• Latest reply 9 years ago by jiffy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150130_204035~2.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I am working on a 1977 Dragon from InterFlip and noted that the far left/right standups weren't advancing the bonus.
Then I checked the schematics, saw that there was no bonus advance logic in the schematics for them.
Then I checked IPDB: all other photos of Dragon just have "5000 points" on the far standups, not "5000 points & ADVANCE".

IMG_20150130_204035~2.jpgIMG_20150130_204035~2.jpg

On IPDB, the photo of the sales flyer shows "5000 points & ADVANCE". It is also mentioned in the advertised features list.

Does anyone else have one like this? Is it a prototype? An early version where they decided to drop that logic, but hadn't yet updated the playfields?

#2 9 years ago

I have personally seen two different playfields for Dragon. Take a look at 30,000 on the bonus. Does it look off center or incorrect?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Take a look at 30,000 on the bonus. Does it look off center or incorrect?

The 30k is visible in my photo and it looks aligned like the other numbers. If you have a variant can you post a photo?

#4 9 years ago

Dragon has bonuses!? Wow, I didn't realize there was anything other than dragons and sweet, sweet sounds. I love the game! BAO!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Dragon has bonuses!? Wow, I didn't realize there was anything other than dragons and sweet, sweet sounds. I love the game! BAO!

The bonus score is negligible, but the bonuses are what gets you an extra ball! It is set by a switch under the playfield: 6 through 9 bonus adds for an extra ball. Adds a tiny bit of risk/reward strategy to the game.

BAO!

#6 9 years ago

This is from IPBD. My dragon playfield had a black arrow under the lexan in the shooter lane. My playfield had the extra "0".

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3887&picno=55797

#7 9 years ago

I notice that the playfields have a number beneath their "Extra Ball When Lit". Mine is 1052, what is yours?
This one on IPDB is 2173. http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3887&picno=54022&zoom=1

#8 9 years ago

No ADVANCE on mine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dragon-interflip-prototype and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.