Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200405_202458.jpg
20200405_202508.jpg
IMG_3335 (resized).JPG
IMG_3309 (resized).JPG
#3 (resized).JPG
#2 (resized).JPG
#1 (resized).JPG
20160826_192105 (resized).jpg
IMG_1811 (resized).JPG
0633AE6B-FF79-42DF-B07E-4F8BCD6D8C74 (resized).jpeg
B6486967-4BEF-45F5-B580-B2231E5588B3 (resized).jpeg
ED8D4868-9D5C-433E-8FBA-843A389638FA (resized).jpeg
91CF6868-F91E-4327-BEF6-8BC6D6DC7F4A (resized).jpeg
F11C7680-AEF9-43DF-A9A1-15AF85207150 (resized).jpeg
E95C418C-E810-47A5-AF69-41AC6085ECED (resized).jpeg
3774BFE8-E30B-4B98-9045-6472B6DFFFFE (resized).jpeg

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Oops, bought another one today.
Guess I’ll leave a “a lot” of money on the table this time (inside joke)
[quoted image]

Well, don't leave too much money on the table. Otherwise you might be tempted to turn into an unannounced auction.

#52 1 year ago

I’m still looking for some plastics. Do we have any chance of getting a resto set done for this title?

#53 1 year ago

Oops, bought another one today.
Guess I’ll leave a “a lot” of money on the table this time (inside joke)
[quoted image]

Not interested.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Not interested.

Okay, that sounds good because it’s not for sale.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m still looking for some plastics. Do we have any chance of getting a resto set done for this title?

I would also take a set. I think CPR is our best bet, but they need someone to do the artwork and that is not in my wheelhouse at all.

1 week later
#56 1 year ago

Looks like I'm finally joining this club!!! Picking up my game this weekend

If anyone here can get me good scans of their plastics I can try and get some made through a local source that has done custom plastics in the past.
I know the game I'm getting needs a couple for sure... but I'd try and make a full set if someone is willing to work with me on getting originals scanned.

Thanks

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Drano:

If anyone here can get me good scans of their plastics I can try and get some made through a local source that has done custom plastics in the past.
I know the game I'm getting needs a couple for sure... but I'd try and make a full set if someone is willing to work with me on getting originals scanned.
Thanks

I have a scanner. I don't think all the plastics will fit on it even individually, and I have two broken ones, most likely the same broken one as everyone else, just left of the spinner.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have a scanner. I don't think all the plastics will fit on it even individually, and I have two broken ones, most likely the same broken one as everyone else, just left of the spinner.

I can stitch together multiple scans providing there is enough overlap between the scans so I can line them up.
Ideally a 300dpi scan or better would do the trick.

I would normally inquire if anyone wanted to send me theirs for scanning... but given the rarity I'm sure nobody wants to risk them getting lost in the mail.

If the plastics are merely chipped or cracked I can probably re-create any missing areas in Photoshop or Illusrator by comparing to photos of good ones... but the more you have the better the results of course.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks

I can scan mine and PM them to you or send them to you on a thumb drive. My upper left arch has a small section missing. My lower right side is broken and glue back together. I may have access to an unbroken one by the middle drops at TPF. I'll get back after TPF.

#60 1 year ago

I'll start scanning them tonight then. Anyone else who can use the scans let me know. My left sling is chipped. Do you need me to scan them with graph paper behind them or anything?

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can scan mine and PM them to you or send them to you on a thumb drive. My upper left arch has a small section missing. My lower right side is broken and glue back together. I may have access to an unbroken one by the middle drops at TPF. I'll get back after TPF.

Cool! That would be great!

I'll reach out to my local guy and see what he needs to get these made. They won't be screen printed, but I've seen others he's done and they are certainly acceptable. I think they were reverse printed on plastic.

I'd also be really interested in knowing if anyone has a direct scan of the playfield (at least the middle section with the guy's face and dragon head)?
My game is a bit of a project, but I'll be doing a full restore. If I had a good scan I could use my rub-on transfer decal method to repair the art perfectly. And as usual, all files would be shared with the community.

Thanks!

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'll start scanning them tonight then. Anyone else who can use the scans let me know. My left sling is chipped. Do you need me to scan them with graph paper behind them or anything?

As long as the images don't get scaled, I don't need any graph/lines. They should come out at full scale

White background is best too.... so as not to alter the colours. Most scanners already have this built in anyway.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Drano:

Cool! That would be great!
I'll reach out to my local guy and see what he needs to get these made. They won't be screen printed, but I've seen others he's done and they are certainly acceptable. I think they were reverse printed on plastic.
I'd also be really interested in knowing if anyone has a direct scan of the playfield (at least the middle section with the guy's face and dragon head)?
My game is a bit of a project, but I'll be doing a full restore. If I had a good scan I could use my rub-on transfer decal method to repair the art perfectly. And as usual, all files would be shared with the community.
Thanks!

I have one of those H-P glass bottom scanners. I can scan the middle play field for you, as well. Actually, I need to do a top side shop job so I could scan just about anything you need.

Here is a scan of my broken one. Is this acceptable quality?
103982994253dbea2431bf66f1faeaafb0ea788b (resized).jpg

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have one of those H-P glass bottom scanners. I can scan the middle play field for you, as well. Actually, I need to do a top side shop job so I could scan just about anything you need.
[quoted image]

My plastic right there looks just about identical.

#65 1 year ago

Well, hopfully someone can help us out with a good image of the lower portion

Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

I grabbed the image and opened it up in Photoshop.
The image is set to full size (roughly 8"x10" in this case) but the resolution is set to screen res (72dpi) which is not good enough. That may just be a product of Pinside down-sizing the file. Your original may be larger... but I'd want at least 300dpi or better. We could set up a Dropbox or WeTransfer for the larger files.

Here's what I see when I zoom in on this one. Also, the file is only 27kb and should be at least a few MB to be high enough quality.

Screenshot 2019-03-13 14.32.14 (resized).png

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Drano:

Well, hopfully someone can help us out with a good image of the lower portion

I grabbed the image and opened it up in Photoshop.
The image is set to full size (roughly 8"x10" in this case) but the resolution is set to screen res (72dpi) which is not good enough. That may just be a product of Pinside down-sizing the file. Your original may be larger... but I'd want at least 300dpi or better. We could set up a Dropbox or WeTransfer for the larger files.
Here's what I see when I zoom in on this one. Also, the file is only 27kb and should be at least a few MB to be high enough quality.
[quoted image]

I can scan in at at better quality.

#67 1 year ago

Cool.
If I can get a couple of sources for scans that'll be even better. I can better compare colours and maybe overlap with any missing art from one set to the other

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Drano:

Cool.
If I can get a couple of sources for scans that'll be even better. I can better compare colours and maybe overlap with any missing art from one set to the other

I'll get mine to you after TPF. Color comparison would be great. I have some Big Game plastics where the yellow is almost orange.

Tiger Law, you are a lawyer. Surely you have an office full of scanners. Let's get this man some scans.

Rah Rah Rah !!!!!

#69 1 year ago

Okay, that sounds good because it’s not for sale.

And yet you sold it. Thanks for the neg, you're an upstanding citizen.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

And yet you sold it. Thanks for the neg, you're an upstanding citizen.

I did not sell it, but it wasn’t for sale to you, so the feeling was mutual.

#71 1 year ago

Semantics.

I know of 6 other Dragonfists, all in better condition. Two are local that I can play whenever I get the itch. So no, I truly wasn't interested.

#72 1 year ago

I did not sell it, but it wasn’t for sale to you, so the feeling was mutual.

Since you still have it perhaps you would be you could consider scanning your plastics and get them to Drano.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Since you still have it perhaps you would be you could consider scanning your plastics and get them to Drano.

I have scans of the plastics on usb

#74 1 year ago

I have scans of the plastics on usb

I have been scanning mine and have emailed 2 scans to Drano. I got a 1200 dpi thru to him via email. I don't know who my IPS's MB brick wall is at but I will scan until I can't.

Try sending Drano a scan via PM and see he can use it.

#75 1 year ago

Got my machine today. It's been a few years since my friend offered me first crack at this... It was worth the wait.

It's going to be a bit of work, but I'm excited to restore it. Getting a good scan of that central playfield section will help a lot.

As for the plastics and everyone who's been offering to help with scans. Almost all the plastics on this pin are okay except for the one by the spinner. It's totally missing. This means that I can get good scans of my own plastics with the exception of that one.

If someone can help out with just that one plastic, I'll clean up the artwork and inquire about getting some new sets made.

Here's a pic from today.

20190317_114431 (resized).jpg

#76 1 year ago

Got any Fathoms you don’t need?

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Sorry. One's mine and the other is a friend's. I'm just starting work on both.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Quoted from Drano:

Sorry. One's mine and the other is a friend's. I'm just starting work on both.

I think the correct response is, "Go fish"

#79 1 year ago

I have a Fathom I could do without but it would definitely require something of similar value on my want list.

#80 1 year ago

I have a Dragonfist and I love it. It's a keeper. So brutal, I love it.

#81 1 year ago

I hope to join this club someday

#82 1 year ago

Just joined the club . Looks like it's going to be a fun play....

....and one game in I shatter a drop target...doh!

#83 1 year ago

Sorry guys it took me a few extra days. I just got everything scanned and they should all be at 1200 DPI. Only a couple of them required more than one scan to fit the whole plastic so not much stitching should be required. Let me know if we need anything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cbtyfksib9p9kj7/AAD5wlycTujkDcXeaezKp8A8a?dl=0

Anyone with the link should be able to access I believe.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sorry guys it took me a few extra days. I just got everything scanned and they should all be at 1200 DPI. Only a couple of them required more than one scan to fit the whole plastic so not much stitching should be required. Let me know if we need anything else.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cbtyfksib9p9kj7/AAD5wlycTujkDcXeaezKp8A8a?dl=0
Anyone with the link should be able to access I believe.

Awesome!!! Just downloaded them.

I'll spend a couple of days splicing the scans together and trying to correct any blemishes before sending off to my friend.

All we really need now is a good image (can just be a photo) of the bottom tip of that broken spinner plastic.

If anyone here has a good one and can post a close-up photo, that would be super helpful. I can re-draw the missing portion since the one that Tsskinne scanned is nearly complete

#85 1 year ago

Today I listed for sale a full set of plastics for DRAGONFIST:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76924

Robert Urbanowicz
PINBALLMANIA LLC
www.pinballmania.com
www.facebook.com/pinballmaniallc

ps: I also have for sale a nice repro of the backglass that I'll be listing tonight

IMG_4714 (resized).JPGIMG_4715 (resized).JPGIMG_4716 (resized).JPGIMG_4717 (resized).JPGIMG_4718 (resized).JPG

#86 1 year ago

The backglass for the Stern DRAGONFIST pinball machine is now listed for sale on the Pinside ads:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76929

Thanks for looking!
Robert Urbanowicz
PINBALLMANIA LLC

IMG_4727 (resized).JPGIMG_4729 (resized).JPGIMG_4728 (resized).JPGIMG_4730 (resized).JPGIMG_4731 (resized).JPGIMG_4732 (resized).JPG
#87 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

Today I listed for sale a full set of plastics for DRAGONFIST:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76924
Robert Urbanowicz
PINBALLMANIA LLC
www.pinballmania.com
ps: I also have for sale a nice repro of the backglass that I'll be listing tonight
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey man we are trying to get more of these plastics reproduced to help everyone. Is this something you can help the group find if it already exists?

#88 1 year ago

Yah, what's the deal with those plastics? The protective backing points to those be repro and not nos.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Yah, what's the deal with those plastics? The protective backing points to those be repro and not nos.

The ad states they are repro. The question is, are there MORE sets available? Same with the backglass.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hey man we are trying to get more of these plastics reproduced to help everyone. Is this something you can help the group find if it already exists?

Quoted from RazerX:

Quoted from dothedoo:

The ad states they are repro. The question is, are there MORE sets available? Same with the backglass.

The backglass and plastics were custom made for a Stern DRAGONFIST that I sold.
A total of four sets of plastics and two backglasses were produced after investing time and money into this project.
I have no intentions to make more nor to make public the files, etc.
At this time, one backglass and two sets of plastics are gone. A third set of plastics and the second backglass are sold pending the payment.

#91 1 year ago

UPDATE: Second backglass and the third set of plastics are sold. Only one set of plastics is left for sale.

EDIT: Last set of plastics is spoken for.

2 weeks later
#92 12 months ago

Got my fist delivered today. Plays fast and fun, looking forward to a bit of a restore!

20190412_142603 (resized).jpg20190412_142704 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#93 11 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

EDIT: Last set of plastics is spoken for.

Oh man, I pretty badly need some plastics. I can’t believe I missed this.

#94 11 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man, I pretty badly need some plastics. I can’t believe I missed this.

Do you need all of them or are there a couple in particular you are after? I have a few unbroken ones.
Edit: read the thread and my left of spinner plastic was gone.

#95 11 months ago

Also willing to buy a nice back glass. Original 9.5 condition or better or a high quality reproduction is fine. I’ll ship it to myself or to Keith Holbrook in Dallas. Thanks.

#96 11 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also willing to buy a nice back glass. Original 9.5 condition or better or a high quality reproduction is fine. I’ll ship it to myself or to Keith Holbrook in Dallas. Thanks.

Just got one from BGresto if their product is up your alley.

#97 11 months ago

Any owners in this topic willing a take a nice clear picture of the guy in the slingshot area? A picture directly down would be a great help.

#98 11 months ago

Hey guys, this is the plastic I need. I’m going to put my Dragonfist in storage till I can figure out some fix as the ball keeps getting hung up here with the plastic broken in half. Cotton had a good idea about removing the light which I’ll try this weekend. My other plastics aren’t great either but this one is the killer. Thanks. 77E84AE3-B145-42C3-87C0-CBB7ADCA751A (resized).jpeg75FC9FF0-0F6D-4C2E-9506-EBB393080372 (resized).jpeg

#99 11 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey guys, this is the plastic I need. I’m going to put my Dragonfist in storage till I can figure out some fix as the ball keeps getting hung up here with the plastic broken in half. Cotton had a good idea about removing the light which I’ll try this weekend. My other plastics aren’t great either but this one is the killer. Thanks. [quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is broken almost identical, but just cur some clear plastic with a dremel to put in there as a temporary fix, or hell some colored stuff if you don't want to just see the white area. Dragonfist deserves to be played.

#100 11 months ago

I really can’t believe I missed those plastics that were for sale. I knew I needed them then and just didn’t check the thread at that time. Ah well, if anyone hears of more being ran somewhere or if someone doesn’t need the one I’m in desperate need of and wants to sell it please let me know. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 7.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 149.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside