Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by freddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just got my Dr.Dude and was wondering if there is a way to reset the dude meter every new game? Right now if I get Plain Dude and then Party Dude and my games ends the next time I turn it on and start a new game the Dude meter will remain on the previous players achievement. I can't find anything in the adj's or the manual regarding this setting but could be missing something or it could be just the way it is. Please let me know. Thanks

#2 8 years ago

I thought it could be adjusted w tournament settings? Thought I read that somewhere.

#3 8 years ago

The Dude meter doesn't reset until the game is jackpotted during Super Dude. The Dude meter will continue to build one increment for every multiball and your Dude level carries over from game to game. Then, once you multiball in Super Dude and collect the jackpot, the Dude meter will reset back to Plain Dude.

I thought this was wrong on mine too originally, but now I think it makes the game more fun. Your best scoring games will *usually* happen during Super Dude games since the jackpot is bigger, so it's something to work toward. Blackbeard might be right about tournament mode, but really no reason to zero out the Dude meter as you always want to working toward Super Dude.

#4 8 years ago

But what would stink is your buddy getting the jackpot based upon your progressing thru dude levels. I guess it's no difference than system 11 progressive jackpots in a way.

#5 8 years ago

It should be an adjustable setting, I would rather have to get all the Dudes every new game. I'm going to look into the tournament settings.

#6 8 years ago

and i thought there as a glitch with my game! well good to know. "Dork"

#7 8 years ago

probably can't be reset. Atlantis does the same thing. Grows all the time, until someone finally lands a jackpot.

SOF does it too.

#8 8 years ago

so does Bad Cats and Cyclone.

#9 8 years ago

Its just like ransom in BK2K letters carry over from game to game. Most system 11s do this to encourage people in the arcade to keep spending money in order to get it.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It should be an adjustable setting, I would rather have to get all the Dudes every new game. I'm going to look into the tournament settings.

Try Adjustment 32, Contest Game. With that enabled, it should give you the game you want (jackpot always at maximum and Gazillion lit after second multiball). It should make the game identical for each new player.

#11 8 years ago

double post

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Try Adjustment 32, Contest Game. With that enabled, it should give you the game you want (jackpot always at maximum and Gazillion lit after second multiball). It should make the game identical for each new player.

I will try this.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Try Adjustment 32, Contest Game.

confirmed. first ten beers are on me

#15 8 years ago

burrrrrrp!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

confirmed. first ten beers are on me

I tried it and the first 3 are lit right away?

#17 8 years ago

That's because on the second multiball, it will light super dude ever time for gazillions

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

That's because on the second multiball, it will light super dude ever time for gazillions

I don't want that either, well I guess I have to accept thats the way it is, would have been a nice option to start the meter from plain dude every new game. Thanks

#19 8 years ago

I would be really impressed with anyone that can go from plain dude to super dude in one game. Dr Dude was the first pin I owned and it still schools me even though it seems so basic. Though I switched from super bands to Titan bands and that helped me a lot.

#20 8 years ago

After super dude it'll reset to the bottom, iirc. I think I've seen people get all the way through the dude-o-meter in competition play before on an easy-ish-playing Dr. Dude.

#21 8 years ago

I have another question regarding the rules, what is the third pinball for? is it like BOP where it has no real use or is it an adjustable setting, I can't find anything. Thanks

#22 8 years ago

It's a spare. They had the 3-ball trough on hand, and the cost of a pinball is low enough that having lost-ball protection for games on route was worth it. IIRC almost all the (Williams/Bally) multiball games post-whenever they designed the 3-ball trough have a third ball in 'em, even if the game only has two ball multiball. (I'm not sure if Stern/DE/Sega or Gottlieb did any two-ball games offhand.)

#23 8 years ago

Thanks, thats a shame because a 3 ball multiball would have been great on this table. I played this a lot at the Wizards Castle in a local mall (man I miss arcades) when I was supposed to be in school and had to buy it for nostalgic reasons alone but am I ever suprised how fun it is, highly underrated game in my opinion, should be up there with FH and WW and BOP, amazing.

#24 8 years ago

its up there in my Book!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drdude-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.