20240328_122049 (resized).jpg
20240328_122245 (resized).jpg
20240328_122251 (resized).jpg
20240328_122310 (resized).jpg
IMG_2298 (resized).png
IMG_2299 (resized).png
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2303 (resized).jpeg

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 5 years ago

Nineteen Pinsiders now have a Dragonfist. That's enough to start a club, maybe.

I need some plastics. Here is hoping CPR will add those to their to-do list.

#2 5 years ago

I need a left sling.

#3 5 years ago

Also need plastics!!

Ron...

#4 5 years ago

I’d like to know how to get the “old” or “easy” bonus scoring back. Mine is hard!

Also, the drop targets often fall spontaneously. Anyone know a fix?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I’d like to know how to get the “old” or “easy” bonus scoring back. Mine is hard!

My 7X bonus goes back to zero for each new ball. In other words, Bonus Not Held. I think dip switch #30 controls this action. If you do not ant the bonus to reset after each ball I think you need to switch #30 to ON.

I'll check this tomorrow.

Drop targets falling could be several things. It might be that they are just dirty. Or the landings on the drop targets could worn. Either way, you will need to remove the drop target assembly. Either to clean them or replace them. Someone else may have a different idea that would work better.

#6 5 years ago

Who sells them? I need one for Cheetah, too-a 5-bank with memory.

#7 5 years ago

Great game!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Who sells them? I need one for Cheetah, too-a 5-bank with memory.

Steve at Pinball Resourse sells drop targets for classic Sterns. I think the only targets he does not sell are the tombstone style targets, the red targets for the targets on Dragonfist, and the 6-7-8-9 targets for Big Game.

He does sell the 1-2-3-4-5 numbered targets that work for Big Game, Cheetah, and Flight 2000.

http://pbresource.com/pfdroptar.htm#Stern

#9 5 years ago

Those are the targets, not the banks.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Those are the targets, not the banks.

You mean you need the complete drop target assembly?

#11 5 years ago

All of the back glass lift rails on my old Sterns are rusted badly so I have been busy replacing them with polished stainless steel lift rails that Gatecrasher makes.

The other item I am starting to replace is the white trim strip that goes along the sides of the classic Stern back glasses. I don't know about you but on all of my classic Sterns that white trim strip is just one more piece of plastic turned yellow from years aging and of nicotine exposure.

You cannot buy white trim strips. You can only buy trim strips in black. Some people are happy with the black trim strips. I'm not. I like the white ones but as I said, you cannot buy them.

I have found a solution. Here are 3 pics showing a comparison of the old trim vs. the new.

The old:

IMG_8451 (resized).JPGIMG_8451 (resized).JPG

The new:

IMG_8452 (resized).JPGIMG_8452 (resized).JPG

Side by side:

IMG_8453 (resized).JPGIMG_8453 (resized).JPG

Here are the new white trims on the Star Gazer that I am building.

IMG_8449 (resized).JPGIMG_8449 (resized).JPG

IMG_8450 (resized).JPGIMG_8450 (resized).JPG

Some people like the black trim and I get that. But for those who like the white as I do, here is how you procure some white trim.

You go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a length of white plastic channel that is used as a border for shower walls.

This stuff. It is designed to cover the edge of shower wall material which happens to be 1/8" thick. Your back glass is 1/8" so the fit is perfect. The only thing you have to do is make the short leg of the channel a little shorter than it is; You can leave it as you bought it which is longer than what Stern used but if you have access to a table saw you can trim the short leg to the correct size.

Eight feet of this shower wall trim costs about $3.00. It will yield enough sticks to do both sides and the top of your back glass. $6.00 worth will allow you to put new white trim on three of your Stern back glasses.

IMG_8456 (resized).JPGIMG_8456 (resized).JPG

Now, I need to put this on the other Stern threads.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nineteen Pinsiders now have a Dragonfist. That's enough to start a club, maybe.
I need some plastics. Here is hoping CPR will add those to their to-do list.

I need a mint Dragonfist

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I need a mint Dragonfist

Look to the east.

Cross The Channel

Search for the Hoarder

It has to be there

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Try taking a few loops off of each drop target spring. The spring not only pulls the target down, but it also holds it forward when up. The vibrations of the mech resetting can cause the target to fall back down if the spring has loose tension.

Also, check that there isn't a bunch of slop in the linkage from the coil plunger to the reset bar. If this isn't smooth, it can lead to targets missing the catch lip.

#15 5 years ago

Have backglass, need a game.......or playfield.

#16 5 years ago

Love the spinner counter on the backglass.

Think this is going to be harder to find than Quicksilver with only 302 made!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The 7X bonus is controlled by dip switch pin #30. If you want the bonus to reset to zero after each ball drains then #30 needs to be OFF. OFF is the dip switch being moved to the right.

If you want the 7X bonus to stay lit after the ball drains them #30 needs to be slid over to the left to be ON.

#30 pin slid to the right is Hard.

#30 pin slid to the left is Easy.

Try making this change and let me know if this is the issue you were addressing.

Thanks.

#18 5 years ago

Anyone looking to sell their Dragonfist?

2 weeks later
#19 5 years ago

Hi from Australia, I was lucky enough to find my Dragonfist when it randomly appeared on Gumtree sales about a year ago in non working condition.
Dropped what i was doing and called work to say i was not coming in and got in the van for the 18hr round trip to pick it up.

Guy i bought it from had no idea what it was, have not heard of another one in Aus.

Needs a left sling plastic but otherwise decent condition and fully working now after replacing ram chip on cpu board.

Have to say it is a great game and it will live in my collection for a long time.

DSC01185 (resized).JPGDSC01185 (resized).JPG
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic789:

Hi from Australia, I was lucky enough to find my Dragonfist when it randomly appeared on Gumtree sales about a year ago in non working condition.
Dropped what i was doing and called work to say i was not coming in and got in the van for the 18hr round trip to pick it up.
Guy i bought it from had no idea what it was, have not heard of another one in Aus.
Needs a left sling plastic but otherwise decent condition and fully working now after replacing ram chip on cpu board.
Have to say it is a great game and it will live in my collection for a long time.[quoted image]

Wow ! Looks like it is great condition. Nice back glass.

2 weeks later
#21 5 years ago

Finished mine up just in time for the Houston Arcade and Pinballl Expo. Was clearcoated and extra speedy.

518FFD5B-D795-40DC-8879-EA77C9237F94 (resized).jpeg518FFD5B-D795-40DC-8879-EA77C9237F94 (resized).jpegB2D89F35-BE65-4DCC-9034-5C1F678F3D4A (resized).jpegB2D89F35-BE65-4DCC-9034-5C1F678F3D4A (resized).jpegEF99FC52-A2D1-4E3E-911C-D05706658FD9 (resized).jpegEF99FC52-A2D1-4E3E-911C-D05706658FD9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#22 5 years ago

I'm in the club, could really use the plastic just left of the spinner as mine is broken.

I've also been trying to figure out if its physical or software related but my top right drop bank seems to behave oddly sometimes. Occasionally resetting and recognizing the bank as being completed when only one or two drops are actually down.

I have a new MPU and the updated roms, but the game definitely still seems to have some bugs like never being able to turn off extra balls, and occasionally while I'm playing the game will suddenly count my bonus and advance my ball even though the ball has never drained.

Anyone else experience any of these things before?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm in the club, could really use the plastic just left of the spinner as mine is broken.
I've also been trying to figure out if its physical or software related but my top right drop bank seems to behave oddly sometimes. Occasionally resetting and recognizing the bank as being completed when only one or two drops are actually down.
I have a new MPU and the updated roms, but the game definitely still seems to have some bugs like never being able to turn off extra balls, and occasionally while I'm playing the game will suddenly count my bonus and advance my ball even though the ball has never drained.
Anyone else experience any of these things before?

Don't know about the extra ball problem, but you definitely have a problem in the switch matrix somewhere. Probably a shorted diode.

#24 5 years ago

There is a dip switch for extra balls to be turned off but it is my understanding that it simply doesn't work/was never coded in. Anyone else report back?

#25 5 years ago

That is correct. Cannot turn off extra balls on any code version.

Ron...

Quoted from Tsskinne:

There is a dip switch for extra balls to be turned off but it is my understanding that it simply doesn't work/was never coded in. Anyone else report back?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

That is correct. Cannot turn off extra balls on any code version.
Ron...

Thanks....I was able to reduce them by shutting off the ones awarded at the spinner I believe, but the stand up target one earned by completing all of those and then the lit drop bank seems to be the one that is there no matter what.

#27 5 years ago

Here is my FIST!!20160826_192600 (resized).jpg20160826_192600 (resized).jpg

20160826_192105 (resized).jpg20160826_192105 (resized).jpg20160826_192239 (resized).jpg20160826_192239 (resized).jpg20160826_192253 (resized).jpg20160826_192253 (resized).jpg20160826_192301 (resized).jpg20160826_192301 (resized).jpg20160826_192308 (resized).jpg20160826_192308 (resized).jpg
#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Here is my FIST!![quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.

What is the correct color for pop caps on Dragonfist? The flyer shows color red. But I see blue. And now yellow. Are those F2K caps?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Very nice.
What is the correct color for pop caps on Dragonfist? The flyer shows color red. But I see blue. And now yellow. Are those F2K caps?

Don’t forget white! I think they had all the colors on this as they seemed to be piecing them together at the end.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Very nice.

Yea, From an F2K. Comes with red and yellow targets. I put F2K caps and red targets. I like it that way.

1 month later
#31 5 years ago

Anyone looking to move on from a Dragonfist please hit me up.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Anyone looking to move on from a Dragonfist please hit me up.

Good luck with that. I've offered to buy or trade for one for years and can only find one's that aren't available.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any where to get a new plastic set?

No. And I need some. One pinsider talked to CPR and CPR would need vector drawings. I don't know how to vector but would be willing to learn if I could get scans of plastics that are not broken.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. And I need some. One pinsider talked to CPR and CPR would need vector drawings. I don't know how to vector but would be willing to learn if I could get scans of plastics that are not broken

Alas, my plastics are broken.

1 month later
#36 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One pinsider talked to CPR and CPR would need vector drawings. I don't know how to vector but would be willing to learn if I could get scans of plastics that are not broken.

My broken plastics are causing ball hang ups. I'm going to try and figure a temp fix for this. Love this game, I wish they would get the extra plastics made somehow...even if some of the artwork wasn't identical.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My broken plastics are causing ball hang ups. I'm going to try and figure a temp fix for this. Love this game, I wish they would get the extra plastics made somehow...even if some of the artwork wasn't identical.

Which ones are broken, Tigerlaw? There ought to be an easy fix for playability issues.

1 week later
#38 5 years ago

Part of the club, too. Picked up mine a couple years ago for a song. New rectifier board, flipper rebuilds and she was as good as new. Love this game. I installed a couple GI’s behind the middle bank of drops. Highlights the art behind it much better and it’s not so dark. Back glass is pretty much mint, but I got a big mylar square between the slingshots due to wear. Still plays like a damn.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Which ones are broken, Tigerlaw? There ought to be an easy fix for playability issues.

I meant to take a photo but then just kind of forgot. It’s the big one just right of center. I’ll try and take a photo tomorrow (I’m putting Titan bands in tomorrow).

My backglass is pretty nice but could probably be touched up a bit as well. Seems unlikely we will get plastics or a repo backglass any time soon for this game due to how rare it is.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I meant to take a photo but then just kind of forgot. It’s the big one just right of center. I’ll try and take a photo tomorrow (I’m putting Titan bands in tomorrow).
My backglass is pretty nice but could probably be touched up a bit as well. Seems unlikely we will get plastics or a repo backglass any time soon for this game due to how rare it is.

I just got my rePro back glass from BG Resto. Looks great !!

#41 5 years ago

These are the 3 Dragonfist plastics I need.

1) The one on the right side below the spinner is broken and glued back together

Dragonfist plastics12052017_4 (resized).jpgDragonfist plastics12052017_4 (resized).jpg

2) My upper left arch has small piece broken off.

Dragonfist plastics12052017_7 (resized).jpgDragonfist plastics12052017_7 (resized).jpg

Replacements for these two would be nice, but they are not that bad.

3) But #3 is the one I really need. If someone has one of these that is not broken and could make a scan of it, that would really be appreciated. I figure perhaps a passable one could be made with a water slide decal.

plastic22122016 (resized).jpgplastic22122016 (resized).jpg

#42 5 years ago

Would be great if someone would repro the whole set! I'd take one.

#43 5 years ago

Hardest goddamn spinner in the biz. I just cannot line that little SOB up...and you need it for the first bonus X

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

These are the 3 Dragonfist plastics I need.
1) The one on the right side below the spinner is broken and glued back together
[quoted image]
2) My upper left arch has small piece broken off.
[quoted image]
Replacements for these two would be nice, but they are not that bad.
3) But #3 is the one I really need. If someone has one of these that is not broken and could make a scan of it, that would really be appreciated. I figure perhaps a passable one could be made with a water slide decal.
[quoted image]

Yep your #3 is broken on my machine as well.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hardest goddamn spinner in the biz. I just cannot line that little SOB up...and you need it for the first bonus X

I think Seawitch is tougher; It has a smaller entry. That said, I had to make a mod to my Dragonfist play field and the entry point is much narrower.

I like the spin counter. I ripped it one time for 58 spins.

I'll get a picture of the mod in a couple of days.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I like the spin counter. I ripped it one time for 58 spins.
I'll get a picture of the mod in a couple of days.

Is this a Stern specific mod or can it be put on any game?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Is this a Stern specific mod or can it be put on any game?

It is a Dragonfist specific mod. Applies to no other pinball machine.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think Seawitch is tougher; It has a smaller entry...

For me it's not entry it's the placement; Seawitch is a good call though.

#49 5 years ago

My Dragonfist mod.

When I got my Dragonfist up and running and leveled with a 6% slope whenever, and always, if the ball was coming down the spinner chute, the ball would always bounce off of the top post of the right sling shot. That did not seem right to me and even if it was right I was not going to live with the crappy post-bouncing ball.

IMG_9734 (resized).JPGIMG_9734 (resized).JPG

What I did was move the outboard ball guide inward a little bit to redirect the ball into the right hand flipper to get a chance for a decent shot. The ball guide used to sit under the plastic. You can see the guide is now way inboard of the plastic. It seemed like a funky way to have to resolve the problem but I did not know what else to do. I am open to any ideas on why this problem exists (at least on my pin). I'd like to correct this and go back to stock if I could find a solution.

IMG_9729 (resized).JPGIMG_9729 (resized).JPG

One change leads to another and now I had to add a new post so the ball would not collide with the edge of the relocated ball guide. Its make for a real tight spinner shot with the smaller chute opening. But it helps to make me a better player, I think. This could be more correctly said as, " I wish it would make me a better player."

IMG_9727 (resized).JPGIMG_9727 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#50 5 years ago

Oops, bought another one today.

Guess I’ll leave a “a lot” of money on the table this time (inside joke)

17E67915-C2EF-4F57-858C-E9947213D91B (resized).jpeg17E67915-C2EF-4F57-858C-E9947213D91B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dragonfist-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.