAY better than the original Stallone version.

Ha...that's not too hard.

#10 9 years ago

Just got a bunch more 3D Blu Rays (over 80 now!) I wish Lucy was in 3D! (Gotta watch Frozen, I guess!)

#11 9 years ago

3D Blue Ray is always better with full CGI films (such as MegaMind). I was like 3D, but the film needs to be produced with that in mind instead as an after thought. Tron would have been great in 3D, but it only had a few light cycle scenes and that was it. I was dissapointed.

Dont be hate'n on the 80's over the top movies. It was a popular method at the time. But I agree. the new version is much closer to the character. And it would be great to see a sequel. Maybe some one should start crowdfunding for one (as that may be the only way to get it made)!

I would like to see Karl Urban playing a Dredd pinball with a good quip, in such a movie.

#12 9 years ago

Watched it a few weeks ago for the first time, and just bought it via Amazon right now.
Tyvm

#13 9 years ago

Bought

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

3D Blue Ray is always better with full CGI films (such as MegaMind). I was like 3D, but the film needs to be produced with that in mind instead as an after thought.

Dredd was shot in 3D - and it looks fantastic!

Megamind looks great in 3D - actually all the Dreamworks movies do....they really know how to push the depth & give you some good pop-out gimmicks.

#15 9 years ago

This version any good? The Sylvester Stallone one was pretty weak.

#16 9 years ago

This one is very good. The Stallone one sucked

#17 9 years ago

If you are squeamish you might want to avoid it, but other than that it is a great movie.

#18 9 years ago

Love this movie! Was surprised by how good it was.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Thanks for posting this in all pinball instead if off topic . Drained.

Annnnnd the most useless comment of the day...Congrats

#21 9 years ago

When I first heard of this I thought it was straight to DVD kind of movie but man was I wrong, the director needs to take over some other beloved franchise like ST, or Terminator for god's sake.

Edit: thanks for the heads up...bought as well.

#22 9 years ago

Let's face Dredd is something that you could screw up real easy. This movie got exactly the right tone and feel for Dredd. It didn't try to over do it. Just focused on the plot and visually was great. I'd say hats off the Karl but he was great and true to the character, including keeping the helmet on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-3d-blu-rayblu-ray-digital-copy-ultraviolet-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.