Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200823_153607 (resized).jpg
    p1040229 (resized).jpg
    20200731_152205 (resized).jpg
    MBr 005 (resized).JPG
    fdb385083a264cff9ee73047bea91ca6bcc0048f (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    up (resized).jpg
    tv (resized).jpg
    main4 (resized).jpg
    main3 (resized).jpg
    main2 (resized).jpg
    main (resized).jpg
    20200729_112732 (resized).jpg
    20200729_112711 (resized).jpg
    20200729_112805 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I have a nice little spooky/monster row shaping up in my game room. Makes me happy as I've always wanted one. I have room for 6 in a row and currently have these 5:

BSD, EATPM, MB, HH, and ACNC

I can grab 1 more, or maybe chop the weakest 1 and grab 2 more.

Some other monster pins I like are TWD LE, TFTC, and Creech.

TWD - challenging and intense, but not much of a looker

TFTC is good fun and good bang for buck, but not much of a looker

Creech is gorgeous and has lots of charm, but is fairly shallow and easy vs the other 2.

I'm torn on how best to finish off this row. And I may be forgetting a good monster pin or two. Help me out. What would you guys do?

#2 3 years ago

Go all in, get all monster themed games, and host a great Halloween party.

#3 3 years ago

Creature has a soft spot in my heart and I think it’s one of the prettiest games out there and the theme is integrated perfectly. There isnt too much going on rules wise but it is kinda tricky to master especially with the 2 ball multi ball. Like you said it’s shallow but it’s fun. I’ve had 3 Creechs over the years just because of that “charm” that you mentioned but it definitely lacks depth. If you want depth definitely go TWD, if you want pretty go creature..it will get repetitive but there is something about it that makes you feel good.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Go all in, get all monster themed games, and host a great Halloween party.

LOL. You might be onto something. I'd have to dump some nice shit like Met, Maiden, MM, but that would be bad ass.

I think I dig these monster pins because I was born around Halloween. It has always been my favorite time of year.

#5 3 years ago

EHOH. Check the thread, it is out of control awesome

#6 3 years ago

Hi,

Have you thought of Sega's Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?

It is an interesting pinball machine.

Cheers,

Chris

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have a nice little spooky/monster row shaping up in my game room. Makes me happy as I've always wanted one. I have room for 6 in a row and currently have these 5:
    Creech is gorgeous and has lots of charm, but is fairly shallow and easy vs the other 2.
    I'm torn on how best to finish off this row. And I may be forgetting a good monster pin or two. Help me out. What would you guys do?

What about EHOH, SS, IM, POTO, class of 1812, bone busters, medusa, magic castle, GB, Rob zombies spookshow international, ST, MSF, or even JP?
    I suppose it depends on exactly what "monsters" we are talking about. Classic monsters? Movie monsters? Just "spooky" as an overall theme? Ghosts? Beasts?
    Only you can really answer that. There are a lot of great options.

My personal "dream" lineup of 6 would be:
    MB, TWD, GB, EHOH or SS, BSD, and ACNC

#8 3 years ago

currently have these 5:

I know a guy with most of those, plus Frankenstein, Stern Dracula, and a couple others I'm forgetting. One of the coolest small/medium collections I've had the joy of playing. Total monster theme.

#9 3 years ago

TWD is a better pin than any of the games you mentions. Its a keeper for me.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Hi,
    Have you thought of Sega's Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?
    It is an interesting pinball machine.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Yes. Fun pin. Wouldnt make my top 6 monster pins, but maybe in a larger collection.

Quoted from hoby1:

TWD is a better pin than any of the games you mentions. Its a keeper for me.

I think you are right.

Quoted from Daditude:

What about EHOH, SS, IM, POTO, class of 1812, bone busters, medusa, magic castle, GB, Rob zombies spookshow international, ST, MSF, or even JP?
    I suppose it depends on exactly what "monsters" we are talking about. Classic monsters? Movie monsters? Just "spooky" as an overall theme? Ghosts? Beasts?
    Only you can really answer that. There are a lot of great options.
    My personal "dream" lineup of 6 would be:
    MB, TWD, GB, EHOH or SS, BSD, and ACNC

Thanks for all the good suggestions. By IM do you mean Maiden? GB hadn't crossed my mind, but it should have. Need more time on EHOH.

I had the nicest POTO with an NOS playfield that I sold about 6 months ago before this idea crossed my mind.

#11 3 years ago

Yes. Fun pin. Wouldnt make my top 6 monster pins, but maybe in a larger collection.

I think you are right.

Thanks for all the good suggestions. By IM do you mean Maiden? GB hadn't crossed my mind, but it should have. Need more time on EHOH.
    I had the nicest POTO with an NOS playfield that I sold about 6 months ago before this idea crossed my mind.

Yes, I was meaning Iron Maiden. Great game. It has Eddie as the mummy/zombie monster that I think would fit in very well with a monster lineup. I see that you already have one in your collection. I would think it would fit in perfectly...but then again, I suppose it all comes down to your criteria for "monster" pins. Out of your list on the original post, TWD would be my choice, however.

EHOH is also really awesome, and people are starting to realize it. I think it could easily replace eatpm in that lineup.

I am also a fan of the spooky/monster themes. As far as the others go (whichever ones don't make the lineup), I would recommend getting the flyers or play field's for them and putting them up as decorations to complete your setup. I have done this, and it looks incredible. I will take a couple of pics in a moment and post them.

#12 3 years ago

I am moving some things around currently, but here are some pics:

20200729_112711 (resized).jpg20200729_112711 (resized).jpg20200729_112732 (resized).jpg20200729_112732 (resized).jpg20200729_112805 (resized).jpg20200729_112805 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago

Bally vampire

#14 3 years ago

Rob Zombie's Spookshow International. Haters gonna hate, but it's a criminally underrated pin. Captain Spaulding for President!

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am moving some things around currently, but here are some pics:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those flyers do look good. I like HH so much I'm considering buying the new of set from Mirco. It's big bucks though. $1100. Ouch

#16 3 years ago

Lots of good games in the monster category. Here's my collection, I have pushed the row with TWD closer to each other since I took these pics and added a GB pro on the end. X-Files is at a friends house at the moment. There are a few more I want but I'm out of space even after taking over a room upstairs last year.

Quoted from yancy:

I know a guy with most of those, plus Frankenstein, Stern Dracula, and a couple others I'm forgetting. One of the coolest small/medium collections I've had the joy of playing. Total monster theme.

Thanks Yancy, I can't wait till we can get back to having pin gatherings again.

main (resized).jpgmain (resized).jpgmain2 (resized).jpgmain2 (resized).jpgmain3 (resized).jpgmain3 (resized).jpgmain4 (resized).jpgmain4 (resized).jpgtv (resized).jpgtv (resized).jpgup (resized).jpgup (resized).jpg
    #17 3 years ago

I’ve always loved Freddy!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #18 3 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

Thanks Yancy, I can't wait till we can get back to having pin gatherings again.

I take back the "small collection" comment! Forgot about half of those. My memory must be foggy from all the rum.

#19 3 years ago

My MB came with this topper that I eventually removed. Let me know if you are interested in it. I live in Pleasant Hill.

fdb385083a264cff9ee73047bea91ca6bcc0048f (resized).jpgfdb385083a264cff9ee73047bea91ca6bcc0048f (resized).jpg
    #20 3 years ago

I like HH so much I'm considering buying the new of set from Mirco.

I got a HH recently and the main PF was pretty bad with planking and wear. I saw a way better one on ebay for $200 so I jumped at it. Once I got the game working I realized that the wear on the playfield kind of works with the theme of an old haunted house and I actually think it looks great as is!

#21 3 years ago

After selling off all my games I bought back my Addams and picked up a MBr yesterday, next pin will be SSTIF if I can find one in So Cal.

MBr 005 (resized).JPGMBr 005 (resized).JPG
    #22 3 years ago

If you want some horror/monster themed pins that are more unique how about Alien, King Kong or Godzilla?

#23 3 years ago

Or bigfoot,loch ness monster

#24 3 years ago

Does SOF count? Lionman fighting the Balrog.

20200731_152205 (resized).jpg20200731_152205 (resized).jpg
    #25 3 years ago

My personal "dream lineup"of 6 would be:

MB, TWD, GB, EHOH, ACNC and TFTC

Different Layouts and lots of fun

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

Or bigfoot,loch ness monster

Now we're talking! But I'd have a better chance of finding the real Bigfoot and Loch Ness Monster.

Quoted from DavidCPA:

Does SOF count? Lionman fighting the Balrog.
    [quoted image]

I think that's a stretch.

#27 3 years ago

That is one hell of a lineup ssbodyman.Jealous for sure.And in the spirit of pinside....Lionman

#28 3 years ago

Nice to see the Alvin G Mystery Castle. That's the one I would add, and I did! I also have X-Files and BSD. Oh yeah, and GB Premium!

The other one I include in the spooky category is Fun House: Rudy can be pretty creepy especially at Midnight when he's asleep!

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Nice to see the Alvin G Mystery Castle. That's the one I would add, and I did! I also have X-Files and BSD. Oh yeah, and GB Premium!
    The other one I include in the spooky category is Fun House: Rudy can be pretty creepy especially at Midnight when he's asleep!

Not mine. I wish.

p1040229 (resized).jpgp1040229 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #30 3 years ago

Made a trade offer for a TWD. Didnt work out. Picked up a Creech instead. Very happy with it. Monster row is complete.

20200823_153607 (resized).jpg20200823_153607 (resized).jpg

#31 3 years ago

Made a trade offer for a TWD. Didnt work out. Picked up a Creech instead. Very happy with it. Monster row is complete.
    [quoted image]

Good pick. Not only is it a better “fit” for the theme, but CFTBL is HARD despite the rules being Pretty straight forward. Plus that video mode doesn’t get old. Fatality!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dream-row-of-monster-pins?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.