(Topic ID: 244879)

Custom TWD Walking Dead Translite & Apron (Comic Style)

By flipordie

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Happy81724
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C1C20EF1-12C6-485E-ADB2-7D56DB4DDF29 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6830 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
aprongraphics-1.jpg
aprongraphics-3.jpg
aprongraphics-3.jpg
shot1.jpg
shot2.jpg
aproncards.jpg
Set.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 11.11.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.54.54 AM (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Update: 08.22
Here's an update on a comic style for the (TWD) The Walking dead translite. I've drawn this alt set and it's printed on a thicker HQ Lexan. Wanted to Keep it fun with the cards, of Zombie versions of Sheets and Borg. I've added new cards and vinyl decals for the apron as a package. Some Pinsiders have received there's. If you're interested I have a couple left. Price is 200.00 US Shipped in Canada/US. 230 US International. Paypal PM for details.
Set.jpgSet.jpg
aproncards.jpgaproncards.jpgaprongraphics-3.jpgaprongraphics-3.jpgaprongraphics-1.jpgaprongraphics-1.jpgshot2.jpgshot2.jpgshot1.jpgshot1.jpg

#2 4 years ago

You are talented.

#3 4 years ago

CORALLLL!!!....Here's is an update on inks there about 90% before I do the colors. the logo is a place holder for now.
I may open this up for order if there's enough interest, this is my take on how I think the TWD could have been done.

next up colors!
Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.54.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.54.54 AM (resized).png

#4 4 years ago

Heres a final take on the backglass for the TWD, I'm about 90% done with tweaks. I love 80-90's campy illustration so here's a different take on the TWD. I guess my style is more like zombie yeti. (which i love his work) but If there is enough interest I can do a small run of these, and maybe make prem version as well...ill probably do a Star Trek next.

If you are interested PM for details. I might pack these with a small sketch as well.

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 11.11.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-15 at 11.11.34 AM (resized).png
#5 4 years ago

looks awesome!

whats your plans for star trek? Def peaked my interest!

make sure you dont get a C&D from Stern for selling these, might want to keep that on the down low if you go that route

#6 4 years ago

I love it! PM on the way!

#7 4 years ago

That looks awesome! I might be interested in one depending on price. Let me know if you decide to do a run.

#8 4 years ago

You'er a true professional. beautiful stylization, and broad color palette that must really compliment the playfield. Bravo!

#10 4 years ago

Would I ever love to see a full art package with this style of artwork... playfield, plastics, cabinet art... I can appreciate that isn't feasible and not worth the effort it would take to do it but I think this is just killer looking... TWD has its roots in the comics and although this style is more 'animated' for lack of a better word than the Image Comics I think it would go really really well. You are a talented artist.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Would I ever love to see a full art package with this style of artwork... playfield, plastics, cabinet art... I can appreciate that isn't feasible and not worth the effort it would take to do it but I think this is just killer looking... TWD has its roots in the comics and although this style is more 'animated' for lack of a better word than the Image Comics I think it would go really really well. You are a talented artist.

Ditto. Playfield might be asking a bit much but to see all the cabinet art in that style would be incredible. I’m on board!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

If Stern ever vaulted this game, I would trade in my Pro for comic-book style artwork. That is the only negative about the game.

#13 4 years ago

Quick update waiting on proofs they had to special order the material, Instead of sketches, I'm creating a brand new set of rule cards and apron graphics. I want it to look like one complete package. Ill be posting pictures of the Final translite and extras soon.

Also, does anyone out there have the rule card typed out? So i can reformat it copy and paste?

Quoted from pipes:

Ditto. Playfield might be asking a bit much but to see all the cabinet art in that style would be incredible. I’m on board!

I was thinking about doing a PF at one time. lol.. Cabinet art is interesting though

Quoted from roar:

Thanks for the kind words, yes TWD comic is pretty gritty. I agree about my style being more animated.

More updates to come.

1 month later
#14 4 years ago

Update: 07.31 BUMP!: Posted the Package details at the top
Here's an update on a comic style for the (TWD) The Walking dead translite. I've drawn this alt set and it's printed on a thicker HQ Lexan. Wanted to Keep it fun with the cards, of Zombie versions of Sheets and Borg. I've added new cards and vinyl decals for the apron as a package. Some Pinsiders have received there's. If you're interested I have a couple left. Price is 175.00 US Shipped in Canada/US. 210 US International. Paypal

If your interested PM for details.

#15 4 years ago

Will you have a premium/LE version of the apron decals available? They are different shaped for the crossbow

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Will you have a premium/LE version of the apron decals available? They are different shaped for the crossbow

More green, less red in the translite would fit better for the premium as well. Looks very nice though - Excellent work! I wish I had that talent.

#17 4 years ago

Awesome work! Love it!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Yes, I can do a version of the crossbow decal. But I would need some pics of the decal so I can get the sizing right.

Quoted from pipes:

More green, less red in the translite would fit better for the premium as well.

Sounds good, if I can couple more people to commit to a green. I can do one.

#19 4 years ago

Another update just added decal support for Prem/LE machines as well.

aprongraphics-3.jpgaprongraphics-3.jpg
#20 4 years ago

Mine showed up in the post today... brilliant... it looks amazing!

IMG_6830 (resized).JPGIMG_6830 (resized).JPGIMG_6831 (resized).JPGIMG_6831 (resized).JPGIMG_6832 (resized).JPGIMG_6832 (resized).JPG
#21 4 years ago

Its better than the original and kid friendly. Ive met atleast 2 people that couldnt get a TWD because the wife and kids. But now....

Edit: Less creepy, not so much kid friendly with the gun i guess.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Mine showed up in the post today... brilliant... it looks amazing!Thanks Again Roar!

Its better than the original and kid friendly. Ive met atleast 2 people that couldnt get a TWD because the wife and kids. But now....
Edit: Less creepy, not so much kid friendly with the gun i guess.

Thanks, newtoit, as violent as the game is I still felt it was campy and fun, basically like a "B-movie". And your kids can sleep at night is a bonus lol.

3 weeks later
#23 4 years ago

Hey, this looks amazing! Thinking about buying a TWD and the only way I do it is if you’ve still got some of these available? Also, any chance you’re planning on doing a skin for the body/head?

#24 4 years ago

Exactly @newtoit! I’ve got a 6 year old and this makes it sooooo much more kid friendly.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Exactly newtoit! I’ve got a 6 year old and this makes it sooooo much more kid friendly.

I’ve had some young kids over and it wasn’t the backglass that scared them it was animations on the DMD. Never dawned on me but I was chatting with the dad later and apparently his son was asking all sorts of questions about the people getting their head bashed in and having their guts eaten!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Hey, this looks amazing! Thinking about buying a TWD and the only way I do it is if you’ve still got some of these available? Also, any chance you’re planning on doing a skin for the body/head?

Just sent a pm I do have some left. I won't be doing another run after this well so the run is limited.

1 month later
#27 4 years ago

I wish it had more green in it. My prem is all green powder coated

4 months later
#28 4 years ago

Are these still available? Any further info on a greenish premium version? If not, anyone have pics of this one installed on a premium? Awesome work!

#29 4 years ago

I’m also interested in a greenish Premium version

#30 4 years ago

Holy effing cow this is amazing! I am not normally an enormous fan of home brew translites, but this thing is terrific!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Are these still available? Any further info on a greenish premium version? If not, anyone have pics of this one installed on a premium? Awesome work!

Yes i have a couple left, Sorry i only ran the red, but i know some pinsiders purchased them for there premiums this is the only run.
So if you have a prem, share those pics.

1 year later
#32 2 years ago

I just acquired a Pro WD with the Custom TWD Walking Dead Translite & Apron (Comic Style) that I plan to remove. Therefore, I have it available if anyone is interested PM me. Translite is Mint.... Looks great, excellent condition.,

1 year later
#33 1 year ago

Thread from the dead. Anyone.have a set of these left over?

#34 1 year ago

Looks amazing…I want

1 week later
#35 1 year ago

If you have any left I would take a set.

3 weeks later
#36 1 year ago

Ordered this in advance and just got my TWD, looks great!

C1C20EF1-12C6-485E-ADB2-7D56DB4DDF29 (resized).jpegC1C20EF1-12C6-485E-ADB2-7D56DB4DDF29 (resized).jpeg
#37 1 year ago

Looks awesome!

Giving this a bump I do have some sets if anyone is interested pm me. I can send you a link.

#38 1 year ago

Yes, yes it does. If I ever come in to a large amount of money, I am commissioning you to redo the artwork for the cab and the playfield.

1 year later
#39 7 months ago

Do you still make this transliteration for TWD and cards?

#40 7 months ago
Quoted from Pomz:

Do you still make this transliteration for TWD and cards?

I believe so, send a PM.

2 months later
#41 5 months ago

Can’t wait to get mine I just ordered. Do you have matching style art blades?

2 months later
#42 85 days ago

I know i’m out of the loop but just wondering if these are still available for a Pro?

#43 85 days ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I know i’m out of the loop but just wondering if these are still available for a Pro?

Yeah, I’d like the one too. Getting a premium later this week

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees?hl=dontpanicflip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.