IMG_1912 (resized).jpeg
20240608_150831 (resized).jpg
Dye Colouring Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
110427AE-54F1-4401-BB57-49DFFE7BE0D6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_2716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5384 (resized).JPG
There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 36 days ago
Quoted from emsrph:

My harness is ready and waiting for the playfield
[quoted image]

Looks like you could use some zip tie labels:

Zip Tie LabelsZip Tie Labels

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017TW8ULM

#552 36 days ago

I know some of you are waiting for the play field that is coming from Beehive.

What I can tell you about the the play field that Mirco sent to me is a very nice play field. I have several posts screwed down tight for a few months now and I have no pooling issues around the posts.

I also have made two sets of rails ( one set for me and one set for a pinsider asking for a set ). With the 2 Quicksilver play fields I built, there were noticeable compression marks left by the rails in the areas of the play field where the rails mount. After mounting 2 sets of rails for fitting and removing them for painting, I see no signs of compression marks in the clear coat. The clear coat looks virgin and unmolested.

If you are wanting to build a Dragonfist and do not want to wait on Beehive, I'll say with confidence that you should not have any issues with the clear on the Mirco unit. From my perch, I think Mirco has solved his clear coat issues.

Happy building.

#553 36 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Looks like you could use some zip tie labels:
[quoted image]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017TW8ULM

Thanks, considered those but too many bad reviews.

#554 35 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I know some of you are waiting for the play field that is coming from Beehive.
What I can tell you about the the play field that Mirco sent to me is a very nice play field. I have several posts screwed down tight for a few months now and I have no pooling issues around the posts.
I also have made two sets of rails ( one set for me and one set for a pinsider asking for a set ). With the 2 Quicksilver play fields I built, there were noticeable compression marks left by the rails in the areas of the play field where the rails mount. After mounting 2 sets of rails for fitting and removing them for painting, I see no signs of compression marks in the clear coat. The clear coat looks virgin and unmolested.
If you are wanting to build a Dragonfist and do not want to wait on Beehive, I'll say with confidence that you should not have any issues with the clear on the Mirco unit. From my perch, I think Mirco has solved his clear coat issues.
Happy building.

Appreciate your thorough testing and review of the Mirco.

I’m tempted but keeping the faith for the Beehive. Hopefully not too much longer to wait.

#555 35 days ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Thanks, considered those but too many bad reviews.

Bad reviews on Pinside or Amazon? Haven’t seen either, and these have been very useful.

LabelsLabels

LabelsLabels

No harm in using tape or stickers, but these felt more permanent. Highly recommend

And if you go Wire-Bot for a harness, they can be included

#556 35 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Bad reviews on Pinside or Amazon? Haven’t seen either, and these have been very useful.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
No harm in using tape or stickers, but these felt more permanent. Highly recommend

I think that was my "fault" as I had the Nine Ball harness made and my color blindness caused a few issues.

#557 35 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Some Amazon comments were they break easily, too small, ink smears, etc. Although they seem to have worked for you. Your Whitewater build is very nice!

My masking tape is temporary and will be removed during install. I've identified the connector and pin locations of each wire to avoid making a mistake. That's my system. With a new 100% color-correct harness I probably wouldn't need this step.

#558 30 days ago

For the record, I instantly hate any Classic Stern restores that use the crappie decals that you now buy on eBay. Mine has just completed the paint process. Waiting for the white to dry before reassembly begins.

20240608_150831 (resized).jpg20240608_150831 (resized).jpg20240614_134750 (resized).jpg20240614_134750 (resized).jpg20240614_142315 (resized).jpg20240614_142315 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#559 21 days ago

Can someone please confirm. It appears that the factory installed the Game Over light in the wrong place on the light board. It seems to be about 5" to the left of where it should be.

20240623_140822 (resized).jpg20240623_140822 (resized).jpg
#560 21 days ago

Mines in the right place

PXL_20240623_211815622 (resized).jpgPXL_20240623_211815622 (resized).jpg
#561 21 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Mines in the right place
[quoted image]

Rookie mistake. Was looking at the wrong side of the light board. All good now. Thanks.

#562 18 days ago

I think I'm going with Mirco August 1st. I'll give it one more month and it's time to play some pinball. Not sure I want to wait another 6-10 months. Good news for everyone else, I'm sure the second I pull the trigger the other will drop lol

#563 18 days ago
Quoted from splattii:

I think I'm going with Mirco August 1st. I'll give it one more month and it's time to play some pinball. Not sure I want to wait another 6-10 months. Good news for everyone else, I'm sure the second I pull the trigger the other will drop lol

I stand by my post #552. I do not think you will have any issues.

1 week later
#564 6 days ago

Anyone else need a set of Dragonfist drop targets from swinks ?

This could be your last chance to secure a set. Please respond here, or send swinks a PM to register your interest. $90 AUD for a set of 10, plus colour dying & labour costs. If 5 more people are interested in a set, the total cost is $100 per set + shipping.

#565 6 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Anyone else need a set of Dragonfist drop targets from swinks ?
This could be your last chance to secure a set. Please respond here, or send swinks a PM to register your interest. $90 AUD for a set of 10, plus colour dying & labour costs. If 5 more people are interested in a set, the total cost is $100 per set + shipping.

I think a game needs 9 and I did a spare last time. If people want 10 it will be $100 and then splitting the cost of the dye and labour time to do the dye colouring. I would confirm the price, and payment would be before dye colouring as don't want to be stuck with a bunch of red drop targets
and eg if 5 people wanted 10 red targets it would be approx $115AUD + postage each

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 199.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.