(Topic ID: 254655)

Dragon's Lair Homebrew ETPinball

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

horse-dead.gif
    FA452199-9EC2-43D2-9EAA-8F064B77483B (resized).png
    924F54E2-B747-4020-8C44-81411FC491B0 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20210714_213047 (resized).jpg
    20210713_112622 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-190422_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Delhi_Lawyers (resized).jpg
    224ea675d84c4c3c8f7376d94e3dcc4d227f0e23 (resized).jpg
    23012019 (resized).jpg
    80802038_10219088241270275_6365818544071901184_n (resized).jpg
    80350519_10219088246150397_878861174752411648_n (resized).jpg
    80094422_10219088241750287_2230811077308841984_n (resized).jpg
    80048312_10219088240470255_100968191433375744_n (resized).jpg
    80041973_10219088247230424_6883459079306477568_n (resized).jpg
    79943058_10219088244870365_2130620219121467392_n (resized).jpg
    There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Another wrinkle is that it seems there is/was a second profile on Facebook which may have been impersonating eneatoluzzo.

Ok, so if that's true, from what he posted he's known about both these guys making fake FB accounts/posts for years and not at least tried to get the one immitating him shut down? I'm a nobody, and when a duplicate FB account of me popped up I reported it and it was shut down in a day or two. Like I told him on the FB group before the Kickstarter Poll he's got a good eye for layout and design, but obviously he's ran down this path with blinders on and smacked into a big tree.

#302 1 year ago

I was making the dragon s lair pinball only as homebrew. Only for me. Not for commercial use.
    And I shared my work.
    Then some people like the project and ask me to buy. And ALWAYS i said: i cant.
    Then i started to ask DL the copyirghts and if they could be interested in the project.
    Then someone (entered like admin long time ago for AN error, long story) read and wrote some different posts from mine.
    Probably is this the problem.
    I can t see him. But probably you can see him.
    DL think i was writing kickstarter campaign start.
    But I don t write in any way kickstarter or ask money to anyone. Without copyrights.
    I was thinking to the kickstarter only because people ask me to make. No company was interested in my project. But only if DL could give me copyrights.
    If they choose not to support my project ...i was returing to my original idea. Make a pinball only for me with new tecnology. Stop.

The not nice thing is that with their legal DL decide to avoid me to show my homebrew everywhere.

So i will change theme.
    And one day i ll go with my home brew (not dragon s lair) to Chicago.

This is the end

#303 1 year ago
    Quoted from eneatoluzzo:

I was making the dragon s lair pinball only as homebrew. Only for me. Not for commercial use.
    And I shared my work.
    Then some people like the project and ask me to buy. And ALWAYS i said: i cant.
    Then i started to ask DL the copyirghts and if they could be interested in the project.
    Then someone (entered like admin long time ago for AN error, long story) read and wrote some different posts from mine.
    Probably is this the problem.
    I can t see him. But probably you can see him.
    DL think i was writing kickstarter campaign start.
    But I don t write in any way kickstarter or ask money to anyone. Without copyrights.
    I was thinking to the kickstarter only because people ask me to make. No company was interested in my project. But only if DL could give me copyrights.
    If they choose not to support my project ...i was returing to my original idea. Make a pinball only for me with new tecnology. Stop.
    The not nice thing is that with their legal DL decide to avoid me to show my homebrew everywhere.
    So i will change theme.
    And one day i ll go with my home brew (not dragon s lair) to Chicago.
    This is the end

I just don’t understand why you just don’t finish the DL home brew for yourself. Nobody can stop that. No need to change theme and you can take it to Chicago with no fear as it is your own home brew.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I just don’t understand why you just don’t finish the DL home brew for yourself. Nobody can stop that. No need to change theme and you can take it to Chicago with no fear as it is your own home brew.

If I read the post correctly, I believe he stated that Digital Leisure specifically ordered him not to display it in public. Different than if he just showed up with it and they had no prior awareness.

#305 1 year ago

I am sure he can complete his homebrew and show it off as a homebrew as not selling any of the assets so DL can't stop that - different story if trying to promote to sell.

#306 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I read the post correctly, I believe he stated that Digital Leisure specifically ordered him not to display it in public. Different than if he just showed up with it and they had no prior awareness.

That is correct. Plus he stated he signed and NDA. My guess is with how this imploded he doesn't want to take a chance of any future legal hassle.

#307 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That is correct. Plus he stated he signed and NDA. My guess is with how this imploded he doesn't want to take a chance of any future legal hassle.

So if you bring a one off homebrew to a show after being told not to by an IP owner- what can they sue you for? From earlier posts it would seem you’re in the clear but I guess lawyers can always come up with some bullshit.

#308 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

So if you bring a one off homebrew to a show after being told not to by an IP owner- what can they sue you for?

Misrepresentation, brand confusion, trademark infringement, copyright infringement....

Quoted from Mbecker:

From earlier posts it would seem you’re in the clear but I guess lawyers can always come up with some bullshit.

It's not generally worth their (or their lawer's) time to come after someone doing a personal project, or the optics that would go along with the attention from doing that. Technically, you're not in the clear unless you actually have a license agreement.

#309 1 year ago

What a shit show all round...

Hats off to you for the retheme/homebrew...well done!

#310 1 year ago

“Better to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission.”

Let this be a lesson learned for any future IP homebrews or reskinners…

#311 1 year ago

The dragon s lair pinball was ready long time ago. Working. Playable.

But need some software adjusment.

Now it s only for me.

It s a pity not to show it at Chicago.
    This is why i m working on other two pinballs.

But now all we ll be secret until the end!

I don t want to make the same error.

Bye! And thanks for all support on this thread

#312 1 year ago

This is a shame @eneatoluzzo. Your game looked awesome too. Incredible job! The magnetic snake ramp was so cool. It was the Pinball Magic wand magnetic ramp on steroids. Lol

Honestly, If this were me, nothing would stop me from finishing that machine for my own personal use and enjoying the heck out of it. Nor would I let them stop me from showing it off at Pintastic, Allentown or anywhere else I was invited to attend. I'd have zero fear of being sued as there's no way they're spending all that time, lawyer expense or fees trying to wheel me into court, especially when there's zero money to gain from it. And be real, you think they're gonna try to track this poor guy down in another country!? Not happening. The most they'll do is hope to scare a person to stop with a cease & desist letter and the threat of a potential lawsuit. I'd laugh at them myself, but that's me.

Now, if I built the DL machine and brought it out for sale for monetary gain, then yes, I'd expect a legit suit heading my way, but that's not the case here. Ene legit tried to obtain but was denied (or maybe just couldn't afford) the licensing rights. Is what it is. Finish your build and enjoy your machine bro.

A little info on this cloning nonsense...

Lots of people clone others. I can tell you factually that a company can tell people who are fakes. Even Pinside can. They look at ip addresses amongst other things within a person's device to determine the real person's location and where the fake is. They can then ban the fake person's device permanently.

Now, a banned person can come back with another device, make another clone account and continue to cause trouble, but they can only do so till someone let's the app admin know so they can ban that new device. Once a device is banned, they can't come back on with that banned device again.

On top of that, if eneatoluzzo had people blocked, he wouldn't be able to see what they're saying. So if his clone is posting nonsense, even right after he himself posts, he won't know cause he blocked the person. So if this is happening to anyone with the cloning crap, don't block the person. Screen shot them for proof 1st, then email it into the app company and let them know what's going on. After they've been caught and permanently banned, then you block whomever the scum bag was.

As for DL...

Dragon's Lair was an awesome game that was so mesmerizing when it 1st came out. I'll never forget it. Everyone was in awe of it and had to play it, even if only a few times because of it's high price (.50 cents). It would totally make for a killer pin, especially if great video game play was added in. I hope this comes to fruition one day. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Honestly, If this were me, nothing would stop me from finishing that machine for my own personal use and enjoying the heck out of it. Nor would I let them stop me from showing it off at Pintastic, Allentown or anywhere else I was invited to attend. I'd have zero fear of being sued as there's no way they're spending all that time, lawyer expense or fees trying to wheel me into court, especially when there's zero money to gain from it.

If he had any interaction with the IP holder and signed anything then his legal risk is high, this is poor advice.

Diligent IP holders have no choice but to wield a legal hammer when a nail pops up or risk devaluing the IP or worse losing it to the general public.

#314 1 year ago

If you are an admin on a FB page I don't think you can be blocked from seeing someone's posts even if they have you blocked.

#315 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

If you are an admin on a FB page I don't think you can be blocked from seeing someone's posts even if they have you blocked.

Yes you can. Many groups will even have it in the rules that you can’t block the admin or mods. Still beating the dead horse are ya.

#316 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Yes you can. Many groups will even have it in the rules that you can’t block the admin or mods. Still beating the dead horse are ya.

Yes, thats in the rules of many groups because A. They are ran by boomers. and B. It was maybe a problem a long time ago but FB fixed it. Here is a link for proof: https://www.facebook.com/help/1818045045155371

Beating what dead horse? Yeah, something doesn't quite add up here to me but I don't think I'm going overboard on anything merely pointing out some things.

#317 1 year ago

Downvoting someone because you got proved wrong

Look I'm not accusing anybody of anything (yet) just saying something is fishy here. Maybe its nothing...but I'm just pointing out some glaring holes in the story.

#318 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Downvoting someone because you got proved wrong
    Look I'm not accusing anybody of anything (yet) just saying something is fishy here. Maybe its nothing...but I'm just pointing out some glaring holes in the story.

LOL, the only thing you proved was that they changed the rule. As he stated, he left the group for a while. Then came back and had to get admin rights again. So unless he took the time to check over every post and every persons name in the group it's still posable and probable for him to miss the other user until the post was made about the kickstarter. You're still beating a dead horse here. Are you a little jealous over his work? Maybe? It's pretty easy to see you have been a hater since your very first post. The only fact is. No matter how much you point your finger and accuse him. There is no way to prove it didn't happen exactly the way he said. So enjoy your witch hunt. I've got to get back to finishing up my games to take to the show tomorrow.

#319 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

LOL, the only thing you proved was that they changed the rule. As he stated, he left the group for a while. Then came back and had to get admin rights again. So unless he took the time to check over every post and every persons name in the group it's still posable and probable for him to miss the other user until the post was made about the kickstarter. You're still beating a dead horse here. Are you a little jealous over his work? Maybe? It's pretty easy to see you have been a hater since your very first post. The only fact is. No matter how much you point your finger and accuse him. There is no way to prove it didn't happen exactly the way he said. So enjoy your witch hunt. I've got to get back to finishing up my games to take to the show tomorrow.

This is the way FB has been for at least a few years now.

He did a great job, very nice work and I'd never try to take that away from him. I'm jealous and I want to ruin him because of that? Thats one of the most laughable things that's ever been said to me. I'm not pointing my finger I'm simply saying a few things don't add up. His past actions (like the big temper tantrum over the dragons lair Vpin) and this crazy story with holes just raises my eyebrow. It could be nothing and I'd be more than willing to accept that. Even if some huge conspiracy was somehow exposed, so freakin what? Who would be harmed? Literally nobody. Its not that big of a deal and its very strange how fierce you feel the need to defend even the slightest comment.

#320 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

This is the way FB has been for at least a few years now.
    He did a great job, very nice work and I'd never try to take that away from him. I'm jealous and I want to ruin him because of that? Thats one of the most laughable things that's ever been said to me. I'm not pointing my finger I'm simply saying a few things don't add up. His past actions (like the big temper tantrum over the dragons lair Vpin) and this crazy story with holes just raises my eyebrow. It could be nothing and I'd be more than willing to accept that. Even if some huge conspiracy was somehow exposed, so freakin what? Who would be harmed? Literally nobody. Its not that big of a deal and its very strange how fierce you feel the need to defend even the slightest comment.

horse-dead.gifhorse-dead.gif
    #322 1 year ago

Maybe you're just jealous of how cool and insightful I am

1 week later
    #323 1 year ago

Be all catefull!
    Here in italy there is a man.
    I worked form him.
    When I asked to be paid he disapperaed.
    Then i ve some law trouble. But after 5 years (law in italy is a long run) i win.
    Of course i had all sms and chat to show that I was saying truth.
    This man is someone that usually makes fake profile and come into forum to destroy people like me.
    Unfortunally he is a lier. And he had some problems with law in USA too.
    If you ll see ECAT nuclear project you ll find Rossi and Fabiani.
    These people re lier.
    And one of them don t payd me for my work.
    So be carefull.
    Probably one or more here is not what he is saying.

And for all... yes. The dragon s lair pinball is ready to be played. But not to sell.
    It will be only at my home.

But I decide one day to go to Canada to ask for the last time to review the decision to not make a pinball with this amazing title

#324 1 year ago

https://oggiscienza.it/2017/04/14/fusione-fredda-processo-andrea-rossi/index.html

If the link disappear ... one of these men i worked for making them pinball... is here with fake name!

There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dragon-s-lair-prototype-etpinball-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.