image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2492 (resized).png
20240410_202142 (resized).jpg
20240410_202154 (resized).jpg
20240410_202121 (resized).jpg
20240410_202135 (resized).jpg
20240410_201652 (resized).jpg
20240410_201645 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago

I'm in the club, could really use the plastic just left of the spinner as mine is broken.

I've also been trying to figure out if its physical or software related but my top right drop bank seems to behave oddly sometimes. Occasionally resetting and recognizing the bank as being completed when only one or two drops are actually down.

I have a new MPU and the updated roms, but the game definitely still seems to have some bugs like never being able to turn off extra balls, and occasionally while I'm playing the game will suddenly count my bonus and advance my ball even though the ball has never drained.

Anyone else experience any of these things before?

#24 5 years ago

There is a dip switch for extra balls to be turned off but it is my understanding that it simply doesn't work/was never coded in. Anyone else report back?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

That is correct. Cannot turn off extra balls on any code version.
Ron...

Thanks....I was able to reduce them by shutting off the ones awarded at the spinner I believe, but the stand up target one earned by completing all of those and then the lit drop bank seems to be the one that is there no matter what.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Very nice.
What is the correct color for pop caps on Dragonfist? The flyer shows color red. But I see blue. And now yellow. Are those F2K caps?

Don’t forget white! I think they had all the colors on this as they seemed to be piecing them together at the end.

3 months later
#44 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

These are the 3 Dragonfist plastics I need.
1) The one on the right side below the spinner is broken and glued back together
[quoted image]
2) My upper left arch has small piece broken off.
[quoted image]
Replacements for these two would be nice, but they are not that bad.
3) But #3 is the one I really need. If someone has one of these that is not broken and could make a scan of it, that would really be appreciated. I figure perhaps a passable one could be made with a water slide decal.
[quoted image]

Yep your #3 is broken on my machine as well.

3 weeks later
#55 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m still looking for some plastics. Do we have any chance of getting a resto set done for this title?

I would also take a set. I think CPR is our best bet, but they need someone to do the artwork and that is not in my wheelhouse at all.

1 week later
#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Looks like I'm finally joining this club!!! Picking up my game this weekend
If anyone here can get me good scans of their plastics I can try and get some made through a local source that has done custom plastics in the past.
I know the game I'm getting needs a couple for sure... but I'd try and make a full set if someone is willing to work with me on getting originals scanned.
Thanks

I have a scanner. I don't think all the plastics will fit on it even individually, and I have two broken ones, most likely the same broken one as everyone else, just left of the spinner.

#60 5 years ago

I'll start scanning them tonight then. Anyone else who can use the scans let me know. My left sling is chipped. Do you need me to scan them with graph paper behind them or anything?

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have one of those H-P glass bottom scanners. I can scan the middle play field for you, as well. Actually, I need to do a top side shop job so I could scan just about anything you need.
Here is a scan of my broken one. Is this acceptable quality?
[quoted image]

My plastic right there looks just about identical.

1 week later
#83 5 years ago

Sorry guys it took me a few extra days. I just got everything scanned and they should all be at 1200 DPI. Only a couple of them required more than one scan to fit the whole plastic so not much stitching should be required. Let me know if we need anything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cbtyfksib9p9kj7/AAD5wlycTujkDcXeaezKp8A8a?dl=0

Anyone with the link should be able to access I believe.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

Today I listed for sale a full set of plastics for DRAGONFIST:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76924
Robert Urbanowicz
PINBALLMANIA LLC
www.pinballmania.com
www.facebook.com/pinballmaniallc
ps: I also have for sale a nice repro of the backglass that I'll be listing tonight
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey man we are trying to get more of these plastics reproduced to help everyone. Is this something you can help the group find if it already exists?

1 month later
#96 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also willing to buy a nice back glass. Original 9.5 condition or better or a high quality reproduction is fine. I’ll ship it to myself or to Keith Holbrook in Dallas. Thanks.

Just got one from BGresto if their product is up your alley.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey guys, this is the plastic I need. I’m going to put my Dragonfist in storage till I can figure out some fix as the ball keeps getting hung up here with the plastic broken in half. Cotton had a good idea about removing the light which I’ll try this weekend. My other plastics aren’t great either but this one is the killer. Thanks. [quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is broken almost identical, but just cur some clear plastic with a dremel to put in there as a temporary fix, or hell some colored stuff if you don't want to just see the white area. Dragonfist deserves to be played.

1 week later
#122 4 years ago

I think your best bet is to use a dye to make the white ones red.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#131 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I know this will not grant me full membership into the club, but thought maybe I could gain Pledge status?
[quoted image]
I will probably enjoy gazing at it for awhile. . . but Ive already talked with another Pinsider needs it more than I do.

Should see if Mirco will remake them like he did quicksilver for everyone.

4 weeks later
#136 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Some of you might recall that I worked with CPR to get Dragonfist plastics produced. Well they just released them last night. Here's the page: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/dragonfist/
Enjoy!

Got mine ordered, thanks.

#140 4 years ago

I mean my is already clear coated but they did a not great job. I’ll take pics in a minute.

#141 4 years ago

What you guys think?

3774BFE8-E30B-4B98-9045-6472B6DFFFFE (resized).jpeg3774BFE8-E30B-4B98-9045-6472B6DFFFFE (resized).jpeg91CF6868-F91E-4327-BEF6-8BC6D6DC7F4A (resized).jpeg91CF6868-F91E-4327-BEF6-8BC6D6DC7F4A (resized).jpegB6486967-4BEF-45F5-B580-B2231E5588B3 (resized).jpegB6486967-4BEF-45F5-B580-B2231E5588B3 (resized).jpegE95C418C-E810-47A5-AF69-41AC6085ECED (resized).jpegE95C418C-E810-47A5-AF69-41AC6085ECED (resized).jpegED8D4868-9D5C-433E-8FBA-843A389638FA (resized).jpegED8D4868-9D5C-433E-8FBA-843A389638FA (resized).jpegF11C7680-AEF9-43DF-A9A1-15AF85207150 (resized).jpegF11C7680-AEF9-43DF-A9A1-15AF85207150 (resized).jpeg
#145 4 years ago

So Stu said mine would work, but I need to fully strip everything from both sides and send it in, and then it would be an indeterminate time before they could/would even get to it....so if someone already has a striped one I think that is a much better idea.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Someone posted a nice stripped playfield not long ago. Maybe whoever that one is going to would be willing to share it for a few weeks to get a scan?
Failing that, I could scan my playfield and send over the files to Stu when I finally get around to my restoration. It's got some wear by Bruce as well but not horrible. I'm sure he could piece together an accurate recreation with a few supplementary photos from another owner.

Stu messaged me and said they are no longer looking at this as a project just as heads up.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

79. My best spinner rip to date.
It was over in a matter of seconds. I don't what kind of RPM that would work out to be.
I think my last best was 48. Or maybe 57.
[quoted image]

I love that feature...I think mine is 81...but I'm positive it was a double rip

1 month later
#154 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Extra ball fix is in beta test right now for DF. Added a couple other options, one to carry the bonus ladder over, one to step the bonus up like the original software did before the first fix.
The first fix where the description didn't match the manual might have been a bit hasty - it could be interpreted in two ways, especially after disassembling the code. The text in the manual reads "The bonus points are acquired by knocking down individual drop targets" - which led me to believe (10 years ago or so) that the awarding of a bonus step on only the lit X bank was incorrect, leading to the first fix (on ipdb) of adding a bonus step regardless of which drop bank was lit.
Of course, there are other ways to build bonus NOT covered in the manual - lit standups award them as do the inlanes.
Back on track, there is also code in the original software to ALWAYS add a bonus step on a drop target, AFTER 7x is lit. So, with the first fix in place, if you got 7x, you would get TWO bonus steps per drop. That's called me introducing a bug.... I'm PRETTY sure I got IPDB the updated version after that, with JUST one step per regardless of multiplier max status. However, the fact that it was coded like that means that I now think that they INTENDED it to only be on the lit bank, and just neglected to stick it in the manual. The manual was probably type set ages before the game went into production. Hence, why I added it back into the code via a dip option (I eliminated the max credits option, it's always 99, to get some free dip switches.)
So, what OTHER things do owners think should be considered for the code? I think carrying the bonus ladder over is an interesting variant, because you can still turn off the bonus multiplier carrying over but still reward the player for doing well. (The bonus multiplier ends up trumping almost anything else if you carry it over and get 5x-7x and rip the spinner, there's where your points are going to come from. If you carry the ladder over instead there's more incentive to keep shooting the drop banks down).
The extra ball bug happens because the game has too many ways to add balls (this was later stern and the 'add-a-ball' option frenzy, which in certain combinations can totally break Split Second - it's possible through an innocent setting of dip switches on SS to get endless extra balls). The fix essentially removes extra balls, but needs to be tested as well with extra balls disabled, specials enabled, so that you can still get specials. That I am still working on.
Oh, and the end of game animation/sound effect where you can't actually restart the game in the middle, has been eliminated. That one always drove me crazy, because as all dragonfist owners know, it's not like the game takes more than a minute or 2, and you want to drop kick the credit button and fist again.
Oddly, the playfield plastic everyone has that's broken was intact on mine. Moot point since CPR can repro them on demand now.
I'm seriously considering adding a drop bank sweep bonus like flight 2k has, but not actually SCORE anything extra - just make that cool 25k completion sound from Big Game (I love that sound). Oh, and do SOMETHING about the horrible background sound. The thump-thump-thump component of it isn't too bad, but the pacmany-type siren sound has gotta go.
Oh, and speech, but only if I have an extra VSU100 laying around.....

You must be the man from that Enrique Iglesias song...you are my hero! Or perhaps I should go with Foo Fighters that would probably sound better...There goes my Hero...making pinball classics great!

I think a Sweep award of double dropped bank value would be fair and not really drastically change the way the game scores. I also agree that bonus carrying over at the 10k intervals would probably be a good idea and give players multiple ways to play the game then with bonus approach, or spinner approach. And absolutely eliminating all extra balls would be great and make this game much better for tournament use!

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yes, that's the plan. Although out of the background sound components (the thump and the siren) I like the thump but not the siren. I am initially going to see if I can just remove the siren and leave the thump.
There would be some stuff removed to make space for updates - the long light show thing at the end where you can't restart the game until its over, for instance. Unless you put a weebly board in or do some mods to the mpu200 to allow larger romspace. There's a slight bit of room available 'stock' but more is needed for any other custom stuff (speech wouldn't be too bad since most of that romspace is on the vsu100 board)

Also I would say make the code update based on the weebly board space, I'm happy to contribute to getting you a weebly board for the project if that would encourage it. I think anyone wanting to upgrade their rules in the machine should be willing to upgrade to the weebly board as well, that way you are free to modify as you / other owners see fit.

Sincerely thank you for doing this I love my Dragonfist. I just sold my seawitch because the rules are similar, and Dragonfist layout is just so much better.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Oh, I have plenty of weebly boards. Thank Andrew when you buy the board make sure to let him know that you're buying his board because you wanted the flexibility of the extra space. It's probably not convenient for him to leave the extra rom/ram in the design, and I appreciate it every day as I do crazy things with the boards they were never intended to by Bally/stern.
Probably the only thing I'm looking for is a single Red drop to replace one that snapped at its first party debut.... but I'm incredibly lazy so it would probably never get into the game anyway.

I'm converting my center bank to white because I had a red break, happy to donate my red to you whenever I get around to pulling it from the machine.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can you put up a picture of a red one, please? I would like to see the shade of red that it is. I want to see if the white ones can take color dye like the nylon plastics nuts.

I'll see if I still have the broken one laying in the cabinet if not I'll do my best to take some shots of them in the game

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Less electronics, more software.... and pretty specific at that. Put me in front of anything modern and I'll give more dumb looks than you can imagine. Kind of stinks since it's not marketable in any concrete way.

I reported a problem on my machine that may be unique to me but if you are looking into issues may as well see if you notice anything in the code that could cause it.

Start a game, X is on the upper right drop bank. I knock down lets say the two lower drops but not the top one. I don't collect my bonus multiplier or bank value and drain. Next ball, drops reset, x remails there, I plunge and the top drop is hit and drops, bank believes I have cleared it, they reset, I get my bonus x and value for bank, and the x moves to center drops. Essentially although the drops reset the mpu still seems to think those targets have been taken down again. I've checked the switches and they are adjusted properly and I replaced the diodes on all of those switchs. I have even swapped between a Weebly and Altek board an the issue persists. I'm planning to redo all the connectors next, but figured it would be worth checking in the code as well. I can take a video if that would help make things clearer as well.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I did actually look at the code I think you posted this previously - if you can get it consistent, take a video of it. There's actually something smart in DF's code - a thread that runs every once in a while to make sure that any drops missed are caught. (It compares what it thinks have dropped, to what is currently dropped, and if it finds any discrepancies, it re-triggers the drop switch virtually). I've no doubt that this is related to this issue. Otherwise, might end up being a mystery, because on each target reset, the drops are specifically masked out as re-triggering.
I have had this behavior on my machine too, only with the upper right bank, and only very rarely. I suspect the fix will be to make the periodic code not only check for missing downed targets, but ensure that the flags for downed drops are cleared when the target is UP (which it currently does NOT do.)
It would be helpful if your machine does this semi-regularly to make any fixes testable. Do you have an eprom burner and 27512 eproms? That would be the easiest burn to do, depending on your weebly board revision. Unfortunately due to Alltek's recalcitrant position re: updating their all-in-one eprom with custom code it would not be possible to test it on that board.

Yep I have a spare Weebly board in stock and I have a friend in town with a burner. I have to go pick up a machine today after work but will try to take some video tonight. I'll shoot you a PM and see what I can get you for video. Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy!

5 months later
#183 4 years ago

I thought I would just put this out there for you Dragonfist purist. Swinks has put these up on his Shapeways shop and you can get them printed in whatever color you want, including the original red. I figured someone may be interested.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/J8REG7JSC/stern-tombstone-drop-target-13a-11-rib-guide?optionId=65101926&li=shops

3 years later
#275 6 months ago

I’ve been given the clear to let everyone know I stripped my Dragonfist playfield several months ago and sent it off to BeeHive Pinball to be reproduced. He is close to having them done for those of you that prefer to avoid Mirco. I personally think it will be worth the wait.

#276 6 months ago

And just as reference my playfield was stripped sent out and returned to me in 3 weeks. This is the type of service I’ll gladly support.

#278 6 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So now 2 companies making playfields for a limited number produced game
Happy for all DF owners .

I think the bigger idea is scratch builds. This is why I was willing to send mine out. I want more people to be able to play this game. I believe plastics are already made and ball guides as well. Wire harnesses will be coming.

#281 6 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

This is one of those situations where one at CPR, or others, needs to get the OEM plastics,
and playfield, and reproduction playfields, in order to come up with a compatible plastic set
that is in more harmony, color wise, with the old playfield as well as the new reproduction playfield.

I’ve got cpr plastics on my original Dragonfist and they match up pretty well actually.

#289 6 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Members here were told "they play fields have all been spoken for". So it sounds like it may not be an option after all?

I think they got claimed quickly after it was revealed they were being made. I’m guessing he can do more eventually

1 week later
#302 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many scratch builds are likely to be made? I’d like to buy either a scratch build Dragon First or Star Gazer one day.

I’m building both. I’ve already built two star gazers and a quicksilver. I’d still bet there are less than 20 scratch builds of each total but I have no clue.

4 months later
#461 31 days ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Hope Mike is ok. Does he post here or anyone know him?

Talked to him yesterday, progress is still being made have no fear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 3.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dragonfist-club?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.