(Topic ID: 8726)

Dream Themes

By DEVILinIRON

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CareyE.jpg
    dougB.jpg
    sendak1.jpg
    hell2.jpg
    hell1.jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

What themes do you think would make good pinball tables? I guess I'll start off with Hellraiser, since that's my avatar. In order to reach the wizard mode the player has to unlock Pandora's Box. All the while Pinhead could be taunting the player. And maybe the style of the table could be something like Centaur. I've got a lot of other dream themes. What are yours?

#2 12 years ago

Awesome idea with Hellraiser! Phantasm could be cool too...for obvious spherical reasons..

Harry Potter

Dr Seuss (this is my theme if I ever were to build a custom, though I couldn't do it justice. So much could be done!)

The Beatles

Pink Floyd

Metroid (Prime Pinball was a cool DS game...the "traditional" parts could translate well)

A really great Star Wars game, which we've never had (DE was decent, Ep1 was ok...I want a GREAT one based on the entire saga, but would settle for Clone Wars even...as long as it was awesome)

Another great Star Trek game, even if it was based on the reboot (but DS9 would rock!)

Ford Mustang (could be done similar to Corvette with collecting the different eras and special editions)

Black Knight 3000

Zombies (prefer based on Romero's work) or Walking Dead (I know this is a popular answer, but I wanted one long before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon... endless possibilities!

Beavis & Butthead

#3 12 years ago

Zombies, zombies, zombies! Or maybe a haunted house or spooky graveyard theme. I know Gottlieb covered that, but it could use a spin with current technology. The possibilities are endless for a cool machine in the horror arena. Light-hearted or serious, either one floats my boat.

Unrealistic, but nevertheless a personal dream, would be an Iron Maiden themed pin. Eddie bash toy, spooky art, killer music, and "Can I play with MADNESS MULTIBALL"!!! Where do I sign up??

-Craig

#4 12 years ago

Nightmare before Christmas.
    Harry Potter
    Halo
    Rocky (Sly)

And if I could have anything I want. Dream Theater pin. They are a rock band.

#5 12 years ago

Iron Maiden (I'd buy it)
    Megadeth (I'd probably buy it)
    Nine Inch Nails (I'd probably buy it)
    UFC (I might buy it)
    X-Men (I'd probably buy it)

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Iron Maiden (I'd buy it)

They already have it:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1270

#7 12 years ago

Harry Potter

Zombie theme

Would love to see a Submarine themed one during WW2 chasing uboats would be killer!

#8 12 years ago

Alice in Wonderland (a one-off exists)
    Pulp Fiction
    Rollerball

#9 12 years ago

Die Hard
    Death Wish 3
    Commando
    And an 'As Seen on T.V.' where you try to win Snuggies, Popeil Pocket Fishermen, George Foreman Grills and CLR amongst others....

#10 12 years ago

Bill and Ted makes a lot is sense. The phone buttons in the middle lighting as you collect Joan of Arc and Socrates. Maybe even a raising and lowering phone booth. Circuits of time/Waterloo habitrails. It lends itself well, I think.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Black Knight 3000

+100!

Someone just needs to make a physical version of this:

not sure if that's still relevant (though I would love it). Of course, there is rumor there is a written script for a part 3:
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1661245/keanu-reeves-bill-and-ted-3.jhtml

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Natetheviking:

Bill and Ted makes a lot is sense

+1 the wife and i were bill and ted for Halloween this year.

#13 12 years ago

Harry Potter
    World of Warcraft
    Lego's

#14 12 years ago

Monty Python

"Say no more!"

#15 12 years ago

My top 5 dream pins;

1. The Matrix - "Mr. Anderson...welcome back. We missed you!"

2. NHL Hockey - with of course my beloved Red Wings logo front and center on the backglass.

3. Rush - Canada's pride and joy. Soooo many graphic designs for their albums.

4. Lego - I'll second this one. Have baseplates in different spots, and you can customize your own playfield toys!

5. The Fifth Element - Tons of great quotes in this one too. "Lelu Dallas. Mutli Ball!"

Later,
    EV

#16 12 years ago

Pulp Fiction
    Alien vs. Predator

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

The Fifth Element Lelu Dallas. Mutli Ball!

that would be hilarious!

"Are you classified as 2nd player? negative, I am a meat popsicle!"
    "O.K. There's a silverball of fire, it's 1200 miles in diameter headin straight for Earth, and we have no idea how to stop it. THAT's the problem"

#18 12 years ago

This thread already happened but...

MIB3

#19 12 years ago

Ghostbusters
    Harry Potter
    Princess Bride (inconceivable!!)
    Star Wars (by JJP)
    Xmen
    Justice League
    Supernatural (hunt urban legends and battle the devil)
    Chris Angel Mindfreak (Magic - Are you ready?)
    Return to Funhouse (Rudy's back)

#20 12 years ago

Oh, Ghostbusters is a good one.

I would rather see David Blaine over Crisscross Angel, though.

#21 12 years ago

Harry Potter, but I am dying to see a new and improved South Park! They have so much more material and could make a machine 100X better.

#22 12 years ago

Ghostbusters - First of all, admit it "Busting makes you feel good"!! You could do some really cool things with that theme leading up to wizard mode where ....blackout...shaker....shaker... arms inflate out of side of cabinet and top of head for the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man final battle!!! Three balls have to hit alternate ramps to cross the streams. LED's on ramps replicate streams....

OK ate too much candy tonight. I admit it.

#23 12 years ago

Too many choices not enough space! Plus, I said my fill on the older thread...

...Here.

But as for theme...
    Harry Potter tops the list.
    I would even pop for a $800 licensing fee if JJP was at the helm!

But am I the only one on here who still wished AFM was 'Mars Attacks' instead???
    Where's my Time Machine?!?
    As for the thread...
    I have too many to list so I will abbreviate!
    BJ or BG(?), GB, TM, TNBC, AS, IM, WIL, AKIRA, CBB, KB, BR, UHF, IOTBS, TVB, AVP, YIJ, AW, PWBA, AIW, MAC, CB, HB, TI, TIG, AOD, FR, SH, COR, 7S or S7 , 3A, BATEA, MPATHG, COTT, TC,
    I could keep going... (kidding)
    Oh and of course-
    "HTZBFBTBH"!!!!

Looking back it probably wasn't the best way to describe my wishlist...
    The IM was for 'Iron Maiden', (the band) if any of you cared...
    So far so good though!

#27 12 years ago

Area 51,Let the designers figure out the details.

#28 12 years ago

I would not mind "Saw" and "Futurama" themes

#29 12 years ago

I've always thought The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy would make a fantastic pin.

#30 12 years ago

1. Avengers (might be happening!)
    2. Spartacus (the Starz TV show)
    3. An updated Star Wars.
    4. Hulk/Captain America based on the comics not the movies
    5. Metallica!

#31 12 years ago

Forrest Gump
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original movie)
    The Beatles
    Harry Potter
    The Avengers
    Disney World
    Planet of the Apes
    A general Cats vs. Dogs theme
    Justice League Superheroes
    A top notch Star Wars based on all 6 movies
    Clash of the Titans
    The Hobbit
    Sherlock Holmes movies

#32 12 years ago

Scooby Doo (Not the movies)
    Avengers (Comic first choice, but won't happen)
    World of Warcraft (Love Medieval themed pins)

#33 12 years ago

White Stripes
    Major League Baseball with all 32 backglasses available
    R.E.M.
    Ferrari
    The Black Keys
    A James Bond pin that's similar to DW(you can choose which Bond you play as)
    Lamborghini
    Lego
    Pearl Jam

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Oh, Ghostbusters is a good one.

That's a great suggestion.

#35 12 years ago

American Graffiti
    Apocalypse now
    Return of the living dead
    Deadliest Catch
    The Brady Bunch (joking)

#36 12 years ago

House Of 1000 corpses
    Natural born killers
    Pink floyd (my dream pin)

#37 12 years ago

Said it b4 in another thread aaaaaaaand....

A NHL themed table....sooooo much can be done with a table nowadays and the sport of hockey is fast moving...just like pinball. My cab would be orange&black....all the way.

Clerks.
    Zombies.
    Bacon.
    Thundercats.
    Beavis and butthead.

#38 12 years ago

As I was writing my list, I knew I was forgetting something very obvious. Looking through other peoples lists I found it...The Matrix. I am honestly amazed that this machine didn't get made. Ghostbusters is another great one.

And Pinballerchef...your list, especially with the inclusion of Clerks, makes you the winner of the internet. It would be tough to implement a 37 (in a row?) ball multiball though... LOL!

Also loving the Sherlock Holmes, Saw, and Princess Bride ideas, no matter how unlikely (er..inconceivable). Avengers sounds pretty likely from the rumors I have heard. I'd also be pretty surprised if they didn't shoot for MIB3...lots of possibilities and would make a great machine.

#39 12 years ago

I agree with Lego and fifth element. Would also love to see ones based on movies I grew up with. Last starfighter
    Labryinth
    Dark Crystal (actually heard a sequal was supposed to be I the works)

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

And Pinballerchef...your list, especially with the inclusion of Clerks, makes you the winner of the internet. It would be tough to implement a 37 (in a row?) ball multiball though... LOL!

Haha....CLASSIC!

#41 12 years ago

I've been struggling with this idea myself, mainly because on my schedule is to make a pinball machine. I won't start for about a year on the construction, because I'm currently on an arcade machine which will take up that year. The ideas I had were:

The Time Machine
    Starcraft

I can see doing Hellraiser though. I wonder if Clive Barker would allow me license, cause I'd do that in a second. Btw, here's some Hellraiser art for you that I did last week.

Barry

hell1.jpghell1.jpg hell2.jpghell2.jpg

#42 12 years ago

Anything in the horror genre would work for me. Original or licensed, I'm not fussy.

#43 12 years ago

Sonic Spinball. Hands down. This may not be impossible in the near future with both pinball and Sonic's image in general going "back to basics."

#44 12 years ago

I know it's inconceivable but The Princess Bride. Also, The Goonies would of been cool.

#45 12 years ago

Dr. Seuss....Love that idea. And family friendly.

#46 12 years ago

Stern just updated their facebook and blog with a theoretical Zelda theme.

It seems that they've been throwing out a lot of feelers for things.. They tossed out a Muppets idea last week.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from Snurdley:

I know it's inconceivable but The Princess Bride.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.LOL.

#48 12 years ago

I said it before... Time Bandits!!!

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dream-themes/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.