Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Edenecho
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello all!
    I am super excited to present my new super chill Pinball show on youtube, DrainTalk!
    DrainTalk is about competitive pinball in Norway, beer tasting and just having a good time with friends

Episode 1 can be seen here:

In this first episode I look back on the last months, enjoy a really nice conversation with club colleague Bo Jimmy about pinball, movies and we taste exquisite beer from Bamberg, Germany and Oslo, Norway.

Subscribe to my channel here: https://tinyurl.com/drainmorten

------------

Background:
    I have been thinking about this since 2017, and from a simple idea of just chatting about pinball it kinda escalated to the point where I almost didnt want to touch video editing again after the last 3 weeks haha. I poured waaay to much creativity and effort into this, BUT..
    ..its out, and im very proud! Any subscription/likes and feedback is most welcome

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

That’s awesome.
    Yeah, that’s was my first time in Norway (or Scandinavia for that matter).
    I was there for business for a few days, but did get to sneak away one day to see the Viking ship museum. I spent a couple evenings at tilt and then walked over to that building close by that was like a big indoor food court to get something to eat.
    Hopefully after Covid I get to go back.
    Had an awesome time for the short while I was there.
    Great episode by the way!!!

Thats really cool to hear, and thanks for the kind words!
    Its possible to squeeze in a lot for a few days if living after midnight

The food quarter has alot of different food, abit expensive (of course, norway), but good variety.

Should you come back at a time, send me or MTN a message and we will fix a trip to our club or meet up for some beer and pinball at Tilt

4 weeks later
    #8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Any news on when you might get your Rick and Morty?
    Also, any new episodes planned soon?
    Cheers

Coindork Last I heard was June, because it was pushed back so Spooky could finish all the games that were for pickup first. Unfortunate, but thats just because Im so excited haha.

Things are set up for the next episode, will record within this or next week at latest! So hope to release it in two weeks
    Thanks for remembering!

2 weeks later
    #9 2 years ago

DrainTalk episode 2 will premiere on youtube TOMORROW (saturday) at 20.00 / 8PM CET / GMT+2 at this link:

This episode is a homage to Austria and Austrian Pinball Open, and why that tournament means so much to two Norwegians, I hope you will join me in the live chat while watching it together

This second episode is a personal recollection of my travels to Austria and Austria Pinball Open from 2016-2019 together with my mate Tom, and how life changed during those visits with Sandras passing. It is a celebration of friendship and the great experiences one gets when travelling to tournaments in other countries. We also have the pleasure of speaking to the organizers of the Austrian Pinball Open, and also of course tasting some exquisite austrian beers not possible to buy in Norway.

I am also discussing the norwegian rankings, the horrible WPPR decay and my failure to not increase my pinball collection further.

Morten

#10 2 years ago

I updated the thread title and the video is now on youtube:

Episode content:
    Last Month In Pinball Norway:
    - WPPR decay meltdown
    - Norwegian pinball rankings April
    - Silverball Mania modified tournament code
    Guest of the episode: Tom-Andre!
    - Austrian Pinball Open 2016 + 2017
    - Interview with Bernd Prucher and Markus Stix (APO organizers) part 1
    Beer tasting #1: Murauer Märzen
    - Austrian Pinball Open 2018 + 2019
    - Interview with Bernd Prucher and Markus Stix (APO organizers) part 2
    Beer tasting #2: Murauer Dunkel

Links to the different part is in the video description :slight_smile:
    Ill happily take all kinds of feedback!

2 months later
    #12 2 years ago

Last effort before taking vacation is Episode 3 of Drain Talk: Return of the WPPRs!

I talk about:
    - IFPA reopening & upcoming events in oslo
    - Beer tasting: Baladin Nora
    - Norwegian pinball rankings July
    - Rick & Morty soon here & Hot Tip
    - My Age of Empires 2 homebrew pinball; progress and status with photos and videos

Getting back to 30 minute length Feel free to share and subscribe to my youtube-channel

2 months later
    #13 2 years ago

After summer and one month of IFPA reopening, Drain Talk Episode 4 is now finally out!

Did I finally get my Rick and Morty? Is my Age Of Empires 2 homebrew finally flipping, with video footage? And, why would a Norwegian move to Taiwan and start a pinball company?

Check out the very nice conversation with Jack Morten from Scandinavian Pinball Factory, make sure to check that out and hear his stories about being a Norwegian pinball parts manufacturer in Taiwan, and other stories! Its in the 20 minutes.

The first part I talk about what has happened in pinball norway since August, including tournaments, rankings Rick and Morty and… Age Of Empires 2 pinball.

Episode content:

2:03 -Vacation summary
    3:39 - 1st August Reopening Tournament
    4:27 - Olav got his first NIB!
    4:38 - Rick and Morty Pinball is here!
    9:42 - Age Of Empires 2 Pinball: Flippin’ gameplay!!
    11:55 - Return of the Wpprs Tournament
    15:07 - Kristiania Flipperselskap + Stern Army = TRUE!
    16:44 - Rankings between July and September
    18:21 - Conversation with Jack Morten og Scandinavian Pinball Factory
    I would be very grateful if you subscribe to my youtube channel and follow my facebook page, DrainMorten

2 months later
    #15 2 years ago

Drain Talk episode 5: Falling Down! is now out!

In this fifth episode I talk about what has happened the last months, what lies ahead in pinball norway and my buddy Tom joins to talk about big changes in the norwegian pinball rankings. We also discuss how the current IFPA rules for country exemption spots for the world championship is problematic and possible ways it can be improved. Lastly we taste beers coming all the way from Fulda, Germany. Hope you all enjoy this densely packed 30 minute episode!

2:04 - Drain Talk changes
    LAST MONTH IN PINBALL NORWAY
    4:20 - Travels: Austria and Borås Pinball Open
    7:41 - Tournaments at our club and at Tilt
    10:03 - Beer tasting
    NORWEGIAN IFPA RANKINGS
    15:41 - Discussion about rankings and problems with IFPA's world championship eligibility spots
    24:34 - Whats happening ahead? XMas tournament, Fulda, Borås classic, Bergen open

Also available as audio/podcast:

Drain Talk Podcast:
    Spotify: https://tinyurl.com/draintalk
    Apple Music: https://tinyurl.com/draintalkapple

3 weeks later
    #16 2 years ago

DRAIN TALK Episode 6 (PODCAST): "XMAS Matchplay 2021 Recap" is now out! This is a podcast-only episode, its up on my podcast site, spotify and youtube if you'd like to listen there:

Buzzsprout: https://draintalk.buzzsprout.com/1884024/9700216-drain-talk-episode-6-xmas-matchplay-2021-recap

Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/0JflFV4boAHCmea8Lc9chu?si=P843rvHGQ8C-D-83gDfYWQ

Youtube (audio only):

In this 6th episode but first podcast-only episode of DrainTalk I talk about the XMAS Matchplay Open tournament weekend I organized with my buddy Tom last weekend, 3-5 december, in Oslo, Norway. I talk about the process from planning to completion, our visions and thoughts behind the the tournament, challenges regarding the formats and the choices we made with some hindsight and results.

Also, I would love to hear your thoughts:
    - What should have priority, time schedule or 5 balls on classic pinballs?
    - When does a classic "qualify" for being too random to use in a tournament?

Feel free to leave feedback and comments either here or on the youtube version.
    Hope you like this podcast episode in between the video episodes

// Morten

3 weeks later
    #17 2 years ago

Starting off 2022 with a retro pinball look back at 1971? Hell yeah!

DRAIN TALK Episode 7 is now out on youtube and is a different episode where I give some love to the pinball machine Sea Ray, from Bally.
    I talk about my relation to the game, a brief story and then a detailed tutorial where I cover the game basics and rules, tournament strategies and finally ending with a couple of games where I try to incorporate those strategies.

If you find this interesting and helpful, please subscribe and share, and of course all kinds of feedback are most welcome!
    // Morten

4 months later
    #18 1 year ago

As I am starting the journey to Florida and IFPA17, participating in the pinball world championships, Im very glad I managed to squeeze out a new DRAIN TALK episode in between Lisbon and Florida:

https://tinyurl.com/draintalk8

DRAIN TALK episode 8: 2022 so far, age of empires 2 homebrew and beer tasting!

In this episode I address the current state of my pinball machine, and together with TTom-Andre Andersenwe taste some unique beer from france and then look through the norwegian pinball events from January til April this year. We see who are rising up on the IFPA and NCS rankings and talk about tournament formats and TGP.

Hope you enjoy the show, while I do some pinball world championship'ing!

8 months later
    #19 1 year ago

Finally! THIS was a bitch to get done, but better late than never. And probably mostly for those especially interested :stuck_out_tongue:

The biggest pinball trip I made last year was to Florida, US, to take part in the IFPA 17 pinball world championships!
    It was a fun, exciting and exhaustive trip and finally, way overdue, I have managed to squeeze almost 2 weeks of adventure down to 1 hour of video diary!

This is Drain Talk episode 9: IFPA 17 The pinball adventure:

I dont expect you all to watch til the end cause it is alot, and especially the IFPA 17 analysis of my rounds is abit nerdy, but I appreciate every minute you join me on this adventure, and if you want to skip to certain parts the links are in the video description.

Thanks to Josh Sharpe and crew for hosting another great world championship, thanks to David Denholtz and his family for welcoming us, and the The Pinball Asylum crew for hosting the world championships.

And a big high five to my travel- and roommates Frank Nilsen, Ed Grobierd and Peter Andersen for a great time together!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drain-talk-episode-1-pinball-in-norway-and-beer-tasting?tu=Edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.